Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,549 members, 7,823,415 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) (97573 Views)

See The 5 Pieces Of Fresh Tomatoes I Bought #700 This Afternoon / White Rice With Spicy Chicken Stew. Fresh Tomatoes Is Scarce Today So.... / 52kg Basket Of Farm Fresh Tomatoes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Albertone(m): 11:27pm On Jul 01, 2023
ahnie:

cheesy cheesy
You nor go sleep well this nyt

Lol 😆
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by IyanuDeb(f): 11:28pm On Jul 01, 2023
mariahAngel:
Since fresh tomatoes have become scarce and quite expensive these days, and Sunday rice is a must for most homes, palm nut stew should be the perfect alternative to tomato stew.
It's quite cheap.
One derica measure is sold for about 500N, buy just two measures, and your pot will be filled and running over. cheesy

So, aside palm nuts, what other alternative(s) can you suggest?
Aside tomato stew, what else can you eat with your white rice?

Picture source: Google. Instagram.
where are you from if I may ask?
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by just2endowed: 11:31pm On Jul 01, 2023
Crystalsweetnes:
You can use carrot instead of tomatoes.......

How,? I thought garden egg should be better alternative
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Bigchristo: 11:41pm On Jul 01, 2023
mariahAngel:

Na still the same thing.
You fit still use am eat rice. All join.
Bangar rice dey na shuuu even Coconut rice sef 😂

1 Like

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by edogu(m): 11:41pm On Jul 01, 2023
mariahAngel:
Since fresh tomatoes have become scarce and quite expensive these days, and Sunday rice is a must for most homes, palm nut stew should be the perfect alternative to tomato stew.
It's quite cheap.
One derica measure is sold for about 500N, buy just two measures, and your pot will be filled and running over. cheesy

Ofe Akwu, curry stew, vegetable stew etc

1 Like

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Oparasunny125(m): 11:42pm On Jul 01, 2023
Atk1nson:
Tinubu has used poverty to finish people....bro tomato and palm kernel are two different things
That is not palm kernel but palm fruit
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by AfonjaPriest: 11:46pm On Jul 01, 2023
mariahAngel:
It's quite cheap.

How can one make use of it to cook? Provide a recipe.
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Hybridlandtech: 11:46pm On Jul 01, 2023
Atk1nson:
Tinubu has used poverty to finish people....bro tomato and palm kernel are two different things

It's not today tomato started becoming scarce. This agenda

1 Like

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Pedyson: 12:03am On Jul 02, 2023
I thought you wanted to tell us about Banger rice😂
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by PARADIZEPRIEST: 12:09am On Jul 02, 2023
No be today na,tomatoes don scarce before and come plenty again after people use water melon tire.NIGERIANS ARE LAZY,they CANT EVEN PLANT SIMPLE TOMATOES AND PEPPER, NA ONLY OKRIKA AND TUKUNBO THEY SABI SELL grin change o!buhari don go with his evil luck,go farm to see food chop. NO BLAME PTINUBU O wet just enter last month!grin
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by omooba969(m): 12:47am On Jul 02, 2023
😂
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Dancebreaker: 12:58am On Jul 02, 2023
Reinaldo:
Chai! Renewed shege don reach this level

People go come dey chop excess cholesterol. No be cardiac failure be that
My brother, the way high cholesterol, heart attack and diabetes go finish people nor go be here.
Tomato in stew is one of the most consistent veg eaten by lots of people in 9ja. Remove it and see health wahala.
Tatashe, onions and mushrooms are far better alternatives. I doubt if they are cheap though.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Vision101(m): 1:01am On Jul 02, 2023
Anywhere you go now they will serve you that potopoto stew made with potatoes. Some women will just overload it with spicies.

Come ooo. Maria where were you when I was looking for a wife? You have good food sense which is 50% correct wife sense grin grin

1 Like

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by 1Sharon(f): 1:42am On Jul 02, 2023
There are so many Nigerian soups that don't need tomatoes.

Even to make jellof rice you don't need it.

1 Like

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by purples25(f): 1:50am On Jul 02, 2023
Shege... With just a pinch of sapa... grin
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by seguno2: 2:03am On Jul 02, 2023
mariahAngel:
It's quite cheap.

We really enjoy the suffering unleashed on us by the looters that we mistake as leaders, when they are our fellow tribesmen while hypocritically wailing against the looters in other tribes.

How do we get out of this debilitating mindset, to prosper collectively in an environment of sustainable wellbeing for everyone?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Ulunne777(f): 2:44am On Jul 02, 2023
lexy2014:

which is "men and their gas" or wont you boil it?

how will you boil banga that it wont be thick?

which one is "semi-thick"?

banga syrup doesnt take long to cook? in which village?

It doesn't take time to cook .Use warm water to extract the juice and be careful to not make it watery.It should be creamy.Also the palmnut used is considered.You bite into the raw one to know how rich the flesh is.
More flesh,thicker sauce and shorter cook time

It will almost consume the same gas as the time it takes you ppl to kill your tomatoes in the name of frying to get it thick.
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Ulunne777(f): 2:49am On Jul 02, 2023
Ofe akwu is not an alternative,it is a stew on its lane.
How many families in the east are complaining of the tomato shii when we've got so many other sauces.
It is Ofe akwu and others...
Go to restaurants and food joints,It gets exhausted before ppl even ask for tomato stew.
Can't even remember the last time I made stew.

1 Like

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Probz(m): 2:58am On Jul 02, 2023
Nnewi people typically don’t touch anything with tomatoes (besides jollof rice) more than twice a year. Ofe akwu’s lush.
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by lexy2014: 3:08am On Jul 02, 2023
Ulunne777:

It doesn't take time to cook .Use warm water to extract the juice and be careful to not make it watery.It should be creamy.Also the palmnut used is considered.You bite into the raw one to know how rich the flesh is.
More flesh,thicker sauce and shorter cook time

It will almost consume the same gas as the time it takes you ppl to kill your tomatoes in the name of frying to get it thick.

if you are familiar with palm nuts, you dont need to be biting raw palm nuts to know how fleshy it is.

who are the "you ppl" that kill tomatoes in the name of frying to get it thick?

who uses cold water to extract juice from cooked banga?

when using warm water, is it only once that you will use the water to extract the juice after pounding the cooked palm nuts?
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by papadiho(m): 4:09am On Jul 02, 2023
I prefer ofe akwu instead of stew
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by jayAjoku(m): 4:10am On Jul 02, 2023
i sell palm nuts and palm oil in gallons if you need it Holler at me I’ll give you a good deal
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Bellotelli: 5:23am On Jul 02, 2023
mariahAngel:

Of course, they're nutritionally different.
This one is an alternative to fresh tomato stew for white rice.

You're free to share your suggestion(s).
As for your eggs, just make do with onions and fresh peppers for now.
Tomatoes go come back in abundance come meet us soon.
I don't think tomatoes will come down anytime soon until we start experiencing lesser rainfall. Alternatively, farmers should start adopting modern methods of growing tomatoes.
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by sekem: 5:24am On Jul 02, 2023
Puss360:
Lol..
Nutritionally they are different ooo...
Not everyone can extract the oil....
And besides, if I want to fry egg or do any tomato sauce, will I use this one
Tomorrow remains tomatoes....
We r just hoping for the price to come down

They said alternative, not the main course.

Or do you want me to also explain the meaning of alternative to you?
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by BabaIbo: 5:44am On Jul 02, 2023
Bigchristo:
Na East dem for Dey eat Palm oil stew we Deltans Dey use am cook bangar soup very good for starch and semo Delta bangar soup nor get mate oo

Must everything be competition to you guys?

Why una mu² like this sef? Na wa o
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by BabaIbo: 5:49am On Jul 02, 2023
lexy2014:

if you are familiar with palm nuts, you dont need to be biting raw palm nuts to know how fleshy it is.

who are the "you ppl" you referring to?

who uses cold water to extract juice from cooked banga?

is it by using warm water that it wont be watery?

when using warm water, is it only once that you will use the water to extract the juice after pounding the cooked palm nuts?

She is just enlightening others on how to go about it.

Although, ofe akwu is good and sweet, I don't eat it for long(I no too dey eat am) because it has this way of purging me when I take lot of it unlike stew.

Maybe it is just me sha.
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by lexy2014: 6:02am On Jul 02, 2023
BabaIbo:

She is just enlightening others on how to go about it.

Although, ofe akwu is good and sweet, I don't eat it for long(I no too dey eat am) because it has this way of purging me when I take lot of it unlike stew.

Maybe it is just me sha.

She wasn't enlightening others. She was responding to the questions I asked
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by MarketDispatch: 6:05am On Jul 02, 2023
Updates.
Palmnut Sandwich
Palmnut Salad
Palmnut Burger
Palmnut Jollof rice
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by armyofone(m): 6:11am On Jul 02, 2023
Fried habanero pepper and lots of onions.

Taste delicious with rice.

No need for tomatoes
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by adanny01(m): 6:13am On Jul 02, 2023
Hopefully2023:
Yes I agree with you. Palm nut stew is a perfect alternative to tomato stew. It's rich in vitamin A. But why is tomato so costly now?

Anyway.........
If you have any infection including staphylococcus, I have something you are looking for ( herbal cure) it works. Check my signature for contact details

Tomato plant doesn't like rain. Rain drops destroys its flowers and subsequently production. This season, it can only produce in a green house.

There is also a disease ravaging tomatoes and the moist soil this season encourages the disease.

So production is at all time low.

1 Like

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Uchedizzy(f): 6:28am On Jul 02, 2023
Even the plam nut is expensive too, you can just do tomato paste without fresh
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by complexstuffs(m): 6:31am On Jul 02, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Shege

Hahaha

So na this one una take dey replace tomatoes now

Una never see anything

Aurelius1:
By the time Tinubu is through with Nigerians people will be using over ripe pawpaw in place of tomatoes. One thing I'm glad about is the fact that those who voted for him are also part taking in the suffering. Las Las everybody done chop breakfast.

Landowner101:
Soon people will come and tell us how Shawa is better than Titus fish. You are welcome to Tinubunomics, government of Renewed Shege.

Bitter and hateful IPOB CANNIBALS are always happy when they hear any negative news about Nigeria ever since Nigerians kicked LAMBA Obi to the gutters during the elections.

This attitude will only harden our hearts from voting IIGB0S in coming elections as they keep showing their hatred for the progress of Nigeria.

Sane Nigerians knows that Nigeria is going through a transition period and the process is being managed by capable hands.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

This Breakfast I Gave My Husband / Lady Refuses To Eat Out Of The Assorted Meat She Sells In Okokomaiko, Lagos / Yoruba Name For Cloves And Parsley.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.