Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,584 members, 7,823,528 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. (45561 Views)

Boost Ur Career Wit This Business & Earn At Ease / Nigerian Public Service Salary Structures? / 4 Secret Ways To Survive In Lagos With A Small Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by RussellRutherfo: 8:57pm On Jul 08, 2023
coputa:
Great, someone earnings this sum only needs an investment skill.put 50% of your salary every month into buying of foreign stocks, futures and commodities,within five years you will swimming in millions.

This is better because as the day goes by, you will be old and weary when you will not be able to sell that your skill.

Send your money on errand to work for you.

What vehicle do you recommend via which to buy the foreign stocks, futures, commodities with 225,000 every month.

I would love to know so I can start.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by HoneySwag(f): 8:57pm On Jul 08, 2023
Ovieemmanuel:
just saw your location now for a river state girl you must be very timid and stupid . Go and ask how much is entering level at oil companies in your state.
Are you okay or you don't know how to read? Didn't you see where I typed that some persons earn more than that?
Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by graceilina: 8:57pm On Jul 08, 2023
Intergrated:
Greetings all.

I work in a company and my take home is 450k after tax. My problem is I have been thinking of a skill to learn as this job would not last forever. Aside this job I do not have a skill and as a man I feel one should have a long lasting skill. Please any suggestions would be welcomed aside from online skills. Thank you .
I just feel like slapping you. You ungrateful insatiable being

1 Like

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by RussellRutherfo: 9:00pm On Jul 08, 2023
franklingud:
1. Start saving at least 150k every month.

2. Learn a high paying skill example cyber security, Data analytics or data analysis, UI/UX design etc. Don't be ignorant about these I.T skills because they are very high paying and you could be earning above 600k monthly when you get jobs.

3. Thank me later 😎

How about Frontend or product management?
Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by RussellRutherfo: 9:01pm On Jul 08, 2023
emoboy4u:
I like the way people casually mention Cybersecurity as a skill that can be learnt on the side like tailoring

cheesy
Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by RussellRutherfo: 9:03pm On Jul 08, 2023
iramure:
Go and open a church, that one doesn't need any special skills. Just be able to speak good English, have good dress sense, beautify your church in and out and get beautiful ladies as ushers. Tell people God called you to focus on prosperity and before you know it, you become a G.O and the rest is history...

Mu.gu

1 Like

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by Desammyst(m): 9:10pm On Jul 08, 2023
Intergrated:
Greetings all.

I work in a company and my take home is 450k after tax. My problem is I have been thinking of a skill to learn as this job would not last forever. Aside this job I do not have a skill and as a man I feel one should have a long lasting skill. Please any suggestions would be welcomed aside from online skills. Thank you .

Send a DM across, lemme teach you Python programming... I have a class coming up in August... You can register immediately.
Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by professore(m): 9:10pm On Jul 08, 2023
Samakus:
If I'm earning that amount, i will aggressively save up for 2years and start a decent business

Business is where the money is
Like how much do you eye saving in that 2 years to start a business?
Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by Mayflowa(m): 9:12pm On Jul 08, 2023
Samakus:
If I'm earning that amount, i will aggressively save up for 2years and start a decent business

Business is where the money is

haha. If you are business oriented, you don't need to earn that much to start business. You can start business with any earnings

1 Like

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by professore(m): 9:13pm On Jul 08, 2023
aboyaji:
Why?

Just give yourself like a year and half and save like 200k from it. You should be getting like 3.5m as savings.

Use it to set up phone accessories shop where you don't add much gain to your sales. You could opt for wholesales.
would this require importation or the goods would be bought in Nigeria and resold in Nigeria.
Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by Emaprince: 9:21pm On Jul 08, 2023
atobs4real:
Change your ways.
#450k is much dude.
Amend your ways
In this Nigeria? That money is not much.

Unless you are single and taking care of your personal needs with no friends or familly members getting financial assistance from you.

In fact, you must be very stingy to make that money appear too big.

1 Like

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by Badmashii(m): 9:21pm On Jul 08, 2023
emoboy4u:
I like the way people casually mention Cybersecurity as a skill that can be learnt on the side like tailoring

My brother, na ignorance. Assuming they knew what it takes to be called one, hmm mek I no just talk.
Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by professore(m): 9:21pm On Jul 08, 2023
Freshtruth:
You should be thinking of Business not skill your 4 months salary we set me for life bro abeg add me for watapp make I advise u sir
Kindly advise me too bro
Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by franklingud(m): 9:26pm On Jul 08, 2023
emoboy4u:
If he set his mind to learn it, am sure he can do it.
Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by Ay04z(m): 9:26pm On Jul 08, 2023
D money not enough.... But try dey save like 250k each month for three years... D rest for bills... Don't choke urself life short
Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by franklingud(m): 9:31pm On Jul 08, 2023
emoboy4u:
If he set his mind to learn it, am sure he can do it...
Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by franklingud(m): 9:35pm On Jul 08, 2023
RussellRutherfo:

How about Frontend or product management?
All of them join.

He just need guidance and mentorship on the right IT course to learn

1 Like

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by franklingud(m): 9:36pm On Jul 08, 2023
Badmashii:

My brother, na ignorance. Assuming they knew what it takes to be called one, hmm mek I no just talk.
What does it take to become a cyber security expert bro because am looking to learn it.
Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 9:38pm On Jul 08, 2023
Invest in cow rearing business.

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 9:39pm On Jul 08, 2023
Invest in cow rearing.

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by Mozillafire: 9:40pm On Jul 08, 2023
Sirmuel1:
450k is huge, especially in this country.

My advice is for you to learn how to save.

Cut down your expenses, don’t spend recklessly, don’t compete with co-workers and don’t try to impress anybody (including women).

Rent an affordable apartment, start up a business.

(Don’t start building any house immediately, because it’s a liability). It will only tie your wealth in one spot.

Imagine building a house with 30-50m in Lagos, only to get at least 2m yearly as a rent. How long will it take to get back the capital
Give us business suggestion boss
There's capital, I just need a business to get mysef into........
I don taya
A House is a long term investment + retirement plan.

Start a business first!

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by shewun001: 9:41pm On Jul 08, 2023
I am happy you are not sitting pretty. I can assure you if you combine the way your mind is working now with clear thoughts...You will get there soon. A lot of jobs are going to be extinct in the shortest time possible.
Look at your job if it is repetitive, AI is going to take it. Look for a business mentor and follow the person religiously. Let me know if you need more info.
Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by aboyaji(m): 9:47pm On Jul 08, 2023
professore:
would this require importation or the goods would be bought in Nigeria and resold in Nigeria.

They're readily available in the Nigerian markets.

For example, I was speaking with a friend today. He has a job but he just opened a shop for accessories. Most charging cables we buy for 1k in the market to charge with, he sells them for 400. It costs him 150 to buy. Quality Charger head costs him 400 but he sells 660. Market people sell it for 1500.

When you want to venture into such business, go to the market and meet a friendly business man to explain things to you.

Good luck.

Please start with these little things. Don't jump into money consuming ventures.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by SSpeter(m): 9:47pm On Jul 08, 2023
Freshtruth:
You should be thinking of Business not skill your 4 months salary we set me for life bro abeg add me for watapp make I advise u sir
this is not true how can 450*4 set you up for life?? Share your plans abeg

4 Likes

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by aboyaji(m): 9:49pm On Jul 08, 2023
SSpeter:
this is not true how can 450*4 set you up for life?? Share your plans abeg

Disregard that opinion of his.
Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by Abiliboi: 9:50pm On Jul 08, 2023
Build your business psyche. You have the capital
Warehousing, importation, storage. You can hire me as your PA.

1 Like

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by Grupo(m): 9:54pm On Jul 08, 2023
olasunky15:

Please Learn Data Analysis

I train people on data analysis(power bi, sql, tableau, excel etc.) at an affordable fee. 6 consecutive weeks. U won’t be a pro after the training oo, not even in 6 months, or a year. But you ll be employable. Yes! You will ace ur interviews. Chat me up /h1n927

If data analysis is that marketable, why are you not employed to be practicing it instead of looking for who to teach?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by Tohmey(m): 9:54pm On Jul 08, 2023
Sirmuel1:
450k is huge, especially in this country.

My advice is for you to learn how to save.

Cut down your expenses, don’t spend recklessly, don’t compete with co-workers and don’t try to impress anybody (including women).

Rent an affordable apartment, start up a business.

(Don’t start building any house immediately, because it’s a liability). It will only tie your wealth in one spot.

Imagine building a house with 30-50m in Lagos, only to get at least 2m yearly as a rent. How long will it take to get back the capital

A House is a long term investment + retirement plan.

Start a business first!

this is real fact
The return on house rent is too poor
Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by SSpeter(m): 9:55pm On Jul 08, 2023
004gist:

hmmm why say a house is a liability?
Where are you guys learning this from? which investment analyst gave you that advice? is he certified or just a tout?

a house is an asset , which can give you future economic benefit.

and most people I have seen in my first place I built in South East state are either keke drivers or there about. and they slowly built this house over years.. standard houses.

The benefits of owning a house is enormous.

the first house I built. I only had 200k cash at hand and few blocks. that's how I started n with time in 3 years it was completed. it's one of the best decisions I have taken because it gave me a huge leap.

since he said skills then I suggest learning python, sql, machine learning etc this are great n in 2 years he will be a pro
let me enlighten you a little, in 1990, Jim Ovia incorporated Zenith bank and started it with 20million naira while Shina peters in that same year acquired properties worth over that amount. They both ventured into business....where is Shina peters houses and how have the buildings appreciated? Zenith bank is the most profitable financial institution in Nigeria today and until the world ends, Shina peters will never be able to lace the shoes of Jim financially

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by Samakus(m): 10:03pm On Jul 08, 2023
Mayflowa:

haha. If you are business oriented, you don't need to earn that much to start business. You can start business with any earnings

That's the big, fat, ugly lie that we've all been made to believe. Business requires money.

Currently doing a little business and boy! Business requires money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by Samakus(m): 10:03pm On Jul 08, 2023
professore:
Like how much do you eye saving in that 2 years to start a business?

Minimum of 2m

Because in business, there are days even months you will incur losses. It may or may not be your fault but it will come. Having a good capital base makes you stay afloat to navigate that phase and stabilise. Then, you boom if you know what you're doing and grace is upon you
Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by Samakus(m): 10:09pm On Jul 08, 2023
SSpeter:
let me enlighten you a little, in 1990, Jim Ovia incorporated Zenith bank and started it with 20million naira while Shina peters in that same year acquired properties worth over that amount. They both ventured into business....where is Shina peters houses and how have the buildings appreciated? Zenith bank is the most profitable financial institution in Nigeria today and until the world ends, Shina peters will never be able to lace the shoes of Jim financially

The big mistake people make is that they generalize or succinctly put, they venture into stuffs because others are doing it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Are Second Class Lower Graduates Still Relevant In Our Society? / Side Income For An 8-To-6 Job Worker? / From N10,000 Salary To Millionaire Pay: My Grace Filled Career Journey So Far.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.