Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,122 members, 7,828,990 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

If You Earn 2.5m Everymonth How Do You Invest? - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Earn 2.5m Everymonth How Do You Invest? (25358 Views)

NIMC Clears Over 2.5m Backlog Of NIN Modification – DG / #2.5 Million: Will You Invest Here Or Travel Abroad For Greener Pastures? / If You Are Given N10million Today, What Business In Nigeria Will You Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Earn 2.5m Everymonth How Do You Invest? by Pmedia7787: 9:57pm On Jul 09, 2023
Esthered:

Why not Lagos?
I thought reselling value will be higher when he wants to dispose than in other states.

For a starter..start by going gradually
When strong enough,then go bigger...
More so, Lagos is just a makeshift city..it's just happens to be our best
This cannot be in any way compare to top cities globally..may not enter the first 100 cities in the world when all parameters are checked..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Earn 2.5m Everymonth How Do You Invest? by mfm04622: 10:00pm On Jul 09, 2023
Pmedia7787:

start from properties here in nigeria
dont buy in lagos

buy from real owners from other southwestern states, get all documents
you cool

Why Southwest at all?
Why not recommend Southeast to him? Or other parts of Nigeria? Why Southwest?
Re: If You Earn 2.5m Everymonth How Do You Invest? by Pmedia7787: 10:06pm On Jul 09, 2023
mfm04622:

Why Southwest at all?
Why not recommend Southeast to him? Or other parts of Nigeria? Why Southwest?

You can acquire land from south west without been from there ,
South east got little issues,but then ,if you are from there stick to your location

Mind you...only fools brings this Igbo and Yoruba division..the southwest has a very huge population of different tribes ,Igbos been more and having more properties , it's use to be north central but things changed ..mahajudeens took over ,got peoples houses burnt while lands where sold back for meal ticket
Re: If You Earn 2.5m Everymonth How Do You Invest? by magicfarad90: 10:25pm On Jul 09, 2023
Well you will need to understand what exactly you want.. What amount are you willing to invest over a certain period from your 2.5m income monthly.. Are you a passive investor in the business you are looking at investing in or you want to run it. It's easy to tell you a million businesses to invest in which can be profitable but the personels handling it matters most..
Ask youself, are you ready for partnership, equity contribution, or which ever model.. that will drive home the perfect investment you can put your money in . Alot of things can be profitable but may not suit you . You can message me on magicfarad90@gmail.com if you want us to discuss more.. I will like to talk more with you..
Re: If You Earn 2.5m Everymonth How Do You Invest? by mfm04622: 11:00pm On Jul 09, 2023
Pmedia7787:

South east got little issues,but then ,if you are from there stick to your location

Mind you...only fools brings this Igbo and Yoruba division..the southwest has a very huge population of different tribes ,Igbos been more and having more properties , it's use to be north central but things changed ..mahajudeens took over ,got peoples houses burnt while lands where sold back for meal ticket

North Central States are FCT, Plateau, Benue, Nasarawa, Niger, Kogi & Kwara. Which one did "mahajudeens" took over? In which of those states did people have to sell their properties due to insecurities?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Earn 2.5m Everymonth How Do You Invest? by omoabike: 11:25pm On Jul 09, 2023
NamelessOGBENI:

Okay.

What's the name of the app?

Learn: Stock Market Investing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Earn 2.5m Everymonth How Do You Invest? by omoabike: 11:37pm On Jul 09, 2023
Joyful365:

The app name is not showing up exactly as you typed it. Can you search and screenshot and highlight so that one can know which app exactly
I am sorry I missed this earlier

Re: If You Earn 2.5m Everymonth How Do You Invest? by omoabike: 11:48pm On Jul 09, 2023
IbeOkehie:

Landed property is NOT secure in Nigeria. Government can seize it at any time. Any powerful person can wake up one morning and raise a CREDIBLE claim or dispute. YOU KNOW THIS so why are you claiming real estate is secure in Nigeria.

Anyone with access to a million dollars free and clear could do better than investing it in Nigeria...simply buy a 4 to 5% CD from a USA bank. That's the current market rate and it's FULLY guaranteed. That's what Nigerians call Fixed Deposit.

There are big investors who have access to that kind of money and they're NOT investing in Nigeria for all the simple, credible and known reasons I've pointed out here and other places.

By the way, have you been to high brow estates in Nigeria....VGC, Chevron Estate, Magodo, Foreshore in Lagos and also Abuja and seen the number of properties with FOR SALE signs...and the signs have been there for months and months? What do you think?

Nigeria is UNINVESTIBLE, the economy is structurally unsound. Nobody holding dollars should be investing into Nigeria. It's STUPID.

Thanks for this. Very reasonable. I know that business was profitable some years back, I know a few people that put money in it around maybe 2017? They had to do some unethical accounting though. Remember NNPC and government are JV partners to most businesses that have anything to do with mineral resources. Basically they defrauded the government, but in a way they were justified.

Right now I'm not so sure how the returns are these days. I'm going to ask.

You are very correct. I have to remind myself that trading is NOT investing. You make an excellent point 👏 in general. Thank you.

However, for a person putting in DOLLARS or other hard currency, the naira depreciation in 7 years has erased all REAL returns. You would have been better off keeping the money in DOLLARS and doing nothing. Or maybe investing in the USA major indexes.

Nigeria is rubbish. But we all know that by now

Happy Sunday to all.

Wealth creation needs diversification. My US investment portfolio(shown below) is triple my Nigerian portfolio(in market value) for a reason. I use that to edge against all the attendant risks in the Nigerian economy.It's better for the OP to start with baby steps. That is the only way to build sustainable wealth. Let compounding do its works by reinvesting dividends. My portfolio 7 years ago is not the same as what I shared above which is my present portfolio.Investment is not black and white as you posit above. In terms of real returns, even taking into account devaluation and others, my Nigerian portfolio has given me better returns (In fact the bulk of the money that formed my US investment portfolio was from selling some of my earlier investments in the Nigerian Stock Exchange). Just learn how to pick good investments and hold them for minimum of 5 years. I actively started investing in the US in December 2019 (through one of the online investment platform apps)while I started investing in the Nigeria Stock market again actively in 2016. Returns over that time has been 10.5% for the US while for the Nigerian Stock Exchange when converted to dollars has been 140.09%. I bought my first share in the Nigerian stock market in 2007 and lost lots of money during the crash of 07/08. I stayed away from the market for almost 9 years until I realize why I lost money in 2007 was because I was TRADING NOT INVESTING IN GOOD BUSINESSES .After learning how to invest, I started investing again in 2016 with the remnant of my investments in 2007. So while I don't begrudge you your views on Nigeria, please note that there are so many shades of grey.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Earn 2.5m Everymonth How Do You Invest? by professore(m): 12:11am On Jul 10, 2023
engineerabj:

If you have a building already sir,you just need 3.5 to 4million sir
That's quite much.
Re: If You Earn 2.5m Everymonth How Do You Invest? by professore(m): 12:12am On Jul 10, 2023
richard870:
3pl Logistics
What's 3pl? I understand logistics.
Re: If You Earn 2.5m Everymonth How Do You Invest? by professore(m): 12:13am On Jul 10, 2023
richard870:
3pl Logistics
I understand logistics. What's 3pl?
Re: If You Earn 2.5m Everymonth How Do You Invest? by CokeBar(f): 4:34am On Jul 10, 2023
Baba10101010:
Truck business. I have a profound knowledge about it. You will make nothing less than #2m monthly.

Tell me more
Re: If You Earn 2.5m Everymonth How Do You Invest? by afrodoc2: 4:53am On Jul 10, 2023
KingintheNorth:
Guys I'm asking for a friend , if you are based abroad and earn 2.5 million naira after tax, what would you invest in Nigeria??

Asking for a friend?
Shey you dey whine us ni? You think say we get tribal mark? grin
Re: If You Earn 2.5m Everymonth How Do You Invest? by tyemi4509(m): 8:18am On Jul 10, 2023
Look for stockbroker on naira metrics or Nigerian stock exchange (NGX)

Invest your money on GUINESS PLC,OKOMU OIL PALM PLC,BUA CEMENT PLC, NASCON SALT PLC,PRESCO OIL PLC,MTN NIGERIA PLC.....

watch your investment grow with INTERIM DIVIDEND & FINAL DIVIDEND
Re: If You Earn 2.5m Everymonth How Do You Invest? by fkelly(m): 8:21am On Jul 10, 2023
Psammmy:

Are you lagos based, would be interested in opening that betting business for a dear cousin of mine.. Dm me

Pls if u love that u cousin don't open betting business for him. U can dm me for reasons.
Re: If You Earn 2.5m Everymonth How Do You Invest? by richard870(m): 8:48am On Jul 10, 2023
professore:
I understand logistics. What's 3pl?
You can check online. You can hit me up for consultancy as this is what I am into
Re: If You Earn 2.5m Everymonth How Do You Invest? by Fadoria: 9:15am On Jul 10, 2023
Landed property
Re: If You Earn 2.5m Everymonth How Do You Invest? by bigrovar(m): 9:23am On Jul 10, 2023

2 Likes

Re: If You Earn 2.5m Everymonth How Do You Invest? by Ynix(m): 10:22am On Jul 10, 2023
KingintheNorth:
Guys I'm asking for a friend , if you are based abroad and earn 2.5 million naira after tax, what would you invest in Nigeria??
Nothing
Re: If You Earn 2.5m Everymonth How Do You Invest? by Divinesupply: 12:17pm On Jul 10, 2023
omoabike:

Wealth creation needs diversification. My US investment portfolio(shown below) is triple my Nigerian portfolio(in market value) for a reason. I use that to edge against all the attendant risks in the Nigerian economy.It's better for the OP to start with baby steps. That is the only way to build sustainable wealth. Let compounding do its works by reinvesting dividends. My portfolio 7 years ago is not the same as what I shared above which is my present portfolio.Investment is not black and white as you posit above. In terms of real returns, even taking into account devaluation and others, my Nigerian portfolio has given me better returns (In fact the bulk of the money that formed my US investment portfolio was from selling some of my earlier investments in the Nigerian Stock Exchange). Just learn how to pick good investments and hold them for minimum of 5 years. I actively started investing in the US in December 2019 (through one of the online investment platform apps)while I started investing in the Nigeria Stock market again actively in 2016. Returns over that time has been 10.5% for the US while for the Nigerian Stock Exchange when converted to dollars has been 140.09%. I bought my first share in the Nigerian stock market in 2007 and lost lots of money during the crash of 07/08. I stayed away from the market for almost 9 years until I realize why I lost money in 2007 was because I was TRADING NOT INVESTING IN GOOD BUSINESSES .After learning how to invest, I started investing again in 2016 with the remnant of my investments in 2007. So while I don't begrudge you your views on Nigeria, please note that there are so many shades of grey.

Do you have an office in Nigeria?
I need more information on this market.
Thanks.
Re: If You Earn 2.5m Everymonth How Do You Invest? by DrDunamis(m): 12:50pm On Jul 10, 2023
KingintheNorth:

Realestate and agriculture
Re: If You Earn 2.5m Everymonth How Do You Invest? by Blossom12: 1:15pm On Jul 10, 2023
Rathoreng:
MTFE is a scam ; go and get a deep knowledge in Blockchain and Stock market plus the fake fintrac registration in their website, then you shall reply me back, if any broker could offer passive income such easily why didn’t octa fx and iq options offered it , so also olymp trade, you guys should secure your finances and be careful

I've been using MTFE for some months now.
Just this morning i made this withdrawal (pix 1)

Keep on saying it is a scam, while we keep making money in it.

1 Like

Re: If You Earn 2.5m Everymonth How Do You Invest? by emmykk(m): 2:21pm On Jul 10, 2023
KingintheNorth:

Buy landed property they appreciate.dont give your money in trust to anyone as business partner.They will run away with it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Earn 2.5m Everymonth How Do You Invest? by lawani: 5:04pm On Jul 10, 2023
Pmedia7787:

I know at least one Ilesa girl I met at the University who grew up in Enugu and her parents are very well off and they would be living in their property back then in Enugu. There are all these pentecostal churches in the SE, are you saying they are all tenants?. When I was serving in Kogi state, I met one Ede man who had already more or less become Igbo in Nsukka and his Yoruba was very bad. He had a truck for transport business that I know of, I also saw Hausas in the same Nsukka speaking Igbo like natives. All these people will have properties in the SE but the problem is that no big city in the SE like we have in every other zone. A city of even one million will draw crowd. However there are non natives in the East in their millions doing business to make profit running into billions of naira everyday.
Re: If You Earn 2.5m Everymonth How Do You Invest? by omoabike: 5:09pm On Jul 10, 2023
Divinesupply:

Do you have an office in Nigeria?
I need more information on this market.
Thanks.
I am not a stock broker. I am just someone passionate about investing
Re: If You Earn 2.5m Everymonth How Do You Invest? by Divinesupply: 5:13pm On Jul 10, 2023
omoabike:

I am not a stock broker. I am just someone passionate about investing

Any avenue to guide new investors in this particular market ?
Re: If You Earn 2.5m Everymonth How Do You Invest? by omoabike: 5:23pm On Jul 10, 2023
Re: If You Earn 2.5m Everymonth How Do You Invest? by omoabike: 5:24pm On Jul 10, 2023
Divinesupply:

Please read the thread from start I already explained this
Re: If You Earn 2.5m Everymonth How Do You Invest? by omoabike: 5:26pm On Jul 10, 2023
Divinesupply:

Re: If You Earn 2.5m Everymonth How Do You Invest? by highchief1: 8:51pm On Jul 10, 2023
mrvitalis:
20 million definitely not Abuja, Lagos or anywhere in South East

Port Harcourt yes if u are lucky

20 million today is not 20 million 10 years ago... 10 years ago it was 4 million
thgs get as e be

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mini Importers: Dhl/Fedex/ Ups/Ems/Nipost And Nigerian Customs Public Feedback / I Have N15,000 To Invest. How Do I Go About It? / Stress Test: Banks In Secret Merger Talks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.