Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,519 members, 7,826,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It (35467 Views)

Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband / Is It Wrong Or I Am Over Reacting / My Sister Cancels Her Wedding. Is She Doing The Right Thing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by ElValiente(m): 2:51pm On Jul 05, 2023
Tob456:
I have a 7 months old daughter her mother is an orphan, she is the eldest of 7.

We broke up when she was pregnant because we had a disagreement about her siblings living arrangements.

She wanted her 4 sisters to stay with us after the wedding and I only two of them to stay with us. The problem is seeing my daughter growing in a bad environment away from me makes me feel so bad.

Whenever I visit her I feel so bad leaving her behind that I don't sleep well thinking about her all night.

I also doesn't like the idea of having kids with different mothers.

For my daughter's sake I want to get back with her mother for us to raise her together in the same house. But getting back with her means that I should also allow her 4 siblings to stay with us after the wedding.

I am doing this for my daughter's sake but I don't know if I am making a wise decision.

What do you guys think should I get back with her or forget about her and concentrate only on my daughter.

Please help

Make yourself happy. Your daughter will understand when she grow up.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by pansophist(m): 2:51pm On Jul 05, 2023
Some men just like to suffer.

I mean, why do you even allow two to join you? Your home should be for you and your wife.

If you must help, then maybe assist partly in getting their own place, and they should pay for it themselves onwards. How can you be feeding your family and also four extra people just because you married their sister?

Are you normal?

To even make matters worse, she can't even respect your reasonable decision, and is quarreling with you for doing the right thing? Why do you guys even move things forward with such women?

Nobody will make you a slave without your consent.

16 Likes

Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by Frankcasanova(m): 2:51pm On Jul 05, 2023
How sure are you that you are even the father to the 7 months old baby?

1 Like

Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by Kevineleven(m): 2:53pm On Jul 05, 2023
It's the right decision if you are financially balanced, if not, Jesus christ.
Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by tonytony208(m): 2:56pm On Jul 05, 2023
Tob456:

We broke up when she was pregnant because we had a disagreement about her siblings living arrangements.

She wanted her 4 sisters to stay with us after the wedding and I only two of them to stay with us. The problem is seeing my daughter growing in a bad environment away from me makes me feel so bad.

Whenever I visit her I feel so bad leaving her behind that I don't sleep well thinking about her all night.

For my daughter's sake I want to get back with her mother for us to raise her together in the same house. But getting back with her means that I should also allow her 4 siblings to stay with us after the wedding.

I am doing this for my daughter's sake but I don't know if I am making a wise decision.

What do you guys think should I get back with her or forget about her and concentrate only on my daughter.

Please help

Id you get back with the mother, you are a foolish man. You wjll have to stomach anything she does henceforth, none of which will be in your favor.

If she can choose her sisters over you, then you are completely unimportant to her and will live the rest of your life with her in regrets.

She kniws about your weakness, which is your daughter, and will always use that to her advantage. You will live the rest of your life submiting to her whims and caprice

If she is not a wicked being, shw wouldn't ask rhat 4! of her siblings stay with you after marriage.

1 Like

Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by Justiceleague1: 2:56pm On Jul 05, 2023
Tob456:

Please help
Come on,mehn,you don't do that!!!!! I mean,you don't separate from the mother of your own daughter simply cos of her siblings. They be all orphans,at least you knew that before digging deeper. Now you didn't only abadon your daughter,you left orphans that came destiny way out in the cold. Of you know what's good for you,you better get them back,there's always a solution to everything. You can one way make plans for accommodation even if it been a single room and you can make some contacts too,help could come.

If her siblings are young,see how they can be engaged somehow. Oja e te n ra,Oloun wa pelu yin

1 Like

Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by tonytony208(m): 2:57pm On Jul 05, 2023
madridguy:
Sincerely, my heart is troubled reading your message. Life is just full of sorrows.

Bro, if you have the resources please allow her to come in with her siblings, as the first born, she's just like mother to them.
There's lot of reward helping orphan.

Daft reasoning from a simp
Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by Mandesz(m): 2:58pm On Jul 05, 2023
Tob456:

Please help
There's nothing bad in allowing her siblings whether u av the resources or not. The only thing is make sure your wife also work ( a must) and ensure she contribute financially to many things at home. Chikena! If she doesn't have a work now let her look for one or learn a work.
The bible says whom u capable of lending helping hands, that person is your friend. Her siblings can never 4get yo good dids and bad dids to them.
When u are married don't complain to your friends or family about happenings in your home cos the advice will never help u.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by clusay(m): 3:00pm On Jul 05, 2023
I just pity you if u make this mistake of even keeping one of them. Bro focuz on ur child and train ur child well. That's a wasted investment that will ruin you . your child can never forget your dids.but you see all those your wife siblings, they will forget you and by then the resources you were suppose to use for you kid has been spent on them. No do that mistake oooo
Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by vickydevoka(m): 3:01pm On Jul 05, 2023
Tob456:

Please help
How would you get marry to a first daughter and refuse her siblings. If you are marrying ada u should know. My brother no marry en babe bcus she be ada. No body forced u. I don't marry based on pity but reality
Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by qtx(m): 3:02pm On Jul 05, 2023
Offpointng:

Do you know the most annoying thing, I don't want to know how Angelic the girl might look or seem, she'll never agree to it if the siblings were to be from the Husband's side

But I doff my hat to any guy dating a girl with so many siblings sha. If your siblings pass 2 and ur family ain't rich enough, I ain't doing no Poverty Alleviating Relationship. I'm not marrying sad
grin
Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by Ashirioluwa: 3:02pm On Jul 05, 2023
4 people are coming to live with you?

Talk to your baby mama that she should allow her siblings to stay wherever they are now and you guys can support them financially.
Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by Inyaky(f): 3:02pm On Jul 05, 2023
That lady is not serious, look for another woman, a good one o, carry your baby and look after her yourself. If were you I won't accept 2 but one of her siblings, the youngest one.

1 Like

Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by CaptainFM1: 3:03pm On Jul 05, 2023
Tob456:

Please help

You will regret it. Don't bring them to your place. Even bringing just one is difficult to accept for me. I can bet you one or more from the four will either set you up or tarnish your reputations.

1 Like

Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by vickydevoka(m): 3:03pm On Jul 05, 2023
Ab025:
How can you agree to two of your wife's sisters living with you after wedding, together with your wife....?

This is marriage and not family meeting or reunion o..

By the way, Don't they have where they are presently staying...can't they remain there after the wedding?

For your wife-to-be to even utter that statement sef.....I doubt if she really likes you or your ability to "provide".

#My own thoughts sha...
He should have known what he is going into
Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by abobote: 3:05pm On Jul 05, 2023
Don't ever succumb to her blackmail.
How can you live with 4 siblings, your wife making it 5.
You can assist them with food and rent if you can afford it, but to live with you, no

1 Like

Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by Mandesz(m): 3:06pm On Jul 05, 2023
Nazgul:
I'm going to be very honest with you. That girl is a very self centered person. She doesn't love you, she just trying to use you to give her siblings a better life.

For you to even suggest that 2 of her siblings can stay with you after marrying her and she rejected and insisted that it must be 4 should tell you the kind of person she is. She's even ok that you guys can go your separate ways if you're not ready to accommodate 4 of her siblings. Did you bother to ask her if she's ready to cater for the additional 2 she's advocating for? Is she expecting you to feed people you didn't plan for?

My brother, if you marry that girl, you'll suffer. She won't respect you, she would fight you constantly, she won't shift grounds to do anything for you, whatever decision that must stand in that marriage must come from her. Yours wouldn't even be considered. And worse of all, she and her siblings would abandon you after milking you dry.

My advice, let her be, you're not making any mistake, you're avoiding one. Catering for a wife, a daughter and 4 additional people in this era isn't funny. And if she isn't doing any reasonable job to back you up, believe me, you'll die before your time.
U don't conclude that way. Do u know the ages of the siblings. Once they're too young to cater for themselves you might prefer to be unmarried and cater for them. You don't know blood relation expecially when their is no parents.
Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by rockmite: 3:07pm On Jul 05, 2023
Guy, you are funny. For this naija weh we deh like this. You are a joke.
Another thing is the blackmail, how can she be using your daughter to push u into doing you don't want to do?
Your life ur wahala.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by Slynation(m): 3:09pm On Jul 05, 2023
Wahala...my own is that you met an orphan girl with 6 siblings and you decided to help them by giving their eldest sister a preeq to lean on...!! Now you want to break the bond between them, there parents been no more means the eldest sister is expected to know the whereabouts of her siblings, her mind won't be at rest knowing fully well she left them to go and marry...

Both of you ain't thinking at all, preeq was the last thing that was supposed to be on the mind of that girl but it is what is it...!!

Omo... whatever you decided to do, I wish you good luck, since you saw problem, hugged problem, fvcked problem and got a baby outta problem...now you are looking for advice from so many people that has one problem or the other. I will recommend your preek should help you out of the problem it kept you...
Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by jheaboiy(m): 3:11pm On Jul 05, 2023
Tob456:

Please help

I feel your pain bro buh instead of the 4 siblings moving in with you guys, if u can just get them a room n parlour sellf contained for the 4 siblings..I think it's better that way
Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by Tanjiro: 3:11pm On Jul 05, 2023
This is the realest and best advice. Just take care of your daughter in the best way you possibly can and find a better woman. Period.

Nazgul:
I'm going to be very honest with you. That girl is a very self centered person. She doesn't love you, she just trying to use you to give her siblings a better life.

For you to even suggest that 2 of her siblings can stay with you after marrying her and she rejected and insisted that it must be 4 should tell you the kind of person she is. She's even ok that you guys can go your separate ways if you're not ready to accommodate 4 of her siblings. Did you bother to ask her if she's ready to cater for the additional 2 she's advocating for? Is she expecting you to feed people you didn't plan for?

My brother, if you marry that girl, you'll suffer. She won't respect you, she would fight you constantly, she won't shift grounds to do anything for you, whatever decision that must stand in that marriage must come from her. Yours wouldn't even be considered. And worse of all, she and her siblings would abandon you after milking you dry.

My advice, let her be, you're not making any mistake, you're avoiding one. Catering for a wife, a daughter and 4 additional people in this era isn't funny. And if she isn't doing any reasonable job to back you up, believe me, you'll die before your time.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by Eagba(m): 3:12pm On Jul 05, 2023
Taking care of a girlfriend wey u dey nack na war these days. How much more taking care of your wife siblings, to make it worst, they are girls. Guy abort mission.
Girls that are most of the entitled and ungrateful being on earth. Mtcewwww

2 Likes

Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by EconomistXplain: 3:13pm On Jul 05, 2023
Kooldon:
I know a nice guy in my area that relocated to village because of this same thing.

He has 2 kids with the wife.

The wife had a boy from her previous relationship.

The wife's two sisters also joined them in a small single room apartment.
He discussed with the wife severally. She didnt accept and she is has no job

He has been sleeping in his shop for more than 2 years without touching the wife.

All of them were feeding from his pocket.

No Savings.
He couldnt pay the shop rent. He recloted to the village and the wife refused paying him a visit til date.

You stil have the final say

women are terrible ppl..follow them.only with hardliner mindsets....

forget Hollywood movies!!

1 Like

Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by Juniorangel(m): 3:13pm On Jul 05, 2023
Wait for all the sisters to get married before you marry her.

1 Like

Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by Lifted07: 3:13pm On Jul 05, 2023
Nazgul:

God bless you abundantly! The moment I read the first 7 lines of your reply I liked the comment, then I continued to read the rest. I wish I could give it more likes. That lady is foolish, selfish and insensitive. I pray the guy get the courage to let her be so she can learn her lessons the hard way.

3 Likes

Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by AgentGoat: 3:14pm On Jul 05, 2023
Davidave:
Na responsibility go kill you. RIP in advance

grin
Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by donhils: 3:15pm On Jul 05, 2023
A very selfish lady you have there. I won't agree to stay with her 2 siblings let alone 4. And seeing she left you for that reason means she doesn't love you at all. You're just like a poverty alleviation program to her. Imagine!

1 Like

Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by Mayeldah(m): 3:15pm On Jul 05, 2023
If you agree to it, she may one day accuse you of eyeing the sisters

If the lady can't prioritize her marriage over her sisters then she is not even ready to have you back

If you have enough money, rent another space for them and be sending them monthly supplies

You don enter be that.
Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by Dafresh: 3:16pm On Jul 05, 2023
The same thing is happening to one of my tenant but they man said his wife will take care of her two siblings that he won't pay their fees or buy clothes for them and the wife has been doing it for the past 2yrs
Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by drlogg: 3:17pm On Jul 05, 2023
Your pocket should guide you
Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by KendoRide: 3:18pm On Jul 05, 2023
This is pure wickedness, don’t fall for this because you’ll regret it. You contesting it means you’re truly not okay with it. It is difficult for one to care for himself and immediate family, but here you already agreed to housing her sisters.

Ask yourself, if this girl left to go be with her sisters because you refused to house extra 4 person into your home. Why are not now staying comfortably?

Including your wife is not interested in you, she wants to use your daughter against you. That girl is also her daughter.

You go go village oo
Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It by qtguru(m): 3:19pm On Jul 05, 2023
Justkatty:
Truly it won't be easy but if it can be possible for you to rent another house for them and also if they are matured enough to get a job too, so they can always support themselves.

A family of 4 are finding it difficult to feed in this economy, talk more of a family with plenty adults.
It is well
May God see you through.

Double rent ?? That's not realistic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The 3 Kids who Survived a Trailer Accident In Awka, Anambra / Woman Gives Birth On The Streets In Onitsha (photos) / Ladies: For Those Who Wish Their Mother-in-law Death - Bamisepeters' Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.