Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:52 AM

Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English (36037 Views)

Lagos Commences Distribution Of Palliatives To Citizens / Ondo Election: Analytics Of Official Results As Announced By INEC / Magu Moves His Personal Belongings Out Of Official Residence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by 001Lagos: 5:38am On Jul 12, 2023
LegendHero:
I kinda like this.

We must make sure Yoruba become the second official language in the South as a whole.

Ever since I watched the Netflix documentary “Bigger than Africa”, I just suddenly got this extreme proudness in me for being a Yoruba man.

Afro beat language is already Yoruba, why can’t the whole Southern Nigeria adopt Yoruba as the second official language?
Which south if I may ask ? Just dey play

Better limit your egun Yoruba in Yoruba land alone 😂

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by mancoconut: 5:40am On Jul 12, 2023
LegendHero:

So when are those Ckay, Kcee, and Ojapiano going to sell O2 or go on massive world tour and selling out big arena like the other A-list Artists like Davido, Wizkid, Burna, Asake, and etc?

Even portable will pull more crowd for his show if he go head to head with Kcee. Kcee time don pass.

Yoruba is the Afro best language, it is the language people abroad use to qualify Nigerians. Wouldn’t it be good to just adopt it as the official language in the South?

We need to personally table this matter to Igwe Obi of Onitsha o and summon the 5 SE governors to a round table to look into this offer.

If everyone speaks Yoruba in the SE, there wouldn’t be need for sit at home because everybody will be busy throwing owambe and enjoying life. Who wan get time for terrorism wey IPOB dey do?

Imagine comparing the likes of Ckay who just came into the game with established veterans like Davido, Burna and Wizkid? Are you well at all?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by Khyrvxjzy: 7:40am On Jul 12, 2023
yoruba own ibo. ibo is yoruba inheritance

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by Khyrvxjzy: 7:41am On Jul 12, 2023
Kalakulu:

Yaribanza clown!

Go to any top 10 African nations today that are familiar with Nigerian mainstream cultures especially popular phrases they learned from Nollywood movies, do a survey and ask them certain Igbo vs Yaribanza words- then record your feedbacks cause if you're honest with your survey, you will find out that majority of the popular Nigerian slangs and native words that they know will be predominantly Igbo words cause they watch more of Osuofia, Aki & Pawpaw, Mr Ibu etc movies.

The fact that you mentioned Portable in your rants prove my point, garbage artists with zero talents that simply ride on the wave of yoruba dominated Lagos media hype, same way another below average artist like Seyi Vibez always get hyped- yet na only yoruba street touts dey listen to his Afro-incantation incoherent rubbish.

Wizkid was actually announced to the world by the P square brothers when he was coming into the game, Davido's manager (Asa Asika) na Igbo boy, same with Olamide's manager,one of Davido's biggest hit song "IF" was written and directed by Tekno an Igbo boy...see the pattern? There was always an Igbo involved in the success of yoruba successful musicians today.

Egbon, I'll rather sit-at-home in my own land eating Nkwobi and chilling with my family on Monday after making all my money for the week rather than suffer the indelible stigma of one EMIR instructing me to cancel a cultural festival on my own land. At least Owo in Ondo state where over 50 people were massacred during Sunday service didn't happen in the SE last time I checked! cheesy

yoruba own ibo. ibo is yoruba inheritance

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by INTEGRITYA1(m): 10:11am On Jul 12, 2023
Eko o ni ba je.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by OriOko88(m): 10:12am On Jul 12, 2023
grin

Nigeria will breakup in d next ten years. D level of division of just on another level

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by haslaw(m): 10:14am On Jul 12, 2023
A other reason for SAD EAST to start crying upandan

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by Ventura1: 10:14am On Jul 12, 2023
Those that describe our language as vernaculars are IDIOTS.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by Warl0ck: 10:15am On Jul 12, 2023
LegendHero:
I kinda like this.

We must make sure Yoruba become the second official language in the South as a whole.

Ever since I watched the Netflix documentary “Bigger than Africa”, I just suddenly got this extreme proudness in me for being a Yoruba man.

Afro beat language is already Yoruba, why can’t the whole Southern Nigeria adopt Yoruba as the second official language?
na so.
Just look at you

1 Like

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by Samogloby: 10:16am On Jul 12, 2023
Good development!
Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by MS247: 10:16am On Jul 12, 2023
Eko oni baje oo
Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by Dbestbrest: 10:16am On Jul 12, 2023
This has been the norms from time immemorial. All Lagos state owned media present news in the aforementioned languages. Don't come on line to spew trash please

9 Likes

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by NOwazobia: 10:17am On Jul 12, 2023
I am expecting the east to start theirs.

Na south south big confusion go dey.
Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by Obiedun(m): 10:17am On Jul 12, 2023
001Lagos:

But you can run to Yoruba land to hustle

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by Ykc2(m): 10:17am On Jul 12, 2023
LegendHero:
I kinda like this.

why can't the whole southern Nigeria adopt igbo?

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by Okoyiboz3: 10:18am On Jul 12, 2023
Absuchat:
grin grin
Insecurity issues.
Igbos don shake up Alausa grin

Shekube, stop crying

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by Obiedun(m): 10:18am On Jul 12, 2023
Ykc2:
why can't the whole southern Nigeria adopt igbo?
It should be youba not Igbo.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by Azzik: 10:18am On Jul 12, 2023
LegendHero:
I kinda like this.

Look at how tribalism is finishing people because of hatred for another ethnic group and also because someone lost election in his own territory.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by popp(m): 10:19am On Jul 12, 2023
"Which one be Egun? Abeg make them leave dah formings"

English ooh! Yoruba ooh!!

Igbos in Lagos even speak Yoruba more than those Ogun, Oshun and Ekiti that are claiming the ownership of "no man's land"

Eko ooh Oni bajee ooh!!!

I dey PH come and beat me.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by Segzy19: 10:19am On Jul 12, 2023
As usual, our 'victims' are already complaining grin grin grin grin grin grin grin..

Okan yin o ni bale. E nsinwin!

Way to go. Let every other states do the same.
There is a need for our cultural heritage and languages to be protected.....

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by Okoyiboz3: 10:19am On Jul 12, 2023
001Lagos:

Princeoflagos, Yoruba people don put sand for your eye.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by Warl0ck: 10:20am On Jul 12, 2023
NOwazobia:
I am expecting the east to start theirs.

Na south south big confusion go dey.
igboid can adopt igbo, ijoid can adopt ijaw.
Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by Beremx(f): 10:21am On Jul 12, 2023
LegendHero:
I kinda like this.

the whole southern Nigeria? You must be joking. Kindly stick your idea to only south west

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by Jeyun: 10:21am On Jul 12, 2023
LegendHero:

That’s correct. All state must follow suit.

But in the South, we need an official language just as the North where Hausa is spoken across the entire 19 Northern states.

I have a proposal of adopting Yoruba as the official language of the South. What do you think?
can u give me reason over that?
Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by Holluwhakemmy(f): 10:23am On Jul 12, 2023
Kalakulu:

Yaribanza clown!

Go to any top 10 African nations today that are familiar with Nigerian mainstream cultures especially popular phrases they learned from Nollywood movies, do a survey and ask them certain Igbo vs Yaribanza words- then record your feedbacks cause if you're honest with your survey, you will find out that majority of the popular Nigerian slangs and native words that they know will be predominantly Igbo words cause they watch more of Osuofia, Aki & Pawpaw, Mr Ibu etc movies.

The fact that you mentioned Portable in your rants prove my point, garbage artists with zero talents that simply ride on the wave of yoruba dominated Lagos media hype, same way another below average artist like Seyi Vibez always get hyped- yet na only yoruba street touts dey listen to his Afro-incantation incoherent rubbish.

Wizkid was actually announced to the world by the P square brothers when he was coming into the game, Davido's manager (Asa Asika) na Igbo boy, same with Olamide's manager,one of Davido's biggest hit song "IF" was written and directed by Tekno an Igbo boy...see the pattern? There was always an Igbo involved in the success of yoruba successful musicians today.

Egbon, I'll rather sit-at-home in my own land eating Nkwobi and chilling with my family on Monday after making all my money for the week rather than suffer the indelible stigma of one EMIR instructing me to cancel a cultural festival on my own land. At least Owo in Ondo state where over 50 people were massacred during Sunday service didn't happen in the SE last time I checked! cheesy
Yes it didn't happen in the SE but more igbo people died than others

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by spiritedtete: 10:23am On Jul 12, 2023
This is not new to Lagos... this had been the norm.
Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by Kingcalls: 10:23am On Jul 12, 2023
LegendHero:

But in the South, we need an official language just as the North where Hausa is spoken across the entire 19 Northern states.

I have a proposal of adopting Yoruba as the official language of the South. What do you think?

U are a fool...a bonified fool.... the way u people will suffer after the druggie vacates his position.... u will beg for death

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by Babastrong(m): 10:24am On Jul 12, 2023
Nairaland/should/follow/suit.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by Thomasankara(m): 10:24am On Jul 12, 2023
[/color]since many people understand the language,I think that's a good initiative[color=#770077]
LegendHero:

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by phemmyfour: 10:24am On Jul 12, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:
Supported.

Bauchi State House of Assembly has adopted Hausa Language in doing business in the state so therefore every region should follow up for a better understanding of each other tongue
Not the same thing. Bauchi removed English completely.

Lagos isn't doing a new thing, they are just bringing back what we used to have before the arrival of internet. We used to enjoy these in the days of LTV, NTA Lagos and NTA channel 7

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Can You List ,5 Richest Politicians Alive In Nigeria / Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update / Nigerians Blast APC For Sneaking Buhari Into Nigeria At Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.