Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,277 members, 7,815,468 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? (30522 Views)

Kwara POS Operator Lavishes N280m Received In Error / POS Operator, Malam Umar, Honoured In Warri For Charging ₦‎200 For ₦‎5K / Savings In Insurance Bank or Piggybank Which One Is Advicesable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by Dagenius53: 3:21pm On Jul 07, 2023
Tell your bank to provide you the arbitar log code for the said transaction, then give the code to the POS guy to present to his bank. Very simple
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by DesChyko: 3:22pm On Jul 07, 2023
post=124271970:
IS HERE And Following The Thread

Damn.. OP, your money don loss 🥲

1 Like

Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by Promicah: 3:23pm On Jul 07, 2023
DesChyko:

Damn.. OP, your money don loss 🥲

Really, sir😥😥😥😥
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by OlujobaSamuel: 3:25pm On Jul 07, 2023
phemmyfour:
Bank staff have their job at stake. Besides, when 2-3 bank customer care are giving you the same feedback. Common sense should tell you that the issue is at the other end.
So a pos dude feeding from it with his residence likely close to the business post is not having anything at stake?
What Commonsense affirms that the 3bank staff can't be wrong?
Why do some people get such money back whenever they create scene within banking hall despite having gone to the bank making complaints multiple times with no positive response?
Any transaction that the bank can't supply you the log code immediately is obviously having issues which is beyond the POS operator.
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by eghuan1(m): 3:27pm On Jul 07, 2023
Promicah:
I performed a transaction at a Pos stand and it was declined but I was debited 2100. Immediately, I complained to the back because it's a stone throw from my residence. The customer care told me to check back in seven days that she has logged in my complaints.

After the d-day, I discovered it was not reversed. I called the customer care and I received the shocker of my life. They sent me a document which I will attach to this post that it was successful.

I went back to the post guy and narrated it to him and he said, "He didn't see any money reversed." I went back to the bank and was told they can't do anything that it was successful.

Please bankers and experienced nairalanders, what can I do to recover my 2100? I don't have any money with me and I was hoping for that money. Have I been scammed or what?

See the attached picture for clarification.

Good afternoon sir Nlf.pmod. Please help me post. I really need this money, sir. I want to know where it's coming from.

Sorry i'm replying late, though i saw this post sometime ago.

this print out the bank gave you simply means the POS transaction was successful from their end, meaning money was successfully withdrawn from your account but it was not successfully credited into the POS account.

The POS operator was supposed to make a report to the company that owns that POS who will then contact NIBSS for a reversal of funds.

my advise, go to the POS operator to lodge a complaint through his company.
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by DesChyko: 3:28pm On Jul 07, 2023
Promicah:

Really, sir😥😥😥😥

is never good news 🥲

2 Likes

Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by telim: 3:30pm On Jul 07, 2023
Promicah:

Oooh Thank sir. This is it. It really pained me sir.
sent
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by kayone6237(m): 3:32pm On Jul 07, 2023
True to be told, most of those bank staff don't know what they are doing, in most cases, they shifted the blame on pos operator if you put too much pressure on them, something like this happen to me sometimes ago, the customer care staff told me it was successful but it was reversed before I get to back to the pos operator
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by OlujobaSamuel: 3:34pm On Jul 07, 2023
joseph032:
Same thing happen to me with GT Bank. 8300

I ask for the account number the money enter. Guess What, the money don't enter the POS Money point account But to a Zenith Bank account. So was told the ZENITH Bank House that POS account that they will write to Zenith Back for refund. This is 3 Month Now. Gone to Bank for 5 time now. Before I finally forgot about the money. The Bank Stress isn't worth it
God bless you, some people are still insisting that the POS guy is the one holding the money.
During cash crisis, I sent money to an Access account, the money never dropped and the customer was disturbing me, I gave her the session id, but she claimed she is tired of going to the bank. I later persuaded her to, the money dropped to her account in the evening of that same day, after about 3wks.
You can get your money.
Mail your bank and copy CBN.
Check for CBN customer care support mail on Google or CBN website.
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by Sharpsharp00123: 3:38pm On Jul 07, 2023
Ademola47:
I think the problem is with the POS guy. Tell him to show you the transaction history on the particular POS machine he used for the transaction. Check the date and time if you'll see the transaction as "successful".

If not, my guy, e be like say your money don hang o
its not with d pos guy, for bank to acknowledge d fact that they have logged complaints for d guy means they have seen d money on their system

Telling him to wait till 7 days means d money is with them, I have had this same issue with customer before, he bought goods worth 89k n he used Pos n got debited, he lodge complain in bank n after 7 working days he came back to meet me that the bank told him d money is with me

I followed him to d bank, presented transaction id n they agreed d money is with them
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by Chetas81(m): 3:42pm On Jul 07, 2023
Nigeria was occupied by criminals called citizen
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by shem4soul: 3:45pm On Jul 07, 2023
Promicah:
I performed a transaction at a Pos stand and it was declined but I was debited 2100. Immediately, I complained to the back because it's a stone throw from my residence. The customer care told me to check back in seven days that she has logged in my complaints.

After the d-day, I discovered it was not reversed. I called the customer care and I received the shocker of my life. They sent me a document which I will attach to this post that it was successful.

I went back to the post guy and narrated it to him and he said, "He didn't see any money reversed." I went back to the bank and was told they can't do anything that it was successful.

Please bankers and experienced nairalanders, what can I do to recover my 2100? I don't have any money with me and I was hoping for that money. Have I been scammed or what?

Good afternoon sir Nlf.pmod. Please help me post. I really need this money, sir. I want to know where it's coming from.

I Ve a pos outlet... sometimes it happens like that, failed from d POS and sucesful from bank...if truly it is sucesful from d bank..then ask the bank for d log code...then take it to d POS...on d POS machine the guy will apply for refund...then ur money will b refunded ...d POS agent did not steal ur Money

1 Like

Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by Compliant(m): 3:49pm On Jul 07, 2023
Bought Airpeace returned ticket for 128,000 with my card and it was transaction successful but did not get the ticket in my email so I had to visit Airpeace office here in abuja. Was told the transaction failed and I should contact my bank.
To cut the long story short, I went to the bank and was giving a printout that it was successful, went back to Airpeace with the printout and was told nothing dropped in their account.

I finally sent a mail to my bank that they will hear from my lawyer soon if they don’t reverse my money within 3days.

That same night, the bank refunded my money.

It may not be the Pos guy

1 Like

Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by NoToPile: 3:51pm On Jul 07, 2023
I just feel sometimes these monies hang somewhere in between and if you don't pursue it otilooor.

It gets debited and is successful from your banks end but the money doesn't drop into POS account.

I have lost about 6000 to this matters.

2 weeks back I withdrew 10k from a moniepoint pos at Alaba int with my Gtb card, it was declined and I was debited of the 10200 and I just used it to pay for goods at another shop not up to 5mins.

Worst part there was no paper to print from the POS she asked for my acc details and filled a form on the POS for reversal.

On my way home less than got my 10200 reversal in about 20mins. I was happy ehn.

Last year I tried withdrawing 5k from my POS customer, it showed declined what I didn't know was I was debited and the POS lady's account was later credited. I didn't get alert and I didn't even know 5k was removed from my acc. About 6 weeks later she saw me and said she had been looking for me that she thinks my card was debited that day and we would need to confirm it was me.

I guess when they were balancing account for that day they saw excess 5k. I brought my atm card and we confirmed the first and last 4 numbers I think and it was the same as that particular transaction. She gave me the 5k I was surprised honestly.
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by maxist2020(m): 3:52pm On Jul 07, 2023
Did the POS guy log the dispute using your phone? If he didn't just know that the money was reversed to the POS. If he had used it phone number you would have gotten message from Baxi POS that the money has been reversed.
Go to the POS guy your money is with him,and if he doubt it let him call the POS customer service and put it on loud speaker in your presence.
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by olaniyilukman(m): 4:05pm On Jul 07, 2023
sketcherJ:
Hmmn. It’s not supposed to be this difficult. Normally banks would check and if it actually failed they would refund it to your acccount.

The money gotta land somewhere. I’d say it is in the POS Guy’s account. Either he is being dubious or his bank got issues. Advise the POS person to go to the bank too.

If he insists, then just forget the cash. And don’t carry out transactions there anymore.
bro, you have limited knowledge on how financial transaction operate, as for the guy he should request for the arbiter log code from the bank and give it to the POS agent to give to their support to trace the transaction... Things like this is normal but Nigeria supposed to have moved past this age....
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by Pootle: 4:06pm On Jul 07, 2023
na that pos guy hold ur money
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by chidiokay: 4:06pm On Jul 07, 2023
Candidlady:

10 multiply by 2 is 20

Yaro a call can get me that amount Idont need to call 10 persons

Yeah ! i can relate one loved person can do that

Luck you cherish that someone, its so cold outside
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by Kayrich2122(m): 4:06pm On Jul 07, 2023
Did you collect the old receipt, if yes go collect the new one and if the both receipt is different, my brother collect your money from pos
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by olaniyilukman(m): 4:07pm On Jul 07, 2023
maxist2020:
Did the POS guy log the dispute using your phone? If he didn't just know that the money was reversed to the POS. If he had used it phone number you would have gotten message from Baxi POS that the money has been reversed.
Go to the POS guy your money is with him,and if he doubt it let him call the POS customer service and put it on loud speaker in your presence.
All these novice, stop saying what you don't know
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by olaniyilukman(m): 4:12pm On Jul 07, 2023
shem4soul:

I Ve a pos outlet... sometimes it happens like that, failed from d POS and sucesful from bank...if truly it is sucesful from d bank..then ask the bank for d log code...then take it to d POS...on d POS machine the guy will apply for refund...then ur money will b refunded ...d POS agent did not still ur Money
Bro, God bless you oh, help me tell all those novice oh and stop accusing the innocent pos of fraud
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by philipobiz: 4:16pm On Jul 07, 2023
Promicah:

The receipt you bank printed that you displayed is enough proof that the money left your account and was successfully sent to the POS institutions/bank. A glitch cursed the decline, hence did not reflect in the POS operator's account.
Step to resolve it.
1. POS operator gets a copy of the receipt from you
2. Sends it to his bank/institution or logs the transactor on his machine if there is a provision for refund
3. The bank/institution use the receipt to track the transaction and send it to the operator's POS account.(This process takes place within 4 days)
4. The POS operator contact you to get your money or send it to your account.
Most of the POS operator's lack the knowledge to solve such problems due to lack of training. That is why their first line of defence is to tell you it's not in their POS account.
Pls go back there an tell him exactly what to do. Or show him this steps. Or ask to speak with his institution
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by Assetosky(m): 4:21pm On Jul 07, 2023
Bacteria8:
The Bank have a lot to answer.

I mean the girl at the bank said she has entered the complain and that you should wait 7 days... If it was successful she would have seen it immediately instead of entering the complaint. And would have directed you back to the POS.

Except ofcos the bank girl is just plainly incompetent!!!

Best response.
Once they check, they immediately know whether it was successful or not. So asking him to wait 7 days affirms it wasn't successful
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by maxist2020(m): 4:22pm On Jul 07, 2023
olaniyilukman:
All these novice, stop saying what you don't know

I suspect you are the POS guy.
And for your information I use baxi box and there reversal is in two ways, either it comes back to the your account or it enters the POS.
Now the guy must log dispute using the alert phone number and when this is done the dispute will be resolved with 72hrs and when it is reversed both the POS agent and the customer will get message that the dispute has been resolved, if the money is in the customers account the agent will be told so in the SMS and if the money is reversed to the Bax POS the customer will be told to go and meet the agent and collect his money.
That is why I said for them to clear it they should call baxi POS customer care and they will sort it out.
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by maxist2020(m): 4:27pm On Jul 07, 2023
philipobiz:

The receipt you bank printed that you displayed is enough proof that the money left your account and was successfully sent to the POS institutions/bank. A glitch cursed the decline, hence did not reflect in the POS operator's account.
Step to resolve it.
1. POS operator gets a copy of the receipt from you
2. Sends it to his bank/institution or logs the transactor on his machine if there is a provision for refund
3. The bank/institution use the receipt to track the transaction and send it to the operator's POS account.(This process takes place within 4 days)
4. The POS operator contact you to get your money or send it to your account.
Most of the POS operator's lack the knowledge to solve such problems due to lack of training. That is why their first line of defence is to tell you it's not in their POS account.
Pls go back there an tell him exactly what to do. Or show him this steps. Or ask to speak with his institution

Exactly my point I use baxi POS and in baxi they don't request for transaction ID the only request for alert SIM of the customer.
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by Ayodeoba: 4:39pm On Jul 07, 2023
At op kindly show us the receipt of the transaction from the pos agent or he didn’t give you receipt? From there we would get a solution
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by tunize(m): 4:42pm On Jul 07, 2023
Candidlady:
Because of 2100 undecided

Na WA o

You can gift him the cash to save his time and stress.
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by Ayodeoba: 4:46pm On Jul 07, 2023
Buddha3:
Na 2,100 naira dey bring all the noise wey dey this thread so?
hahahaha
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by adeememman(m): 4:47pm On Jul 07, 2023
I experienced something similar, in this case the POS machine belong to Accelerex or something, transaction declined I was debited but never got a reversal, the money was not also remitted to the guy's terminal. On getting to the bank I was told the transaction went through so I asked for statement of my account as evidence. I approached the POS operator and asked that he mailed the company that gave him POS which he did and they letter credited his wallet after few weeks so since that day I learnt another lesson not to use just any POS. I think in his case any transaction will first drop in his POS company account and since the transaction had hiccups, they didn't process it manually so he didn't see the money on his wallet hence his stance.
Only POS given by commercial banks and few others have a means to track transactions and get it solved quickly.
I will suggest you take my approach, get your statement and approach him to contact the company that gave him the POS.
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by Gabriel459(m): 5:02pm On Jul 07, 2023
Na small challenge. Tell the pos guy to fill refund request from his terminal(supply him ur acct details). Then his bank will credit you
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by Promicah: 5:26pm On Jul 07, 2023
telim:
set
Sir telim. You are heaven sent. God bless you so much. You will never lack and your children and family will never see shame. God bless you above more than you expect. Thank you so much.
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by PrinceGallant: 5:40pm On Jul 07, 2023
Your bank has power to send a message to the Financial institution that issued the terminal to the POS agent, collaborate with them and if truly the money is in POS account, then a CHARGEBACK is put onto his account, and your account is debited.

Alternatively, let the POS agent show you the transaction of that day, you can see your own with the last four digits of your ATM card, check it and see if it was successful or failed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ / USD TRANSFER WORLDWIDE, RMB to CHINA! Order on 1688, taobao, eBay & shipping / Blogger Seun Oloketuyi Arrested For False Publications About Bank CEOs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.