Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,504 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage (24953 Views)

Is Court And Church Marriage Certificate Thesame? / Which Tribe Has The cheapest Marriage Traditional Marriage Rite In Nigeria / I Thought Sleeping Unclad Was Fun, Until Rat Sucked My Nipple - Nigerian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by linearity: 9:17pm On Jul 10, 2023
Faber:
Omo I am yet to hear of the church and Pastor that wedded Adam and Eve our so called first parents..., Adam use im hand wed Eve🤔🤔

Also I dey wonder everyday I see a bible, either Good News bible, KJV etc; how Adam and Even gave birth to only 3 sons, two died out of family squabble (Cain and Abel) the last one born is Seth. Now what baffles me is where Seth went and married the woman with whom he populated the world. Whose daughter Oga Seth married? 🤔🤔

Religion na scam, use your head...it is just a public association of people believing in some power and creator somewhere. No one can deny me my joy or carry me go where I no know or place a heavy burden on my head because of African version of Christianity...e no fit happen

Gen. 5:4
“…And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters…”

The Bible can’t list all the children of Adam & Eve, those three were mentioned because they marked an important event and message to be passed down.

Adam was 130 years when he had Seth, and after Adam gave birth to Seth, he lived another 800 years, and the Bible said, he gave birth to sons & daughters during this time.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by soundOsonic: 9:29pm On Jul 10, 2023
SyrusdeHansome:

See this one. What of ur yoruba mega churches that are fun of using the fear of hell fire to force members into paying tithes? Or do u think we don't knw all these things?
Calm down I am not Yoruba, I am igbo.
I am not dragging anything, if you are an Igbo or akwa ibom man you will know what I am saying is true.
I don't think any Yoruba person can relate to what I said, they don't know.
Those small igbo and akwa ibom churches are fond of doing this thing.
The way I called them out, is the way I as a Nigeria will call Nigerians out for online scamming

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by stampo: 9:33pm On Jul 10, 2023
Drop the pastor's number here for me...

I need to have a gentleman talk with him...

I believe others will like to hear from him as well.
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by alizma: 9:34pm On Jul 10, 2023
ERROR ERROR ERROR
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by LikeAking: 9:45pm On Jul 10, 2023
Xammie001:
if i can comment, Most one man churches do this as bragging rights,IN My church MFM all you need to do is Go through 6 months rigourous Marriage councellorship program,Meet the pastor after the 6 months and give them date and the food is at your discretion

6 months wetin?
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by LikeAking: 9:50pm On Jul 10, 2023
MadamExcellency:
He just said Church and everyone started giving out unsolicited opinion without asking the name of the Church.

For your information, the Church can be Synagogue of Satan, Church of Satan, or one Mermaid Spirit Church.

When you don't have necessary information to critic, stop and ask questions to ascertain the veracity of the message.

Those churches you mentioned, no dey bill person. We all know the churches wey dey bill person..

Lolx.
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by MiztaDynameek: 9:52pm On Jul 10, 2023
donbenie:
You must be a Werey..
150K just for the officiating?
Not to talk of Halls and Reception?
Na real Oponu you be.
THIEF🎯

Before you decide to marry na free before? Anybody dey force you. Men dey do marriage with money and don't complain because they prepare for it before going into it. Not trying to go into it and complain about what you meet just along the way. Only broke ass guys complain about stuffs like this. If it's too much for you then don't spit it out in public like a broke ass nigga, go low key and do whatever pleases you.

People wey dey use millions do marriage na also thief abi
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by Tompson88: 9:52pm On Jul 10, 2023
Thanks bro,go to registry to have the authentic certificate, pay the bride's price,double what they will be expecting from you for the parent of your wife to be,have their prayers, your family is blessed do away with unnecessary expenses, doing that, in-law will respect and like you,money saved will be invested to start life at fullest.
ednut1:
Once you go to registry you are married . Give her family a token as bride price. Stop allowing these useless pastors dictate to you. They are hungry conmen

1 Like

Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by Harrynight(m): 9:58pm On Jul 10, 2023
cry

Know the truth and the truth will set you free...

Only the wise with Godly Wisdom will understand this

1 Like

Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by Obiebanks007(m): 9:59pm On Jul 10, 2023
Faber:
Omo I am yet to hear of the church and Pastor that wedded Adam and Eve our so called first parents..., Adam use im hand wed Eve🤔🤔

Also I dey wonder everyday I see a bible, either Good News bible, KJV etc; how Adam and Even gave birth to only 3 sons, two died out of family squabble (Cain and Abel) the last one born is Seth. Now what baffles me is where Seth went and married the woman with whom he populated the world. Whose daughter Oga Seth married? 🤔🤔

Religion na scam, use your head...it is just a public association of people believing in some power and creator somewhere. No one can deny me my joy or carry me go where I no know or place a heavy burden on my head because of African version of Christianity...e no fit happen

Religion no be scam, just that it has been adulterated...only pray for God to give you the ability to detect what's right from wrong..

Shalom.

1 Like

Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by NamelessOGBENI(m): 10:01pm On Jul 10, 2023
westlius:

I have a plan B
I can't spend about 150k for church wedding.
Its high for these economy noo
I like you...
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by Batman2412(m): 10:05pm On Jul 10, 2023
If it is cheap and easy, black man will never appreciate it
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by ibinaboonline: 10:05pm On Jul 10, 2023
But envelope give am na
westlius:

My dear he was insisting of his own envelope before he will link me to the head church at Rukpokwu
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by ibinaboonline: 10:08pm On Jul 10, 2023
Tell him u don't have money
I just burst out laughing after reading this part.

soundOsonic:

E be like sayy na all this small igbo or akwa ibom churches.
It's not the church jurisdiction to issue certificate, go to registery and get your certificate, all this talk wey u dey talk na the pastor business.
Tell him u don't have money, you only need to tell the local pastor, all this unnecessary drama is extortion.
It's better you don't we'd there.
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by MrSly(m): 10:10pm On Jul 10, 2023
KunleAkingbadeh:
Go to any Government Registry at any Local Government Secretariat.

You can't spend more than 30k to obtain the Certificate.

The Church has no constitutional right to conduct marriages. What they do is solemnization which literally translates to Blessing of Marriage.

God bless your home!

The law by any means has no place in marriage. It is a secret affair not legal affair.
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by ibinaboonline: 10:11pm On Jul 10, 2023
Give her family a token as bride price.
Oga mi ednut1, na person daughter u dey talk so o.
ednut1:
Once you go to registry you are married . Give her family a token as bride price. Stop allowing these useless pastors dictate to you. They are hungry conmen
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by Blackdisciple(m): 10:11pm On Jul 10, 2023
You say..!!! undecided
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by emekajacobogbon(m): 10:25pm On Jul 10, 2023
Faber:

My man 12 bottles for you.
Na so I go meet rev. Father for wedding procedures and he started telling me all sorts of things that doesn't make life easier in anyway.
I quietly left him and fulfilled the traditional rites that's all.

1 Like

Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by Dogi1(m): 10:27pm On Jul 10, 2023
I have been a victim also.

1 Like

Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by gregng(m): 10:27pm On Jul 10, 2023
Fabricated lies...

quote author=westlius post=124334376] This weekend I had to go see my wife to be church that I would love to get married in there church, I went with a bottle of Drink (my mother inlaw told me to go with it). When I met the pastor omo the requirements pass bride price
1) He said we must get him a wine and an envelope. (Wine 2k cash 5k)

2) We would go see his head pastor with a Wine and envelope (Wine 2k, Cash 10k, transportation 5k)

3)I will pay for the marriage certificate he has forgotten the cost (My estimate 10k).

4) I will pay transportation for someone to go to Benin Edo state to get the certificate and register. (Estimate 30k from Porthacourt)

5) 5 men of God will come with there wives i will cook for them, I will give his wife money to cook ( I heard its 50k)

6) I will inform the church people i want to marry i will bring a cartoon of malt and 2 carbin biscuits (6k estimate)

7)I will give the pastors transportation and thanks for coming
(Head pastor 20k/second in command 2 persons 10k each (20k)/ the last 2 Persons 5k each thats (10k) total 50k for thanks for coming.
Pls who knows the procedure for church weddings.
Thanks.

File Photo Used for illustration[/quote]
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by ednut1(m): 10:28pm On Jul 10, 2023
ibinaboonline:
Give her family a token as bride price.
Oga mi ednut1, na person daughter u dey talk so o.
is the daughter for sale In many place bridge price no pass 10k. Give them 50k to hold body na hahahaha
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by Monday60655(m): 10:39pm On Jul 10, 2023
westlius:

I am just coming from there about 3 hours ago
He says he head church is in Benin. Edo state

But you went to their branch in Por-tHarcourt right! What is the name of the church you went to that gave you the breakdown you narrated here.
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by Artzdanielsz(m): 10:42pm On Jul 10, 2023
Wetin do your church
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by Monday60655(m): 10:43pm On Jul 10, 2023
What is the name of the church Mr man? From there further comment and advice will follow.
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by Davidson1010: 11:02pm On Jul 10, 2023
Faber:

Don't like commenting, but permit me to reply you.
Theologically speaking, the moment God made Adam to sleep and produce Eve from his rip, He(God) has officially ordain (officiated) thier union. That is, God acted as the pastor who officiated their wedding.
Secondly, we where told, according to scripture, that we have fallen Angels that settled on earth.

1 Like

Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by Evilspirit666: 11:02pm On Jul 10, 2023
And e fit be say the wife no be virgin
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by Cti28(m): 11:04pm On Jul 10, 2023
westlius:
This weekend I had to go see my wife to be church that I would love to get married in there church, I went with a bottle of Drink (my mother inlaw told me to go with it). When I met the pastor omo the requirements pass bride price
1) He said we must get him a wine and an envelope. (Wine 2k cash 5k)

2) We would go see his head pastor with a Wine and envelope (Wine 2k, Cash 10k, transportation 5k)

3)I will pay for the marriage certificate he has forgotten the cost (My estimate 10k).

4) I will pay transportation for someone to go to Benin Edo state to get the certificate and register. (Estimate 30k from Porthacourt)

5) 5 men of God will come with there wives i will cook for them, I will give his wife money to cook ( I heard its 50k)

6) I will inform the church people i want to marry i will bring a cartoon of malt and 2 carbin biscuits (6k estimate)

7)I will give the pastors transportation and thanks for coming
(Head pastor 20k/second in command 2 persons 10k each (20k)/ the last 2 Persons 5k each thats (10k) total 50k for thanks for coming.
Pls who knows the procedure for church weddings.
Thanks.

File Photo Used for illustration

I have no advice to give you, please pay up all that you were billed.

When they tell you guys to study your Bibles, you won't.

Through out the Bible, the Church never for once conducted any wedding - wedding was exclusively arranged by each family.

The institutionalized Church system, which is an aberration of what the true Church is, has invented so much extraneous rules and doctrines which have no Biblical root, which it uses to manipulate and cage it's members.

These men will become jobless the moment Christians begin to study the Bible for themselves.
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by okewumi: 11:33pm On Jul 10, 2023
Which kind wahala be thjs. RUN FOR UR LIFE.

When went for interview at embassy, they just asked me to arrange my supporting documents l came with and IMMEDIATELY they removed my church wedding and told me to keep it. The only one they accepted was court which was registry. The church is just paper. Don't let anybody bababluu you.

Use ur heard. Fuel is #500. ThrThe church too is not smiling. We couldn't go to neither church nor mosque during Covid and yet God answers prayer. Use ur money to invest. Do u know how much they sell diapers and to set up home? Church needs money. Use ur head bro
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by ArewaNightmare: 11:43pm On Jul 10, 2023
LikeAking:

Each church get dia own certificate.

Lies 🤣 them dey run una street 😂 they obtain those certs from customary courts
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by kelvinovie25(m): 11:45pm On Jul 10, 2023
LikeAking:

Each church get dia own certificate.

Don't collect any church cert, it's not recognize outside Nigeria

1 Like

Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by Olajohn0808: 12:05am On Jul 11, 2023
Faber:

Also I dey wonder everyday I see a bible, either Good News bible, KJV etc; how Adam and Even gave birth to only 3 sons, two died out of family squabble (Cain and Abel) the last one born is Seth. Now what baffles me is where Seth went and married the woman with whom he populated the world. Whose daughter Oga Seth married? 🤔🤔 Azura (sister) is also wife to Seth

Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by Olajohn0808: 12:06am On Jul 11, 2023
Faber:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Please What Do You Think I Should Do Leave Or Continue? / "Single Mom" Epidemic: Who Is To Blame- Men Or Ladies..? / I Am Scared Of Marriage, Advise Me Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.