Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,824 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) (97550 Views)

See The 5 Pieces Of Fresh Tomatoes I Bought #700 This Afternoon / White Rice With Spicy Chicken Stew. Fresh Tomatoes Is Scarce Today So.... / 52kg Basket Of Farm Fresh Tomatoes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Geonigga(m): 6:49am On Jul 02, 2023
RabbitGuy:
Nice I visited one of the largest tomato farm in Rivers state about 3wks ago.
You can start a backyard tomato farm and save cost.
Watch the video below you will be inspired, don't forget to subscribe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa4qi68px0c&feature=share7
I enjoyed watching the video but I wanted to know how one can start up a tomatoes and pepper farm, how the seeds are processed and how to put it in the soil. I will be very grateful if you avail me with this information. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by barkays001: 6:59am On Jul 02, 2023
Liberians rarely eat tomatoes.
Roger3D:
You can't do without tomatoes
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by zedman1(m): 7:01am On Jul 02, 2023
Hopefully2023:
Yes I agree with you. Palm nut stew is a perfect alternative to tomato stew. It's rich in vitamin A. But why is tomato so costly now?

Anyway.........
If you have any infection including staphylococcus, I have something you are looking for ( herbal cure) it works. Check my signature for contact details
You people ask funny questions sometimes. Every year, there are certain times some food commodities disappear from the market and become expensive BECAUSE IT'S NOT THIER SEASON. Not just tomatoes but some others too, or are you just coming into the country bro?

2 Likes

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Philip4564(m): 7:02am On Jul 02, 2023
Landowner101:
Soon people will come and tell us how Shawa is better than Titus fish. You are welcome to Tinubunomics, government of Renewed Shege.
They will also tell us Ponmo is sweeter than Meat

1 Like

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Love800(m): 7:03am On Jul 02, 2023
Do u care to share the process?
NobleSeed:
make use of carrots instead
Very delicious ✅
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by FavouredBiano(m): 7:06am On Jul 02, 2023
mariahAngel:
Since fresh tomatoes have become scarce and quite expensive these days, and Sunday rice is a must for most homes, palm nut stew should be the perfect alternative to tomato stew.
It's quite cheap.
One derica measure is sold for about 500N, buy just two measures, and your pot will be filled and running over. cheesy

So, aside palm nuts, what other alternative(s) can you suggest?
Aside tomato stew, what else can you eat with your white rice?

Picture source: Google. Instagram.

Carrots is the perfect alternative; in fact, you wouldn't be able to know the difference in taste between a carrot and fresh tomato stew.

1 Like

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by FavouredBiano(m): 7:06am On Jul 02, 2023
Roger3D:
You can't do without tomatoes

Have you heard of carrots stew?
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Love800(m): 7:07am On Jul 02, 2023
U care to share the process?
NobleSeed:
make use of carrots instead
Very delicious ✅
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by bonnyhope: 7:11am On Jul 02, 2023
mariahAngel:
Since fresh tomatoes have become scarce and quite expensive these days, and Sunday rice is a must for most homes, palm nut stew should be the perfect alternative to tomato stew.
It's quite cheap.
One derica measure is sold for about 500N, buy just two measures, and your pot will be filled and running over. cheesy

This one only contains palm oil

# tomatoes is not oil#
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Brushstrokes20: 7:13am On Jul 02, 2023
Hmmmm!.... The shithole from fry pan to FIRE 🔥
# lifeless to druggie
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by NobleSeed(m): 7:14am On Jul 02, 2023
You can choose to Blend carrots with pepper and onions or blend the carrots and onions separately.

Steam the blended mix to allow water to dry up, your choice though.

Put vegetable oil in a pot and put on heat.
Add the steamed mix to vegetable oil and allow to fry for about 3min (stir constantly)

Add pepper, curry powder, meat with stock, stir, cover and leave to simmer for 20 minutes.
Love800:
U care to share the process?
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by MrDoGood(m): 7:15am On Jul 02, 2023
mariahAngel:
It's quite cheap.

Delta woman grin
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Villa12(m): 7:18am On Jul 02, 2023
ahnie:

You don dey beg?
Abobi na you start ham o,I just help you foreign ham.

Next time nor dey fight person wey big pass you.i don contribute pay your school fees for this forum,no be mouth.

I get percentage for your life

I don't know you in person but i love how you do give those guys gbas gbos. He came for you first and i super love how you put him in his right place.
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Brownshoe: 7:19am On Jul 02, 2023
But sachet tomato paste still better alternative.
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Bigchristo: 7:32am On Jul 02, 2023
BabaIbo:

Must everything be competition to you guys?

Why una mu² like this sef? Na wa o
Common shut up your mouth there, Abi craze Dey your head? Na your father mumu cos me n you nor be mate
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Yaksboy(m): 7:37am On Jul 02, 2023
You can purchase PALMARK POWDERED TOMATO PASTE.
Just 2 sachets can make a pot of stew. Zero additive, zero colourants...
Sold at #150 per sachet.
DM to order
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by MiztaDynameek: 7:40am On Jul 02, 2023
Funny enough that Banga soup no be poor man soup. Before you can enjoy that soup well you will spend more than what you will spend to prepare tomato stew.

1 Like

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by phemmyfour: 7:51am On Jul 02, 2023
mariahAngel:
It's quite cheap.

Palm nuts can never replace tomatoes. They don't serve the same purpose

1 Like

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Beremx(f): 7:51am On Jul 02, 2023
mariahAngel:
It's quite cheap.

Yoruba people don't cook ofe akwu as their delicacy. How dem wan take adjust?
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Starships4u(m): 7:54am On Jul 02, 2023
Tealcrestmedia:
If everyone adopts this new one, price will still shoot up again.

The only sensible thing I read so far....
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by PrimadonnaO(f): 8:00am On Jul 02, 2023
BigDolph:
This one no fit go with rice

You don't mean it!

You've not tasted the goodness that ofe-akwu and white rice is.

1 Like

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by PrimadonnaO(f): 8:01am On Jul 02, 2023
masterfactor:
Since I enter South East,I find rice and stew, I no see, I begin eat white rice and Banga soup

Lol
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Bfly: 8:12am On Jul 02, 2023
Obviously, most people are just trying to quench hunger.
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by sweetTai(m): 8:17am On Jul 02, 2023
Disgusting!
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by NaijaCuzin: 8:17am On Jul 02, 2023
Palm nuts is palm nuts
Tomatoes is tomatoes
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Boldkrammy: 8:19am On Jul 02, 2023
chigoziri2403:
Can you use palm fruits to eat sandwiches?
Even palm kernel cannot cook stew
Ofe akwu is a soup by its name and not stew

Ofe akwu can be used for rice, yam and to make your jollof. It can be mixed with okra for Eba and fufu. It's a bit different from the normal Delta Banga and starch delicay. It can perfectly replace stew.

1 Like

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Oracleee: 8:21am On Jul 02, 2023
mariahAngel:
It's quite cheap.

How do they make this. Today is Sunday. I won't mind if you can put me through.

1 Like

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Abemy(m): 8:22am On Jul 02, 2023
This is Ofeaku, which loose it's taste if kept overnight, once cooked, it must be eaten all, while still fresh.
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Crystalsweetnes(f): 8:24am On Jul 02, 2023
Yes, carrot to cook stew. You blend the carrot with pepper and onion just like you will do with tomatoes and it come out just fine like you use tomatoes.
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Boldkrammy: 8:25am On Jul 02, 2023
There are various alternativea to stew with tomatoes. We have crafish stew, catfish sauce, normal sauce, garden egg stew, vegitable stew, banga stew pepersoup stew etc. Relax and enjoy the rainy season stew.

1 Like

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Kobicove(m): 8:31am On Jul 02, 2023
kkins25:
no be palm kernel be that.... the fire u will use to cook it self no be here!!

grin
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by luckyz4rea(m): 8:34am On Jul 02, 2023
dandydrey:
Garden egg 😊

I was gonna mention garden egg sauce with pepper and boom, I saw this picture!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

This Breakfast I Gave My Husband / Lady Refuses To Eat Out Of The Assorted Meat She Sells In Okokomaiko, Lagos / Yoruba Name For Cloves And Parsley.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.