Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,598 members, 7,812,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees (42439 Views)

Parents Groan As Institutions Hike Fees By Over 100 Percent / Parents, Students Lament High ‘Acceptance Fee’ In Public Universities / Strike: ASUU Tells Parents, Students What To Do As Strike Continues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by Komu1048(m): 3:25pm On Jun 30, 2023
JasonScoolari:
I really don't know why they're crying oh...

In our WhatsApp group yesterday, one of the student that was crying and insulting our Tinubu was booted out of the group.

This increase in varsity fees will favour me and my family.

Idiot grin
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by Mossadd: 3:25pm On Jun 30, 2023
MT:

UK stopped subsiding their Universities but provide student loan to UK students. Yet, many Nigerians go there to pay millions of naira over rubbishy designed courses.

The Nigeria govt has provided loan for students to access to be paid back when they start working.

The reforms going on can bring with them attendant pains right now but at the end Nigeria will come out better.
when they start working at your father's company abi eleribu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 3:25pm On Jun 30, 2023
OneCandleAway:

Tell him to leave it the education sector way it is for now and use the next 2 years yo stop corruption in govt sectors. Then the money saved to gradually fund education.

That’s the point. The government cannot fund education.

It’s just like the case of subsidy, a time will come when we will have to let go. The earlier the better.

The government can NEVER fund education to meet up with world standard. It’s not feasible as of date.

2 Likes

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by OneCandleAway(f): 3:26pm On Jun 30, 2023
MT:

The bolded have student loan to access as well in Nigeria.

International student fees pay for about 3 local students fee in the UK. UK is using their schools to generate foreign exchange despite most of the courses being rubbish.

When our universities are well.positioned, we will attract international students who will serve as another means of generating foreign exchanges

Nigeria cannot continue on the old paths and except changes we all scream for.

Our country is not safe so can't attract a high number of international students. .

Please how is a single mother who sells in the market have access to that kind of guarantor?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by JasonScoolari: 3:26pm On Jun 30, 2023
Komu1048:

Idiot grin
You're the bigger E-diot here. 🙂
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by Angelfrost(m): 3:26pm On Jun 30, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:

And who gives for fvck or demanded your thanks?

Who equally gives a flying fvck about your sycophantic, dull, and narrow-minded opinions??!

You bigoted and dull sycophants will eventually crawl into that hole you are digging! Time is ticking! tongue

4 Likes

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by Sucre6: 3:27pm On Jun 30, 2023
Candidlady:

Samueltemi337

Was this why you resorted to begging..

The Unrepentant gambler

shocked

Wetin this guys do u really?, I have seen your comments dragging him on different thread 😂
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 3:27pm On Jun 30, 2023
Angelfrost:

Who equally gives a flying fvck about your sycophantic, dull, and narrow-minded opinions??!

You bigoted and dull sycophants will eventually crawl into that hole you are digging! Time is ticking! tongue

🤣🤣🤣

You funny!
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by lexy2014: 3:27pm On Jun 30, 2023
MT:

1. You have the internet, go and research about the terms and conditions or you expect students loans to be abused without terms and conditions?

2 It is not only Nigeria, all reforms in the world bring it's pain. I have cited China example for you.

3. It is too early to be pessimistic. Tjis current administration is just taking off.

4. Refer to my response in 3

5. He can't and doesn't need to feel.We ekect him to turn Nigeria fortune around, not to.oudh himself into penury.

1. Aren't u aware that the question I asked u using my internet is research? Except u have a different meaning to.d word research. So therefore....What are the conditions for collecting the students loan?

2. Is china the world? Since you say "all reforms in the world bring it's pain", kindly give me all the reforms in the world and tell me how they brought pain.

3. You haven't answered the question...Why do the reforms never bring a better today?

4. Still doesn't answer the question...Why is it that the better tomorrow never comes?

5. What the hell is this?..."not to.oudh himself into penury"

Why shouldn't be feel the pain of the "reforms"?

If you elected Tinubu to "turn Nigeria fortune around", which fortune has he turned around so far?

In what direction is he turning the fortune and from which direction is he turning the fortune?

1 Like

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by compu(m): 3:27pm On Jun 30, 2023
Why am not supporting the Apc led administration is simply : they are aware of the sufferings of 8yrs that they went through in the hands of buhari, so whatever means you will use in rescuing the economy and the nation, do not turn it on the already choked masses. Dont bring out policies that will draw out the already poor Nigerians

What I see Tinubu doing is : he is trying to bring out the money for his supposed plans from the economy, and along the line, jobs will be lost,purchasing power will drop, the sufferings will increase and no doubt some people will die along the way. Which they will termed as sacrificing for the better of tommorrow.
But what about the existing corruption and the kind of system where no one is accountable, a system where the judicial system is not fare and open. A system where the government officials sifund monies into their various bank accounts without any form of resistance. ....hmmmm

The government must Find a better way to rais e funds internally & externally, starting with cutting down the cost of governance, improve the power sector so investors can come in, boost agriculture economy in all states.
Fight corruption by stipulating more stricter laws, to discourage embezzlement of our commonwealth.

President Tinubu, please we will hold you accountable for the next four years ( that is if the election tribunal court favours you), whoever wins at the end whether tinubu or Obi, this goes out to both parties.

This is my own advice...Right now, the masses are really really suffering!

1 Like

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by bayelsaowei(m): 3:28pm On Jun 30, 2023
Wotowoto
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jun 30, 2023
Richwallet:

I didn't deserve you to come into space.

stop watching all those useless Youtube videos, they kill the brain cell!
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by OneCandleAway(f): 3:29pm On Jun 30, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:

That’s the point. The government cannot fund education.

It’s just like the case of subsidy, a time will come when we will have to let go. The earlier the better.

The government can NEVER fund education to meet up with world standard. It’s not feasible as of date.

Let me tell you, the corruption in the oil sector made the govt pay more for oil subsidy. Now that they have removed oil subsidy tell your president to leave the education sector like this for 2 years and tackle corruption in other sectors. Tell him to investigate zamfars gold that bandits are stealing and other corrupt ridden sectors. He should used the savings to find education.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by NigeriaIsGreat: 3:29pm On Jun 30, 2023
Angelfrost:

hahahaha

😂😂😂😂😂😂
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by GeneralDae: 3:30pm On Jun 30, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Right. Hats off to your acknowledgement that he made a wrong call. And yes he did change his position in 2015. But it would be argued that he changed that view because his party had gotten into power.

Again, I don't think (and haven't yet read) that PO is opposed to the removal of subsidy of Nigerian education. I'd be happy to read any recent comment he made that he is opposed to the removal of education subsidy.

If PO had won and had gone on this subsidy removal blitzkrieg, can you say that the current C-in-C (or even yourself) would have been in support of it?
PO in his Arise tv debate proposed that the private sector should be involved in funding education. Even Kalu Aja wrote a piece on it using MTN as an example.

Tinubu also in his colloqiums from 2015 advised the Buhari Government on several things the way he did in 2012 to Jonathan by writing an article to Jonathan on why he thought the subsidy removal was wrong. However, unlike the colloqiums advising Buhari, his advice to Jonathan then was also from the side of opposition and I agree.

If Obi did same thing I would not oppose it. Most of the policies in Obi and Tinubu's manifestos are things I agree with.
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by Juoflife1(f): 3:30pm On Jun 30, 2023
Why is medicine 200k in the North and 600k in the south? Did anybody see that?
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by Kukutenla: 3:30pm On Jun 30, 2023
GeneralDae:

This is Obi in 2011.

https://saharareporters.com/2011/05/12/erc-calls-governor-peter-obi-and-ansu-management-revert-old-fees
I don't understand you. Are you using Obi increasing Anambra state University fees in 2011 to justify increment in fees by all Universities in 2023?
Cause last I checked, LASU pays the highest fees among state Universities
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by Agadinaagwuofe: 3:30pm On Jun 30, 2023
lexy2014:

Offpoint. That's not what I asked you.

1. What are the conditions for collecting the students loan?

2. Why is it that nigerian government reforms always bring pain with d so called promise of a better tomorrow?

3. Why do the reforms never bring a better today?

4. Why is it that the better tomorrow never comes?

5. Is Tinubu experiencing the pains of the reforms?

Very good questions. Don't mind the guy, this is exactly how they led people to believe Buhari will be Messiah till the man ended up being a disaster. The first point of call for any leader is sincerity.Everyone agreed success won't be instant but until the government show sincerity by making the hardship first about them, cutting cost, inconveniencing themselves then all those "parroting" trying to gaslight Nigerians are just mere propaganda to drive their agenda.

1 Like

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 3:31pm On Jun 30, 2023
OneCandleAway:

Let me tell you, the corruption in the oil sector made the govt pay more for oil subsidy. Now that they have removed oil subsidy tell your president to leave the education sector like this for 2 years and tackle corruption in other sectors. Tell him to investigate zamfars hold that bandits are stealing and other corrupt ridden sectors. He should used the savings to find education.

Just like I said, it can be delayed, but a time will surely come when we would have to face it.
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by Samueltemi337(m): 3:31pm On Jun 30, 2023
Sucre6:

Wetin this guys do u really?, I have seen your comments dragging him on different thread
She's Obsessed with me
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by Richwallet: 3:33pm On Jun 30, 2023
Skyview01:

stop watching all those useless Youtube videos, they kill the brain cell!

You are right. You the world was dumb before the internet. grin
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by Angelfrost(m): 3:33pm On Jun 30, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:

🤣🤣🤣

You funny!

Of course... I'm having the time of my life!

Unlike you, I didn't stake it all on a corrupt politician, and I will never stand up to fight his battles for him!

You chose to mortgage your peace of mind on the success of corrupt leaders!

May they succeed! Amen!!! cool grin

1 Like

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by GeneralDae: 3:33pm On Jun 30, 2023
Kukutenla:

I don't understand you. Are you using Obi increasing Anambra state University fees in 2011 to justify increment in fees by all Universities in 2023?
Cause last I checked, LASU pays the highest fees among state Universities
I am saying it's same ideology.
Why are Obidients criticizing their own ideology except they have none and it's all about hero worship
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by OneCandleAway(f): 3:33pm On Jun 30, 2023
Angelfrost:

You are asking a fantastically corrupt fellow, who happens to be a key part of the corruption across Nigeria to do what??! Lol!!! grin

The best he can do is try and make the nation economically viable and stable so that their stealing can continue with less stress, even if it means further impoverishing the already dying citizens!

This is not a people-centered leadership!... This is CAPITALISM in its most ruthless forms!

I know corruption cannot fight corruption. Seems he wants to generate more funds thinking even if they steal, there'll still be money to use to develop Nigeria, but taxingvu us to prosperity can never happen.

That's why I said let him leave the education sector like thus for us for now. Then go to zamfara and use the gold to generate funds. But I feel he doesn't have the liver yet to boldly confront the north.

2 Likes

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by kennyz247(m): 3:34pm On Jun 30, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:

University education is not mandatory. Don’t make it a right! Dont you know how most students make it to the university in advanced countries? But you rest assured that they of standard when they graduate.

You want us to keep sending kids to those cattle ranches we call universities, and same time blame those universities for not being up to standard.

You cannot have all.

ur one of Nigerian major problems..
with people of ur kinda brain, Nigeria is dead forever

3 Likes

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by stanbright(m): 3:34pm On Jun 30, 2023
GeneralDae:

Even your Obi promised to do thesame thing. I can give you proof.
Did you ask obi how?
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 3:35pm On Jun 30, 2023
OneCandleAway:

Our country is not safe so can't attract a high number of international students. .

Please how is a single mother who sells in the market have access to that kind of guarantor?

University education is not compulsory. We make it look mandatory.

Education is expensive.

1 Like

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by GeneralDae: 3:35pm On Jun 30, 2023
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 3:36pm On Jun 30, 2023
kennyz247:

ur one of Nigerian major problems..
with people of ur kinda brain, Nigeria is dead forever

Cos your likes hate the truth

1 Like

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by stanbright(m): 3:37pm On Jun 30, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:
Nothing good comes easy!

If Nigerian universities want to compete, they must be autonomous, and students must pay their fair share

Nigerians are the only class of people who want their country to overtake the US, UK and Canada, but not ready to pay their fair share like citizens of those countries.

Also, Nigerians demand instant change and never ready to make sacrifices for gradual change.
Nothing comes easy but the FG haven’t cut the cost of governance till now.But it’s okay to increase school fees.You are just wicked

2 Likes

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by Angelfrost(m): 3:37pm On Jun 30, 2023
Weevel77:
hahahaha

Biko pity us wey no see work and still no dey bomb. This country don tire me seriously

I honestly don't know how minimum wage salary earners and other low and medium-earners intend to survive the coming months!

Hmmm... I don't even want to think about the coming wave of crime! We might witness something far worse than most Black-dominated cities in South Africa!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Lecturing Grades Levels In Nigeria / What Is The Difference Between Pharmacology And Pharmacy? / Daughter, Father Graduate After 5 Years As Law Classmates In University (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.