Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,859 members, 7,821,003 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. (45544 Views)

Boost Ur Career Wit This Business & Earn At Ease / Nigerian Public Service Salary Structures? / 4 Secret Ways To Survive In Lagos With A Small Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by Profmarley: 5:08pm On Jul 08, 2023
Lots of skills abound. It boils down to your interests and/or the areas you're passionate about.
Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by ramond007(m): 5:08pm On Jul 08, 2023
Learn programming
Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by DMCY: 5:09pm On Jul 08, 2023
Omo! You’re rich oo, taking that lot home every month.. if there’s a way to learn a tech skill, do it.

2 Likes

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by Puss360(f): 5:09pm On Jul 08, 2023
Abeg u guys should rest with all these your lies....you all keep hearing of people complaining that this economy is really biting, no money... Yet you guys are just coming online to say your 1m salary no reach...
Abeg resign from the work and allow us to rest (or breath)... No choke us....

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by GeneralPula: 5:10pm On Jul 08, 2023
atobs4real:
Change your ways.
#450k is much dude.
Amend your ways
What do you mean?
Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by Bestunclejoe(m): 5:10pm On Jul 08, 2023
Find time to learn something else, even a good fashion designing would do, get good machines, open up a standardized shop, employ more hands, supervise regularly and let them see it in practical that you can do the job so well too, then thank me later.

3 Likes

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by XploreLife(m): 5:10pm On Jul 08, 2023
Intergrated:
Greetings all.

I work in a company and my take home is 450k after tax. My problem is I have been thinking of a skill to learn as this job would not last forever. Aside this job I do not have a skill and as a man I feel one should have a long lasting skill. Please any suggestions would be welcomed aside from online skills. Thank you .

Greetings!

Carpentry or woodworking
Cooking or baking
Photography
Automotive repair
Pottery or ceramics
Gardening or landscaping

2 Likes

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by Intergrated: 5:11pm On Jul 08, 2023
XploreLife:

Greetings!

Carpentry or woodworking
Cooking or baking
Photography
Automotive repair
Pottery or ceramics
Gardening or landscaping
Was thinking crane operation .
Welding and fabrication
Excavators.

7 Likes

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by whao: 5:11pm On Jul 08, 2023
Go and learn mechanic work or restaurant as side hustle.

Even directors in ministries don't earn such. Be thankful

5 Likes

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by BigBlackPreek(m): 5:12pm On Jul 08, 2023
Sirmuel1:
450k is huge, especially in this country.

My advice is for you to learn how to save.

Cut down your expenses, don’t spend recklessly, don’t compete with co-workers and don’t try to impress anybody (including women).

Rent an affordable apartment, start up a business.

(Don’t start building any house immediately, because it’s a liability). It will only tie your wealth in one spot.

Imagine building a house with 30-50m in Lagos, only to get at least 2m yearly as a rent. How long will it take to get back the capital

this really got me

nice

4 Likes

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by Chisco0561: 5:12pm On Jul 08, 2023
What is DS pls?
wittywriter
post=124297304:

My thought exactly

however with this amount you can acquire as many DS as possible with just a little out of a month salary.

wittyness
Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by offongk(m): 5:12pm On Jul 08, 2023
Open beer parlour or well equip bar in your area and have manager to manage and do account for u .

DM me

5 Likes

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by Intergrated: 5:13pm On Jul 08, 2023
atobs4real:
Change your ways.
#450k is much dude.
Amend your ways
My ways are ok. As a man you don't get satisfied and relax on one level .

8 Likes

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by DesChyko: 5:13pm On Jul 08, 2023
Your employer must absolutely love you to be paying you that much for doing nothing 😲

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by Quenncee: 5:14pm On Jul 08, 2023
post=124297359:
You Are Earning 450,000naira Monthly, yet you are still not satisfied.

When Most Of The People In Onitsha, doesn't earn up to 50,000naira Monthly.

Nothing No Go See ooooo

Wetin concern Onitsha in this matter?

Gbaza queen.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by starpower(m): 5:14pm On Jul 08, 2023
From my experience save 12 month your living expenses in dollars as a insurance for loss of job but during that period. Can upgrade you cv to a more desirable field. Business is brutal to start experience without on the job experience and contact. Know a friend who earn close to 950k as a staff of okumu oil. He start a mini palm oil plant and storage business but he had on the job experience. Avoid get rich quick opportunities and all the best.
Intergrated:
Greetings all.

I work in a company and my take home is 450k after tax. My problem is I have been thinking of a skill to learn as this job would not last forever. Aside this job I do not have a skill and as a man I feel one should have a long lasting skill. Please any suggestions would be welcomed aside from online skills. Thank you .

7 Likes

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by easzypeaszy(m): 5:15pm On Jul 08, 2023
ok chck
Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by obainojazz(m): 5:15pm On Jul 08, 2023
Save and Japa..... Thank me later

4 Likes

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by tshtsh: 5:16pm On Jul 08, 2023
Natural2Heal:
What do you mean you have no skills? Do you think your employer paying you 450k salary is a Father Christmas? Your job description in the company is a skill.
This is not always the case in Nigeria. In my family a larger percentage of people got employed at their current work place because an uncle used his influence to impose them there. And some who lost their job in the past have not been able to secure another one or find something else to do. Nigeria has a major skills shortage problem and a lot of jobs offer no transferable skill

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by correctguy101(m): 5:16pm On Jul 08, 2023
Natural2Heal:
What do you mean you have no skills? Do you think your employer paying you 450k salary is a Father Christmas? Your job description in the company is a skill.

The baba probably has no idea what skill is...

Maybe he's looking to add to what he already has but has very limited understanding of how much skill he currently possess for an employer to be paying that much.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by shiki(m): 5:16pm On Jul 08, 2023
It seems you didn't understand the guy
Puss360:
Abeg u guys should rest with all these your lies....you all keep hearing of people complaining that this economy is really biting, no money... Yet you guys are just coming online to say your 1m salary no reach...

1 Like

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by Intergrated: 5:17pm On Jul 08, 2023
Sirmuel1:

Cut down your expenses, don’t spend recklessly, don’t compete with co-workers and don’t try to impress anybody (including women).

(Don’t start building any house immediately, because it’s a liability). It will only tie your wealth in one spot.

Imagine building a house with 30-50m in Lagos, only to get at least 2m yearly as a rent. How long will it take to get back the capital

A House is a long term investment + retirement plan.

Start a business first!

Thanks for this wonderful input. But before I got this job I have tried many businesses. Business in Nigeria Is something else. At times you would feel your village people are following you . The way prices changes in a sec in Nigeria Is another thing .

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by damosky12(m): 5:17pm On Jul 08, 2023
Natural2Heal:

I thought as much. God bless you.

If he has a job that pays something as huge as 450k as he claims to do, he definitely must have some skills or some top-notch expertise/certification...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by FreeStuffsNG: 5:17pm On Jul 08, 2023
Intergrated:
Greetings all.

Here's free business ideas book for you.

https://freestuffsng.com/portfolio/1000-practical-business-ideas-fund-sources/

1 Like

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by Rilwayne001: 5:17pm On Jul 08, 2023
Freshtruth:
You should be thinking of Business not skill your 4 months salary we set me for life bro abeg add me for watapp make I advise u sir

Advise kee you there.. Hahah grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by nnamdi640: 5:18pm On Jul 08, 2023
wittywriter:

My thought exactly

however with this amount you can acquire as many DS as possible with just a little out of a month salary.

wittyness
Please, what is the meaning of DS?
Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by Intergrated: 5:18pm On Jul 08, 2023
Puss360:
I pray you get the opportunity to even work as a cook in an oil company. I don't blame you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by rildwanullahi(m): 5:18pm On Jul 08, 2023
Freshtruth:
You should be thinking of Business not skill your 4 months salary we set me for life bro abeg add me for watapp make I advise u sir
i sent you message sit

1 Like

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by davolas(m): 5:18pm On Jul 08, 2023
Hope u no dey carry woman, bro start saving, if only that job will last 3yrs and see your saving then enough to start up, moreover u claim not to have a skill, what about the job that earn 450k, thats a skill man
Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by ayclem01(m): 5:18pm On Jul 08, 2023
Sirmuel1:

A House is a long term investment + retirement plan.

Start a business first

Best advice this far this yr. Thanks man. Dnt hurray to build a house... Start a business first... Thanks man. Houses will always come...
Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by Britishpea: 5:18pm On Jul 08, 2023
fineboynl:
In a year time you should have a land in a choice location what this salary.

Within 3 years you should have put a foundation of mini duplex and have side investment.

I don’t know what skills you are talking about again. I doubt if any skills will give you that much in today Nigeria. Just try saving for now as you already have a paying job.

450k for 12 months is 5.4M. He can’t have a landed property in a choice place anywhere in Lagos. Except if it is not Lagos or Abj Wherever he earns that money must have a high cost of landed property. .

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by NaijaCover(m): 5:20pm On Jul 08, 2023
Quenncee:

Wetin concern Onitsha in this matter?

Gbaza queen.

450,000naira is it not enough, for a starter in a company job?

In Onitsha, Many People Are Not Earning Up To 50,000naira Monthly In Their JOB.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

From N10,000 Salary To Millionaire Pay: My Grace Filled Career Journey So Far. / Side Income For An 8-To-6 Job Worker? / Are Second Class Lower Graduates Still Relevant In Our Society?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.