Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

How Do I Handle My Hyper-active Daughter, She's Barely 3years - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Handle My Hyper-active Daughter, She's Barely 3years (30276 Views)

How Can I Handle My Younger Brother / She Barely Cooked For Me But She Was Hailing Hilda / How Do I Handle A Husband Who Wants To Have Sex Almost Everyday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Handle My Hyper-active Daughter, She's Barely 3years by Vitally123: 12:13am On Jul 03, 2023
Pay attention to her, be close, don't leave her alone at any time, teach her, caution her, discipline her, keep her busy to engage her, pray about it! You can also see health carers.
Re: How Do I Handle My Hyper-active Daughter, She's Barely 3years by 123papas(m): 5:14am On Jul 03, 2023
Get a bigger apartment and continue doing the work of a good father by clearing dangers for her to play.
Mister123:
Hello guys. Greetings to you. Please don't mind muy grammar, I'm not here for English classes lol.
My first child's almost 3years, trust me that girl can be playing and roaming about 24/7. As long as she's not asleep, her mum and I are always talking, don't do this, don't do that. Sometimes I lose my cool you know. I'm planing to enroll her into a conventional school by September because she seems really smart. My question here is, how do I handle her, she can't just stay in one place and our apartment is not really safe for her to be playing outside.
Parents and expert in the house please assist a brother with an idea of what to do.
Thank you
Re: How Do I Handle My Hyper-active Daughter, She's Barely 3years by Teejayadex: 6:55am On Jul 03, 2023
Buy her tablet phone, download games, load her with different cartoons videos monthly, tutor videos, YouTube kids for her to stream. Watch her sit in one place all day playing with her tablet.

Also by 3 she should be in school already, her teacher will teach her many things you can't teach her at home.

Don't beat her, she will outgrow it.
Re: How Do I Handle My Hyper-active Daughter, She's Barely 3years by bigtt76(f): 8:11am On Jul 03, 2023
First thing I would ask is where are you based? Reason is so that you don't get caught up by social works officials. Secondly, do you indulge her in sugary food like ice cream etc? These things energizes kids and make them hyperactive. Lastly, you might want to engage her in physical activities outdoors to wear her out and cause her to sleep when she ought to. Take her to parks if available.

Mister123:
Hello guys. Greetings to you. Please don't mind muy grammar, I'm not here for English classes lol.
My first child's almost 3years, trust me that girl can be playing and roaming about 24/7. As long as she's not asleep, her mum and I are always talking, don't do this, don't do that. Sometimes I lose my cool you know. I'm planing to enroll her into a conventional school by September because she seems really smart. My question here is, how do I handle her, she can't just stay in one place and our apartment is not really safe for her to be playing outside.
Parents and expert in the house please assist a brother with an idea of what to do.
Thank you
Re: How Do I Handle My Hyper-active Daughter, She's Barely 3years by babatee90(m): 8:52am On Jul 03, 2023
It is called ADHD, search it up google, there’s treatments for this cos it’s not a good sign, if left that way she can develop lots of bad behaviours while growing up

First thing to do is to reduce her intake of any sugary food or drink

Also reduce the amount she spends in front of the screen like TV, iPad or tablets, do these more often
Re: How Do I Handle My Hyper-active Daughter, She's Barely 3years by babatee90(m): 8:54am On Jul 03, 2023
Teejayadex:
Buy her tablet phone, download games, load her with different cartoons videos monthly, tutor videos, YouTube kids for her to stream. Watch her sit in one place all day playing with her tablet.

Also by 3 she should be in school already, her teacher will teach her many things you can't teach her at home.

Don't beat her, she will outgrow it.

That would make it worse, she has ADHD and her time in front of TV or iPads should be reduced drastically, also her sugar intake
Re: How Do I Handle My Hyper-active Daughter, She's Barely 3years by hssd8nland: 8:58am On Jul 03, 2023
Mister123:
Thank you
Just be a little bit patient, most times when children are hyperactive like this they tend to be very quiet and reserved when they grow up
Re: How Do I Handle My Hyper-active Daughter, She's Barely 3years by Offpointng: 9:04am On Jul 03, 2023
BigCowHornn:
You see that rope Hausa people use in selling goat and rams? Very cheap and very strong

Get one and tie her leg to a chair or a bed

Thank me later

Lmao grin grin
Re: How Do I Handle My Hyper-active Daughter, She's Barely 3years by ConfidentialDoc: 10:22am On Jul 03, 2023
Today007:
Keep the home safe.
Hang the t.v
Remove glass tables
Keep sharp objects and drugs in locked cupboards.
Remove beautification
Eat with rubber plates.
Get a tablet for educational rhymes if you have the means

Get 3 educational tablets cause she will break at least 2.
My house is graveyard of tablets...thanks to my favorite daughter.
Re: How Do I Handle My Hyper-active Daughter, She's Barely 3years by Lionelbhass(m): 10:35am On Jul 03, 2023
SAMBARRY:
If you born slowpoke you go still complain.you born healthy child that is acting her age you dey complain.what is your problem?

Why are you taking this thing to heart na😂💔
Re: How Do I Handle My Hyper-active Daughter, She's Barely 3years by IkeAbuja: 11:00am On Jul 03, 2023
Mister123:
Thank you
she is not anything hyper active na you dey lazy...LAZY GENERATION OF PARENTS EVERYWHERE
Re: How Do I Handle My Hyper-active Daughter, She's Barely 3years by UncleObt: 11:02am On Jul 03, 2023
My Brother thank God for everything. Lol most children now a days are like that. My Son is like that, his body is full of wound's scares. He is in school now but when he's back, everybody will know. I don't want to say there is a problem with them, only follow with Prayer.

Great grace to you...
Re: How Do I Handle My Hyper-active Daughter, She's Barely 3years by SAMBARRY: 11:34am On Jul 03, 2023
Lionelbhass:

Why are you taking this thing to heart na😂💔
lol no I am not.i am just wondering why she's complaining over nothing worthy of complaint.some people don't even have kids and this one has kids yet she's disturbing NL
Re: How Do I Handle My Hyper-active Daughter, She's Barely 3years by charlizonto: 12:27pm On Jul 03, 2023
Sing balablu bulaba to her and she will calm down grin
Re: How Do I Handle My Hyper-active Daughter, She's Barely 3years by Olumaeme: 12:58pm On Jul 03, 2023
kkins25:
grin grin grin grin
I hope she's not the only pikin sha.. For the sake of mummy

Hehehe, I just have the second last month sef.
But I Don retire.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle My Hyper-active Daughter, She's Barely 3years by Kencruz: 10:05pm On Jul 03, 2023
My brother, I understand you perfectly. Am going through same here. Those that have not gone through this will never understand you. Just keep on caring for her as you don't have any solution to that. She will pass this stage.
Re: How Do I Handle My Hyper-active Daughter, She's Barely 3years by lakefist(m): 4:36pm On Jul 06, 2023
tosyne2much:
My daughter is also very hyperactive

She's just a year old and she's very disturbing, smart and always putting the house in disorder

She plays from morning till night and she seems too brilliant and smart for just a year old child

I once complained to a medical doctor about her hyperactivity and I was told I should be grateful that I have an active child and not a dullard. I was advised to always watch out for her and make sure dangerous objects are kept out of her reach cheesy

Now I have accepted my fate and all I do is take dangerous objects from her reach

Better! God bless and keep her.
Re: How Do I Handle My Hyper-active Daughter, She's Barely 3years by izonborn098(m): 9:35am On Jul 07, 2023
Must u quote me to type nonsense, i am talking about my own experience and u here claiming you work with the president of nigeria. If u don't have chance to take good care of ur children then it is best for u. Just imagine
ORIAYO70:

It's because you don't understand what child hyper activity is all about... Can u monitor a child for close to 15hrs or more.
Re: How Do I Handle My Hyper-active Daughter, She's Barely 3years by geoworldedu: 11:28pm On Jul 10, 2023
tosyne2much:
My daughter is also very hyperactive

She's just a year old and she's very disturbing, smart and always putting the house in disorder

She plays from morning till night and she seems too brilliant and smart for just a year old child

I once complained to a medical doctor about her hyperactivity and I was told I should be grateful that I have an active child and not a dullard. I was advised to always watch out for her and make sure dangerous objects are kept out of her reach cheesy

Now I have accepted my fate and all I do is take dangerous objects from her reach
Please if you take her away from a dangerous area, does she struggle, fight and cry irritably to go back there immediately?
Re: How Do I Handle My Hyper-active Daughter, She's Barely 3years by santali23: 11:35pm On Jul 10, 2023
Kindly Dm for guidance through the maze of research, coursework, assignments, and dissertations with expert assistance tailored to your success. WhatsApp: ‪+234 915 525 8740‬

Re: How Do I Handle My Hyper-active Daughter, She's Barely 3years by tosyne2much(m): 9:07pm On Jul 11, 2023
geoworldedu:
Please if you take her away from a dangerous area, does she struggle, fight and cry irritably to go back there immediately?
Yes she struggles and fights back to return back there. Her stubbornness will make you release her so that peace can reign and and she'd return back there, but recently, she's been calming down since we adopted the yelling method. That yelling method seems to be working like magic compared to before that we'll keep quiet thinking she's just a baby

Now, she's beginning to know she's doing something wrong each time we yell at her unlike before. If she's doing something and we don't yell, she's continue with it even if she's spoiling and damaging something but when we yell, she will start feeling discomfort and disinterested in it the more we intensify the volume of the yelling

Each time she goes to the fridge to open it, we quickly yell at her that we'll beat her if she opens it. She will take a pause and then look at the fridge for a seconds and then return back without touching it. This wasn't the case before that we would have to stand up every minute to collect one or two things from her.. Omo! That thing is frustrating and energy draining.

We've been keeping quiet but that seemed to be worsening the case until we adopted the yelling method. Now, we just yell without standing up most times
Re: How Do I Handle My Hyper-active Daughter, She's Barely 3years by kingreign(m): 8:01am On Jul 12, 2023
tosyne2much:
Yes she struggles and fight back to return back there. Her stubbornness will make you release her to return back there, so that peace can reign but recently, she's been calming down since we adopted the yelling method. That yelling method seems to be working like magic compared to before that we'll keep quiet thinking she's just a baby

Now, she's beginning to know she's doing something wrong each time we yell at her unlike before. If she's doing something and we don't yell, she's continue with it even if she's spoiling something but when we well, she will start feeling discomfort and disinterested in it the more we intensify the volume of the yelling

Each time she goes to the fridge to open it, we quickly yell at her that we'll beat her if she opens it. She will take a pause and then look at the fridge for a seconds and then return back without touching it. This wasn't the case before that we have to start up every minute to collect one or two things from her.. Omo! That thing is frustrating and energy draining

We've been keeping quiet but that seemed to be worsening the case until we adopted the yelling method. Now, we just yell without standing up most times

Don't yell at kids at thr slightest provocation pls. There are better ways to handling them.

Your facial expression, your calling and chiding and reprimand will go a long way to guide her rather than yelling and barking out.
Re: How Do I Handle My Hyper-active Daughter, She's Barely 3years by tosyne2much(m): 11:03am On Jul 12, 2023
kingreign:

Don't yell at kids at thr slightest provocation pls. There are better ways to handling them.

Your facial expression, your calling and chiding and reprimand will go a long way to guide her rather than yelling and barking out.
Well, It's not the kind of yelling you're talking about and yes yelling is good especially when it has to do with the most dangerous stuffs in the house

"Stop that, don't touch it, don't go there, drop it, come back here!" and that has been working

And yes, even if it means barking, you have to bark out and do everything you can just to discourage and make them withdraw, especially when dangerous stuff in the house are involved.. You can't always be at alert 100% as it takes just takes one second for them to do one damaging stuff

Now, she doesn't touch nor go near fire no matter how close it may be and she rather watches from distance.. She knows it must be so dangerous since we're always at alert each time she's going close or at the verge of touching it

And as for facial expression, name calling and chiding? Haha! It doesn't work, especially if your child is hyperactive and stubborn at the same time cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle My Hyper-active Daughter, She's Barely 3years by tosyne2much(m): 11:20am On Jul 12, 2023
[quote author=tosyne2much post=124371568]
Re: How Do I Handle My Hyper-active Daughter, She's Barely 3years by geoworldedu: 2:38pm On Jul 12, 2023
tosyne2much:
Yes she struggles and fights back to return back there. Her stubbornness will make you release her so that peace can reign and and she'd return back there, but recently, she's been calming down since we adopted the yelling method. That yelling method seems to be working like magic compared to before that we'll keep quiet thinking she's just a baby

Now, she's beginning to know she's doing something wrong each time we yell at her unlike before. If she's doing something and we don't yell, she's continue with it even if she's spoiling and damaging something but when we yell, she will start feeling discomfort and disinterested in it the more we intensify the volume of the yelling

Each time she goes to the fridge to open it, we quickly yell at her that we'll beat her if she opens it. She will take a pause and then look at the fridge for a seconds and then return back without touching it. This wasn't the case before that we would have to stand up every minute to collect one or two things from her.. Omo! That thing is frustrating and energy draining.

Thank God yelling is working for your baby. I wish yelling could work for our own over here. If you yell at this one, it is just a waste of effort. You have to wrestle and clip him if you don't want him to touch or destroy something. But he willdidn't make a very loud irritating cry that will make you leave him to do whatever. You have to be in constant motion as long as the boy is awake and he doesn't sleep on his own. You have to pin him to the ground and tap tap tap tap him hard before he could get a sleep.
For those talking trash about you being ungrateful to God or telling you that it is good for a child to be like that, my prayer is that God should give them one like that in the nearest future. They will come and share their testimonies aswear cheesy
Re: How Do I Handle My Hyper-active Daughter, She's Barely 3years by tosyne2much(m): 3:50pm On Jul 12, 2023
geoworldedu:

Thank God yelling is working for your baby. I wish yelling could work for our own over here. If you yell at this one, it is just a waste of effort. You have to wrestle and clip him if you don't want him to touch or destroy something. But he willdidn't make a very loud irritating cry that will make you leave him to do whatever. You have to be in constant motion as long as the boy is awake and he doesn't sleep on his own. You have to pin him to the ground and tap tap tap tap him hard before he could get a sleep.
For those talking trash about you being ungrateful to God or telling you that it is good for a child to be like that, my prayer is that God should give them one like that in the nearest future. They will come and share their testimonies aswear cheesy
Most of those people saying it's not a big deal have never experienced these things. Their child probably never gave them as e dey hot cheesy

If a child is hyperactive and stubborn at the same time, that's when the devil will test your patience as a parent cheesy
Re: How Do I Handle My Hyper-active Daughter, She's Barely 3years by geoworldedu: 7:17pm On Jul 12, 2023
tosyne2much:
Most of those people saying it's not a big deal have never experienced these things. Their child probably never gave them as e dey hot cheesy

If a child is hyperactive and stubborn at the same time, that's when the devil will test your patience as a parent cheesy
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Check Out These Cute Quintuplet (pictures) / My Father Dragging My Mom's Property With Me, how the Issue Was Resolved / Upata Rivers State Bride Price, Marriage Constitution - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.