Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,006 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English (36036 Views)

Lagos Commences Distribution Of Palliatives To Citizens / Ondo Election: Analytics Of Official Results As Announced By INEC / Magu Moves His Personal Belongings Out Of Official Residence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by RolexOfGeneva(m): 3:25pm On Jul 12, 2023
LegendHero:

That’s correct. All state must follow suit.

But in the South, we need an official language just as the North where Hausa is spoken across the entire 19 Northern states.

I have a proposal of adopting Yoruba as the official language of the South. What do you think?
You and who? The rest of the south view yorubas as traitors if you don't know. We'll never forget how they preferred a northerner to a fellow southerner in 2015.
Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by bashlek(m): 3:40pm On Jul 12, 2023
Ykc2:
why can't the whole southern Nigeria adopt igbo?

No oooo, u are minority naw……A dot in a big circle……Na Buhari talk am oooo, no be me..lol

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by Electorate: 4:04pm On Jul 12, 2023
bjdon:

I don't understand your anger. This is very normal in Europe. In Wales all govt notices are in Welsh and English. In Quebec in Canada its French and English. As long as all govt notices and publications are provided in English there is no problem if they are also provided in other languages.
Every state can do the same

It is normal in those countries because that's how they started but not after 63 years of independence in Nigeria you now wake up to implement it if not for tribalism. You guys must think everyone is as dum.b as you are.

The process of dividing Nigeria have already began under Tinubu, he already told everyone years back that he doesn't believe in Nigeria.

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by CartelKenneth: 5:03pm On Jul 12, 2023
clearcrystal:

Okoro go dey speak English for your family in your village.
How many times will they tell you that Lagos is not for you. 😂

So who is Lagos now for
My 3 mansions and 5 cars in Lagos will pass to who
U useless yoruba oil pepper people
Over my dead body

1 Like

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by INDOMIE9090(f): 5:11pm On Jul 12, 2023
CartelKenneth:

So who is Lagos now for
Over my dead body
online chest beater
The w€Rey might not even have a bicycle

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by blabulu2000: 5:22pm On Jul 12, 2023
Last week.Bauchi Promulgate.laws that will.enable the house of.Assembly member to.be communicating in Hausa.Fulani...but...

Till.tomorrow....if you in Germany, you will.pay people.to.learn German language...and yet investors are still.tropping.to Germany...

Japan, Russian....

Is.like some people from one Yeye region who.had wrong motive about Lagos state are the only one gnashing their teeth....

Go back to your region...or Learn to speak Yoruba language....this is called self preservation.....cuktural.preservation....heritage preservation....our culture and heritage doesn't suppose to end in one corner behind shrine.but must be instill.in our daily...business.activites.....

For you to survive in China...chinese language is important...and other region in China also.have their peculiar language....

Those who are not.pleased with it.should leave...

Awolowo.made western region self sufficient....without foreign contribution of.loans and humanitarian.supports....and now, Yoruba land.has all.the human and natural.resources to.make the region self sufficient.....

#we_move

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by clearcrystal: 5:22pm On Jul 12, 2023
CartelKenneth:

So who is Lagos now for
Over my dead body

You mean 3 wheelbarrows you use to sell Bluetooth speakers and Oraimo charger.
All your investment in Lagos cannot full a polybag.
Na night bus you go take return back to Nnewi.
Asiere

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by 43Ronin: 5:22pm On Jul 12, 2023
ehen, so that thing they said is true, that before the creation of Midwest yorubas tried to force their language on Edo abd delta people
Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by 43Ronin: 5:24pm On Jul 12, 2023
blabulu2000:
Last week.Bauchi Promulgate.laws that will.enable the house of.Assembly member to.be communicating in Hausa.Fulani...but...

Till.tomorrow....if you in Germany, you will.pay people.to.learn German language...and yet investors are still.tropping.to Germany...

Japan, Russian....

Is.like some people from one Yeye region who.had wrong motive about Lagos state are the only one gnashing their teeth....

Go back to your region...or Learn to speak Yoruba language....this is called self preservation.....cuktural.preservation....heritage preservation....our culture and heritage doesn't suppose to end in one corner behind shrine.but must be instill.in our daily...business.activites.....

For you to survive in China...chinese language is important...and other region in China also.have their peculiar language....

Those who are not.pleased with it.should leave...

Awolowo.made western region self sufficient....without foreign contribution of.loans and humanitarian.supports....and now, Yoruba land.has all.the human and natural.resources to.make the region self sufficient.....

#we_move
there's no Igboman born and raised in lagos that doesn't speak or hear yoruba fluently.
Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by 43Ronin: 5:25pm On Jul 12, 2023
I expect Nigerdelta to follow suit, no oil company jobs if you cannot speak ikwere or ijaw. Let all the yorubas occupying the oil industry go to their state and speak Yoruba
Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by olaolaking: 5:39pm On Jul 12, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
The quick to respond "I don't understand Yoruba " crew just got served. Even forms and job interviews in Lagos will be conducted in Yoruba and Egun. Incentives will be given to organisations that adapt to this current reality.

Also, the Yoruba parents and woke will know the meaning of "Yoruba dun" wink

This is LASG helping them and their parents by teaching them the education most of them missed at home. Odun joor! like Radio Lagos 107.5 FM will scream in its jingle.

If you want to be part of the modern Lagos, learn Yoruba. If you are not ready to learn the language, stay back in your village, it's not by force . After all, you can still make it in your village.

The secret behind our success in Lagos is in our Yoruba culture and language, it encodes the spirit of Omoluabi, if you want to succeed in Lagos, go and learn Yoruba.
There is no Badagry indigene who will not understand Yoruba because they're an eya of Yoruba.

Those who hate the Yoruba and forming "I have been in Yorubaland for donkey years" , but can't speak Yoruba are plainly ignorant people. You can not spend years in a place and don't understand the language of your
host anywhere in the world unless you hate your host. I was thoroughly embarrassed when I watched a Mr Obi who has been in Lagos for decades use Prof Pat Utomi as his interpreter for Yoruba Language ,I knew immediately that he isn't serious about getting people to know him. It was the ignorance of Mr Obi displayed in public view. There is no way I can spend that long in Igboland and not speak Igbo.

This policy will help us know those who have mixed ignorance with hatred for the Yoruba their host.

Learn Yoruba and if you can't, no problem, just know that No Yoruba, no Lagos life for you
niyen. If you spend donkey years in Lagos and have mastered Yoruba, it will help you when you return to the village in your retirement because you will see Yoruba corps, Police etc posted to your village and they will appreciate your village more because of you they found there to speak Yoruba with. The other villagers will be envious of you and wish they have your clout.

We don't hate you, we just want those who love us and respect our culture to flourish in our land while those who hate us can stay back in their villages. The sky is big enough!
God bless Lagos state and Nigeria for ever!
Check my signature for free stuffs!
I have been so consistent about this in my Facebook posts. We must reclaim our culture (language and religion) enough of all the brainwash.

We have been considerate enough to include English language as one of the 3 languages I think that's fair enough.

What I will suggest in furtherance of this is broadcast first in Yoruba, read the news in Yoruba before subsequently translation in English and not the way it is now that the news are firstly casted in English before Yoruba.

We must reclaim our heritages

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by INDOMIE9090(f): 5:46pm On Jul 12, 2023
CartelKenneth:

So who is Lagos now for
Over my dead body

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by NamelessOGBENI(m): 6:15pm On Jul 12, 2023
What a time to be alive.

It's time I dust my jotting materials and learn some new words in Ogu.

Till date, either of MiTV and Galaxy TV do broadcast in Egun..
Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 12, 2023
Google translate kuku dey ..na only Gomina I Sabi for everything on the front page.
Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by CartelKenneth: 6:34pm On Jul 12, 2023
clearcrystal:

You mean 3 wheelbarrows you use to sell Bluetooth speakers and Oraimo charger.
All your investment in Lagos cannot full a polybag.
Na night bus you go take return back to Nnewi.
Asiere

😂😂😂😂
Every tribe has rich and poor people bitch
But I'm part of the rich

By the way have u eaten today?(I don't mean garri o)
Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by OROSUNBOLB(m): 6:49pm On Jul 12, 2023
The government of my state has decided to be using the indigenous language of my state,my own language,to run and conduct governmental businesses and affairs of my state but some villagers from a far away gods forsaken land of criminals are not happy about it ! No be madness be that ? Did I stop the government of Anambra or that of Ebonyi from adopting Igbo language as its official language ? It can only a very chronic inferiority complex,one that's borne out of extreme jealousy! Igbo actually wish they are the Yorubas and have everything that belongs to the Yorubas ! It's quite sad reading some of the Igbo people's comments here;it's shameful ! Chinedu,be proud of your own Arochukwu heritage na,why you wan die on top another man's land ? Igbo people's obsession with Lagos is crazy ! You can turn Enugu or Owerri to your own "Lagos" too after all you guys claim to be the developers of the universe ! Shior,these villagers are so shameless,walahi !
Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by Ykc2(m): 6:58pm On Jul 12, 2023
bashlek:

No oooo, u are minority naw……A dot in a big circle……Na Buhari talk am oooo, no be me..lol
ok, and yet agbadorians won't let minority sleep,I thought yoruba regions with northern regions should be competing with each others on how to turn nigeria to dubai ,igbo people no be una problem biko,you see any igbo president before?we are just common traders ,northerners and SW people should turn nigeria to japan
Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by aariwa(m): 6:59pm On Jul 12, 2023
gannod:

You are missing one thing on the issue of selling of land, when you buy any land, you are issued a certificate of occupancy( not certificate of ownership). This means, the land can be revoked by government when and if you misbehave. Have you asked yourself why government don't issue certificate of ownership? Anyway, for those who think because they buy land in any part of Southwest, it gives them the exvlusive rights to misbehave, make una just dey play..
Land use Act has been in effect in all states and FCT since 1963 and was modified in 1978 by Obasanjo..in effect more than 50 years before before more than 60% of the houses built in Lagos and many part of Ogun but has it stopped people from outside from developing those areas till today? Go and ask of the prices of land there in the market . The secret is to work hard to avoid your children from becoming tenants in their state and and at the mercy of strangers who will become their accommodators. You will be wasting your time expecting politicians to do it for you because they will be playing politics with your brain…work hard in life!
Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by Ihateheadslamer: 8:48pm On Jul 12, 2023
grin

Go and divide the country now tongue
OChimex:

The best way to understand each other is for every region to go their separate ways, simple as that. Nigeria is not one. Divide the useless country.
Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by Christistruth03: 7:26am On Jul 13, 2023
BreconHills:

"Go and read history" you said and then you proceeded to undermine history.

Which Lagos are you talking about. Is it the colony of Lagos ( island and yaba minus lekki) which later became the Lagos municipality? Or are you talking about Lagos state which now includes historic Western region areas such as ikeja all the way down ikorodu Road? The capital of the current lagos state was part of the Western region.

Secondly, lagos since 1991 is no longer the political capital of Nigeria. Abuja is now the capital and everybody can go there and do whatever they want. Calabar was capital of the southern protectorate of Nigeria at a time while Lokoja was also once an administrative capital of Nigeria. Why are these two places not being claimed as no man's land?

For 8 years under OBJ's PDP lagos was not given its statutory allocation, it was run to the ground, the airport, bridges and stadium were left to rot. Lagos was rebuilt in that period with money from Lagos. How then can it be no man's land? Did other regions contribute to the rebuilding of Lagos?

By reason of history and politics Lagos is yoruba. Let me post the old census of Lagos so you can see the people who lived here. You can Google the book title easily for reference.

Do you know why the Population of the Oyo was higher than that of the Ijebu in the Census ?

The Onikoyi of Ikoyi in Lagos is Ethnic Oyo
Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by Christistruth03: 7:29am On Jul 13, 2023
bewla:
Real Yoruba not Lagos Yoruba ooooooo

Midè. Midè thing ooooo

Lagos Yoruba is Oyo Yoruba with some dialectic modifications
Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by bewla(m): 7:32am On Jul 13, 2023
Christistruth03:

Lagos Yoruba is Oyo Yoruba with some dialectic modifications
Oyo is ibiles
While Lagos is more like slangs
Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by Christistruth03: 7:38am On Jul 13, 2023
43Ronin:

there's no Igboman born and raised in lagos that doesn't speak or hear yoruba fluently.

They can speak Yoruba like the Parrots of the Yoruba Town Criers
Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by soullove1881(m): 7:51am On Jul 13, 2023
misano:

These movies U listed are not Yoruba movies. They are Nollywood. The main star in Wedding Party is Edo so how is that a Yoruba movie.

They are Yoruba movies that speak Yoruba dialect. Talk of those ones not movies directed by Yoruba man and produced by Igbo man.

Wake up and learn, all the movies I mentioned were produced by YORUBAS. Wedding party and king of boys is produced & directed by Kemi Adetiba, October 1st, Phone Swap, CEO, Figurine etc. by Kunle Afolayan, 30 days in Atlanta by AY, Omo getho by Funke Akindele, etc. And besides, what do you mean by Nollywood?😂😂😂 You are not informed at all. In Nigeria, there are Nollywood and Kannywood. So most actor/actress are Nollywood. However, some of them are either acting in Igbo or Yoruba, or Igbo/English or Yoruba/English or both. Like wise in Kannywood, the Hausa version.
Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by Christistruth03: 7:55am On Jul 13, 2023
bewla:
Oyo is ibiles
While Lagos is more like slangs

Lagos Yoruba is still classified as Oyo Yoruba despite the slangs
Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by Christistruth03: 8:03am On Jul 13, 2023
olaniyilukman:
My Yoruba language is sweet mehn... GOD BLESS THE PERSON WHO TYPE THIS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qcgYEejw2s
Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by Christistruth03: 8:16am On Jul 13, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
The quick to respond "I don't understand Yoruba " crew just got served. Even forms and job interviews in Lagos will be conducted in Yoruba and Egun. Incentives will be given to organisations that adapt to this current reality.

Also, the Yoruba parents and woke will know the meaning of "Yoruba dun" wink

This is LASG helping them and their parents by teaching them the education most of them missed at home. Odun joor! like Radio Lagos 107.5 FM will scream in its jingle.

If you want to be part of the modern Lagos, learn Yoruba. If you are not ready to learn the language, stay back in your village, it's not by force . After all, you can still make it in your village.

The secret behind our success in Lagos is in our Yoruba culture and language, it encodes the spirit of Omoluabi, if you want to succeed in Lagos, go and learn Yoruba.
There is no Badagry indigene who will not understand Yoruba because they're an eya of Yoruba.

Those who hate the Yoruba and forming "I have been in Yorubaland for donkey years" , but can't speak Yoruba are plainly ignorant people. You can not spend years in a place and don't understand the language of your
host anywhere in the world unless you hate your host. I was thoroughly embarrassed when I watched a Mr Obi who has been in Lagos for decades use Prof Pat Utomi as his interpreter for Yoruba Language ,I knew immediately that he isn't serious about getting people to know him. It was the ignorance of Mr Obi displayed in public view. There is no way I can spend that long in Igboland and not speak Igbo.

This policy will help us know those who have mixed ignorance with hatred for the Yoruba their host.

Learn Yoruba and if you can't, no problem, just know that No Yoruba, no Lagos life for you
niyen. If you spend donkey years in Lagos and have mastered Yoruba, it will help you when you return to the village in your retirement because you will see Yoruba corps, Police etc posted to your village and they will appreciate your village more because of you they found there to speak Yoruba with. The other villagers will be envious of you and wish they have your clout.

We don't hate you, we just want those who love us and respect our culture to flourish in our land while those who hate us can stay back in their villages. The sky is big enough!
God bless Lagos state and Nigeria for ever!
Check my signature for free stuffs!

Even Ojukwu and Azikiwe spoke fluent Yoruba, so why has Peter Obi refused to Learn to speak it

And why did he impose Gbadebo Rhodes who can hardly speak Yoruba as the Presidential candidate

of Lagos If he didn’t have ulterior motives for doing so

To add insult to injury some Obidients went on Social Media to announce that once they got Power in

Lagos they would remove Traditional Rulers of Lagos

Peter Obi completely refused to correct his People and call them to order

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qcgYEejw2s
Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by seunayantokun(m): 8:51am On Jul 13, 2023
Long overdue.
Schools and religious places should follow suit. Until we use our languages for education, government, science and technology, etc, our development will never happen.
Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by igbosarejews(m): 8:52am On Jul 13, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:

how about if we do another 1967 and ibos are killed?
Can only your female tribe stand against Igbo's. You are hiding under Nigeria, come out and try the might of the Igbo's. Fortunately, we're in the era of social media and the world will not be fooled like they did in 1967. Britain, Russia, Egypt and many African countries that fought for Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Can You List ,5 Richest Politicians Alive In Nigeria / Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update / Nigerians Blast APC For Sneaking Buhari Into Nigeria At Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.