Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,232 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) - Food (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) (97548 Views)

See The 5 Pieces Of Fresh Tomatoes I Bought #700 This Afternoon / White Rice With Spicy Chicken Stew. Fresh Tomatoes Is Scarce Today So.... / 52kg Basket Of Farm Fresh Tomatoes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by ManWater: 12:24pm On Jul 02, 2023
Mightyiyke:
it is but not a perfect substitute

not a perfect alternative
not a perfect substitute
??

Palm nut may be an alternative to tomatoes but not a perfect alternative.

If anything,
SUBSTITUTE = PERFECT ALTERNATIVE
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by BabaIbo: 12:42pm On Jul 02, 2023
Bigchristo:
You must be very stupid, I insulted your father because you don’t have a good parental upbringing otherwise you won’t be insulting me for airing my own opinions, foolish child always attract insults to their parents for lacking home training, I am not your mate keep that straight into your head

You remain a big f00\ and an uncou+h kid, do you think I give a f about your insult on your f@her and not my own f@her?

If not for the faceless nature of this forum, you can talk to me the way you did.

If you are old as you claimed, you won't be involving a whole tribe over what doesn't concern them.
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by wizzyvibes: 1:05pm On Jul 02, 2023
E don reach 3 months we dey chop am every Sunday.
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Sammy5413(m): 1:15pm On Jul 02, 2023
Anambra people be looking at you like you from another planet cos it's an update for you
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Aurelius1(m): 1:27pm On Jul 02, 2023
complexstuffs:

Bitter and hateful IPOB CANNIBALS are always happy when they hear any negative news about Nigeria ever since Nigerians kicked LAMBA Obi to the gutters during the elections.

This attitude will only harden our hearts from voting IIGB0S in coming elections as they keep showing their hatred for the progress of Nigeria.

Sane Nigerians knows that Nigeria is going through a transition period and the process is being managed by capable hands.
People are starving, businesses are shutting down and you're still celebrating mediocrity. I don't care wether Obi or Tinubu rules, all I want is a better Nigeria. Subsidy removal is not a bad thing but doing it without measures to cushion the effects on the populace is like putting the cart before the horse.
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by complexstuffs(m): 2:49pm On Jul 02, 2023
Aurelius1:
People are starving, businesses are shutting down and you're still celebrating mediocrity. I don't care wether Obi or Tinubu rules, all I want is a better Nigeria. Subsidy removal is not a bad thing but doing it without measures to cushion the effects on the populace is like putting the cart before the horse.

It is a big lie that any IPOB/OBIDIENTS want a working Nigeria and don't care who rukes. So stop saying you want a working Nigeria because even a 2 year old can see through your lies.

Even LAMBA Obi promised to remove subsidy immediately as one of his campaign promises. why are IPOB/OBIDIENTS are crying upandan. There is no reason to remove subsidy and take it somewhere. Isn't that robing Peter to pay Paul?
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by complexstuffs(m): 2:49pm On Jul 02, 2023
Aurelius1:

It is a big fat lie that any IPOB/OBIDIENTS want a working Nigeria and don't care who rukes. So stop saying you want a working Nigeria because even a 2 year old can see through your lies.
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by FashionCookie(f): 3:13pm On Jul 02, 2023
The perfect alternative is "the snake tomatoes"(don't know what it is callled in English). Very perfect and you can hardly tell the difference.
Then we have other alternatives like, the garden egg(not the green or white one, but the long and purple one), then vegetable(efo or pumpkin) sauce.

1 Like

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by dandydrey(m): 3:31pm On Jul 02, 2023
ferhyntorlah:

Nice stew.

Did you know that garden egg is called bitter tomato?

Really? Wow!
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by mariahAngel(f): 3:49pm On Jul 02, 2023
complexstuffs:

It is a big fat lie that any IPOB/OBIDIENTS want a working Nigeria and don't care who rukes. So stop saying you want a working Nigeria because even a 2 year old can see through your lies.

Stop acting like you own Nigeria.
Stop acting like you're more Nigerian than other Nigerians.
Stop acting like you have more rights as a Nigerian than other Nigerians.
Don't be a bully.
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by mariahAngel(f): 3:52pm On Jul 02, 2023
FashionCookie:
The perfect alternative is "the snake tomatoes"(don't know what it is callled in English). Very perfect and you can hardly tell the difference.
Then we have other alternatives like, the garden egg(not the green or white one, but the long and purple one), then vegetable(efo or pumpkin) sauce.

The snake tomatoes; do people cultivate them or they just grow wildly?
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by mariahAngel(f): 3:55pm On Jul 02, 2023
IyanuDeb:
where are you from if I may ask?

Why do you ask, and how does it matter?
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by mariahAngel(f): 3:57pm On Jul 02, 2023
AfonjaPriest:

How can one make use of it to cook? Provide a recipe.

That'll be a topic for another day. smiley
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by mariahAngel(f): 3:59pm On Jul 02, 2023
PARADIZEPRIEST:
No be today na,tomatoes don scarce before and come plenty again after people use water melon tire.NIGERIANS ARE LAZY,they CANT EVEN PLANT SIMPLE TOMATOES AND PEPPER, NA ONLY OKRIKA AND TUKUNBO THEY SABI SELL grin change o!buhari don go with his evil luck,go farm to see food chop. NO BLAME PTINUBU O wet just enter last month!grin

Do you grow tomatoes?
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by complexstuffs(m): 4:02pm On Jul 02, 2023
mariahAngel:

Stop acting like you own Nigeria.
Stop acting like you're more Nigerian than other Nigerians.
Don't be a bully.

I am not acting like we own Nigeria because we do actually own Nigeria.

I am not acting like we are more Nigerian than others because we are actually more Nigerian than others.

Stop blame others for IPOB anti-Nigerian activities.
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by mariahAngel(f): 4:08pm On Jul 02, 2023
seguno2:

We really enjoy the suffering unleashed on us by the looters that we mistake as leaders, when they are our fellow tribesmen while hypocritically wailing against the looters in other tribes.

How do we get out of this debilitating mindset, to prosper collectively in an environment of sustainable wellbeing for everyone?

I've come to realize that the corrupt leaders are not the major problem, but the people who support them, and don't hold them accountable.
There are people who have decided that it's okay to suffer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Maryam1234(f): 4:09pm On Jul 02, 2023
I will suggest Dry Tomato aside Palm Nut.
Tomatoes nutritional value differs from that of palm nut.
Check my white rice I made with dry tomato below and some more paste for Jollof and refrigeration grin

1 Like

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by mariahAngel(f): 4:10pm On Jul 02, 2023
complexstuffs:

I am not acting like we own Nigeria because we do actually own Nigeria.

I am not acting like we are more Nigerian than others because we are actually more Nigerian than others.

Stop blame others for IPOB anti-Nigerian activities.

Thankfully, online is where it begins and ends.
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by mariahAngel(f): 4:18pm On Jul 02, 2023
Abemy:
This is Ofeaku, which loose it's taste if kept overnight, once cooked, it must be eaten all, while still fresh.

Not true.
It still retains its taste, even by the next day.
One can also cook and refrigerate some portion of it, to maintain the freshness.
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by mariahAngel(f): 4:21pm On Jul 02, 2023
Crystalsweetnes:
Yes, carrot to cook stew. You blend the carrot with pepper and onion just like you will do with tomatoes and it come out just fine like you use tomatoes.

I'll try this someday.
I'll precook the carrots a bit first before blending though.
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Crystalsweetnes(f): 4:23pm On Jul 02, 2023
[quote author=mariahAngel post=124167687]

I'll try this someday.
I'll precook the carrots a bit first before blending though. [No you don't have to. Just blend everything together like you will do with tomatoes]
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by mariahAngel(f): 4:23pm On Jul 02, 2023
Philip4564:
They will also tell us Ponmo is sweeter than Meat

Ponmo is sweeter than Meat.
There. I said it. 😌
If you don't agree, go to court.
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by mariahAngel(f): 4:24pm On Jul 02, 2023
[quote author=Crystalsweetnes post=124167728][/quote]

Okay.
I would when I will.
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by complexstuffs(m): 4:35pm On Jul 02, 2023
mariahAngel:

Thankfully, online is where it begins and ends.

Yet here you are with stomach ache over it
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Boldkrammy: 4:43pm On Jul 02, 2023
Love800:
Can u explain the crayfish stew or sauce?

You can make it in two ways.

Crafish stew, you will blend your crafish and plenty onions and fresh pepper. Steam your oil, add your meat, dry fish or fresh fish sauce. Put all other seasoning and add your crafish paste. You can add a little vegitable to stem down the taste.

Crafish sauce , same paste. Pour your chicken sauce first add your cabbage carrot, sweetcorn, mushroom, hot dog and cornflour. Add a tiny portion of your curry powder, then pour your paste. Mix well and bring it down.

Vegitable stew: Make your sauce, add a satchet of paper tomatoes and cook well add a little portion of vegitable oil. Allow to cook till it tickets. Add vegitable and bring it down.

1 Like

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by mariahAngel(f): 4:53pm On Jul 02, 2023
complexstuffs:

Yet here you are with stomach ache over it

No. Just knocking you out of your illusion. smiley
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by complexstuffs(m): 5:13pm On Jul 02, 2023
mariahAngel:

No. Just knocking you out of your illusion. smiley

Better get used to your 3rs or 4th class status as nothing is going to change that
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by FashionCookie(f): 6:26pm On Jul 02, 2023
mariahAngel:

The snake tomatoes; do people cultivate them or they just grow wildly?
My mother got the seeds from a neighbor and planted them randomly around our compound.
I don't know if they grow wildly.
It has been my saviour these past months with scarcity of tomatoes. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by mariahAngel(f): 6:32pm On Jul 02, 2023
complexstuffs:

Better get used to your 3rs or 4th class status as nothing is going to change that

The change must favour me and my family. grin
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by mariahAngel(f): 6:33pm On Jul 02, 2023
FashionCookie:

My mother got the seeds from a neighbor and planted them randomly around our compound.
I don't know if they grow wildly.
It has been my saviour these past months with scarcity of tomatoes. grin

I wish I could see the stew made out of it. πŸ˜€
How's the taste? Weird or normal?
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by mariahAngel(f): 6:35pm On Jul 02, 2023
omooba969:
πŸ˜‚

Ki lo n pa yin l'erin? undecided
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by FashionCookie(f): 6:40pm On Jul 02, 2023
mariahAngel:

I wish I could see the stew made out of it. πŸ˜€
How's the taste? Weird or normal?
The first time I tasted it, i went home for weekend. That was like 2 months ago. Mumsy prepared stew with it, I said I won't eat it. But seeing the look of it, I said let me try. Hmmmm...trust me, you can't even tell the difference.
When it's ripe, just remove the seed before blending and per-boil. After buying 6 tomatoes
for 500 undecided my mum grinds and steam it for me, before sending it over.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

This Breakfast I Gave My Husband / Lady Refuses To Eat Out Of The Assorted Meat She Sells In Okokomaiko, Lagos / Yoruba Name For Cloves And Parsley.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.