Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Opinion About High Maintenance Ladies - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Opinion About High Maintenance Ladies (9146 Views)

What Is Your Honest Opinion About Girls That Give Up The Cookie Too Quickly.. ( / Ladies, What's Your Kinda Opinion About This(pix) / Your Opinion About Dating Your Neighnour? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion About High Maintenance Ladies by busygirl(f): 2:21am On Oct 04, 2011
Hi people, this post is just to have an idea of what men think about high maintenance girls. First of all, do you judge women by how expensive they look? I happen to fall into the category of ladies that like designer bags, brazillian weave etc and I spend quite a lot fixing myself. I pay for my own stuff and I am not a gold-digger. So to the guys here, would you still go after a woman knowing clearly she is high maintenance, or would you rather not consider a high maintenance chic at all.

PS; I know a few nairaland members to be quite insultive. Pls no insults. Thanks!
Re: Opinion About High Maintenance Ladies by lagcity(m): 2:29am On Oct 04, 2011
when a lady is well put together, it forces a man to check himself twice b4 approaching (make sure the shoe is tight, etc.). but ultimately, it is the lady's body language that determines if i am gonna strike up a conversation, not her designer wear.
Re: Opinion About High Maintenance Ladies by Princek12(m): 2:41am On Oct 04, 2011
I go for pretty ladies, whether they have the high maintenance look or not. Interestingly, many ugly girls think they are pretty because they have the high maintenance look. If you are ugly, you are ugly, and no amount of Gucci Bag and Brazilian hair can erase that.

I like girls who are naturally pretty, as in they wear little or no make up and do not need Brazilian or Indonesian hair to look good. Some girls overdo it and end up looking like a transvestite.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion About High Maintenance Ladies by omega25red(m): 2:52am On Oct 04, 2011
personally i like the unattainable so i would go for you high maintenance girl. Besides you up keep your own bags and hair crap so it's all good.
Re: Opinion About High Maintenance Ladies by Nobody: 2:54am On Oct 04, 2011
with all the fake goods out there, looking expensive is the biggest lie on earth. to me, someone who try too hard to look "expensive", probably isnt. it would also say a great deal about that person's way of thinking. you do NOT have to wear designer cloth to be well dressed and you do not have to wear the most expensive shoe to look elegant.
now if you had said, what i would do if i see an elegant/classy lady, THEN that's another ball game!

high maintenance solely depends on what you require from a r/ship:
- if you like the finer things in life like great food, good wine (and you indulge in it daily) then i would understand why you would prefer that your partner take you out to higher end restaurants, BUT, if you expect him to pay you money so that you can indulge in such "hobby", then GD you are!
- if you buy yourself such items as Brazilian hair and Gucci bags(real) then you do NOT need to expect your bf to buy it for you. if you do, then you are NOT high maintenance, GD you are!  .
- if you often travel to exotic places and stay in 5* hotels, and  expect your bf to take you to equally exotic places, when going to vacation, then there is nothing wrong with that. BUT, if you have never left the shores of 9ja and expect your bf to take you on shopping spree to NY, Milan etc then GD you are!
- if you ride okada all year long and you have no problem with that so long as he comes and pick you up then its all good, BUT, if you expect him to buy you a car simply because he is dating you then GD you are!
- if you live in your parent's BQ and often meet at your bf's house, it's all good, BUT, if you expect him to buy you a pad in Banana Island then GD you are!

IMHO,the only people who are "high maintenance" are the ones who GOT IT when you meet them and require the same level of "comfort" in which you find them in. anyone who sees "high maintenance" as a free meal ticket to become who they are not, is just a common GD.

sadly, many women out there have no class, they dont know how to present themselves, they have no prospects, no dreams, no ambition (apart from making money and getting the latest fashion), they dont know how to act in public, they can't hold a conversation, apart from arm candy they bring nothing to ones life. . . . . . .they are SIMPLY and SOLELY a good lay and expect men to pay royally for the privilege of mounting them.

1 Like

Re: Opinion About High Maintenance Ladies by busygirl(f): 3:11am On Oct 04, 2011
@Mrbrownjay I like your response. I don't necessarily buy designer stuff all the time, I go to bargain shops too grin but, I like quality stuff and I know it when I see it. I actually believe I have so much to offer character wise and all, but I wasn't sure if guys place some sort of stereotype on ladies with long weaves and their dress sense.Thanks for the responses.
Re: Opinion About High Maintenance Ladies by Lax75(m): 3:17am On Oct 04, 2011
@MrBrown

Bros, whats good na? Howz it going down there in Rio? I'm serious about coming down oo. Was looking at tickets for the last two weeks in december. Flipping pricey. Wouldn't mind some tips from you.

Holla at ur boi!
Re: Opinion About High Maintenance Ladies by Lax75(m): 3:21am On Oct 04, 2011
@OP

High maintenance isn't only limited to how expensive (wallet-wise) a chick is oo. There is also the chick who is high maintenance in regards to her emotions. Emotionally high maintenance chicks plenty and I don't know which is even worse. I've encountered those. Just wanted to add those 2 cents.

1 Like

Re: Opinion About High Maintenance Ladies by Princek12(m): 3:28am On Oct 04, 2011
busygirl:

@Mrbrownjay I like your response. I don't necessarily buy designer stuff all the time, I go to bargain shops too grin but, I like quality stuff and I know it when I see it. I actually believe I have so much to offer character wise and all, but I wasn't sure if guys place some sort of stereotype on ladies with long weaves and their dress sense.Thanks for the responses.

I don't stereotype anyone, but if she is into popular brands, then to me it is a sign that she has a low self esteem and she is only buying the popular brands to compensate for the shortfall in her self esteem. Some women only want to buy the popular brands such as Gucci and Prada, and they ignore the less popular brands, many of which are of comparable quality to the popular brands. A confident woman does not have to buy the popular brands to look fly.
Re: Opinion About High Maintenance Ladies by BABE3: 3:33am On Oct 04, 2011
Princek12:

but if she is into popular brands, then to me it is a sign that she has a low self esteem

Worrahell?! Craziest thing I've heard since the year 2002.

Your "opinion" is not well founded Sir.
Re: Opinion About High Maintenance Ladies by MrsChima1(f): 3:37am On Oct 04, 2011
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided at the males' responses.
Re: Opinion About High Maintenance Ladies by Nobody: 3:53am On Oct 04, 2011
busygirl:

you said it all: you like QUALITY STUFF, and that doesnt have to automatically be designer/expensive stuff. so you could be dressed in a $100 outfit and look 10x better than the lady who is from head to toe in designer fashion.

the character you talk about is what should enhance and display, rather than your pricey fashion sense. if you have expensive tastes then, a guy who gets to know you, will eventually figure it out naturally.

Lax75:

@MrBrown
Bros, whats good na? Howz it going down there in Rio? I'm serious about coming down oo. Was looking at tickets for the last two weeks in december. Flipping pricey. Wouldn't mind some tips from you.
Holla at your boi!

December to March is HIGH season in Brasil so everything down here is expensive. it's the best season to visit but also the craziest and priciest. . . . . . .  .ending it all with a B A N G aka the Rio Carnaval (debauchery at its best)

and you are absolutely right about the emotionally damaged ones out there. quick to say they love you but they dont have a clue about the meaning of the word. quick to ask you to sing/dance and jump higher than their ex while we all know that if he was the shiit, she would still be with him. quick to demand calls/texts at every other hour of the day, if you dont, you must NOT care! lol quick to shed them crocodile tears to have you soften your stance. kai!!! quick to demand to be the center of your universe, even higher than your parents and siblings (god forbid, her BB needs are more important than your sibling's education)!
Re: Opinion About High Maintenance Ladies by Lax75(m): 3:59am On Oct 04, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

December to March is HIGH season in Brasil so everything down here is expensive. it's the best season to visit but also the craziest and priciest. . . . . . . .ending it all with a B A N G aka the Rio Carnaval (debauchery at its best)

and you are absolutely right about the emotionally damaged ones out there. quick to say they love you but they dont have a clue about the meaning of the word. quick to ask you to sing/dance and jump higher than their ex while we all know that if he was the shiit, she would still be with him. quick to demand calls/texts at every other hour of the day, if you dont, you must NOT care! lol quick to shed them crocodile tears to have you soften your stance. kai!!! quick to demand to be the center of your universe, even higher than your parents and siblings (god forbid, her BB needs are more important than your sibling's education)!
This is gospel bros! The ones who want you to breath, eat, sleep and live them.

Bros, don't count me out for xmas. I'm still trying to see about coming down o. Make I come dance ijo agidi (salsa) with some of dem mamacitas. Ay! grin
Re: Opinion About High Maintenance Ladies by iice(f): 4:50am On Oct 04, 2011
Hmmm i used to think i was high maintenance emotionally.  Ok make that, still think i am.  Just that my definition is opposite of MrBrown's.   
Re: Opinion About High Maintenance Ladies by lagcity(m): 4:58am On Oct 04, 2011
^^^^^
emotional high maintenance. kai, that one is worse ooo. it can sap the energy out of a man.
Re: Opinion About High Maintenance Ladies by 9janinja1(f): 5:09am On Oct 04, 2011
Princek12:

I go for pretty ladies, whether they have the high maintenance look or not. Interestingly, many ugly girls think they are pretty because they have the high maintenance look. If you are ugly, you are ugly, and no amount of Gucci Bag and Brazilian hair can erase that.

I like girls who are naturally pretty, as in they wear little or no make up and do not need Brazilian or Indonesian hair to look good. Some girls overdo it and end up looking like a transvestite.

bro u'd be surprised what the right kind of brazilian hair can do tongue

busygirl:

Hi people, this post is just to have an idea of what men think about high maintenance girls. First of all, do you judge women by how expensive they look? I happen to fall into the category of ladies that like designer bags, brazillian weave etc and I spend quite a lot fixing myself. I pay for my own stuff and I am not a gold-digger. So to the guys here, would you still go after a woman knowing clearly she is high maintenance, or would you rather not consider a high maintenance chic at all.

PS; I know a few nairaland members to be quite insultive. Pls no insults. Thanks!

who cares what anyone thinks , you like what you like , i like to spend my money on food and when i look into the fridge and see it full it gives me inner joy (elebi like me) but for real , if it makes you happy then go for it , there are high maintenance guys too , especially the good looking ones , sexy human beings
Re: Opinion About High Maintenance Ladies by iice(f): 5:20am On Oct 04, 2011
lagcity:

^^^^^
emotional high maintenance. kai, that one is worse ooo. it can sap the energy out of a man.

Yea especially when you can't get the other to give a damn. Exhausting i heard grin
Re: Opinion About High Maintenance Ladies by lagcity(m): 5:23am On Oct 04, 2011
iice:

Yea especially when you can't get the other to give a damn. Exhausting i heard grin

abeg take am easy with our brothers ooo. being a man is hard work already. please all we need is ego massage and soothing body massage from you ladies, not extra headache.
Re: Opinion About High Maintenance Ladies by iice(f): 5:28am On Oct 04, 2011
Being a woman is hard work too smiley
Re: Opinion About High Maintenance Ladies by Nobody: 9:40am On Oct 04, 2011
Princek12:

You made a lot of sense man.
Re: Opinion About High Maintenance Ladies by busygirl(f): 9:47am On Oct 04, 2011
iice:

Being a woman is hard work too smiley
innit dear! I don't like my natural hair because it's thin even though its long. So, I'm kind of addicted to weave, especially the long ones. The longer it is, the better it is grin. All these things costs money lipsrsealed
Re: Opinion About High Maintenance Ladies by Ozioma49(m): 10:13am On Oct 04, 2011
as for me i like gals being themselves so if lookn expensive is being u den i dnt av a problem with dat, doesn't stop me frm approaching u.@busygirl, nice pix
Re: Opinion About High Maintenance Ladies by shollymata(m): 10:26am On Oct 04, 2011
High Maintenance is a purely relative description.

You may think you are high maintenance and yet be cheap to the prospective suitor, and you may think you are cheap and yet be a high maintenance to the prospective suitor. The bottom line is to cut your coat according to your cloth. Want what you can afford, any extras come as a bonus.

What is not relative though, is your attitude and general comportment. A woman with self esteem will have self esteem even when she's having a bad day, that's an area you can build on. I think there's a suitor for every class. You are not disadvantaged in anyway by your class or taste, however you may be disadvantaged by your attitude. I for one will at least have a second date with a lady who has self confidence and who can make a conversation with a sense of humour as well as good dress sense (designers might be a + with the right combo and colour), than a lady who has low self confidence (designer or not).

In reality, a good, right sized dress combination that 'fits to the teeth' will get a second look as against GUCCI/LV/PRADA/MESSONI in a bad colour combination with no fitting. You get what i mean, Regardless of what any man says, the outward attraction gives the opportunity to express what you have in you, especially in a chance meeting. My opinion though, grin
Re: Opinion About High Maintenance Ladies by joudini(m): 10:28am On Oct 04, 2011
If the lady in question seem to be used to the designer ish before you met her and you can't keep up with that, and she is not ready to step a bit down for you, bounce. But for those using dem designers as a kind of mask to crypt their low self esteem, what can l say, y'all vanity slaves.

MBJ, gat mad respect for you. Feel ya over here mehn.
Re: Opinion About High Maintenance Ladies by Nobody: 10:37am On Oct 04, 2011
busygirl:

Hi people, this post is just to have an idea of what men think about high maintenance girls. First of all, do you judge women by how expensive they look? I happen to fall into the category of ladies that like designer bags,  brazillian weave etc and I spend quite a lot fixing myself. I pay for my own stuff and I am not a gold-digger. So to the guys here, would you still go after a woman knowing clearly she is high maintenance, or would you  rather not consider a high maintenance chic at all.

PS; I know a few nairaland members to be quite insultive.  Pls no insults. Thanks!
OP!
I like the way you analyzed yourself, honestly! You know what you want, you go for it, You pay for your stuff and that's very Good! Any guy coming your way should at least notice how you expend your self to take care of yourself and should naturally not expect less from you simply because you are dating him! I know you will also appreciate it if he chips in on the expense once in a while, (dont lie grin) cos even though you might not need it , it still goes a long way to show that he cares about you and about you maintaining your looks! Kudos!
You'll also agree with me that there are wanna be high maintenance girls! These are the kinds that want all of the above, but the only difference is that they expect the funding to come from external sources! This puts majority of Guys off! Especially those that dont earn much, but still wanna have a feel of what dating a high maintenance chic is like! Now when those guys fall into wrong hands, they come online and open a thread and start blowing their lids off, about how a Nigerian girl did blah blah blah! Pitiable lopsided discombobulated individuals!
I dont think high maintenance ladies are bad! They know what they want! Is that a crime? Hell raised to the power of NO! If i know that from my salary, i cant contribute to making my Gf(high maintenance or not) look good, then what's the point? If i make less than the cost of a brazilian weave( grin) why o why should i go after a lady i know uses brazilian weave on herself? Is that dumb, or plain stupidity on my part? What annoys me is the way some of my brothers mouth off about demands from chics! The way i see it is that they wanna date high maintenance chics, but grin and then they look for those they feel might not be high maintenance, not knowing that these ones are the wannabe types! My advice:
Ladies, be yourself! Maintain yourself the way you deem fit, and try as much as possible to cater for yourself atleast! No matter the class of maintenance you find yourself, be it high, low, medium , short term, Whatever, the point is looking good! Any guy that approaches you, irrespective of your class, should be able to compartmentalize which category you fall into! When you make him understand you cater for your self, he appreciates you the more and would be more than willing to assist in your expenses, without complains! Trust me! wink
Guys, be yourself! No good comes from being ostentatious! If you notice the chic is high maintenance above your level, pls waka fast! angry No good running after someone and then when time comes for you to chip in, you tell pitiable stories! Shoe get size! If she's not your size, bounce! And there are low maintenance ladies too! Those that dont bother about brazilian hair, but are content with the normal Amigo attachments! Yes! na me talk it! There are pepper sellers, groundnut sellers, shop attendants, store keepers, they need some good loving too! grin grin grin grin

Hell! See epistle! grin grin
Re: Opinion About High Maintenance Ladies by Princek12(m): 11:19am On Oct 04, 2011
9ja-ninja:

bro u'd be surprised what the right kind of brazilian hair can do tongue

I am sure the right kind of Brazilian hair can deceive some superficial men into thinking an ugly girl is pretty, but dear, it cannot deceive me. I see through at all that hair. I don't even date girls with fake hair or those who wear excessive make up, anyways, so I won't be be one of those guys who falls a victim of deceptive advertising. I date pretty babes whom you can look at first thing in the morning, without make up and with their natural hair, and they still look good.

It is those same superficial guys who will pick up a transvestite with Brazilian hair and think that he is a woman.
Re: Opinion About High Maintenance Ladies by Princek12(m): 11:22am On Oct 04, 2011
BABE!:

Worrahell?! Craziest thing I've heard since the year 2002.

Your "opinion" is not well founded Sir.

You need to expose yourself to more facets of life, and you need to read and critically think about people's opinions and respond addressing the issues, not just by saying that my opinion is not well founded. Why is not well founded? Don't you think there is a veracity to my comment?

Perhaps my comment hit home and you are in denials.
Re: Opinion About High Maintenance Ladies by Texther(m): 11:28am On Oct 04, 2011
Im coming back
Re: Opinion About High Maintenance Ladies by N101: 11:56am On Oct 04, 2011
MrBrownJay and Sexkillz, thank you. There are a lot of bitter young men out there who obviously swim in the wrong waters.

Common sense unfortunately isn't common any more it seems, especially in relationships. Everyone wants to be high maintenance and flash cash but fall short.

I don't get the weave thing though undecided
Re: Opinion About High Maintenance Ladies by highland(m): 12:06pm On Oct 04, 2011
ladies? no way
Re: Opinion About High Maintenance Ladies by Nobody: 12:28pm On Oct 04, 2011
The whole concept of 'high maintenance' is grounded in deceit, affectation, vainglory and crass deficiency in self-esteem. If a girl is rich, then of course I would expect her to live a rich lifestyle. That is not high maintenance; that is her reality - her station in life. I wouldn't expect Bella Adenuga or any other rich girl to fly economy, or shop in budget stores; if they insist on dating/marrying men with similar standards, then that isn't at all high maintenance.

What really pisses me off is the vast majority of wanna-bes from low to middle class backgrounds that claim 'high maintenance' and expect MEN to give them the royal treatment that they cannot give themselves and have not earned. As long as a woman's so-called high maintenance lifestyle is not funded by her or her parents/family, but by a man/men (in exchange for sex, of course), then that makes her a hooker - 'expensive' or not, a hooker is a hooker. Plain and simple.

In any case, one disadvantage to being a woman is that if you're bleeped up (looks wise and character wise), you are indeed bleeped up. No amount of money or artificiality can compensate for a female face that looks like a crime scene, or a personality that stinks worse than a decomposing corpse. Most men would choose a beautiful and/or pleasant, homely unpretentious gal anytime - even if she's garbed in rags, rather than a horrific, ill-mannered pretender covered in Brazilian hair from her head down to her p.u.b.ic region.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

. / ... / Who Have U Met On This Forum/section?., And Who Would U Love To Meet?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.