Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,776 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It (35442 Views)

Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband / Is It Wrong Or I Am Over Reacting / My Sister Cancels Her Wedding. Is She Doing The Right Thing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by OnlineArchitect: 3:52pm On Jul 05, 2023
Nazgul:
I'm going to be very honest with you. That girl is a very self centered person. She doesn't love you, she just trying to use you to give her siblings a better life.

For you to even suggest that 2 of her siblings can stay with you after marrying her and she rejected and insisted that it must be 4 should tell you the kind of person she is. She's even ok that you guys can go your separate ways if you're not ready to accommodate 4 of her siblings. Did you bother to ask her if she's ready to cater for the additional 2 she's advocating for? Is she expecting you to feed people you didn't plan for?

My brother, if you marry that girl, you'll suffer. She won't respect you, she would fight you constantly, she won't shift grounds to do anything for you, whatever decision that must stand in that marriage must come from her. Yours wouldn't even be considered. And worse of all, she and her siblings would abandon you after milking you dry.

My advice, let her be, you're not making any mistake, you're avoiding one. Catering for a wife, a daughter and 4 additional people in this era isn't funny. And if she isn't doing any reasonable job to back you up, believe me, you'll die before your time.

You have spoken with so much wisdom

1 Like

Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by twilliamx(m): 3:53pm On Jul 05, 2023
Tob456:
I have a 7 months old daughter her mother is an orphan, she is the eldest of 7.

We broke up when she was pregnant because we had a disagreement about her siblings living arrangements.

She wanted her 4 sisters to stay with us after the wedding and I only two of them to stay with us. The problem is seeing my daughter growing in a bad environment away from me makes me feel so bad.

Whenever I visit her I feel so bad leaving her behind that I don't sleep well thinking about her all night.

I also doesn't like the idea of having kids with different mothers.

For my daughter's sake I want to get back with her mother for us to raise her together in the same house. But getting back with her means that I should also allow her 4 siblings to stay with us after the wedding.

I am doing this for my daughter's sake but I don't know if I am making a wise decision.

What do you guys think should I get back with her or forget about her and concentrate only on my daughter.

Please help

4 people much oo. But na your choice
Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by Wizywiz(m): 3:54pm On Jul 05, 2023
frozen70:

There is no way you will be forced to carry those her siblings along with you after marriage, but then...

Whats your capacity, can you assist in supporting them from where you are, to wherever they will be

Am sure they are living some where and are feeding too

What kind of help do they need and how can you assist them

Both you and your baby mama should look into this issue

She is feeling for them and now it's affecting the parenting of your child

So find out what kind of help them need and how you guys can assist them together

You can as well pick the last two children

No one knows tomorrow
Nneoma... Happy New month.....ke kwanu
Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by Shantyken(m): 3:54pm On Jul 05, 2023
Tob456:

We broke up when she was pregnant because we had a disagreement about her siblings living arrangements.

She wanted her 4 sisters to stay with us after the wedding and I only two of them to stay with us. The problem is seeing my daughter growing in a bad environment away from me makes me feel so bad.

Whenever I visit her I feel so bad leaving her behind that I don't sleep well thinking about her all night.

For my daughter's sake I want to get back with her mother for us to raise her together in the same house. But getting back with her means that I should also allow her 4 siblings to stay with us after the wedding.

I am doing this for my daughter's sake but I don't know if I am making a wise decision.

What do you guys think should I get back with her or forget about her and concentrate only on my daughter.

Please help

This is a capital no for me. Where are they staying presently.
No worry when ur pikin grow she go find u come, just d visit them till she know say na u be her papa. Meanwhile look for another girl marry
Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by Pque(m): 3:54pm On Jul 05, 2023
emy9:
Bring all of them in and start banging them. By the time she knows, no one will tell her to chase all of them out.

To start banging underage so that when they all later know he will spend his entire life in prison on life imprisonment. Life imprisonment is the punishment for banging or defiling any under age, whether you did it once or many times it does not matter. Straight life imprisonment once you are found guilty. Many men's future have been tarnished in prison for this simple mistake. Make the report reach any police station, he own don don be that. Bad advise
Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by Pque(m): 4:02pm On Jul 05, 2023
Frankcasanova:
How sure are you that you are even the father to the 7 months old baby?

This is another vital question worthy of note. Since when have you known her, and when did you start dating? Did she or don't she have other guys around her before meeting her? What is the distance of your place to her place?
She might even look like mother Maria but her mind is doggy. Some girls look innocent, but by the time you know them well, you know that she don ja pass you long ago. You're just a learner.
Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by mylove4God(f): 4:07pm On Jul 05, 2023
She is selfish, why bring her siblings when you are against it. It would have been a different case if you were the one that suggested it.

If it were to be the other way round, would she have accepted it?
Just go on with your life, provide for your kid and try to look away from her environment, when she gets tired she will listen to you.
Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by yetty247(f): 4:08pm On Jul 05, 2023
Tob456:

Please help

God forgive me and don't test me with what is greater than my strength

Personally i feel the lady is selfish anyways. Na just me and hubby oo, What we consume a month dey scare me with the way things are expensive anyhow. Not to talk of adding 4 people, Kids excluded

That your 7 month, when u start taking care of her fully, u go know say pampers no be play.

You guy myt eventually separate at the long run because she won't want to compromise anything and as a man u won't have much say which will drain you physically, mentally, emotionally and financially. Tho taking care of orphan is really good as God can open ways for you Financially

1 Like

Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by josephevergreen(m): 4:08pm On Jul 05, 2023
Bro you will face alot of stress later on in you accept her back with that condition.
Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by Kollyman: 4:09pm On Jul 05, 2023
If reverse were to be the case, would she have allowed two of your sisters to stay with you guys after weeding not to talk of four of them.

Get an accommodation for the sisters elsewhere if you have the resources and if you want to live long.

Women will cause you trouble and pretend as if they do not know how you got into it and even mock you sef.

It's good to help but do it with all your brain cells working

1 Like

Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by comrAIHali(m): 4:13pm On Jul 05, 2023
Nazgul:
I'm going to be very honest with you. That girl is a very self centered person. She doesn't love you, she just trying to use you to give her siblings a better life.

For you to even suggest that 2 of her siblings can stay with you after marrying her and she rejected and insisted that it must be 4 should tell you the kind of person she is. She's even ok that you guys can go your separate ways if you're not ready to accommodate 4 of her siblings. Did you bother to ask her if she's ready to cater for the additional 2 she's advocating for? Is she expecting you to feed people you didn't plan for?

My brother, if you marry that girl, you'll suffer. She won't respect you, she would fight you constantly, she won't shift grounds to do anything for you, whatever decision that must stand in that marriage must come from her. Yours wouldn't even be considered. And worse of all, she and her siblings would abandon you after milking you dry.

My advice, let her be, you're not making any mistake, you're avoiding one. Catering for a wife, a daughter and 4 additional people in this era isn't funny. And if she isn't doing any reasonable job to back you up, believe me, you'll die before your time.

I conquered. I will say it again, you will die before your time.
Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by sylve11: 4:15pm On Jul 05, 2023
Offpointng:

Do you know the most annoying thing, I don't want to know how Angelic the girl might look or seem, she'll never agree to it if the siblings were to be from the Husband's side

But I doff my hat to any guy dating a girl with so many siblings sha. If your siblings pass 2 and ur family ain't rich enough, I ain't doing no Poverty Alleviating Relationship. I'm not marrying sad

Most especially if she is the eldest child. embarassed cool
Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by sylve11: 4:16pm On Jul 05, 2023
jmoore:
Another wahala that could have been avoided if you avoided fornication.

You ain't telling lies! cool
Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by shineeye1: 4:16pm On Jul 05, 2023
Tob456:

Please help

Wise up man. Your ex wife does not need a husband! Marrying her was a grave mistake from which you have been delivered! No woman who deserves a husband would accept to abandon her marriage on the flimsy grounds of the man not accepting unreasonable responsibilities of her family. Is she the captain of the boat?! Celebrate your escape! Your daughter will do well by God's grace and this your continuous care for her. Pray to get a WIFE and start a new and peaceful life. There is no hope of peace with that bloody feminist. Exercise this discipline. Many foolish men have made shipwreck of their once beautiful lives by succumbing to the overbearing, domineering imposing wishes of independent minded women. Don't be one of such fooools.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by Bennysam: 4:19pm On Jul 05, 2023
Tob456:

Please help
You will regret it if you go back to that woman believe me, No amount of money you make will be enough and it will a very big problem for you

3 Likes

Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by KazikageSama: 4:22pm On Jul 05, 2023
OP, you sabi pray?
Nha only God dey see heart and profer solutions o. We here just want to hear gist.
I pray God will lead you aright.
All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by adebayo987: 4:22pm On Jul 05, 2023
If you help them today, tomorrow you'll be proud of yourself and you'd regret if you don't.
Tob456:

Please help
Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 05, 2023
Tob456:

Please help

I wonder why a woman would make it mandatory for you to allow her siblings stay with both of U....
Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by Crystalom35: 4:28pm On Jul 05, 2023
madridguy:
Sincerely, my heart is troubled reading your message. Life is just full of sorrows.

Bro, if you have the resources please allow her to come in with her siblings, as the first born, she's just like mother to them.
There's lot of reward helping orphan.
what happened to where they are now?
Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by simplesearch: 4:28pm On Jul 05, 2023
This is the reward of fornication, when you refuse to listen to the voice of the Holyspirit or think you know better than the ancient of days.
Fornication forbidden by God: if you'd listen to the wisdom of God, you wouldn't have found yourself in this state of confusion.
You're not yet married to her, so repent genuinely from sin and pray for direction, the Lord will guide you on what to do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by Hifeylove: 4:28pm On Jul 05, 2023
Don’t invite temptation oo… cause you might come back drunk one night like that and think you want to whistle your wife and na the sisters you go Dey pick!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by shineeye1: 4:31pm On Jul 05, 2023
adebayo987:
If you help them today, tomorrow you'll be proud of yourself and you'd regret if you don't.

Nobody said don't help them, if he can. You too can seek for their address here and go offer your help, which will be applauded. We only said don't MARRY such an obstinate, entitled feminist
Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by Kobicove(m): 4:32pm On Jul 05, 2023
Do not go and assume a responsibility you will not be able to comfortably shoulder in this hard economic climate.

Feeding 2 or 4 additional adults will not be easy for you, it's better you bring in your daughter and her mother then continue helping her siblings from a distance
Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by Expanse2020(m): 4:32pm On Jul 05, 2023
My brother if you think you are capable of doing it...with a pure heart by God grace they will be your stepping stone to your Fortune...I have been into this shoe but not up to 4siblings but 2 when I took them in after few months things when up for me because I took the responsibility as if they are my immediate siblings and I didn't regret it..
Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by Expanse2020(m): 4:33pm On Jul 05, 2023
My brother if you think you are capable of doing it...with a pure heart by God grace they will be your stepping stone to your Fortune...I have been into this shoe but not up to 4siblings but 2 when I took them in after few months things when up for me because I took the responsibility as if they are my immediate siblings and I didn't regret it..

Tob456:

Please help
Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by shineeye1: 4:34pm On Jul 05, 2023
simplesearch:
This is the reward of fornication, when you refuse to listen to the voice of the Holyspirit or think you know better than the ancient of days.
Fornication forbidden by God: if you'd listen to the wisdom of God, you wouldn't have found yourself in this state of confusion.
You're not yet married to her, so repent genuinely from sin and pray for direction, the Lord will guide you on what to do.

As the LORD's spokesperson, can't you give some direction and guide to a wayfaring sinner?! Must you condemn alone and offer no iota of advice?
Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by Beuberry(f): 4:35pm On Jul 05, 2023
Davidave:
Na responsibility go kill you. RIP in advance
Bad adviser. Irresponsible people too dey die quickly.
Let they man help the baby mama. She's his destined wife from heaven
Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by ggoldmine: 4:40pm On Jul 05, 2023
Find out why she wants the four to live with her but I suspect the two at her aunt's aren't faring well there. If you love her well-enough and can afford a bigger house, then you can handle accommodating the four of them because they're orphans.

Before deciding, make an arrangement with your partner about their maintenance. She can cater for the two alone, while you support with the other two you approved of. The 17 year old should get a job, if she has already completed sec school. She isn't completely underage. The 15 year old has, at most, three years to complete sec school and can get a job thereafter. The remaining two will be like sisters to your daughter, keeping her company. The house will be full but lively.

You just have to check your pockets and have a serious conversation with your partner concerning her sisters' well-being and maintenance.

Tob456:

Please help
Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by felong(m): 4:45pm On Jul 05, 2023
Nazgul:

Well said.
Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by Engrgreat: 4:45pm On Jul 05, 2023
You are simply a means to an end. Know this and know peace
Tob456:

Please help
Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by Fuckyoumod: 4:45pm On Jul 05, 2023
Tob456:

Please help
I am a man of few words. Don't start what you can't finish... Simple!

Because, bet me, you will eventually get tired one day, and everything you have done in the past would be zero.

And people will blame you for starting In the first place. Marriage is not a suicide mission.
This is suicide.

But if you have, lol.... Just carry the cross!
How many of your brothers and sisters have you help?

The choice is yours!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by Nasri100(m): 4:48pm On Jul 05, 2023
4ward4:
They will just kill you and keep you stagnant for nothing. proper feeding of yourself and your wife a week ,cost nothing less than 10k. Imagine adding extra 4 grown up adults. Baby expenses is skyrocketing.
Saddly people never appreciate in the nearest future, you like house all of them. Tomorrow your brokenness will be discussed in the open.
Little wonder the Rich have nothing to do with the Poor, not even when it comes to marriage.

This last part. God bless you for Telling people the truth. Men are not even valued or respected if you dont have money.

A lot of People are ingrates! Only few really appreciate.

If you go broke inheriting responsibility that aint yours, na you go cry last last.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Help Me Make A Decision On What Mattress To Buy (vitafoam Or Mouka) / What Is The Most Annoying Punishment A Man Thinks He Can Give His Wife? / My First Son Arrived Today, His Name Peter Obi Akpaka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.