Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,808 members, 7,820,833 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? (30583 Views)

Kwara POS Operator Lavishes N280m Received In Error / POS Operator, Malam Umar, Honoured In Warri For Charging ₦‎200 For ₦‎5K / Savings In Insurance Bank or Piggybank Which One Is Advicesable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by stallionng: 2:17pm On Jul 07, 2023
Request for your bank statement of account Indicating your account debit was successful take it to the POS guy to cross check his records and pay you your money straight away
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by Aemmyjah(m): 2:18pm On Jul 07, 2023
telim:

Reply with your account number. I Will send you 5k use am hold body and stop disturbing yourself.

You're a good Nigerian
The most positive thing from this thread I have seen
2100 can save someone life even if na just 1 day
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by OlujobaSamuel: 2:19pm On Jul 07, 2023
phemmyfour:
I ma telling you what this POS guys do, you are telling me about arbiter log code. Seems you ve not gotten into the hands of these dubious pos guys
Just because some POS operators are dubious do not mean everyone is.
Are bank staff not dubious? Does that mean everyone of them is?
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by Promicah: 2:20pm On Jul 07, 2023
Sir, I was not close to the house then. I needed to withdraw the money to get foodstuff from the market and then this happened.

allen113:
@Op your bank is a stone stroll from your house but you decided to patronise pos agents 🤔

The pos guy should go to his own bank and confirm too. Issues like this is why I avoid anything pos, unless is the last option available.
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by chidiokay: 2:21pm On Jul 07, 2023
Candidlady:
Because of 2100 undecided

Na WA o

Do you know how many friendship and relationship urgent 2k as destroyed in Nigeria, call 10 of your most loved friends, ask for 2k

come back n share testimony of how easy it went
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by Promicah: 2:23pm On Jul 07, 2023
Aemmyjah:

You're a good Nigerian
The most positive thing from this thread I have seen
2100 can save someone life even if na just 1 day

Good afternoon. Saw your PM sir.
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by Nyanabo(m): 2:23pm On Jul 07, 2023
Ask the POS guy to give you his statement from the date you made the transfer to the day you asked for the statement.
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by Aemmyjah(m): 2:24pm On Jul 07, 2023
Promicah:

Good afternoon. Saw your PM sir.

Oh
I made a comment
2 comments
Pls, What is pm?
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by Promicah: 2:25pm On Jul 07, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Oh
I made a comment
2 comments
Pls, What is pm?

PM stands for private message, sir.
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by Dshocker(m): 2:25pm On Jul 07, 2023
post=124271970:
IS HERE And Following The Thread

Since today, nobody has died?

Better you find someone around you to kill, so we would get death update from you.
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by Yabsun(m): 2:25pm On Jul 07, 2023
ahmepic:
The transaction was successful and there is truly nothing your Bank can do about it. The POS agent should painstakingly check his transaction history and he may discovered that the money was dropped into his wallet.
The POS agent should also contact his POS provider with the details you got from the Bank and they will resolve tell him clearly where the funds in and when his wallet was credited.
OP, do exact this and if the POS guy is sincere, you’ll get your money. Exact case of yours happened to me and that was the step I took. Let your bank provide the transaction ID for you and share with the POS guy. The guy will provide it the POS provider and you’ll get your money back through your bank account provided.
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by Promicah: 2:26pm On Jul 07, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Oh
I made a comment
2 comments
Pls, What is pm?

PM stands for private message, sir.
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by olisefom: 2:26pm On Jul 07, 2023
This is called merchant copy. It is issued by the bank to cover up their negligence. Pos doesn't reverse money and money.
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by bigtt76(f): 2:27pm On Jul 07, 2023
Did you request for the slip generated by the POS showing Declined? If you did, send a strong email to card services at your bank including the slip as part of the email.

Sad but most POS devices are poorly implemented resulting in issues like this. They ought to be able to requery the transaction to get you debited (possible this was done after your left just to swindle you). You can check the time the transaction was declined against the document shared with you by your bank and see if the two timestamps match. If it doesn't say a difference of 2-5 minutes after you left the stand, then you've been swindled.

Promicah:
I performed a transaction at a Pos stand and it was declined but I was debited 2100. Immediately, I complained to the back because it's a stone throw from my residence. The customer care told me to check back in seven days that she has logged in my complaints.

After the d-day, I discovered it was not reversed. I called the customer care and I received the shocker of my life. They sent me a document which I will attach to this post that it was successful.

I went back to the post guy and narrated it to him and he said, "He didn't see any money reversed." I went back to the bank and was told they can't do anything that it was successful.

Please bankers and experienced nairalanders, what can I do to recover my 2100? I don't have any money with me and I was hoping for that money. Have I been scammed or what?

See the attached picture for clarification.

Good afternoon sir Nlf.pmod. Please help me post. I really need this money, sir. I want to know where it's coming from.
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by Majesty33(m): 2:27pm On Jul 07, 2023
I guess the transaction is hanging in between and will suggest that you pressurize the POS guy and your bank cos its either hanging in their respective bank. I m a victim of such transaction, i transferred 3k to someone and it showed successful in my bank and was recorded in my account statement so after much pressure from me to my bank, my bank reversed the money back to me it could be your bank.
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by Candidlady: 2:29pm On Jul 07, 2023
chidiokay:

Do you know how many friendship and relationship urgent 2k as destroyed in Nigeria, call 10 of your most loved friends, ask for 2k

come back n share testimony of how easy it went

10 multiply by 2 is 20

Yaro a call can get me that amount Idont need to call 10 persons
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by sp2002(m): 2:32pm On Jul 07, 2023
OkayDaddy:
Not a problem.

Tell your bank to provide you with the session code of the transaction. Once given to you, give the receiver to share it with his/her bank.
That way, they can pull the transaction and it will drop in the receiver's account.
this I once did and up till this moment, I am neither credited as a reversal from Carbon bank nor the reciever ( UBA account holder) credited. Money in question is 15k for over 2months now
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by RosyIsBlessed: 2:36pm On Jul 07, 2023
Currently have similar problem where I bought something in the supermarket. My bank has said nothing yet till I mean them.
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by chinos20(m): 2:43pm On Jul 07, 2023
Promicah:
I performed a transaction at a Pos stand and it was declined but I was debited 2100. Immediately, I complained to the back because it's a stone throw from my residence. The customer care told me to check back in seven days that she has logged in my complaints.

After the d-day, I discovered it was not reversed. I called the customer care and I received the shocker of my life. They sent me a document which I will attach to this post that it was successful.

I went back to the post guy and narrated it to him and he said, "He didn't see any money reversed." I went back to the bank and was told they can't do anything that it was successful.

Please bankers and experienced nairalanders, what can I do to recover my 2100? I don't have any money with me and I was hoping for that money. Have I been scammed or what?

Good afternoon sir Nlf.pmod. Please help me post. I really need this money, sir. I want to know where it's coming from.
Tell the POS agent to bring his statement of account or give you your money immediately.
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by Promicah: 2:47pm On Jul 07, 2023
Sir, if e easy for you no mean say e easy for others. To me that money nig now wey I broke.

Buddha3:
Na 2,100 naira dey bring all the noise wey dey this thread so?
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by professore(m): 2:47pm On Jul 07, 2023
OkayDaddy:
Not a problem.

Tell your bank to provide you with the session code of the transaction. Once given to you, give the receiver to share it with his/her bank.
That way, they can pull the transaction and it will drop in the receiver's account.
nice
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by dajan03: 2:48pm On Jul 07, 2023
I have a POS too. The pos operator should go the bank with u to prove the money is not with him. I twice had similar issues like this. I went to the bank and told them to prove where the money is in my account and they couldn't. They had to reverse the money to my customers but it took a while
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by TimelineMag: 2:56pm On Jul 07, 2023
I have this issue before. Ask the POS agent to print and give to you both copies of the transaction. That is CUSTOMER' S copy and MERCHANT'S copy and you will discover that it was declined in your customer' s copy but successful in merchant's copy. Your money has been debited from your account and retained with the POS agent's account. If POS agents prints out his statement he will see the money there.lt does not need reversal it was retained.
If you go further and ask your bank it showed successful from their end.
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by olusma23(m): 2:58pm On Jul 07, 2023
Request for the transaction ID from your bank and take it to the POS operator to Also lodged the complain to his/her bank with the transaction ID.
The money might be hanging on the POS bank.

Printing of SOA won't solve it.
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by Doctortest: 2:59pm On Jul 07, 2023
Your poor mentality is what has kept u at this pooint
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by gentility411(m): 3:02pm On Jul 07, 2023
Candidlady:
Because of 2100 undecided

Na WA o

Bros i challenge u, 2100 na money ool. If na change to u, pay bak d guy d 2100 na? Make i know say u be odogwu
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by phemmyfour: 3:03pm On Jul 07, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:

Just because some POS operators are dubious do not mean everyone is.
Are bank staff not dubious ? Does that mean everyone of them is?
Bank staff have their job at stake. Besides, when 2-3 bank customer care are giving you the same feedback. Common sense should tell you that the issue is at the other end.
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by xtivin(m): 3:05pm On Jul 07, 2023
post=124271970:
IS HERE And Following The Thread
Bad news scout grin

1 Like

Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by harmargedon: 3:09pm On Jul 07, 2023
Promicah:

tell the pos operator to print out the statement of account, that's the only evidence or proof that he didn't receive the money.
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by Eguwepaul: 3:13pm On Jul 07, 2023
Who uses ATM card, for POS. while not do bank transfers.😂
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by Tonytonex(m): 3:14pm On Jul 07, 2023
All of them are the same.
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by joseph032: 3:17pm On Jul 07, 2023
Same thing happen to me with GT Bank. 8300

I ask for the account number the money enter. Guess What, the money don't enter the POS Money point account But to a Zenith Bank account. So was told the ZENITH Bank House that POS account that they will write to Zenith Back for refund. This is 3 Month Now. Gone to Bank for 5 time now. Before I finally forgot about the money. The Bank Stress isn't worth it
Cutezt:
OP just forget that money, the same thing happened to me with Wema bank about 2 months ago. I went to the fuel station to get fuel and used my card to pay, it was declined but i was debited 4200, i was given the POS slip with declined boldly written on it, just in case i need it, so we tried another POS and this one went through. I sent a mail to Wema customer care about it and they replied after a whooping 27 days saying the transaction was successful. Thank God i had the transaction slip showing declined, so i snapped and mailed it back to them, it took another 3 weeks for them to reply, saying the transaction was successful and i should go back to the fuel station and ask for the money. Something that was almost clocking 2 months already, they wont even remember me, moreover, it was not even close to my house, it was just a roadside station far from me. I mailed them back saying i want a chargeback and they were telling me there was nothing they could do. These banks are thieves now. As for that wema bank, since that day, they have not seen my 1 naira in their bank again.

This country is useless, i thought all failed debit was supposed to be settled with our banks? so what exactly is our business with POS agents? These people are being dubiouse. So if i am traveling to Enugu and all this happened while on transit, does that mean i should travel back to the state to ask for my money?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fire Outbreak Around UBA Building Dugbe, Ibadan (Video) / POS Operator Returns Cash To FCMB Cashier That Overpaid Him With N100k (photos) / People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.