Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,892 members, 7,817,625 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage (24954 Views)

Is Court And Church Marriage Certificate Thesame? / Which Tribe Has The cheapest Marriage Traditional Marriage Rite In Nigeria / I Thought Sleeping Unclad Was Fun, Until Rat Sucked My Nipple - Nigerian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by Olajohn0808: 12:07am On Jul 11, 2023
Azura (sister) also wife to Seth
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by yusufmurry: 12:34am On Jul 11, 2023
Natbrowny:

Omo. Babes don even switch wahala ontop men.

Gosh

Switch how?
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by westlius(m): 2:56am On Jul 11, 2023
Fibonacci88:

I did court a month later after our honeymoon. The money I would have use in church wedding we use am enjoy our honeymoon even left with change. Though I still went back to my wife's pastor, gave the prophet offering and a bottle of wine. He was a spiritual father to my wife hence had to honor him
Ok

2 Likes

Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by westlius(m): 2:57am On Jul 11, 2023
stampo:
Drop the pastor's number here for me...

I need to have a gentleman talk with him...

I believe others will like to hear from him as well.
No na
D church is at igwuruta li area

1 Like

Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by ChybuzzDD(m): 3:00am On Jul 11, 2023
AndroidAI:
You went to Yahoo Yahoo headquarter and you expect not to get billed? There is no difference between Yahoo boys and pastors. They are the same, but in different formats. They are there to manipulate you in any way possible until something falls out of your pocket.

I remember years ago my granny called some pastors for some family deliverance. Can you imagine that before they started, they had to be served food in a cooler, and they positioned themselves and gulped down everything like hungry lions.

When deliverance started, they nearly broke my neck because I refused to fall.

Those family deliverance stuffs are just pure scams being perpetrated on the gullible and uninformed.

There's no such thing as family reliverance.

Man should only be delivered from his own inherent weaknesses and that's only by himself. So, man should deliver himself from himself.

1 Like

Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by westlius(m): 3:01am On Jul 11, 2023
ednut1:
is the daughter for sale In many place bridge price no pass 10k. Give them 50k to hold body na hahahaha
My own na 300k
With other thinks
Spent about 1.5 mill in all
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by countryman13: 4:02am On Jul 11, 2023
westlius:
This weekend I had to go see my wife to be church that I would love to get married in there church, I went with a bottle of Drink (my mother inlaw told me to go with it). When I met the pastor omo the requirements pass bride price
1) He said we must get him a wine and an envelope. (Wine 2k cash 5k)

2) We would go see his head pastor with a Wine and envelope (Wine 2k, Cash 10k, transportation 5k)

3)I will pay for the marriage certificate he has forgotten the cost (My estimate 10k).

4) I will pay transportation for someone to go to Benin Edo state to get the certificate and register. (Estimate 30k from Porthacourt)

5) 5 men of God will come with there wives i will cook for them, I will give his wife money to cook ( I heard its 50k)

6) I will inform the church people i want to marry i will bring a cartoon of malt and 2 carbin biscuits (6k estimate)

7)I will give the pastors transportation and thanks for coming
(Head pastor 20k/second in command 2 persons 10k each (20k)/ the last 2 Persons 5k each thats (10k) total 50k for thanks for coming.
Pls who knows the procedure for church weddings.
Thanks.

File Photo Used for illustration
Which church is that? Alternatively, look for any members of your family or friend who's a pastor to bless the union for you.
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by charlsecy(m): 6:12am On Jul 11, 2023
LikeAking:
Each church get dia own certificate.
It's not recognised by the law. You can't use them to effect changes in banks, for example. You will need the one from Local Government at least.
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by HRMK: 6:14am On Jul 11, 2023
you are lucky its not even more but you can always negotiate!
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by Successonpoint: 6:26am On Jul 11, 2023
Before you go spend such amount of money, do loyalty test o. E get why.

westlius:
This weekend I had to go see my wife to be church that I would love to get married in there church, I went with a bottle of Drink (my mother inlaw told me to go with it). When I met the pastor omo the requirements pass bride price

2) We would go see his head pastor with a Wine and envelope (Wine 2k, Cash 10k, transportation 5k)

3)I will pay for the marriage certificate he has forgotten the cost (My estimate 10k).

4) I will pay transportation for someone to go to Benin Edo state to get the certificate and register. (Estimate 30k from Porthacourt)

5) 5 men of God will come with there wives i will cook for them, I will give his wife money to cook ( I heard its 50k)

6) I will inform the church people i want to marry i will bring a cartoon of malt and 2 carbin biscuits (6k estimate)

(Head pastor 20k/second in command 2 persons 10k each (20k)/ the last 2 Persons 5k each thats (10k) total 50k for thanks for coming.
Thanks.

Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by Anonymoususher: 6:41am On Jul 11, 2023
Just last week I went to visit my fiancee's family and talk led to talk she (My fiancee's mom) started telling me about a guy that paid dowry and didn't do traditional marriage and another one that did trad but no church wedding.

She was talking about how it isn't cool and I had to chip in and told her that even me I have no plans of doing such. I plan to make it as small as possible. Come with just my mom, elder brother and my uncle who is standing as a father to pay dowry then take my wife and leave. My brother is a pastor and he can always bless our union while we proceed to court wedding after that.

I could see the disappointment on her face. She is the women leader in her state chapter while my fiancee is her first daughter so the expectations are huge but we have to call a spade a spade.

I explained further to her that we are both from poor backgrounds. We know each family's story and things are not rosy for my fiancee's family at all so we can't afford to please the crowd and go hungry after wedding.

I grew up in front of my fiancee's parents (we were neighbours) so there is nothing hidden about me or about them that none of us doesn't know.

Our relationship is 6yrs old and she is in school while I have been the key to her survival in that school because her parents are struggling to feed talk more of catering for her, then as her fiancé and looking at how far we've come I had to step up and be supportive to her.

We started dating when I was on a 30k a month job in 2017 as a fresh graduate. While she was just 18yrs old then, in 2019 from my little savings I set up a POS business which she was helping me to manage in her mom's shop while I focused on finding other sources of income. When covid 19 came, POS business grew and we opened another one which she also managed and her mom in her shop began helping me to manage the first one. That was how I was able to build until I quit my 30k job and started other business.

The POS business crashed after my fiancee gained admission in 2021 and went to school and other people I employed couldn't manage it like she did, even my younger brother. There were silly mistakes and losses so I had to close it because I already had a serious business I was doing and getting better income.

So that is our story and we have been from scratch together.

When I explained to the mom reason I will not do an elaborate wedding, her gloomy face brightened up and she said OK.

I can't feed crowd with life savings then I go home with your daughter to drink garri. Unless you have plans to support the wedding.

Because I intend to save cost and use it to establish a business for your daughter (my wife) Incase she graduates and unable to get a good job.

Secondly I am saving towards our japa after marriage.

She said that is nice and she is pleased with my idea.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by Killermamba: 6:42am On Jul 11, 2023
westlius:

Thanks.

Dey play church and traditional marriage dey drag seniority for billing.
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by Reader530(m): 7:02am On Jul 11, 2023
My brother, I am from the north. Even in the north, marriage is not cheap. A woman will furnish the room, do gara i.e feeding. It costs nothing less than ₦700k. This is poor home. For the man. You spend not less than 1 million. Buying wrappers, feeding, dowry. Marriage entirely is not cheap. Our ladies in the north buy everything in the room from TV Set, bed, fridge, kitchen utensils and enough food called Gara. This is common and we are complaining here oooo.

1 Like

Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by ibinaboonline: 7:07am On Jul 11, 2023
How u go feel when they come to offer you 50k for your beautiful daughter you've dotted on and trained through school for the past 20 years? Shey d man no go show respect by presenting a valuable gift. It didn't mean the daughter is for sale.
ednut1:
is the daughter for sale In many place bridge price no pass 10k. Give them 50k to hold body na hahahaha
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by ibinaboonline: 7:13am On Jul 11, 2023
I believe u. Was shocked when I learned they give from 100 to even a thousand cows in Uganda. Poor country o. But they're mostly farmers. So, I understandably assumed cows must be cheap there, but got shocked again when they told me the value of one cow is the equivalent of $1k.
Reader530:
My brother, I am from the north. Even in the north, marriage is not cheap. A woman will furnish the room, do gara i.e feeding. It costs nothing less than ₦700k. This is poor home. For the man. You spend not less than 1 million. Buying wrappers, feeding, dowry. Marriage entirely is not cheap. Our ladies in the north buy everything in the room from TV Set, bed, fridge, kitchen utensils and enough food called Gara. This is common and we are complaining here oooo.
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by ShaqFu: 7:32am On Jul 11, 2023
westlius:

Thanks.

Lol. This one done pass bride price na. All for marriage.

Men like this pastor make marriage very difficult. Chai.
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by udeh3(m): 7:40am On Jul 11, 2023
westlius:

I am just coming from there about 3 hours ago
He says he head church is in Benin. Edo state

I can understand. Mine is almost like this!
I even told the pastor I don't need the members, only the workers and the pastor(s). I'm also given honorarium to pastors that will be available. I dey beg Dem make Dem nor bring too many pastors, I still dey wait for reply
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by limsycutey(f): 7:45am On Jul 11, 2023
This one na Ebina church. In my church, you make provision for the priests on your own and you can invite as many as you want. No be by force to have 5. In my house, we used to buy small coolers and pack food and drinks for the priests and give them money at our discretion, no one dictates for you. That’s all
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by limsycutey(f): 7:50am On Jul 11, 2023
Anonymoususher:
Just last week I went to visit my fiancee's family and talk led to talk she (My fiancee's mom) started telling me about a guy that paid dowry and didn't do traditional marriage and another one that did trad but no church wedding.

She was talking about how it isn't cool and I had to chip in and told her that even me I have no plans of doing such. I plan to make it as small as possible. Come with just my mom, elder brother and my uncle who is standing as a father to pay dowry then take my wife and leave. My brother is a pastor and he can always bless our union while we proceed to court wedding after that.

I could see the disappointment on her face. She is the women leader in her state chapter while my fiancee is her first daughter so the expectations are huge but we have to call a spade a spade.

I explained further to her that we are both from poor backgrounds. We know each family's story and things are not rosy for my fiancee's family at all so we can't afford to please the crowd and go hungry after wedding.

I grew up in front of my fiancee's parents (we were neighbours) so there is nothing hidden about me or about them that none of us doesn't know.

Our relationship is 6yrs old and she is in school while I have been the key to her survival in that school because her parents are struggling to feed talk more of catering for her, then as her fiancé and looking at how far we've come I had to step up and be supportive to her.

We started dating when I was on a 30k a month job in 2017 as a fresh graduate. While she was just 18yrs old then, in 2019 from my little savings I set up a POS business which she was helping me to manage in her mom's shop while I focused on finding other sources of income. When covid 19 came, POS business grew and we opened another one which she also managed and her mom in her shop began helping me to manage the first one. That was how I was able to build until I quit my 30k job and started other business.

The POS business crashed after my fiancee gained admission in 2021 and went to school and other people I employed couldn't manage it like she did, even my younger brother. There were silly mistakes and losses so I had to close it because I already had a serious business I was doing and getting better income.

So that is our story and we have been from scratch together.

When I explained to the mom reason I will not do an elaborate wedding, her gloomy face brightened up and she said OK.

I can't feed crowd with life savings then I go home with your daughter to drink garri. Unless you have plans to support the wedding.

Because I intend to save cost and use it to establish a business for your daughter (my wife) Incase she graduates and unable to get a good job.

Secondly I am saving towards our japa after marriage.

She said that is nice and she is pleased with my idea.

You are right. But after the paying of bride price, try organize small reception in the living room for close family members only with cake cutting (for pictures). All these won’t tear pocket, it’s good to be prudent but some little little things matter too. God bless your union.
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by riczy(m): 8:05am On Jul 11, 2023
ednut1:
Once you go to registry you are married . Give her family a token as bride price. Stop allowing these useless pastors dictate to you. They are hungry conmen
wat of items in traditional marriage list, its beyond the token as purported!
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by michaelwilli(m): 8:37am On Jul 11, 2023
westlius:

Thanks.
I will let the pst know via my mother inlaw with a token.
I was happy my bride even says d money is much
She was just pinching me when he was coating d money

Na sabi woman you carry. I wish your marriage success and fruitfulness.
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by kelspinall(m): 8:44am On Jul 11, 2023
look for another church
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by westlius(m): 9:04am On Jul 11, 2023
michaelwilli:

Na sabi woman you carry. I wish your marriage success and fruitfulness.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by westlius(m): 9:06am On Jul 11, 2023
udeh3:

I can understand. Mine is almost like this!
I even told the pastor I don't need the members, only the workers and the pastor(2). I'm also given honorarium to pastors that will be available. I dey beg Dem make Dem nor bring too many pastors, I still dey wait for reply
Very tru
Some persons on Nairaland feels the story is fabricated
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by westlius(m): 9:07am On Jul 11, 2023
Successonpoint:
Before you go spend such amount of money, do loyalty test o. E get why.

Hahaha sure she pass am

1 Like

Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by Mwanamume(m): 9:43am On Jul 11, 2023
westlius:

OP..How far you? I know this couple damn well...Chat me abeg..Wow!!!

Thanks.

Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by ferhyntorlah(f): 10:07am On Jul 11, 2023
westlius:

Thanks.

I seriously feel for you sir.

If I were you, I will just do civil wedding aka court wedding and later go and meet the pastor with your wife for blessings.

That's all.

PS: That's if your wife to be will accept it because some women just like unnecessary fanfare.

Wedding is just a day's event.
There is the marriage to face.

1 Like

Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by Acidosis(m): 10:16am On Jul 11, 2023
Ancient (long-standing traditional) churches make their monies from weddings and burials, particularly those in the remote areas. I know a church in my village that loves burials more than salvation. Dem no dey take ear hear say pesin die, especially those old grannies and grandpas with wealthy children..Omo!

...but, from a general point of view, Church weddings are relatively cheap.
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by Anonymoususher: 10:20am On Jul 11, 2023
limsycutey:

You are right. But after the paying of bride price, try organize small reception in the living room for close family members only with cake cutting (for pictures). All these won’t tear pocket, it’s good to be prudent but some little little things matter too. God bless your union.

That one is normal. There will be food and drinks in the house for close family members and friends.

I am talking about throwing lavish reception. I can never try that.
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by linearity: 10:40am On Jul 11, 2023
Bros N150k is like $200, that is cheap to cover all the church administrative requirements.

You don’t do this twice, even at the cheapest, your traditional bride price requirements wouldn’t be cheaper than that.

I don’t know what you mean by ‘just paying the dowry’ and having a little get to get with the family.

You don’t pay dowry directly to the bride parents, you pay it to the community who then give you a receipt and give the parents their portion and the community marriage community have their marriage lists and requirements that you must follow.

Anything worth doing is worth doing well. Everyone in that community who does church or traditional marriage goes through this same process and I doubt if you are the poorest among them.

Go back to the Pastor and negotiate the barest minimum that would be required to take care of the church stuff while explaining your situation with the Pastor.

Negotiate the marriage list with your inlaws, there are lots of things that can be waived.

In all, don’t cut corners do your marriage proper, yes cut out the reception if you can’t afford it, but do the basic church and traditional stuff.

After you guys are long gone, the parents and relatives of the bride will be left behind in the community to face the stigma and ridicule of how their kids were not properly married.
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by Ehinjuola: 11:06am On Jul 11, 2023
Xammie001:
if i can comment, Most one man churches do this as bragging rights,IN My church MFM all you need to do is Go through 6 months rigourous Marriage councellorship program,Meet the pastor after the 6 months and give them date and the food is at your discretion
Which one is rigorous marriage counseling again? cheesy

Na der I wan marry ooo
No scare me abeg -sad
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by Digitalben(m): 11:22am On Jul 11, 2023
As someone who values the institution of marriage, I must say that the concept of a church marriage being the cheapest one is quite intriguing. It's true that getting married in a church often involves minimal expenses compared to lavish destination weddings or extravagant ceremonies.

However, I believe the true value of a marriage lies not in its cost but in the love, commitment, and support shared between two individuals. Whether it's a grand celebration or a simple ceremony, what truly matters is the bond and the promises made.

Ultimately, the cost of a marriage should never overshadow the significance of the commitment being made.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"Single Mom" Epidemic: Who Is To Blame- Men Or Ladies..? / I Am Scared Of Marriage, Advise Me Please / On Saggy Boobs And 'loose' Vaginas.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.