Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,040 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage (24950 Views)

Is Court And Church Marriage Certificate Thesame? / Which Tribe Has The cheapest Marriage Traditional Marriage Rite In Nigeria / I Thought Sleeping Unclad Was Fun, Until Rat Sucked My Nipple - Nigerian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by 004gist: 8:09pm On Jul 10, 2023
jmoore:

Go to the court and register your marriage.
Court don't register marriage rather its local government registry and federal marriage registry via ministry of interior.

hence there is nothing like court marriage.
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by yusufmurry: 8:09pm On Jul 10, 2023
Natbrowny:

Way to go boss.

Arrange dat PlanB well. These people don't care. Its a business to them in todays world.

Reduce all d bar. Where 20k dey. Run am down to 10k

Thats ur brides Church right.
Make wifey clear dem o.. These things scares men away even b4 marriage start

No Nigerian girl will clear that or spend a dime except she is the one that needs the weeding(may be age around 40)
When getting married to a Nigeria girl, know and prepare that 98% of the cost is on you.
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by frozen70(f): 8:09pm On Jul 10, 2023
westlius:
This weekend I had to go see my wife to be church that I would love to get married in there church, I went with a bottle of Drink (my mother inlaw told me to go with it). When I met the pastor omo the requirements pass bride price
1) He said we must get him a wine and an envelope. (Wine 2k cash 5k)

2) We would go see his head pastor with a Wine and envelope (Wine 2k, Cash 10k, transportation 5k)

3)I will pay for the marriage certificate he has forgotten the cost (My estimate 10k).

4) I will pay transportation for someone to go to Benin Edo state to get the certificate and register. (Estimate 30k from Porthacourt)

5) 5 men of God will come with there wives i will cook for them, I will give his wife money to cook ( I heard its 50k)

6) I will inform the church people i want to marry i will bring a cartoon of malt and 2 carbin biscuits (6k estimate)

7)I will give the pastors transportation and thanks for coming
(Head pastor 20k/second in command 2 persons 10k each (20k)/ the last 2 Persons 5k each thats (10k) total 50k for thanks for coming.
Pls who knows the procedure for church weddings.
Thanks.

File Photo Used for illustration

As if all these will guarantee a happy home and blissfull marriage

Anyway if you can stand the requirements go on

If you can't stand it, wed her in your church

If that doesn't work, follow your heart and advise yourself

1 Like

Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by sageb: 8:10pm On Jul 10, 2023
westlius:
This weekend I had to go see my wife to be church that I would love to get married in there church, I went with a bottle of Drink (my mother inlaw told me to go with it). When I met the pastor omo the requirements pass bride price

2) We would go see his head pastor with a Wine and envelope (Wine 2k, Cash 10k, transportation 5k)

3)I will pay for the marriage certificate he has forgotten the cost (My estimate 10k).

4) I will pay transportation for someone to go to Benin Edo state to get the certificate and register. (Estimate 30k from Porthacourt)

5) 5 men of God will come with there wives i will cook for them, I will give his wife money to cook ( I heard its 50k)

6) I will inform the church people i want to marry i will bring a cartoon of malt and 2 carbin biscuits (6k estimate)

(Head pastor 20k/second in command 2 persons 10k each (20k)/ the last 2 Persons 5k each thats (10k) total 50k for thanks for coming.
Thanks.

File Photo Used for illustration

seriously?
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by InvertedHammer: 8:13pm On Jul 10, 2023
westlius:

Thanks I truly appreciate, am planning doing white and traditional the same day.
After the church I will go to my womans place she is an inkwere lady
/

Look at the unnecessary pressure you are putting on yourself to impress those who couldn't care less about your existence.

I wonder what you will use to support your new family after wasting all the money on jamborees in this harsh economic conditions.

Go to the lady's family and perform all the marriage rites. Go to the Registry and get married. On Sunday, go to your church for prayers and blessings.

/

1 Like

Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by ultimateprof: 8:14pm On Jul 10, 2023
To marry for church is not by force. My brother use your akonuche!
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by jubrilELsudan: 8:16pm On Jul 10, 2023
FORGET ABOUT CHURCH WEDDING AND GO DO A COURT WEDDING THEN LATER IF IT BOTHERS YOU BOTH THEN YOU CAN DO BLESSING OF MARRIAGE

THAT NONESENSE CHURCH CERTIFICATE IS JUST A WORTHLESS PIECE OF PAPER THAT YOU CAN'T USE TO DO ANYTHING MEANINGFUL OUTSIDE THE SHORES OF NIGERIA

IF YOU THINK AM TALKING NONESENSE....USE THAT NONESENSE CHURCH CERTIFICATE TO GO APPLY FOR VISA AT AN EMBASSY

1 Like

Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by pek(m): 8:17pm On Jul 10, 2023
LikeAking:

Each church get dia own certificate.

Not completely true. It is mushroom churches. Churches get the certificate from ministry of Interior and that's the certificate that is recognized world wide.
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by maximizer61(m): 8:18pm On Jul 10, 2023
westlius:

I have a plan B
I can't spend about 150k for church wedding.
Its high for these economy noo
whereas 150k is very cheap for somep people. They can spend it without looking back. True true life no balance
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by Fibonacci88: 8:21pm On Jul 10, 2023
westlius:

Thanks.

FileMy own Dem tell me to buy diesel, prophet offering, church decorations, cook for choir and plenty stuffs. When I calculated all everything was about 200k I never even put wedding gown and my suit. I just tell my wife say make we use our head o. We just quietly run traditional and court. This month will mark our one yr anniversary. God has blessed us tremendously with a bouncing baby boy. I got promoted, got a better role within my organization, my wife also got a better job in her medical field. Church wedding is good but if the burden is too much do traditional that's what the bible recognizes. No go let person run u street into marriage o. Photo Used for illustration
My own Dem tell me to buy diesel, prophet offering, church decorations, cook for choir and plenty stuffs. When I calculated all everything was about 200k I never even put wedding gown and my suit. I just tell my wife say make we use our head o. We just quietly run traditional and court. This month will mark our one yr anniversary. God has blessed us tremendously with a bouncing baby boy. I got promoted, got a better role within my organization, my wife also got a better job in her medical field. Church wedding is good but if the burden is too much do traditional that's what the bible recognizes. No go let person run u street into marriage o.

3 Likes

Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by westlius(m): 8:25pm On Jul 10, 2023
Fibonacci88:

My own Dem tell me to buy diesel, prophet offering, church decorations, cook for choir and plenty stuffs. When I calculated all everything was about 200k I never even put wedding gown and my suit. I just tell my wife say make we use our head o. We just quietly run traditional and court. This month will mark our one yr anniversary. God has blessed us tremendously with a bouncing baby boy. I got promoted, got a better role within my organization, my wife also got a better job in her medical field. Church wedding is good but if the burden is too much do traditional that's what the bible recognizes. No go let person run u street into marriage o.

Thanks
The court and traditional, was it the same day?.
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by westlius(m): 8:26pm On Jul 10, 2023
maximizer61:
whereas 150k is very cheap for somep people. They can spend it without looking back. True true life no balance
Very tru my brother
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by President2001(m): 8:27pm On Jul 10, 2023
Well I can say you exagirate a little, let me enlighten you 1, we have different kinds of church wedding [a] Pastor's wedding - this only involved 2 Pastor's and 1 choir [b] we have workers wedding this involved 1 Pastor and workers it may not be all workers [c] we have elaborate wedding where full house must present
There no single Pastor that will compulsory the type of wedding you are going to do, your approach and presentation to the pastor in day 1 is matter most
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by Fibonacci88: 8:30pm On Jul 10, 2023
westlius:

Thanks
The court and traditional, was it the same day?.
I did court a month later after our honeymoon. The money I would have use in church wedding we use am enjoy our honeymoon even left with change. Though I still went back to my wife's pastor, gave the prophet offering and a bottle of wine. He was a spiritual father to my wife hence had to honor him
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by Lama70(m): 8:31pm On Jul 10, 2023
My friend, let me give you my piece of advice before you engage yourself in any unnecessary drama.

First, the country is not smiling. Therefore don't allow anyone to extort you in the guise of wedding or church things.

Second, it is obvious you are productively engaged. Is your wife also engaged in any work or business?

Thirdly, do you have a cash reserve to fall back on after wedding? The problem of most weddings is the frustration of no cash a few weeks after the event.

Half of the world's problems today is the idea of spending the money we haven't earned to show off to people we think don't like us. I used to have a supervisor at my place of work who sold his entire business to fund a wedding, and later joined us to offload goods as a labourer again. That was in the late 1990s. The funny thing is that he was so engrossed in his self-inflicted foolhardiness that he told those who cared to listen that he killed two cows during his so-called wedding.

The guy was left heartbroken to die a miserable death when the said wife left him to follow a rich man to America after three kids. Them even born twins self. Lol.
He was saddled with the responsibility of training three children alone with no viable means.

I agree that all marriages cannot be the same. But I will advice you seek a very cheap means to this wedding and leave the social media drama to those who can afford it. Keep your money for feeding and pampers and baby food. The rate at which new babies eat these days is alarming. Sometimes you want to think that your wife is even drinking the SMA gold self.

I didn't mind my in-laws when I was marrying. I talked to her and she understood. No wedding. We just settled dowry and promised them wedding at a later date. Next thing na naming we invite them next. Lol. Our children are already in the University and nobody is asking for their parent's marriage certificate.

A word is enough for the wise.

12 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by SyrusdeHansome(m): 8:32pm On Jul 10, 2023
soundOsonic:

E be like sayy na all this small igbo or akwa ibom churches.
It's not the church jurisdiction to issue certificate, go to registery and get your certificate, all this talk wey u dey talk na the pastor business.
Tell him u don't have money, you only need to tell the local pastor, all this unnecessary drama is extortion.
It's better you don't we'd there.

See this one. What of ur yoruba mega churches that are fun of using the fear of hell fire to force members into paying tithes? Or do u think we don't knw all these things?
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by pek(m): 8:34pm On Jul 10, 2023
yusufmurry:

No Nigerian girl will clear that or spend a dime except she is the one that needs the weeding wedding (may be age around 40)
When getting married to a Nigeria girl, know and prepare that 98% of the cost is on you.
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jul 10, 2023
MiztaDynameek:
Person wey never chop belle full wan marry. Only 150k for small marriage you dey complain. I no even understand how you wan take care of woman and kids if you dey fear to spend money like this untop say na you wan marry no be say anybody dey force you.

Are you on drugs or do you think they pluck money from trees in this hardened economy?
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by dododawa1: 8:39pm On Jul 10, 2023
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜„πŸ˜€πŸ˜
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by olakan22: 8:44pm On Jul 10, 2023
KunleAkingbadeh:
Go to any Government Registry at any Local Government Secretariat.

You can't spend more than 30k to obtain the Certificate.

The Church has no constitutional right to conduct marriages. What they do is solemnization which literally translates to Blessing of Marriage.

God bless your home!
Churches are authorized by law to conduct marriages on behalf of the state.
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by Zinosky10: 8:45pm On Jul 10, 2023
Better go for plan B bro. The demand is too much. The most important thing is the traditional marriage where you see her parents and pay for her bride price. All these white wedding is a borrowed tradition from the white man
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by bigiyaro(m): 8:47pm On Jul 10, 2023
Bros, na business center you go, no be church, na orators and motivational speakers bill you so.
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by edorhe14(m): 8:47pm On Jul 10, 2023
soundOsonic:
Did you formulate this in your head as you refuse to mention the church.
I don't think this is true
very true. Most of these churches are just leeches.
Bro I’d advise you to go for court wedding then go for blessing of marriage afterwards. I wedded in a church and wetin them use my eye see my mouth no fit talk.
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by Horllamideh(m): 8:48pm On Jul 10, 2023
I spent around 30k including the test we did at the Baptist Hospital. The Rev taught me in Junior Secondary School and that's more reason why we are able to bring everything down. We also bought food flasks for all officiating Ministers that are on the order of programme for the day. Everything sha total down to around 60k.
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by MadamExcellency: 8:53pm On Jul 10, 2023
He just said Church and everyone started giving out unsolicited opinion without asking the name of the Church.

For your information, the Church can be Synagogue of Satan, Church of Satan, or one Mermaid Spirit Church.

When you don't have necessary information to critic, stop and ask questions to ascertain the veracity of the message.
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by wizelink(m): 8:53pm On Jul 10, 2023
Oga run for your life. Milking machine has been prepared waiting for you. If that's your wife to be church then go to your own church or same church but in another location.
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by nick50(m): 8:55pm On Jul 10, 2023
We left church ,not God !!!

1 Like

Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:00pm On Jul 10, 2023
Idan wedder!
grin

wine & 5k envelope say wetin happen?
em na task collector?
Baba carry ya wife enter registery go sign paper & enter house.
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by donbenie(m): 9:01pm On Jul 10, 2023
Scam!
All na SCAM.πŸ₯±
Religion is a SCAM.πŸ’―
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by Natbrowny: 9:02pm On Jul 10, 2023
yusufmurry:

No Nigerian girl will clear that or spend a dime except she is the one that needs the weeding(may be age around 40)

Omo. Babes don even switch wahala ontop men.

Gosh
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:04pm On Jul 10, 2023
westlius:

My dear he was insisting of his own envelope before he will link me to the head church at Rukpokwu
na biiiiiig tif dat pastor be!

na me talk am I no fear anybody
Michaelsokoto is my name!
cool
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by donbenie(m): 9:04pm On Jul 10, 2023
MiztaDynameek:
Person wey never chop belle full wan marry. Only 150k for small marriage you dey complain. I no even understand how you wan take care of woman and kids if you dey fear to spend money like this untop say na you wan marry no be say anybody dey force you.
You must be a Werey..
150K just for the officiating?
Not to talk of Halls and Reception?
Na real Oponu you be.
THIEF🎯

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Please What Do You Think I Should Do Leave Or Continue? / I Am Scared Of Marriage, Advise Me Please / "Single Mom" Epidemic: Who Is To Blame- Men Or Ladies..?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.