Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,595 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

Ahmed Yerima Gives Update On The 14-Year-Old Girl He Married In 2010 - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ahmed Yerima Gives Update On The 14-Year-Old Girl He Married In 2010 (57544 Views)

VIDEO: Ahmed Yerima Gives Update On 13-Year-Old Girl He Married In 2010. / Peter Obi Was In Haiti In 2010 After The Earthquake / Ahmed Yerima Plans To Succeed Buhari As President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ahmed Yerima Gives Update On The 14-Year-Old Girl He Married In 2010 by Dybala11(m): 10:28pm On Jul 08, 2023
BadMaster:
Of course, hypocrites will condemn him for marrying a girl of 14-years old. But I can assure you that, here in Nigeria, it's practically impossible to find a 14-year old girl that's still a virgin, especially in the South.

So, the question is, who are those defiling these young girls?
So according to you, we should praise him for getting married to and defiling a 14 year old girl right??
Do you think that the cure to waywardness among the underaged children is to force them into early marriage??
How many of the females in your family got married at age 14??
Praise what you're preaching bro, marry your daughter(s) off at age 14 when you become a father.
Re: Ahmed Yerima Gives Update On The 14-Year-Old Girl He Married In 2010 by DaddyJapan(m): 10:42pm On Jul 08, 2023
Omoawoke:

Hmmmm, I was hating the man for marrying a 14 years old girl.
But when I saw the part you mentioned if he had married a fellow man, US, Canada and the rest would have praised him.

Las las, all laws are man made.

His society supports him to marry a 14 years old girl, but forbids gay marriage.
Another forbids marriage to 14 years old but supports gay marriage.
And the catholic pope and rest sleep with underage boys and nothing happen

Child marriage is also a problem in certain communities in the U.S too.
Don't take my word for it, do a bit of digging when you can find time. cool

A nonprofit called Unchained at Last compiled statistics for marriages from 2000 to 2012. They discovered that in 38 states, more than 167,000 children — almost all of them girls, some as young as 12 — were married during that period, mostly to men 18 or older. It is estimated that the total number of children wed in America between 2000 and 2010 was nearly 248,000. At least 31 percent were married to a spouse age 21 or older, although the actual number is probably higher, as some states did not provide spousal ages. These marriages occurred even in states that have statutory rape laws.
Source: https://www.robertreeveslaw.com/blog/12-year-olds-married/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Yerima Gives Update On The 14-Year-Old Girl He Married In 2010 by miraclea: 11:20pm On Jul 08, 2023
Is Yerima now telling Nigerians to go and marry children
Re: Ahmed Yerima Gives Update On The 14-Year-Old Girl He Married In 2010 by 1Sharon(f): 12:05am On Jul 09, 2023
shortgun:

The only reason fakes exist is cos there are originals out there.

Ofcos I was intensely attracted to the girls that's how I got to know their status, I had to let them be when I realised they were pure.
I didn't have any intentions of getting married to any of them either or anything serious, it's was all for fun n games.

You took their word for it? Okay!
Re: Ahmed Yerima Gives Update On The 14-Year-Old Girl He Married In 2010 by shortgun(m): 12:25am On Jul 09, 2023
1Sharon:

You took their word for it? Okay!
I didn't say anything about what they said, I said I confirmed personally.
Re: Ahmed Yerima Gives Update On The 14-Year-Old Girl He Married In 2010 by HeroicMeastro: 1:47am On Jul 09, 2023
shortgun:

Oga shut up, if you are ready to bet with a million naira I will provide 2 virgin girls that are students of a university in the south east that I know personally and have confirmed their status.
One is 19, the other is 26.

😆 😂
You mean this our southeast wey dem advertise kpekus even for market?
Re: Ahmed Yerima Gives Update On The 14-Year-Old Girl He Married In 2010 by Wkaay(m): 3:50am On Jul 09, 2023
Congratulations
Re: Ahmed Yerima Gives Update On The 14-Year-Old Girl He Married In 2010 by Roon9(m): 6:28am On Jul 09, 2023
saysoo:
Am a christain and I think Islam has kept our society moraly up than Christainity.

Ode
Re: Ahmed Yerima Gives Update On The 14-Year-Old Girl He Married In 2010 by shortgun(m): 8:27am On Jul 09, 2023
HeroicMeastro:

😆 😂
You mean this our southeast wey dem advertise kpekus even for market?
Let's stake a million each to find out.
You game?
Re: Ahmed Yerima Gives Update On The 14-Year-Old Girl He Married In 2010 by ZINNYBANKS: 8:44am On Jul 09, 2023
shortgun:

Oga shut up, if you are ready to bet with a million naira I will provide 2 virgin girls that are students of a university in the south east that I know personally and have confirmed their status.

You have confirm their status, how.?
Re: Ahmed Yerima Gives Update On The 14-Year-Old Girl He Married In 2010 by olab059(m): 9:09am On Jul 09, 2023
demmie1:

The point is you have been wrongly program to believe something is wrong because it's not practised around you. Do you know age of consent in Japan is 13yrs?
From historical records, Yoruba girl becomes a woman around 16 to 17 years old and till 1960s they still get married before the age of 19, ask your grandmother.
Marriage age has been shifted upwards because of educational and economic needs, it doesn't mean marrying at earlier age is so wrong

This has nothing to do with programing. If you currently have a daughter, niece, or cousin that is 14, you won't be saying what you're saying. Do you know how fragile the mind and body of a 14 year old girl is? This isn't back in the day when people went to the farm early and became rugged early. This is 2023. A 14 year old girl's mind is definitely not ready for marriage, especially with a man of 50 years old.
Re: Ahmed Yerima Gives Update On The 14-Year-Old Girl He Married In 2010 by xpansion(m): 10:26am On Jul 09, 2023
shortgun:

How did u confirm their status biko
Re: Ahmed Yerima Gives Update On The 14-Year-Old Girl He Married In 2010 by Abdulhakeem7(m): 11:19am On Jul 09, 2023
Max24:

You too think with your brains and answer the question. Leadership should be by example. A political leader should show good example to his followers. You don't need to marry an underage before you help them. Must Yerima sleep with the girl to send her to school? Many Oyinbos grant scholarship to citizens without sexually exploiting them. Spending on the girl does not justify the child abuse.
There's nothing like child abuse here, Yerima never said he married her so that he can help her but married her because he wanted her as a wife and the choice is his.
Re: Ahmed Yerima Gives Update On The 14-Year-Old Girl He Married In 2010 by ogascomax: 11:20am On Jul 09, 2023
saysoo:
Am a christain and I think Islam has kept our society moraly up than Christainity.

You spoke as a known christian because even Muslims you won't see them condemning killings by Muslims let alone talking this rubbish.
Re: Ahmed Yerima Gives Update On The 14-Year-Old Girl He Married In 2010 by Abdulhakeem7(m): 11:23am On Jul 09, 2023
Madmohamed1:
can this rapist allow his daughter Marry in that age
You didn't read the article well. He mentioned that his daughter that married at age 16 is doing her PhD now. So there's no much difference between 14 and 16
Re: Ahmed Yerima Gives Update On The 14-Year-Old Girl He Married In 2010 by ogascomax: 11:24am On Jul 09, 2023
b3llo:
I said this in fellowship some days ago and they almost skinned me alive.

Because you don't have sense. Many of you don't have sense and always talking nonsense. Someone like you that we be talking rubbish about your family. With Al the atrocities by Muslims around the world you will still compare us and them. Shame on you.
Re: Ahmed Yerima Gives Update On The 14-Year-Old Girl He Married In 2010 by ogascomax: 11:26am On Jul 09, 2023
saysoo:
you just proved it.

Have you seen christian killing anyone with the name of Christianity. You no wise jor.
Re: Ahmed Yerima Gives Update On The 14-Year-Old Girl He Married In 2010 by shortgun(m): 11:32am On Jul 09, 2023
xpansion:

How did u confirm their status biko
Just as everyone else.
Re: Ahmed Yerima Gives Update On The 14-Year-Old Girl He Married In 2010 by kingthreat(m): 11:42am On Jul 09, 2023
Dybala11:

And who told you that he didn't touch her when she was 14??
What evidence do you have to support the claims that he waited until she was 16??
You believe that a man that got erection at the sight of a 14 year old will wait for the said 14 year old to get to 16 before laying with her??
Is the age of consent in Nigeria 16??

I put it to you sir, you're either a paedophile or a paedophile apologist. The girl getting a masters degree or not does not validate what happened, he got married to and probably have the carnal knowledge of a minor, simple as ABC.
On your last sentence, if 14 year olds are having sex according to your statement or not, it still doesn't validate getting married to or having carnal knowledge of a minor, there's no justification for it under the Nigerian constitution. May God help your soul.

I am not a paedophile apologist. 50% of females lose their virginity under 16 especially these days of high sexual promiscuity. In every country, there is an age of consent. Some is 16, some it is 15 and some it is 18. Yerima should not have been allowed to marry her if she was below the age of consent, but trust lawless Nigeria.
On the age of consent, it differs by state. At a time in Akwa Ibom, it was 15 don't know if it is changed.
Re: Ahmed Yerima Gives Update On The 14-Year-Old Girl He Married In 2010 by Obaaderemi2: 11:44am On Jul 09, 2023
Successdude:

You be mumuu .....

Wu told you there aren't 30 year old virgins ?

U be classical mumuu
You can't find virgins at 14 where he came from in the north. They've all been defiled by alhajis or married off at 12.
Re: Ahmed Yerima Gives Update On The 14-Year-Old Girl He Married In 2010 by Obaaderemi2: 11:46am On Jul 09, 2023
kingthreat:

I am not a paedophile apologist. 50% of females lose their virginity under 16 especially these days of high sexual promiscuity. In every country, there is an age of consent. Some is 16, some it is 15 and some it is 18. Yerima should not have been allowed to marry her if she was below the age of consent, but trust lawless Nigeria.
On the age of consent, it differs by state. At a time in Akwa Ibom, it was 15 don't know if it is changed.
In Japan it is 13.

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Yerima Gives Update On The 14-Year-Old Girl He Married In 2010 by saysoo: 12:21pm On Jul 09, 2023
What then are Nigerian's year of consent in the constitution?
O do not think he started having canal knowledge of the girl, rather kind of betrothed. Even Christians do that.
Re: Ahmed Yerima Gives Update On The 14-Year-Old Girl He Married In 2010 by Dybala11(m): 1:16pm On Jul 09, 2023
kingthreat:

Well the best thing we can do is to try and educate those young girls on the dangers of the immoral acts they're or want to engage in. Parents also have a huge role to play in this regard, it doesn't end with the parents alone sha.

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Yerima Gives Update On The 14-Year-Old Girl He Married In 2010 by obrian888: 2:04pm On Jul 09, 2023
BadMaster:
Of course, hypocrites will condemn him for marrying a girl of 14-years old. But I can assure you that, here in Nigeria, it's practically impossible to find a 14-year old girl that's still a virgin, especially in the South.

So, the question is, who are those defiling these young girls?

Especially in the south? you must be drunk, there are no virgins in the North, they should not deceive anybody, that is why they rush to marry them early because they know very well that it is difficult to find a virgin there. if they are sure they are have virgins of 17,18,19 years they will wait for them, and marry them at an older age, foolish hypocrite northerners.
Re: Ahmed Yerima Gives Update On The 14-Year-Old Girl He Married In 2010 by obrian888: 2:12pm On Jul 09, 2023
b3llo:
I said this in fellowship some days ago and they almost skinned me alive.

You must be a very foolish Christian to support this statement, people who kill your fellow Christian for not following their demonic God who sent them to kill people are now the model society should embrace for good.

2 Likes

Re: Ahmed Yerima Gives Update On The 14-Year-Old Girl He Married In 2010 by Successdude(m): 7:17pm On Jul 09, 2023
Obaaderemi2:
You can't find virgins at 14 where he came from in the north. They've all been defiled by alhajis or married off at 12.
abi
Re: Ahmed Yerima Gives Update On The 14-Year-Old Girl He Married In 2010 by 9jaRealist: 11:32pm On Jul 09, 2023
Kaytixy:
the Egyptian government is not against it and their religion which is Islam is not against it so why are people complaining?

We’re not Egyptians….
And the Senator lives in Nigeria, not Egypt!
>

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Yerima Gives Update On The 14-Year-Old Girl He Married In 2010 by Omoawoke: 11:47pm On Jul 09, 2023
DaddyJapan:

Child marriage is also a problem in certain communities in the U.S too.
Don't take my word for it, do a bit of digging when you can find time. cool

Source: https://www.robertreeveslaw.com/blog/12-year-olds-married/

Believe me, I learnt something new
Re: Ahmed Yerima Gives Update On The 14-Year-Old Girl He Married In 2010 by Odani: 4:40am On Jul 10, 2023
Chenu60:
VIDEO: Ahmed Yerima Gives Current Update On 14 Year's Old Girl He Married In 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9IvwtsB1EY

Former Zamfara State Governor, Ahmed Sani Yerima has said that the 14-year-old Egyptian girl he married in 2010, when he was 49 is now doing her masters degree .

Yerima disclosed this on friday during an interview on Channels TV Politics Today.

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/07/07/yerima-says-14-year-old-egyptian-he-married-is-doing-her-masters-now/amp/

The northerners/ northern states are indeed above d law. So no state in d northern domesticated dat law? And nothing was done?
Re: Ahmed Yerima Gives Update On The 14-Year-Old Girl He Married In 2010 by Kaytixy: 3:15pm On Jul 10, 2023
9jaRealist:

We’re not Egyptians….
And the Senator lives in Nigeria, not Egypt!
>
the senator is a muslim and the girl is a muslim and the constitution allows for religious practice. If it is against the Nigeria constitution, the Nigeria government would have gone against it. If the government did say anything about it, why are people disturbing
Re: Ahmed Yerima Gives Update On The 14-Year-Old Girl He Married In 2010 by 9jaRealist: 1:02am On Jul 11, 2023
Kaytixy:
the senator is a muslim and the girl is a muslim and the constitution allows for religious practice. If it is against the Nigeria constitution, the Nigeria government would have gone against it. If the government did say anything about it, why are people disturbing

So why did YOU bring up Egypt?! shocked

Nigeria is NOT an Islamic state, but rather an EXPRESSLY a secular state (Section 10 of the Constitution)…
Accordingly, religious practice are NOT above the law, and instead secular laws (such as the Child Rights Act) govern.

By way of analogy…
What if someone’s religion requires human sacrifice or drug consumption, would that be ok?!

Furthermore, if we accept your logic…
If the government does not about LOOTING politicians, “why are people disturbing”?!
>

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Doyin Okupe Prostrates, Begs Obasanjo For Forgiveness (Photos) / Tinubu And Femi Gbajabiamila Taking A Stroll In Paris, France (Video) / Osun Election: How PDP, APC, Accord, Labor Party And SDP Fared

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.