Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,358 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm (33857 Views)

Gov Aliyu Directs Immediate Renovation Of Ex-President Shagari's Burnt House / Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC / Bayelsa Election Tribunal Ruling : Seriake Dickson Urges For Calm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by Gentew(m): 1:24pm On Jun 26, 2023
fergie001:

SOURCE

PREVIOUS THREAD:
https://www.nairaland.com/7741715/usman-buda-mob-beats-butcher#124032575

The Governor deliberately didn't talk about bringing the perpetrators to book.

Hausa killing hausa is non of my business....

1 Like

Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by Ray07(m): 1:24pm On Jun 26, 2023
See wetin so called leader the yan . . .

F*ck this country menh.
Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by Brendaniel: 1:25pm On Jun 26, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:

Of them wip you juju or touch you with ring, are they not fighting themselves.

It’s like doing crusade where masquerades are having their parades, won’t they weep you to coma?

Oga, I'm not sure you read the story at all, you have been shouting respect since and minority, the case here has nothing to do with that, 2 Islamic religious faithfuls both from Sokoto who were butchers were arguing and one made a statement and that was it, so how are you bringing minority and respect into this issue, the way you guys argue sometimes without direction.

If only you read the story well, the guy that was killed was a very faithful Islamic person that even his friends are doubting that he even said what they are accused him of, that was the reason why they actually came to help him but they were injured by the mob, his friends still feel that it was because of envy they killed him because he was an industrious butcher, you now see the barbarism in what you are trying to defend, this is not about minority or respect, because we are not even sure if he even committed the offense that they labeled against him, yet he has been killed even as a majority and has possibly give Islam respect all his life. please go and read the story again this time slowly...

The truth is killing anyone for blasphemy is wrong whether majority or minority because the axe when thrown up might fall on any side..
Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by xtervaganza(m): 1:26pm On Jun 26, 2023
Absolutely nothing about Islam us good. Filthy religion.

All the people calling it religion of peace are either mad or stupid.

2 Likes

Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by spencekat(m): 1:27pm On Jun 26, 2023
This is ridiculous and wickedness at its peak.
Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 1:27pm On Jun 26, 2023
SmartyPants:

How does this relate to the present situation?

The accused was a devout Muslim.

He was a Muslim and failed to study his environment. He would have gotten away with such if he read his environment before blaspheming
Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by BluntCrazeMan: 1:27pm On Jun 26, 2023
fergie001:

SOURCE

PREVIOUS THREAD:
https://www.nairaland.com/7741715/usman-buda-mob-beats-butcher#124032575

The measures you use to measure for people are the same measures that would be used to measure for you.

It's Sokoto today.
Where and who else might it be tomorrow??
Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by LegendHero(m): 1:27pm On Jun 26, 2023
NOETHNICITY:
Can you kindly explain how and where in the main post the Governor defended the action of the people?

“Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto is a Muslim state.”

If you don’t understand the underlying message in that word as governor supprting it, head now to Sokoto government house and insult the prophet and see if the governor will save you from the mob.

I like practical things.

2 Likes

Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by NOwazobia: 1:28pm On Jun 26, 2023
Anytime this babarism happens, the Muslims becomes open to more ridicule. But as an already ridiculed religion, they no longer care.

Shame no dey shame mad man. 🤤
Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by TenQ: 1:30pm On Jun 26, 2023
TheZeezle:
That's blasphemy we talking about Kaffir! If Dem catch u for street, Dem supposed sit ur foolish ass down on a hot stove. Idiot! Respect people's religion, is that too much to ask?

I am supporting you now!?

I know that a person may blaspheme God: but can a person Blaspheme another human being?

Thank you
Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by 1nairato1dollar: 1:30pm On Jun 26, 2023
[quote author=SangoOlukosoOba post=124044650]I don’t know why people find it difficult to respect the religion of others when they find themselves in locations where they are minorities.

Nigerians would go to UAE, Qatar, Kuwait, Indian, China, and Saudi, look at all this places you mentioned definitely Muslim is terrorist and terrorist are Muslim
That is y Christian is ahead of them in everything aside terrorist nature of Islam!
Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by mbaise1000: 1:31pm On Jun 26, 2023
lekanation:
Go to sokoto and say it again shebi sense dey far from you.. When in Rome, do as the Romans do.. if you dey your house you fit do anyhow... Why can't we people just stay on our lane We all know that hausas are religious bigots and would kill you anytime they hear you speak ill of their religion.

Nairaland is not sokoto state, he is asking a general question which should be addressed, we need to face some realities sometimes, I remember when wike once said that rivers is a Christian state and everyone of that challenged that, this shit hole is not founded on religion, and ad long as the shit hole remain as a country, everyone should be free in it to say what they think, why should a religion keep murdering people to be relevant, if I am worshipping a god, I will expect that God to fight for me and not me fighting for that God, if you fight to defend your god, it means that god is not worth worshipping, I think that's what he is trying to say
Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by itsene: 1:31pm On Jun 26, 2023
The governor did not say sokoto is a Muslim state.
Be vigilant and wary.
There are those bent on starting fire in the country anyway anyhow.
Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by SmartyPants(m): 1:32pm On Jun 26, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:

He was a Muslim and failed to study his environment. He would have gotten away with such if he read his environment before blaspheming

Which blasphemy did he commit? Till now no one can say what exactly he said, and even those that knew him are shocked because they say he was not that type.

Instead of calling on the government to investigate and ascertain what happened while punishing those responsible, you are delving into all sorts of wild scenarios and putting the blame on everyone but the killers.

SMH.
Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by Alsakinah: 1:33pm On Jun 26, 2023
The Northerners will kill themselves with this religious hypocrisy. Prophet Muhammad SAW was abused in his presence during his lifetime, he never got angry not to talk of killing. What is the Supreme Council of Islamic Affairs teaching Sokoto People?

1 Like

Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jun 26, 2023
JooEeL:

Stories!

What was Sokoto 300 years ago?

What was Rivers 300 years ago?

If the Jihad that happened in Sokoto in 1804 happens lets say in Rivers state, so you'll begin to say Rivers is muslim state.Respect it. End of Story abi??

I have no business arguing with you right now.

I said what I said.
Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by ambale(m): 1:38pm On Jun 26, 2023
What is the difference between these people and cults

Cos both kills for what and whothey dont even know

1 Like

Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by ManWater: 1:41pm On Jun 26, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:

Have you heard of “sundown” areas before? It exist in. civilized worlds and the government is aware of those areas and nothing has been done about it.

It’s about you being aware of your environment.

Are the laws of these "sundown" areas superior to the laws of the Country they are in?

Sharia justifies lynching & killing a blasphemer, but Nigeria Constitution considers it Murder. It's like 2countries within 1country & that's a recipe for confusion.

If you justify this action in Sokoto, then you should also justify same action in Benue. But you &me know the latter may end up setting the whole state ablaze.

2 Likes

Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by Juju70(m): 1:42pm On Jun 26, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:

Whatever comes with it should be welcomed.

You won’t walk up into a BlackAxe or Vikings domain and desecrate Korofo or Odin.

Like I said, whatever comes with it should be welcomed.

That's why they are backward

1 Like

Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 1:43pm On Jun 26, 2023
Juju70:

That's why they are backward

So when people find themselves among backward people, they should be careful.

1 Like

Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by Juju70(m): 1:45pm On Jun 26, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:

So when people find themselves among backward people, they should be careful.

Not an excuse like I said
Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by adenigga(m): 1:46pm On Jun 26, 2023
helinues:
Imagine what is coming out from a Governor.

If prophet Muhammad is not disabled, why fighting his fight for him?

Well na North all those nonsense fit happen sha
Yeeeee.....

Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 1:47pm On Jun 26, 2023
ManWater:

Are the laws of these "sundown" areas superior to the laws of the Country they are in?

Sharia justifies lynching & killing a blasphemer, but Nigeria Constitution considers it Murder. It's like 2countries within 1country & that's a recipe for confusion.

If you justify this action in Sokoto, then you should also justify same action in Benue. But you &me know the latter may end up setting the whole state ablaze.

It goes back to the earlier statement I made about studying your environment.

If I know I am in Nigeria and in the wrong place, I am fully aware of the risk and certain that the government does not care about my existence. So what’s expected of me as an individual? To be careful.

Even if I have to exclude the government, “my life is precious to me”
Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 1:48pm On Jun 26, 2023
Juju70:

Not an excuse like I said

Okay.
Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by osuofia2(m): 1:48pm On Jun 26, 2023
shame. I feel for Northern Nigeria. Instead of calling for the investigation and arresting culprits he is making case for them
Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by Coronavirus1: 1:51pm On Jun 26, 2023
NOETHNICITY:
Where exactly in the governor’s comment did he encourage lawlessness?
First he said sokoto is a muslim state and the religion is more important than the people itself
Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by Gboom: 1:52pm On Jun 26, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:

Read your statement! “They may not”

But you wouldn’t want to do such to find out. That’s the point I am raising. Respecting people’s believes and being aware of one’s environment.
They may not because they believe their gods is able to fight against those that blaspheme it.

I also believe that people should respect other people religion but forbid barbaric action of mob action or jungle justice in which the culprit may be a victim of slip of tongue
Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by lekanation(m): 1:53pm On Jun 26, 2023
mbaise1000:

Nairaland is not sokoto state, he is asking a general question which should be addressed, we need to face some realities sometimes, I remember when wike once said that rivers is a Christian state and everyone of that challenged that, this shit hole is not founded on religion, and ad long as the shit hole remain as a country, everyone should be free in it to say what they think, why should a religion keep murdering people to be relevant, if I am worshipping a god, I will expect that God to fight for me and not me fighting for that God, if you fight to defend your god, it means that god is not worth worshipping, I think that's what he is trying to say
I agree with you but it's suicidal to say anything against their religion there... No matter the orientation you give them, they have been brainwashed beyond redemption.

1 Like

Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by magzey: 1:57pm On Jun 26, 2023
Moneyboyz:
Mohammed god dey powerless that you have to defend him.
It shows that your brain think just like donkey undecided
Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by Juoflife1(f): 1:58pm On Jun 26, 2023
Useless religion

1 Like

Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by GoodIsGod: 2:01pm On Jun 26, 2023
This people fight for freedom of speech and movement in the south but make their states places where Southerners are not free to live like they are free in the south.
Nigeria is a Scam.

Where is a Christian state and a Muslim state in a Country that calls herself a Circular State.

2 Likes

Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by Enyimbamercedes: 2:02pm On Jun 26, 2023
I think there should be respect for religious entities but I also think that we should not deputize for God and mete out punishment to people who "blaspheme"

If we are the ones who punish sinners, why do we need God? Cos he is merciful and will not punish them or perhaps cos he is non-existent and religion only exists as a tool to control and commit crimes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Senator Vs Governor: Who Has More Powers? / Buhari Approves Appointment Of New Aides For Aisha, The First Lady / Bank Documents Show How Obasa Received N51.7 Million 11 Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.