Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,978 members, 7,828,461 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm (33892 Views)

Gov Aliyu Directs Immediate Renovation Of Ex-President Shagari's Burnt House / Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC / Bayelsa Election Tribunal Ruling : Seriake Dickson Urges For Calm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by Asswipemod: 3:25pm On Jun 26, 2023
fergie001:

SOURCE

PREVIOUS THREAD:
https://www.nairaland.com/7741715/usman-buda-mob-beats-butcher#124032575

And Nigeria is a secular country. When we say that these Fulanis wanted an Islamic Republic imposed on all, some people thought we were just spewing conspiracy theories. See what a governor is saying. Was he elected based on Islamic laws and constitution? Is INEC an Islamic agency? You can all see how the North is.
Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by Asswipemod: 3:26pm On Jun 26, 2023
Mynd44helinues:

Helinues this should be the question of the ronu couples you left at home to beg today

We know it's in your DNA to wail whenever you can't have your way. Prepare to wail for at least 4yrs.
Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by Asswipemod: 3:31pm On Jun 26, 2023
Newnas:

Ask the same question from the south east Christ worshippers who behead over a plot of land
And they did it because of Christ? Who do you think you're fooling? You just said it yourself that a murder was committed over a plot of land. How does that carry any religious undertone, not to talk of christianizing the crime?
Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by Asswipemod: 3:34pm On Jun 26, 2023
Buddha3:
Sokoto is a muslim state.

Kano is a muslim state.

Rivers is a Christian state.

Cross River is a Christian state.

Akwa Ibom is a Christian state.

End of story!

You're obviously one of the finks that promote religious war. Do not ever assume that the people in the South of Nigeria think like Northerners. Every State in the South is secular. You northern people are the ones looking for Islamic caliphate. And you will not succeed.
Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by GMIS: 3:34pm On Jun 26, 2023
I'm waiting for when they will deal with Looters of thier Future. Or those sharia condone Stealing
Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by Khyrvxjzy: 3:36pm On Jun 26, 2023
Newnas:

Imagine óò. They can't respect other people's religion when they're minority. You can imagine what would happen if they're a majority.

No wonder many of them were defending the killing of that Fatimah and her children in the south east.

so u guys defending killing each other. naija is finished. world is finished, somebody blow trumpet
Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by Bluesearoll(m): 3:38pm On Jun 26, 2023
The highest any Muslim can be is to be morally good, not Holiness
Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 3:41pm On Jun 26, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:

fool

Dunce! Is that all you have to say!
Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by Pipefitter: 3:46pm On Jun 26, 2023
Reason I don't like going to the north, what will be my fate if a mad man or someone high on drugs, out of the blues accuses me of blasphemy? They'd club my ass to the stone age before I can even speak a word..
Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by Mordecai(m): 3:50pm On Jun 26, 2023
So you advocate respect for religion in the north. But when it comes to LGBTQ, you would not give a damn about respect for culture and community values?

SangoOlukosoOba:
I don’t know why people find it difficult to respect the religion of others when they find themselves in locations where they are minorities.

Nigerians would go to UAE, Qatar, Kuwait, Indian, China, and Saudi, and they will 100% comply with religious laws, but back on their continent, they will start claiming rights.

It even extends to law and order. They are more law abiding outside the continent than within.
Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 3:52pm On Jun 26, 2023
Mordecai:

So you advocate respect for religion in the north. But when it comes to LGBTQ, you would not give a damn about respect for culture and community values?

Respecting people’s religion also applies to respecting people’s sexual orientation.

Your culture and values should be personal. It shouldn’t affect how others.
Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jun 26, 2023
Asswipemod:

You're obviously one of the finks that promote religious war. Do not ever assume that the people in the South of Nigeria think like Northerners. Every State in the South is secular. You northern people are the ones looking for Islamic caliphate. And you will not succeed.

I have said what I said.

Come and beat me, if you don't like it.
Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by Angrymode: 3:56pm On Jun 26, 2023
helinues:
Imagine what is coming out from a Governor.

If prophet Muhammad is not disabled, why fighting his fight for him?

Well na North all those nonsense fit happen sha

Is not only North but any region dominanated by Muslims. Muslims are peaceful when they are minority but they become a beast once the tide turns or the scale begins to balance.

If a region wants religious peace, they should never allow the Muslim population to grow beyond 10% of it. They start to constitute nuisance once they get to even 20%.
Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by Mordecai(m): 3:59pm On Jun 26, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:

Respecting people’s religion also applies to respecting people’s sexual orientation.

Your culture and values should be personal. It shouldn’t affect how others.

Fine. Some men will be charged to court in Sokoto under Sharia law soon for engaging in homosexual activities.

I don’t know why these LGBTQ find it difficult to respect the religion of others when they find themselves in locations where they are minorities.
Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 4:02pm On Jun 26, 2023
Mordecai:

Fine. Some men will be charged to court in Sokoto under Sharia law soon for engaging in homosexual activities.

I don’t know why these LGBTQ find it difficult to respect the religion of others when they find themselves in locations where they are minorities.

True! Because they failed to study their environment knowing fully well they are fanatics. Such won’t happen in Lagos, Abuja or Port Harcourt
Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by mpire: 4:05pm On Jun 26, 2023
Respect a low life that married a 7yr girl and had sex with her when she turned 9yrs old? Well, he's been roasting in hell now for how many years? You'll soon all join him in hell, and just like him it would be too late.
Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by Angrymode: 4:08pm On Jun 26, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:
I don’t know why people find it difficult to respect the religion of others when they find themselves in locations where they are minorities.

Nigerians would go to UAE, Qatar, Kuwait, Indian, China, and Saudi, and they will 100% comply with religious laws, but back on their continent, they will start claiming rights.

It even extends to law and order. They are more law abiding outside the continent than within.

I support your point of view. Each state should have their own laws like a true federation and also depend 100% on their resources. The only reason we are 1 Nigeria is because the North can't stop being a leech to the resources of the South.

1 Like

Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by Mordecai(m): 4:10pm On Jun 26, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:

True! Because they failed to study their environment knowing fully well they are fanatics. Such won’t happen in Lagos, Abuja or Port Harcourt

Soon, we'll read news about a man beaten up for dressing like a woman, either in Abuja, Lagos or Port Harcourt. They don't know they are a minority in the whole of Nigeria?
Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 4:11pm On Jun 26, 2023
Mordecai:

Soon, we'll read news about a man beaten up for dressing like a woman, either in Abuja, Lagos or Port Harcourt. They don't know they are a minority in the whole of Nigeria?

People are working towards the legalization.
Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by Mordecai(m): 4:14pm On Jun 26, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:

People are working towards the legalization.

So they deserve to live while Atheists in the north deserve to die?
Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 4:16pm On Jun 26, 2023
Mordecai:

So they deserve to live while Atheists in the north deserve to die?

Stop misquoting me. I was emphasizing on the need to respect people’s beliefs, same way I advocated that people’s sexual orientation should be respected.
Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by Machinegun91(m): 4:22pm On Jun 26, 2023
1 nonsense has been deleted by the same nonsense Animals
Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by Mordecai(m): 4:29pm On Jun 26, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:

Stop misquoting me. I was emphasizing on the need to respect people’s beliefs, same way I advocated that people’s sexual orientation should be respected.

I am not misquoting you. You are asking that the minorities' sexual orientation should be respected, but the minorities' religious beliefs should not be respected.

And somehow that sounds right and good to you?
Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 4:33pm On Jun 26, 2023
Mordecai:

I am not misquoting you. You are asking that the minorities' sexual orientation should be respected, but the minorities' religious beliefs should not be respected.

And somehow that sounds right and good to you?

Quote where I stated that the minorities belief shouldn’t be respected?
Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by Slimwhyt(m): 4:39pm On Jun 26, 2023
Which mumu respect be that?
So na y dem kill person?
Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by Asswipemod: 4:39pm On Jun 26, 2023
Buddha3:

I have said what I said.

Come and beat me, if you don't like it.

You said what you said obviously. It was full of crap. And what will beat you is in your body.
Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by rapheal5(m): 4:39pm On Jun 26, 2023
Buddha3:
Sokoto is a muslim state.

Kano is a muslim state.

Rivers is a Christian state.

Cross River is a Christian state.

Akwa Ibom is a Christian state.

End of story!
what about ogun state
Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by Tealcrestmedia(m): 4:40pm On Jun 26, 2023
Those raising the initial blasphemy alarms, who actually verifies the authenticity of the blasphemy claims?
Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by NOETHNICITY(m): 4:41pm On Jun 26, 2023
Coronavirus1:

First he said sokoto is a muslim state and the religion is more important than the people itself
He said Sokoto is ‘majority Muslim population’.
Go back to the post and caption exactly what he said. You guys should stop twisting people’s words to use it against them.
‘Sokoto is a Muslim state’ and Sokoto is predominantly Muslim; these statements carry different meanings.

Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jun 26, 2023
rapheal5:
what about ogun state

Come, let's go ask Dapo Abiodun together.

1 Like

Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jun 26, 2023
Asswipemod:

You said what you said obviously. It was full of crap. And what will beat you is in your body.

Stop lamenting!

Your bleating is disturbing other nairalanders.
Re: Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm by NOETHNICITY(m): 4:50pm On Jun 26, 2023
LegendHero:

“Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto is a Muslim state.”

If you don’t understand the underlying message in that word as governor supprting it, head now to Sokoto government house and insult the prophet and see if the governor will save you from the mob.

I like practical things.
Brother, you are way much more intelligent than this.
The gov never said Sokoto state is a Muslim state.
Go through the post yourself. He said Sokoto state is predominantly Muslim community. Those 2 statements carry different meanings, and I know you of all people know this.
Then also, it is important at this point to emphasize respect for different beliefs. It is intolerance and disrespect for other people’s beliefs that leads to this kind of violence, hence the need as a governor to preach respect for beliefs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Photos: Ekiti Residents Line Up To Collect "Stomach Infrstructure" Easter Rice / Presidency Lists 57 Achievements Of Buhari Administration(complete List) / 2023: "Does He Look Like A President?" - Asari Dokubo Roasts Wike On Live TV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.