Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,120 members, 7,814,931 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? (30513 Views)

Kwara POS Operator Lavishes N280m Received In Error / POS Operator, Malam Umar, Honoured In Warri For Charging ₦‎200 For ₦‎5K / Savings In Insurance Bank or Piggybank Which One Is Advicesable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by oluwaseyi0: 1:33pm On Jul 07, 2023
Rather than reversed they approved

So the money is with the POS guys, he should check his transaction log

2 Likes

Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by Agbadocassava: 1:34pm On Jul 07, 2023
clearcrystal:
So pe o ti lor grin
E don go
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by blaquemyc: 1:34pm On Jul 07, 2023
Same thing happened to me too 2 years ago, mine was 11k. Union Bank said it was a successful transaction, POS operator said shishi dem no see. After too many back and forth, I had to let the money go.
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by ahmepic: 1:34pm On Jul 07, 2023
The transaction was successful and there is truly nothing your Bank can do about it. The POS agent should painstakingly check his transaction history and he may discovered that the money was dropped into his wallet.
The POS agent should also contact his POS provider with the details you got from the Bank and they will resolve tell him clearly where the funds in and when his wallet was credited.

3 Likes

Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by miqos02(m): 1:35pm On Jul 07, 2023
Promicah:
I performed a transaction at a Pos stand and it was declined but I was debited 2100. Immediately, I complained to the back because it's a stone throw from my residence. The customer care told me to check back in seven days that she has logged in my complaints.

After the d-day, I discovered it was not reversed. I called the customer care and I received the shocker of my life. They sent me a document which I will attach to this post that it was successful.

I went back to the post guy and narrated it to him and he said, "He didn't see any money reversed." I went back to the bank and was told they can't do anything that it was successful.

Please bankers and experienced nairalanders, what can I do to recover my 2100? I don't have any money with me and I was hoping for that money. Have I been scammed or what?

See the attached picture for clarification.

Good afternoon sir Nlf.pmod. Please help me post. I really need this money, sir. I want to know where it's coming from.
let the pos shop print their account statement for you from the time you did the transaction to seven working days after that.
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by backtovillage: 1:35pm On Jul 07, 2023
Candidlady:
Because of 2100 undecided

Na WA o

Future is female
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by ecolime(m): 1:36pm On Jul 07, 2023
It's with the POS operator. Let him print his statement.

1 Like

Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by lieutenantprime(m): 1:36pm On Jul 07, 2023

1 Like

Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by Majid1990(m): 1:37pm On Jul 07, 2023
Am seeing BAXI POS hope starting my own tomorrow won't be an issue
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by cremedelacreme: 1:37pm On Jul 07, 2023
grin
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by abbasajao(m): 1:38pm On Jul 07, 2023
Hold the blokus of the POS person

1 Like

Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by Bioxytoosure: 1:40pm On Jul 07, 2023
This same stuff happened to me as well
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by 4evayours: 1:41pm On Jul 07, 2023
Oga the money is in the bank not in POS since it showed decline and you got debited

2 Likes

Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by zedegit: 1:41pm On Jul 07, 2023
Promicah:
I performed a transaction at a Pos stand and it was declined but I was debited 2100. Immediately, I complained to the back because it's a stone throw from my residence. The customer care told me to check back in seven days that she has logged in my complaints.

After the d-day, I discovered it was not reversed. I called the customer care and I received the shocker of my life. They sent me a document which I will attach to this post that it was successful.

I went back to the post guy and narrated it to him and he said, "He didn't see any money reversed." I went back to the bank and was told they can't do anything that it was successful.

Please bankers and experienced nairalanders, what can I do to recover my 2100? I don't have any money with me and I was hoping for that money. Have I been scammed or what?

Good afternoon sir Nlf.pmod. Please help me post. I really need this money, sir. I want to know where it's coming from.

Tell the POS man to show you the transaction details that day. Check the time you made the transaction.

If he refuses to cooperate, dash him one free blow and another one on my behalf.
I hate nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by TUANKU(m): 1:41pm On Jul 07, 2023
The POS guy wan chop the 2100, simple. Diplomacy no dey work with POS people o.
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by telim: 1:42pm On Jul 07, 2023
lieutenantprime:

"Please bankers and experienced nairalanders, what can I do to recover my 2100? I don't have any money with me and I was hoping for that money. Have I been scammed or what?"
Reply with your account number. I Will send you 5k use am hold body and stop disturbing yourself.

Sorry for the mention. you are not the guy that was scammed

1 Like

Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by okelola1986(m): 1:43pm On Jul 07, 2023
May be the POS person na sales rep, but tell him to tell his boss to check his apps, it will show that the money later successful and drop, once POS wrote approved or successful the money don go, this is my 5yrs in the POS business
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by DOM7: 1:43pm On Jul 07, 2023
Exactly what happened with me with POS and zenith bank during the election,i went there three times and many people that time had same problem they keep promising me it is successful till today i forfeited the money, but some people with the same problem performed some madness to them and the bank settled them.
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by inkon: 1:43pm On Jul 07, 2023

Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by OlujobaSamuel: 1:44pm On Jul 07, 2023
Bishop1monte:
I am a POS agent, I want you to know the money was successful on that day. There are instances whereby POS shows declined and when you check in app on phone you realise it's successful. Tell the POS agent to show you details of his transaction on that fateful day
This is not always true. The pos guy might not be lying.
I will drop similar experience in a comment later

1 Like

Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by pepe1: 1:44pm On Jul 07, 2023
Promicah:

None of them scammed you, it is just one of the issues with Electronic banking.

Ask your bank for the session ID and take it to the POS operator or simply persuade the POS operator to search for your transaction on his POS transaction history and lodge a dispense error dispute to Capricorn Digital.

If the transaction is successful and not with the POS operator, then it is 'hanging' with Capricorn Digital and they won't know until a dispute is activated on the transaction by the POS operator, then they will carry out a manual refresh of the transaction and the money will drop into the wallet of the POS guy.

4 Likes

Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jul 07, 2023
Na 2,100 naira dey bring all the noise wey dey this thread so?

1 Like

Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by highness25(m): 1:45pm On Jul 07, 2023
Promicah:

Una never know these banks. That was how I was debited at a POS stand 10,200 and the transaction was declined, I went to my bank they said the transaction was successful. I went to the POS he said in all honesty that the transaction was not successful. I was just calm, the following day I entered my Bank and created a scene there to my greatest surprise the money was reversed to me. Something they said it's not in their possession oo. Fear Banks in Nigeria.

Now just imagine I received 10,500 what I'm seeing as my balance is 9k and I'm asking them where the 1,500 went to fcmb is saying I have a lien of 1,500 on my account and they can't explain what for. They will know me next week sha.
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by telim: 1:45pm On Jul 07, 2023
Promicah:

Reply with your account number. I Will send you 5k use am hold body and stop disturbing yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by pepe1: 1:46pm On Jul 07, 2023
Bishop1monte:
I am a POS agent, I want you to know the money was successful on that day. There are instances whereby POS shows declined and when you check in app on phone you realise it's successful. Tell the POS agent to show you details of his transaction on that fateful day

This is not always the case.
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 1:47pm On Jul 07, 2023
Majid1990:
Am seeing BAXI POS hope starting my own tomorrow won't be an issue
Are you planning to use Baxi.
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by Germi9: 1:47pm On Jul 07, 2023
allen113:
@Op your bank is a stone stroll from your house but you decided to patronise pos agents 🤔

The pos guy should go to his own bank and confirm too. Issues like this is why I avoid anything pos, unless is the last option available.
The bank must be very angry with him sad

1 Like

Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by AlphaWolf27: 1:48pm On Jul 07, 2023
Go back to the bank with you declined receipt. Its happened to me before.
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by onadana: 1:48pm On Jul 07, 2023
You have to be patient dealing with customer care,if a message was sent to you that it was successful then get the printout show the POS guy and ask him to print his account statement for that day.If he refuses report to the police.
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by Salowise: 1:49pm On Jul 07, 2023
I once had an issue like that, the money might not be in the pos agent's wallet, I'll advise you to contact your bank for NIBSS transaction confirmation. Also I'll advise you not to go to the bank those customers service guys knows absolutely nothing, just call their customers service and table your complaint to them they'll report it to their technical department you can also contact the pos customers service yourself by giving them your session id.
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by MrBroke(m): 1:49pm On Jul 07, 2023
The POS guy is with your dough. Just tell him to show you his statement of account on the pos machine he used for your transaction.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Top 10 Highest-earning Ceos Received N3.5bn In 2019 / Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ / USD TRANSFER WORLDWIDE, RMB to CHINA! Order on 1688, taobao, eBay & shipping

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.