Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) (97549 Views)

See The 5 Pieces Of Fresh Tomatoes I Bought #700 This Afternoon / White Rice With Spicy Chicken Stew. Fresh Tomatoes Is Scarce Today So.... / 52kg Basket Of Farm Fresh Tomatoes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Hassanmaye(m): 8:35am On Jul 02, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Shege

Hahaha

So na this one una take dey replace tomatoes now

Una never see anything
Haha
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Nauttyprof(m): 8:36am On Jul 02, 2023
Atk1nson:
Tinubu has used poverty to finish people....bro tomato and palm kernel are two different things

Is it that you just want to remain bitter? Is fuel subsidy the only reason for this issue? I just don't understand if people don't read again just to put the blame on the president.

Go read the many causes for the rise in price of tomatoes
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by ferhyntorlah(f): 8:38am On Jul 02, 2023
dandydrey:
Garden egg ๐Ÿ˜Š

www.nairaland.com/attachments/17400687_img9349_jpeg_jpeg853b5671da2250198101c8ba9266177f

Nice stew.

Did you know that garden egg is called bitter tomato?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Draggun(m): 8:39am On Jul 02, 2023
BigDolph:
This one no fit go with rice

You know nothing, Jon Snow.
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by thesicilian: 8:39am On Jul 02, 2023
complexstuffs:

Bitter and hateful IPOB CANNIBALS are always happy when they hear any negative news about Nigeria ever since Nigerians kicked LAMBA Obi to the gutters during the elections.

This attitude will only harden our hearts from voting IIGB0S in coming elections as they keep showing their hatred for the progress of Nigeria.

Sane Nigerians knows that Nigeria is going through a transition period and the process is being managed by capable hands.
You'll hardly see them commenting on positive news. Even when they do, it's still with bitter undertones. Such people always blame others for their personal failures and misfortunes
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by ferhyntorlah(f): 8:40am On Jul 02, 2023
Crystalsweetnes:
You can use carrot instead of tomatoes.......

Or garden egg. It's known as bitter tomato.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by deavicky(m): 8:45am On Jul 02, 2023
mariahAngel:

Of course, they're nutritionally different.
This one is an alternative to fresh tomato stew for white rice.

You're free to share your suggestion(s).
As for your eggs, just make do with onions and fresh peppers for now.
Tomatoes go come back in abundance come meet us soon.
yoruba and Hausa man no go know the process of arriving at it nah.
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by BabaIbo: 8:49am On Jul 02, 2023
Bigchristo:
Common shut up your mouth there, Abi craze Dey your head? Na your father mumu cos me n you nor be mate

You no get p@pa, na why you no get respect for another person p@pa.

Usโ‚ฌless kid!
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by RabbitGuy: 8:57am On Jul 02, 2023
Geonigga:
I enjoyed watching the video but I wanted to know how one can start up a tomatoes and pepper farm, how the seeds are processed and how to put it in the soil. I will be very grateful if you avail me with this information. Thanks
Thanks for watching, hope you subscribed? If No please do.

I will be covering this topic soon, i will likely visit the farm and we will discuss on this topic you raised
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by chigoziri2403(m): 9:10am On Jul 02, 2023
Boldkrammy:

Ofe akwu can be used for rice, yam and to make your jollof. It can be mixed with okra for Eba and fufu. It's a bit different from the normal Delta Banga and starch delicay. It can perfectly replace stew.
The heading was tomato replacement
Moreover the nutritional value of tomato varies from that of palm fruits
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Goddyrichie(m): 9:25am On Jul 02, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Shege

Hahaha

Una never see anything
abeg no kill me with laugh ๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Nobody: 9:26am On Jul 02, 2023
Dancebreaker:

My brother, the way high cholesterol, heart attack and diabetes go finish people nor go be here.
Tomato in stew is one of the most consistent veg eaten by lots of people in 9ja. Remove it and see health wahala.
Tatashe, onions and mushrooms are far better alternatives. I doubt if they are cheap though.

Yes, high cholesterol is very bad. But things are now very expensive and that will surely affect people's health
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Hungerbadoo: 9:27am On Jul 02, 2023
mariahAngel:
Since fresh tomatoes have become scarce and quite expensive these days, and Sunday rice is a must for most homes, palm nut stew should be the perfect alternative to tomato stew.
It's quite cheap.
One derica measure is sold for about 500N, buy just two measures, and your pot will be filled and running over. cheesy

So, aside palm nuts, what other alternative(s) can you suggest?
Aside tomato stew, what else can you eat with your white rice?

Picture source: Google. Instagram.
Nice one ma. Apart from the high cost of food in the market, this your type of food na him i the like. Very delicious

1 Like

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Goddyrichie(m): 9:28am On Jul 02, 2023
Dhury:
this country is only balance for politicians and yahoo.
even yahoo sef don hard
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Goddyrichie(m): 9:30am On Jul 02, 2023
mariahAngel:
Since fresh tomatoes have become scarce and quite expensive these days, and Sunday rice is a must for most homes, palm nut stew should be the perfect alternative to tomato stew.
It's quite cheap.
One derica measure is sold for about 500N, buy just two measures, and your pot will be filled and running over. cheesy

see wenti tribalism cause us ๐Ÿฅน
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by masterfactor(m): 9:31am On Jul 02, 2023
PrimadonnaO:

Lol

It was weird at first, but as I start to eat am, I got use to it, e sweet sha ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

2 Likes

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Bigchristo: 9:31am On Jul 02, 2023
BabaIbo:

You no get p@pa, na why you no get respect for another person p@pa.

Usโ‚ฌless kid!
You must be very stupid, I insulted your father because you donโ€™t have a good parental upbringing otherwise you wonโ€™t be insulting me for airing my own opinions, foolish child always attract insults to their parents for lacking home training, I am not your mate keep that straight into your head
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Hopefully2023: 9:33am On Jul 02, 2023
adanny01:

Tomato plant doesn't like rain. Rain drops destroys its flowers and subsequently production. This season, it can only produce in a green house.

There is also a disease ravaging tomatoes and the moist soil this season encourages the disease.

So production is at all time low.
thanks. Your response was helpful
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Cromagnon: 9:50am On Jul 02, 2023
Atk1nson:
Tinubu has used poverty to finish people....bro tomato and palm kernel are two different things
how did another man use poverty to finish another man. Only you can impoverish yourself
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by thatigboman: 9:57am On Jul 02, 2023
BigDolph:
This one no fit go with rice
in SE, that soup is used only to eat rice. It's in Delta that I know they use it to eat swallow too.
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by ngmoses17(m): 9:58am On Jul 02, 2023
Nice idea ๐Ÿ‘
Man must find a way to survive ๐Ÿค 

1 Like

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Uchesis: 10:08am On Jul 02, 2023
OmoOshodi:
When the wicked rules......
...the people groan/suffer grin
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Mightyiyke: 10:15am On Jul 02, 2023
ManWater:
It can never be a PERFECT alternative.
it is but not a perfect substitute
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Mightyiyke: 10:18am On Jul 02, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Shege

Hahaha

Una never see anything
Damnnn nigger
Them go hear am

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Mightyiyke: 10:22am On Jul 02, 2023
Make una for join joyful fans group for Facebook for better alternative. Carrot ๐Ÿฅ• stew sweet though

1 Like

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Love800(m): 10:34am On Jul 02, 2023
Dats lovely
NobleSeed:
You can choose to Blend carrots with pepper and onions or blend the carrots and onions separately.

Steam the blended mix to allow water to dry up, your choice though.

Put vegetable oil in a pot and put on heat.
Add the steamed mix to vegetable oil and allow to fry for about 3min (stir constantly)

Add pepper, curry powder, meat with stock, stir, cover and leave to simmer for 20 minutes.
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Love800(m): 10:39am On Jul 02, 2023
This curry stew, how is it prepared?
edogu:

Ofe Akwu, curry stew, vegetable stew etc
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by 4KNGOATS(m): 10:40am On Jul 02, 2023
mariahAngel:
It's quite cheap.

grin una Neva chi chomchin
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by edogu(m): 10:51am On Jul 02, 2023
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Love800(m): 11:07am On Jul 02, 2023
Can u explain the crayfish stew or sauce?
Boldkrammy:
There are various alternativea to stew with tomatoes. We have crafish stew, catfish sauce, normal sauce, garden egg stew, vegitable stew, banga stew pepersoup stew etc. Relax and enjoy the rainy season stew.
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by justli: 11:31am On Jul 02, 2023
Crystalsweetnes:
You can use carrot instead of tomatoes.......

I was going to say this, and I really love carrot stew, but carrot too has become quite expensive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Tundex911: 12:17pm On Jul 02, 2023
Tomato snake abi na snake tomatoes

Tomato e le'jo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

This Breakfast I Gave My Husband / Lady Refuses To Eat Out Of The Assorted Meat She Sells In Okokomaiko, Lagos / Yoruba Name For Cloves And Parsley.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.