Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,969 members, 7,814,270 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. (45454 Views)

Salary Earners How Much Have You Saved This Year? / Boost Ur Career Wit This Business & Earn At Ease / Nigerian Public Service Salary Structures? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by Pelaiye2703(m): 7:21pm On Jul 08, 2023
wittywriter:

My thought exactly

however with this amount you can acquire as many DS as possible with just a little out of a month salary.

DS is short for DIGITAL SKILL(S)!
I mentor on this and also help interested peeps with DS to master how to create revenue with their DS.
wittyness
I was about creating a thread regarding this topic. I would love to know the DS you're willing to put him through. I'm also in a tight corner. Thank you

1 Like

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by UcLloyd: 7:22pm On Jul 08, 2023
If you work where they pay you this well, u won't be thinking of skills, let alone think of coming here to ask questions, when you could have just googled it. So dey play

1 Like

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by xynerise: 7:22pm On Jul 08, 2023
If you think 450k is huge then you don't know how expensive things are in the market presently.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by Alexiiydon: 7:24pm On Jul 08, 2023
GeneralPula:
You could open a barbing saloon..

Hire a barber..

Then use the medium to start learning Barbing..

Thank me later..
you no get sense Aje or you Dey use style curse the guy barber of all things person whey Dey earn 450k better sleep and think because you Dey think like secondary school children

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by PeggySandas(f): 7:25pm On Jul 08, 2023
GeneralPula:
You could open a barbing saloon..

Hire a barber..

Then use the medium to start learning Barbing..

Thank me later..

Is there money is barbing business like that? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by Prechgold1180(m): 7:28pm On Jul 08, 2023
goldencomets:

Why not get an investor to lease part of your building project for some years. Then use the money to complete the project. Investor will recover their capital + profit over a set period.

Smile I m almost done now

Tiles pop fence
Done

What is left now is just floor
Wc kitchen cabinets

Completed borehole already

Give or take 4 million should complete it

I plan on
Putting it up for rent
Get money and use it to complete

Cus rent is high here

2 bedroom goes for 600k to 800 here

Yearly
600x 8

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by Intergrated: 7:28pm On Jul 08, 2023
UcLloyd:
If you work where they pay you this well, u won't be thinking of skills, let alone think of coming here to ask questions, when you could have just googled it. So dey play
lol and what would google tell you. And you don't know what they call opinion sampling. I bet you are a kid. People earn way above me in my company you dey there dey play.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by Prechgold1180(m): 7:29pm On Jul 08, 2023
Bluearrow:

Building a house is not easy my brother
You will only appreciate the post u quoted if u have built a house. At a point u will start regretting who sent u to build. When u see the volume of money leaving your account on daily basis and the house is still yet to be completed, u begin to question yourself if it is really a wise investment. Because when u go take recoup this money, how much is even the rent? Building a house is expensive & not for those coming up
Omo I don regret tire

Cus I can’t even use money for myself.

My car needs change can’t even focus on that

The last two years I don lean
Unto say I Dey build hus

Sha I don learn.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by Lekan239(m): 7:30pm On Jul 08, 2023
Sirmuel1:
450k is huge, especially in this country.

My advice is for you to learn how to save.

Cut down your expenses, don’t spend recklessly, don’t compete with co-workers and don’t try to impress anybody (including women).

Rent an affordable apartment, start up a business.

(Don’t start building any house immediately, because it’s a liability). It will only tie your wealth in one spot.

Imagine building a house with 30-50m in Lagos, only to get at least 2m yearly as a rent. How long will it take to get back the capital

A House is a long term investment + retirement plan.

Start a business first!

you guys should keep deceiving urself. Someone earning 450k per month should not start his ous project.

After working for 6-10years earning 450k-500k per month, I should still be living in landlord ous facing landlord and neighbours wahala

2 Likes

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by cremedelacreme: 7:43pm On Jul 08, 2023
Intergrated:
lol and what would google tell you. And you don't know what they call opinion sampling. I bet you are a kid. People earn way above me in my company you dey there dey play.

Baba, leave all these small small secondary school leavers wey full NL. They think 450K is some huge amount of money monthly as a married man with children. I earn slightly above you and some of my colleagues earn X5 that amount monthly. Make dem just dey play.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by kay29000(m): 7:43pm On Jul 08, 2023
Sirmuel1:

Cut down your expenses, don’t spend recklessly, don’t compete with co-workers and don’t try to impress anybody (including women).

(Don’t start building any house immediately, because it’s a liability). It will only tie your wealth in one spot.

Imagine building a house with 30-50m in Lagos, only to get at least 2m yearly as a rent. How long will it take to get back the capital

Start a business first!

Great comment.
Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by TheGift: 7:45pm On Jul 08, 2023
pacesetting:
But learning a skill is less risky. Investments or going into business requires a huge capital
Says who? That's the problem thinking you always need big money to start a business, but the same way you turn a million into 10
million, is the same way you turn 10 Naira into 100, 100 into 1000, 1000 into 10,000 and 10,000 into 1 million- By making a decent profit and reinvesting a part of it until you can scale.

If you have something you are passionate about, for which there is a market (demand) and the competence to deliver it, your chances of success are above average.

1 Like

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by Joshchi19(m): 7:53pm On Jul 08, 2023
Op.. what job are you doing?
Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by aboyaji(m): 7:54pm On Jul 08, 2023
GorillaApp:

You just opened my eyes to that saving formula.
Just that my overhead much sha ( not directly though but as a first son/child, what can I do,)

Please, my advice is don't overdo. Don't try to bear all the family problems else you'll be undervalued in the long-run. It's the same in every family. I'm a victim.

As you're carrying everyone along, remain ahead by far. Don't stop developing yourself at the expense of others.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by Gloriagee(f): 7:55pm On Jul 08, 2023
450k is not huge especially in this country....

Sirmuel1:

Start a business first!

2 Likes

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by Freshtruth(m): 7:55pm On Jul 08, 2023
Offpointng:

ur what's app number??
Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by captaininiobong(m): 8:03pm On Jul 08, 2023
Save and carryout business such as poultry or fish farm.
You will need online skills. I'm your KDP plug, whatsap number in signature.
Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by atobs4real(m): 8:07pm On Jul 08, 2023
highchief1:
how is 450k much?depends on the load on him.I make more than that weekly yet I’m not finding bills easy
Set your priorities bro if isn't enough
Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by ecosystm(m): 8:14pm On Jul 08, 2023
olasunky15:

Please Learn Data Analysis

I train people on data analysis(power bi, sql, tableau, excel etc.) at an affordable fee. 6 consecutive weeks. U won’t be a pro after the training oo, not even in 6 months, or a year. But you ll be employable. Yes! You will ace ur interviews. Chat me up /h1n927

Am interested..share me your WhatsApp number
Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by KingDash09(m): 8:17pm On Jul 08, 2023
Make somebody give this man azul
Business is where the money is
Samakus:
If I'm earning that amount, i will aggressively save up for 2years and start a decent business

Business is where the money is
Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by HoneySwag(f): 8:20pm On Jul 08, 2023
First, of all you're a pathetic liar.
You're asking for a skill to learn, you could have done that without telling us your take home salary but you chose to lie 🙄
Secondly, you just created this account to tell your cheap lies.
It's those giving you advice that I'm thinking about right now, like how could they buy such lie? 🤔
You and your imaginary salary 🤣
Lastly no one should come at me, people even earn more than that but in the case of Op he's lying.

1 Like

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by Fatbam005: 8:22pm On Jul 08, 2023
mayim:

My bro/sis, 450k in this economy is not huge. Especially if OP has a family already and lives in Lagos, Abuja or Port Harcourt. He can try to plan around it such that he can live averagely… but huge? Hell to the nah
Half a million is not huge what else is now huge. Perhaps 40k
Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by GeneralPula: 8:26pm On Jul 08, 2023
PeggySandas:

Is there money is barbing business like that? undecided
Oh yeah Sis. Not just money, but everyday money..

My shop - we do remit nothing less than 8-10 customers per day. 1 head is #500. Some days we do remit 15 / 17 customers. Averagely, it's usually between 10-15 in a day..

#500x10=5k
5k x 7days=35k
35k x 4weeks=140k

Aside from the barbing, I do have Play station in my saloon. We also added commercial charging spot... The money I make from these 2 is what I do use to pay my barber salary. Purchase fuel. Pay shot rent. Cater for the shop.

Whatever comes from barbing monthly is being saved! Untouched! Now, imagine how much i do get to save monthly!

Meanwhile, I have 3 diff shops! 4th on the way!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by Ovieemmanuel: 8:27pm On Jul 08, 2023
PepeXKermit:

lol. him think say na kindergarten people him dey follow talk. him no get any 450k paying job. lol
lol I pity you try find out how much a beach master earns in an offshore work you small ignoramus would just come online and talk foolishly thankful this trade as not gone trabalistic. Idoit

1 Like

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by InvertedHammer: 8:30pm On Jul 08, 2023
Smartguyboy:

Oil company direct employ not contract pays more than that .
/
So Oil companies pay N450k/month to employees with no skills?

/
Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by uptownemmygee(m): 8:31pm On Jul 08, 2023
Intergrated:
Greetings all.

I work in a company and my take home is 450k after tax. My problem is I have been thinking of a skill to learn as this job would not last forever. Aside this job I do not have a skill and as a man I feel one should have a long lasting skill. Please any suggestions would be welcomed aside from online skills. Thank you .

Come make I teach you how to fix phones and laptops
Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by Ovieemmanuel: 8:31pm On Jul 08, 2023
HoneySwag:
You're asking for a skill to learn, you could have done that without telling us your take home salary but you chose to lie 🙄
It's those giving you advice that I'm thinking about right now, like how could they buy such lie? 🤔
Lastly no one should come at me, people even earn more than that but in the case of Op he's lying.
for you to assume the op is lying you are delusional. Please is not all thread you would open your mouth and talk trash. That's the problem this days you find it difficult to see the right crowd.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by IamtheTruth1(m): 8:32pm On Jul 08, 2023
Intergrated:
Greetings all.

I work in a company and my take home is 450k after tax. My problem is I have been thinking of a skill to learn as this job would not last forever. Aside this job I do not have a skill and as a man I feel one should have a long lasting skill. Please any suggestions would be welcomed aside from online skills. Thank you .

You earn 450k and you still dey find skill? You just need a good investment for the future

You just need a good investment to inv

1 Like

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by Midoda: 8:32pm On Jul 08, 2023
Sirchiboy:

Mr Chinedu is that you?
Let's talk at the office on Monday. It's not me, I am here.
Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by Ovieemmanuel: 8:38pm On Jul 08, 2023
HoneySwag:
just saw your location now for a river state girl you must be very timid and stupid . Go and ask how much is entering level at oil companies in your state.
Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by RussellRutherfo: 8:55pm On Jul 08, 2023
Prechgold1180:
I really wish I had seen this advice before. Starting my hus project

Mumu me stupidly started two project in two different cities

8 flat of 2 bedroom. Just land alone is 7m both lands

Invested almost 50 million if not more than in the 8 flats

Building don Dey go 2 years now house nva complete
Thou at the finishing stage
Money nur Dey come like e Dey come before again

Like this now two projects just Dey pending.

Omo building is not for the weak.

Naija economy go humble u

You made very big mistake. You should have started and completed one building first then the 2nd site. If it's close to a business area or where students are much. You should have raised couple of shops for rent. Infact, this is supposed to be the first thing you do before you build your residential house. A building not making money is a liability and no asset.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Side Income For An 8-To-6 Job Worker? / From N10,000 Salary To Millionaire Pay: My Grace Filled Career Journey So Far. / Are Second Class Lower Graduates Still Relevant In Our Society?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.