Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,769 members, 7,831,473 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English (36126 Views)

Lagos Commences Distribution Of Palliatives To Citizens / Ondo Election: Analytics Of Official Results As Announced By INEC / Magu Moves His Personal Belongings Out Of Official Residence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by desmond2pk: 11:13am On Jul 12, 2023
Na igbo hate go kill yoruba people
Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by TOPCRUISE(m): 11:14am On Jul 12, 2023
Ever since they abolished NTA channel 7 from our screens which air purely Yoruba programs, that is when the yeast begin to jubilate with "Lagos is no man's land".

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by ipobarecriminals: 11:15am On Jul 12, 2023
sad Nor mind them. Mazi OBI is coming with his manhood
oonyeoma50:

1 Like

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by RealEzee(m): 11:17am On Jul 12, 2023
Ok na

English is still der

But but gen z no sabi read in yoruba grin
Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by greypencils: 11:19am On Jul 12, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
The quick to respond "I don't understand Yoruba " crew just got served. Even forms and job interviews in Lagos will be conducted in Yoruba and Egun. Incentives will be given to organisations that adapt to this current reality.

Also, the Yoruba parents and woke will know the meaning of "Yoruba dun" wink

This is LASG helping them and their parents by teaching them the education most of them missed at home. Odun joor! like Radio Lagos 107.5 FM will scream in its jingle.

If you want to be part of the modern Lagos, learn Yoruba. If you are not ready to learn the language, stay back in your village, it's not by force . After all, you can still make it in your village.

The secret behind our success in Lagos is in our Yoruba culture and language, it encodes the spirit of Omoluabi, if you want to succeed in Lagos, go and learn Yoruba.
There is no Badagry indigene who will not understand Yoruba because they're an eya of Yoruba.

Those who hate the Yoruba and forming "I have been in Yorubaland for donkey years" , but can't speak Yoruba are plainly ignorant people. You can not spend years in a place and don't understand the language of your
host anywhere in the world unless you hate your host. I was thoroughly embarrassed when I watched a Mr Obi who has been in Lagos for decades use Prof Pat Utomi as his interpreter for Yoruba Language ,I knew immediately that he isn't serious about getting people to know him. It was the ignorance of Mr Obi displayed in public view. There is no way I can spend that long in Igboland and not speak Igbo.

This policy will help us know those who have mixed ignorance with hatred for the Yoruba their host.

Learn Yoruba and if you can't, no problem, just know that No Yoruba, no Lagos life for you
niyen. If you spend donkey years in Lagos and have mastered Yoruba, it will help you when you return to the village in your retirement because you will see Yoruba corps, Police etc posted to your village and they will appreciate your village more because of you they found there to speak Yoruba with. The other villagers will be envious of you and wish they have your clout.

We don't hate you, we just want those who love us and respect our culture to flourish in our land while those who hate us can stay back in their villages. The sky is big enough!
God bless Lagos state and Nigeria for ever!
Check my signature for free stuffs!
'We don't hate you, we just want those who love us and respect our culture to flourish in our land while those who hate us can stay back in their villages. The sky is big enough!' Wa Gbayiii!!!

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by misano(m): 11:22am On Jul 12, 2023
LegendHero:

That’s correct. All state must follow suit.

But in the South, we need an official language just as the North where Hausa is spoken across the entire 19 Northern states.

I have a proposal of adopting Yoruba as the official language of the South. What do you think?

The official language is Pigin English. Don't force urself on us.
Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by MightySparrow: 11:26am On Jul 12, 2023
OldBeer:
The government of Lagos state has begun the issuance of vital information to its populace in Egun, Yoruba and English.
Critics say this new development may not be unconnected with the 2023 elections that sprung up surprises in the state.
It is yet to be seen if this will become the modus operandi of the state going forward.

Igbo language no dey dia? Igbos are 60% population of Lagos nah.
Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by Zezco(m): 11:28am On Jul 12, 2023
Yoruba parents that called Yoruba language vernacular for their children, you better recall them and teach them because Yoruba language will never perish, Good development, Yoruba lagbaaaaa

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by anungangampu: 11:29am On Jul 12, 2023
Does it really change anything? This ain't news but I believe our brother up west to jubilate with this. Even Yoroubas will look for the English statement to read and totally leave the Yorouba out. This same kind of News trended in 2015.
As Language is Concerned, I think Language is the least of igbo problem as we already know to do good business is to understand the language of the market. That's the huge difference between igbos and other tribe in Nigeria, we quickly learn others language for Business and not because we Love the tribe.
It's all business .
Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by INDOMIE9090(f): 11:31am On Jul 12, 2023
forexprophet:
Yoruba wey Sabi dirty dirty..... you wan make the south to adopt their language...... You are dreaming

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by Johnn44: 11:32am On Jul 12, 2023
Lagos is no man’s land grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by julaion: 11:33am On Jul 12, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
The quick to respond "I don't understand Yoruba " crew just got served. Even forms and job interviews in Lagos will be conducted in Yoruba and Egun. Incentives will be given to organisations that adapt to this current reality.

Also, the Yoruba parents and woke will know the meaning of "Yoruba dun" wink

This is LASG helping them and their parents by teaching them the education most of them missed at home. Odun joor! like Radio Lagos 107.5 FM will scream in its jingle.

If you want to be part of the modern Lagos, learn Yoruba. If you are not ready to learn the language, stay back in your village, it's not by force . After all, you can still make it in your village.

The secret behind our success in Lagos is in our Yoruba culture and language, it encodes the spirit of Omoluabi, if you want to succeed in Lagos, go and learn Yoruba.
There is no Badagry indigene who will not understand Yoruba because they're an eya of Yoruba.

Those who hate the Yoruba and forming "I have been in Yorubaland for donkey years" , but can't speak Yoruba are plainly ignorant people. You can not spend years in a place and don't understand the language of your
host anywhere in the world unless you hate your host. I was thoroughly embarrassed when I watched a Mr Obi who has been in Lagos for decades use Prof Pat Utomi as his interpreter for Yoruba Language ,I knew immediately that he isn't serious about getting people to know him. It was the ignorance of Mr Obi displayed in public view. There is no way I can spend that long in Igboland and not speak Igbo.

This policy will help us know those who have mixed ignorance with hatred for the Yoruba their host.

Learn Yoruba and if you can't, no problem, just know that No Yoruba, no Lagos life for you
niyen. If you spend donkey years in Lagos and have mastered Yoruba, it will help you when you return to the village in your retirement because you will see Yoruba corps, Police etc posted to your village and they will appreciate your village more because of you they found there to speak Yoruba with. The other villagers will be envious of you and wish they have your clout.

We don't hate you, we just want those who love us and respect our culture to flourish in our land while those who hate us can stay back in their villages. The sky is big enough!
God bless Lagos state and Nigeria for ever!
Check my signature for free stuffs!
same peter that won lagos
Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by Evergreat2014(m): 11:33am On Jul 12, 2023
You guys will just open your mouth waaaaa on issues you don't know about.

How is Hausa an official language spoken in the 19 Northern States?

Plateau, Nasarawa, Kogi, Benue, Taraba, Abuja and others in North Central don't have Hausa as their official languages, Sir.

LegendHero:

That’s correct. All state must follow suit.

But in the South, we need an official language just as the North where Hausa is spoken across the entire 19 Northern states.

I have a proposal of adopting Yoruba as the official language of the South. What do you think?
Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by skj1377(m): 11:37am On Jul 12, 2023
Your C of O can be revoked and your money returned to you. This is the best scenario.The gov may also rename the street and you say bye bye to your properties.
aariwa:
One of such Yoruba language bills had been signed trwice or more in the past but nothing came out of it because it’s pure politics meant at fooling their followers. Lagos belongs to every Nigerian and not to any body . Go and read history, Nigerias”s oil boom from Gowon to IBB was spent on Lagos for every Nigerian not for any tribe or individuals so Lagos is one of the benefits of one Nigeria..people from all over Nigeria will continue to troop into Lagos daily and nobody will stop them…go and multiply as said in the Bible . If you sell your land any where and become a tenant to him you are now at his mercy to accommodate you and you don’t have to blame anybody for your mistakes.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by luluman: 11:39am On Jul 12, 2023
REDshouse:
Lagos is no man's land..I can't wait to write biz proposal to govt sanwo in Yoruba language
See mumu, no mans Lands yet yoruba decides for the Land.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by INDOMIE9090(f): 11:39am On Jul 12, 2023
Kalakulu:

Yaribanza clown!

Go to any top 10 African nations today that are familiar with Nigerian mainstream cultures especially popular phrases they learned from Nollywood movies, do a survey and ask them certain Igbo vs Yaribanza words- then record your feedbacks cause if you're honest with your survey, you will find out that majority of the popular Nigerian slangs and native words that they know will be predominantly Igbo words cause they watch more of Osuofia, Aki & Pawpaw, Mr Ibu etc movies.

The fact that you mentioned Portable in your rants prove my point, garbage artists with zero talents that simply ride on the wave of yoruba dominated Lagos media hype, same way another below average artist like Seyi Vibez always get hyped- yet na only yoruba street touts dey listen to his Afro-incantation incoherent rubbish.

Wizkid was actually announced to the world by the P square brothers when he was coming into the game, Davido's manager (Asa Asika) na Igbo boy, same with Olamide's manager,one of Davido's biggest hit song "IF" was written and directed by Tekno an Igbo boy...see the pattern? There was always an Igbo involved in the success of yoruba successful musicians today.

Egbon, I'll rather sit-at-home in my own land eating Nkwobi and chilling with my family on Monday after making all my money for the week rather than suffer the indelible stigma of one EMIR instructing me to cancel a cultural festival on my own land. At least Owo in Ondo state where over 50 people were massacred during Sunday service didn't happen in the SE last time I checked! cheesy
I will list 10 nollywood movie produced this year by Yorubas which grace Netflix.
Can you list the one igbos have produced?

Gang of Lagos,blood sister,shanty town,ijakumo,anikulapo,orisa,far from home,naija Christmas,brotherhood,fight on buka street,king of thieves,Wura,king of boys etc are top notch movies produced by Yorubas.
As for the music, no just go there at all cos Yorubas don monopolize that area

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by luluman: 11:40am On Jul 12, 2023
Skyview01:

Grow up child!
For saying the truth

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by luluman: 11:42am On Jul 12, 2023
Kalakulu:

Lol yoruba clown grin. South as a whole as in colonial mentality? For someone whose tribe lost ilorin to a minority Fulani demography that's pretty cheeky of you. Ckay became a global sensation with "love Nwantiti"- an Igbo-themed song, Kcee is currently making big waves across the world with his "Ojapiano" genre, Oja is an Igbo wind instrument...so relax with your Afrobeats yoruba hype that is all about commercial packaging than actual quality.
Hope all your epistle is not because we want to adopt yoruba in Lagos. Better go to court if you no want.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by Nobody: 11:43am On Jul 12, 2023
All the complaints against this move will be from only one teibe; those people from the Land of the Rising Scorn.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by luluman: 11:43am On Jul 12, 2023
Pkid1:
The guy dey whine himself grin cheesy Nollywood alone sef igbo language don go far. Let alone Nigeria grin
If you can't take the decision of Lagos state on yoruba, please go home.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by misano(m): 11:44am On Jul 12, 2023
NOwazobia:
I am expecting the east to start theirs.

Na south south big confusion go dey.

Pigin English is what they will adopt. We have no choice.
Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by Pkid1: 11:47am On Jul 12, 2023
luluman:
If you can't take the decision of Lagos state on yoruba, please go home.
Oga nothing concern me concern una Lagos. I dey my State chilling. I have never been to Lagos. And i'm not planning going there at all at all. When i get Abuja.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by addictiv(m): 11:48am On Jul 12, 2023
This is good. Other states should copy this. Make everybody sabi their language

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by luluman: 11:49am On Jul 12, 2023
Pkid1:
Oga nothing concern me concern una Lagos. I dey my State chilling. I have never been to Lagos. And i'm not planning going there at all at all. When i get Abuja.
Better!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by Pkid1: 11:50am On Jul 12, 2023
INDOMIE9090:
I will list 10 nollywood movie produced this year by Yorubas which grace Netflix.
Can you list the one igbos have produced?

Gang of Lagos,blood sister,shanty town,ijakumo,anikulapo,orisa,far from home,naija Christmas,brotherhood,fight on buka street,king of thieves,Wura,king of boys etc are top notch movies produced by Yorubas.
As for the music, no just go there at all cos Yorubas don monopolize that area
Yorubas are just coming up. Igbos has developed Nollywood for ages and still counting. And they're the owners of Nollywood industry. And Nollywood is the 3rd biggest movie industry in the world. So your movies are nonsense cheesy grin grin
Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by saintrow1: 11:52am On Jul 12, 2023
Kalakulu:

Lol yoruba clown grin. South as a whole as in colonial mentality? For someone whose tribe lost ilorin to a minority Fulani demography that's pretty cheeky of you. Ckay became a global sensation with "love Nwantiti"- an Igbo-themed song, Kcee is currently making big waves across the world with his "Ojapiano" genre, Oja is an Igbo wind instrument...so relax with your Afrobeats yoruba hype that is all about commercial packaging than actual quality.

You forgot to mention that yoruba conquered the entire iboland during the civil war. Our brave soldiers entered iboland, destroyed your army till you had nothing but kids to put forward on the battlefield and starved your ppl to near extinction, while your general ojukwu dressed like a woman and ran to ivory coast like a chicken. if not for the international community, your tribe will only be remembered in a museum as the first extinct humans on earth. We could have installed OBAS in iboland and ban your language but we don't value you and your gully erosion land, our objectives was to destroy war mentality and reformat your brain. We gave you the first sit at home order in the history of nigeria. We created the first IDP camp for you (fesctac) as the first refugees in the history of nigeria. We single handedly shut down your eastern region economy with embargo and reminded you that you are just a DOT IN A CIRCLE, with no comparative advantage and you don't matter in nigeria. We invented and wrote alphabets for you, without us you won't have a language to read. We understand that you ibos are envious, bitter and suffers from emotional damage but keep it up, yoruba will always be above you in everything while you feed on crumbs from yorubas table to survive.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by misano(m): 11:56am On Jul 12, 2023
uuzba:

Delta pidgin?
Who told you delta is pidgin?
Urhobo, Itshekiri, Ijaw languages.
Since we are doing Native language plus English then it must be the 3 Native languages and PROPER English.
--
Pidgin English is street language not for government

Did U say Pigin English not for government? Who told U that? It can be if we want it so. Nothing is stopping us.
Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by Khyrvxjzy: 11:57am On Jul 12, 2023
igbosarejews:

Igbo's already own you in Lagos. Just like Fulanis own part of Yorubanza. When it's time we will chase you people out of our Lagos. All the nonsense hype is just to give you a temporarily sense of belonging 😀😀😀😀😀

how about if we do another 1967 and ibos are killed?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by 7lives: 11:58am On Jul 12, 2023
DeadCountry:
Why do these parasites want to claim Egun people?

Eguns are part of the old Oyo empire.
Get a copy of the west African history and educate yourself.
Three Yoruba Kingdoms, Ketu, Sabe and Popo are currently in Benin republic, thanks to the Europeans scramble and partition of Africa.

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Embarrassing? Caption This Photo Of Buhari And Our State Governors In USA / SGF: How Fashola Was Schemed Out / Fresh Crisis Brews In APC As NWC Rejects Campaign Council List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.