Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. - Career (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. (45484 Views)

Boost Ur Career Wit This Business & Earn At Ease / Nigerian Public Service Salary Structures? / 4 Secret Ways To Survive In Lagos With A Small Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by tmeg: 8:05am On Jul 09, 2023
Where Una dey see this big salary , Someone should please help me, am an experience Site civil Engineer, I need A job
Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by GorillaApp(m): 8:07am On Jul 09, 2023
aboyaji:

Please, my advice is don't overdo. Don't try to bear all the family problems else you'll be undervalued in the long-run. It's the same in every family. I'm a victim.

As you're carrying everyone along, remain ahead by far. Don't stop developing yourself at the expense of others.
Tnx bro
Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by highchief1: 8:07am On Jul 09, 2023
lokoventurex1:

God bless you sir. I don't mean to diss anyone. 450k salary is not really a biggie. When I lost my job in access bank in 2017, I was earning 90k salary and saw people earning 300k salary and above as big men(maybe they were in 2017).

Fast forward to 2020 immediately after Covid19, I had my breakthrough and started making more than 300k profit from my POS business every month. I've not made less than 260k since then, and am still not okay at all. I'm always afraid just like the OP.

There were months I made more than 400k sef( plenty times) and still have not done many things maybe except my moderate marriage that took 1.7M last year.

I understand the OP very well. If you're not making the money, it looks a big deal, when you start making it, you'll realise you need more stream of income.

I'm also looking out for skill to horn while am doing my POS business sideways and wouldn't mind if anyone can share.

OP, I understand your plight very well. The rate at which Naira has deteriorated is not helping matters too.
my own na large family when I Dey take care of and I stl Dey try do projects.As I can’t say all I achieved in life was paying bills.I make over 500k weekly but I’m not comfortable.Good life isn’t cheap anymore.If u begin build some kind house u go know say u no get money

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by Intergrated: 8:21am On Jul 09, 2023
lionphil:

Buy a car, driving is a skill. Drive for uber and bolt
lol with the recent hike in fuel price that's slavery.

1 Like

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by OZIOGU1: 8:36am On Jul 09, 2023
cremedelacreme:
Those saying 450K is more than enough to buy a land and start building do not really understand how expensive things are in Nigeria today. I earn slightly above what the OP mentioned, but believe you me, it's not been easy. If you live in Lagos, Abuja or PH and you are married with kids, you will understand. A 2 bedroom flat in an average neighborhood is over 700K. Cost of fuel and car maintenance is over 60/70K monthly in recent times. School fees for 2/3 children is over 200K per term (600/800K annually). Feeding takes over 100K monthly. Utilities and other miscellaneous dey ooo. Best thing na just to save enough and japa.

I can relate, i stay in Abj, 4kids, with avarage SF of 100k per child, and my earning is way above that of OP, But believe me, sometimes i go broke, the only thing i save is the 150k monthly contribution i engaged in, so many people believe big salary is equals big saving, but i can tell you is a big fat lie.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by Tyktoker: 8:40am On Jul 09, 2023
He just wants to show off how much he earn as salary, forget him, pride is his main problem he needs to deal with not skills.
Natural2Heal:
What do you mean you have no skills? Do you think your employer paying you 450k salary is a Father Christmas? Your job description in the company is a skill.
Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by FairlyUSEDpussy: 8:42am On Jul 09, 2023
OZIOGU1:

I can relate, i stay in Abj, 4kids, with avarage SF of 100k per child, and my earning is way above that of OP, But believe me, sometimes i go broke, the only thing i save is the 150k monthly contribution i engaged in, so many people believe big salary is equals big saving, but i can tell you is a big fat lie.

LoL.......
At least u still manage to save 150k monthly right??

Since big money ain't big saving........so what do you have to say bout low salary earner but still have saving??
Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by OZIOGU1: 8:44am On Jul 09, 2023
Engage in Monthly contribution, when its get to your turn collect and invest wisely in non-perishable items, currently i have over 15 gallons of red oil in 25ltrs on ground which i intend to sell later in August, with an avarage interest of 7k, compare to the amount i got it. i personally go to bush makt and get products and bring to big men in thier houses, eg Yam. so many things you can do bro.

Secobdly get a shop and go into saloon business, is very profitable, just go percentage from the workers, both unisex section, you can inherit a business not job.

in all be prudent and dont do women, i know the temptation is there but have self control. Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by Hannaleeyah(f): 8:47am On Jul 09, 2023
Intergrated:
Greetings all.

I work in a company and my take home is 450k after tax. My problem is I have been thinking of a skill to learn as this job would not last forever. Aside this job I do not have a skill and as a man I feel one should have a long lasting skill. Please any suggestions would be welcomed aside from online skills. Thank you .

You might have gone through series of comments and by now be feeling sorry to have made this post,but hiiii, I'm telling you that's the best decision you've made.

As you mentioned you only needed any other suggestion asides from online skills, I would try to give advice related to that, although I'm a tech girl and if I'm to talk about the wide growth being a tech person has caused me, I'm sure you'd have an interest.

But then, it would be great if you start saving some amount of the 450k every month, because eventually when you acquire the skill, you'd need capital to start the business,since it's not an online business.

However, At the same time,you can still apply tech to whichever business you'd be going into. Tech is the future.
There have been notable improvement in the digital economy and tech sector of Nigeria,
and even Africa as a continent. The last ten years saw to the emergence of numerous tech startups in
different parts of Africa, with Nigeria boasting of over 461 tech startups in finance, agrictech,
transport/logistics, health sectors, etc.

Acquiring a skill in tech would be a decision you'd never regret

1 Like

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by omojeesu(m): 8:47am On Jul 09, 2023
Intergrated:
Greetings all.

I work in a company and my take home is 450k after tax. My problem is I have been thinking of a skill to learn as this job would not last forever. Aside this job I do not have a skill and as a man I feel one should have a long lasting skill. Please any suggestions would be welcomed aside from online skills. Thank you .

Working for money is not easy
Invest some of your money to work for you

Add passive income to your salary! Ask me. I am also a salary earner.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by OZIOGU1: 8:48am On Jul 09, 2023
FairlyUSEDpussy:

LoL.......
At least u still manage to save 150k monthly right??

Since big money ain't big saving........so what do you have to say bout low salary earner but still have saving??

Trust me, u see that 150k, na with strong mind, do you know that many of my colleagues who earns more than me cant save? I do quick credit from Gt bank to ease some stress, my Dad is there at 90yrs, constant hospital bills coming, my dear Nigeria currency is nothing, the Naira is depreciating every day.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by Coolgent(m): 8:58am On Jul 09, 2023
HoneySwag:

Are you okay or you don't know how to read? Didn't you see where I typed that some persons earn more than that?
Stop arguing with some people o

1 Like

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by wittywriter: 9:02am On Jul 09, 2023
DarkChocolate2:

Please I am interested in the mentorship, please kindly share your contact info.
Thanks

Drop yours...

Wittyness
Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by FairlyUSEDpussy: 9:02am On Jul 09, 2023
OZIOGU1:

Trust me, u see that 150k, na with strong mind, do you know that many of my colleagues who earns more than me cant save? I do quick credit from Gt bank to ease some stress, my Dad is there at 90yrs, constant hospital bills coming, my dear Nigeria currency is nothing, the Naira is depreciating every day.

Yeah I agree.........but then there ain't no excuse for nothing saving.......if not for anything at least for unforseen circumstances.........

Savings as never come easy............as for yo colleagues who never had saving I pity Dem........my big brother used to be like Dem but his wiser now..........tho the money ain't coming like those days he spent extravagantly.........
Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by moredolu(m): 9:10am On Jul 09, 2023
My advice is smile if followed you won't regret it, try and change your savings to dollars keep savings then start planning to learn skills in digital business this could be in any form. All the best
Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by dannykares: 9:18am On Jul 09, 2023
Bro what kind of job re u doing to earn such amount without learning skill within de company u re already ?
Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by randymirrors(f): 9:20am On Jul 09, 2023
You def have a skill.
Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by GeneralPula: 9:26am On Jul 09, 2023
PeggySandas:

You're a good business man. Does those other 3 shops have Playstation too?
The 2nd shop has a Ps, but not the 3rd..
Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by mechanics(m): 9:29am On Jul 09, 2023
Be contended.
Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by ahmedio: 9:37am On Jul 09, 2023
cremedelacreme:
Those saying 450K is more than enough to buy a land and start building do not really understand how expensive things are in Nigeria today. I earn slightly above what the OP mentioned, but believe you me, it's not been easy. If you live in Lagos, Abuja or PH and you are married with kids, you will understand. A 2 bedroom flat in an average neighborhood is over 700K. Cost of fuel and car maintenance is over 60/70K monthly in recent times. School fees for 2/3 children is over 200K per term (600/800K annually). Feeding takes over 100K monthly. Utilities and other miscellaneous dey ooo. Best thing na just to save enough and japa.

If he is single, 300k is more than enough to make ends meet and make savings. Sometimes people don’t tell the whole story. With a moderate lifestyle 400k with 2/3 children is not bad. Not many people earn that much in this country

1 Like

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by jaywon442: 9:51am On Jul 09, 2023
NuCypher:

You are right to think this way. Don't let anybody discourge you from this line of thinking. When I was in Nigeria, I was earning an average of 2.5m per month, but I had the same problem as you. The job offered no long-lasting skill. You should be worried if any job you are doing is offering you no long-lasting skill, regardless of the amount you are making. Pick up a skill in tech. There is no shortage there: cybersecurity, data analytics, software development, etc. Gain yourself something that will last a lifetime. At this stage of your thinking, you are already on the way there.
Every one here earning millions yet I find it difficult to secure a jod, do I have half head. Ibeg, u guys should help me out with a smart phone pls. I am learning data science and manchine learning and my phone got spoilt with other though challenges. I need help with a phone. I will be very grateful
Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by professore(m): 10:27am On Jul 09, 2023
Samakus:

Auto Spare Parts is a capital intensive business. I do not think that this amount is good enough unless you want to take a long time before stabilising.

Need I include that that line of business requires expertise. If you want to venture into it, learn the trade for atleast 1 year. Very important
Thank you so much.
Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by professore(m): 10:28am On Jul 09, 2023
aboyaji:

I do not have a grounded knowledge about car parts. The only thing you can do is get dirty.

What I mean is you need to get involved in the spare parts business right in the market and join what other guys are doing there by identifying with some Ogas as a hustler. Don't go at this age to start learning the trade. No!

Just go and become a hustler in the market. Like someone who gets a customer and get his own share when the customer buys an item. Just tell customers that you have everything.
Thank you so much.
Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by Freshtruth(m): 10:41am On Jul 09, 2023
Fromhome:
Without skill, you can't run a business successfully. eh Financial skill, Managerial skill, interpersonal skills, customer relationship skills.
I know but as long u have a good mentor like me he will be earning 4m per month with my business proposer
Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by Freshtruth(m): 10:43am On Jul 09, 2023
SSpeter:
this is not true how can 450*4 set you up for life?? Share your plans abeg
this life dey say follow who know road give me 1.8m I will be earning 3m every month trust me I just need just that amount to kick start my joining to be a billionaire am a former record keeper before I lost my job
Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by Billmos: 10:54am On Jul 09, 2023
Save 200k monthly n have 2.4m yearly go into real estate buy lands n survey n keep with time d price will appreciate u sell it's a win win business, u can never run at a loss.any where u forecast development will soon enter u go there n buy more plots n sell at high price latter.
Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by castins(m): 11:07am On Jul 09, 2023
I like your inputs, am in the same shoes with thisan. I earn more than #600k monthly after tax. But I need a backup plan as Nigeria is full of uncertainties.

Please suggest good business one can do apart from all these online stuffs.

Sirmuel1:
450k is huge, especially in this country.

My advice is for you to learn how to save.

Cut down your expenses, don’t spend recklessly, don’t compete with co-workers and don’t try to impress anybody (including women).

Rent an affordable apartment, start up a business.

(Don’t start building any house immediately, because it’s a liability). It will only tie your wealth in one spot.

Imagine building a house with 30-50m in Lagos, only to get at least 2m yearly as a rent. How long will it take to get back the capital

A House is a long term investment + retirement plan.

Start a business first!

1 Like

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by millionboi2: 11:13am On Jul 09, 2023
cremedelacreme:
you ended your post with Japa,who told you if you Japa you wouldn't pay bills.....abeg
Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by millionboi2: 11:17am On Jul 09, 2023
Intergrated:

Thanks for this wonderful input. But before I got this job I have tried many businesses. Business in Nigeria Is something else. At times you would feel your village people are following you . The way prices changes in a sec in Nigeria Is another thing .
if your capital is enough business is fun.save and try again
Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by OZIOGU1: 11:18am On Jul 09, 2023
[quote author=nonstan post=124303094][/quote]

Building a house is not totally a bad idea, I mange an apartment for a friend who lives in uk in a suburb of Abuja, 10 flats of 2bed each at 400k, is a passive income, He may decide to sell tomorrow and make lots of gain. in 2019, i bougth a Land for 2m and in 2022 i sold it for 4.4m, this are money that if you should keep them you will spend them, Landed properties dont depreciate, What i think the young man should do is to sit down and calculate how much He can save from his earning monthly, i mean save withiut touch no matter the situation, then He can come up with his plans.
Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by Smartguyboy(m): 11:25am On Jul 09, 2023
InvertedHammer:

/
Go back and read the original post.

I can't help your lack of comprehension.

OP earns N450k/month with no skills by his admission. So what's your take on that? Who cares about those making N450k or more pay month. The difference is that they have the requisite skills.

/
I guess you lack comprehension to forget our first argument ✌️.
You said which company will pay someone 450k without a skill I was just trying to let you know some oil companies pay more than that without a skill .

There are many jobs that don’t require any skill or special skill.

3 Likes

Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by Erums(m): 11:38am On Jul 09, 2023
Olumaeme:
Yes you need a skill to earn side income.
And it will be quite easy for you to scale because you have a sure 450k coming at the end of the month and you can take risk.

I earn around the same amount and I do e-commerce and social media marketing on the side banking around $1k a month combined.

Pls can we discuss on this.. Im interested

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Side Income For An 8-To-6 Job Worker? / From N10,000 Salary To Millionaire Pay: My Grace Filled Career Journey So Far. / Are Second Class Lower Graduates Still Relevant In Our Society?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.