Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,852 members, 7,813,902 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:05 PM

Ever Been In Relationship With A Narcissist, Share Your Experience. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ever Been In Relationship With A Narcissist, Share Your Experience. (21353 Views)

Avoid A Narcissist At All Cost, My Experience. A Must Read. / My Friend Married A Narcissist And I Am Now Her Emotional Wastebin / Who Is A Narcissist And How Are You Sure You Are Not Dating Or About To Date One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ever Been In Relationship With A Narcissist, Share Your Experience. by Saintinoo(m): 10:06am On Jul 12, 2023
This is not a female bashing thread, just to share my experience with some kind of human.

I have been hearing of the narcissism, and even through I believe we all have one traits of narcissism or the other, but I experienced this with my now ex girlfriend. All this while I was trying to protect and love her even after seeing so many signs of narcissism but, the more I try, the more I make her believe that I am the problem. Here are most things she does that made me believe she has a covert NPD.

1. Love bombs me today, and give me hell the next day.
2. She never apologizes, she will ghost me until I apologize for complaining about her wrong doing.
3. She gives silent treatment immediately after an argument until I apologize.
4. She gets angry so easily, she can yell at or shame me when angry and when I react, silent treatment follows.
5. When I caught her lie, even the slightest lie, she gets angry and start ghosting me till I apologizes (sort of manipulation).

These and many more I experienced from dating a female narcissist, female narcissists do not know ALFA male, just don't get into any relationship with them else they will destroy you, no matter how strong of a man you are.

She actually left when she saw that I was too sturborn for her manipulations and won't adhere to her demands, need I say that I still tried to get her back, that is how female narcissists destroys not just their man but even female friends they manage to have.

Guys ever been in a relationship with this type of woman, share you experience.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ever Been In Relationship With A Narcissist, Share Your Experience. by COOL10(m): 8:42pm On Jul 12, 2023
Every woman is a narcissist, especially modern day women.

84 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Ever Been In Relationship With A Narcissist, Share Your Experience. by Saintinoo(m): 9:01pm On Jul 12, 2023
COOL10:

Mehn, then I think I will remain single even at 50, I saw shege from that narc of a girl.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ever Been In Relationship With A Narcissist, Share Your Experience. by COOL10(m): 9:10pm On Jul 12, 2023
Saintinoo:

Mehn, then I think I will remain single even at 50, I saw shege from that narc of a girl.

That's what they do. They drain you of all your happiness and make you doubt your sanity.

Stay away from toxic people.

119 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ever Been In Relationship With A Narcissist, Share Your Experience. by Saintinoo(m): 9:26pm On Jul 12, 2023
COOL10:

That's what they do. They drain you of all your happiness and make you doubt your sanity.

Stay away from toxic people.

Do you know the worst of it all? I kept on going back to her after vowing that I am done. Because of the love bomb she used on me.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Been In Relationship With A Narcissist, Share Your Experience. by Casham: 10:36pm On Jul 12, 2023
Narcissists are just self-centered people and I have made a promise to always avoid people like that. And those entitled mofis too

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Been In Relationship With A Narcissist, Share Your Experience. by COOL10(m): 10:47pm On Jul 12, 2023
Saintinoo:

Do you know the worst of it all? I kept on going back to her after vowing that I am done. Because of the love bomb she used on me.

Lol, that's very common with narcissists and their victims. They'll toy with your mind a lot and leave you looking like a shadow of your former self.

Demons in human form.

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ever Been In Relationship With A Narcissist, Share Your Experience. by Xenry: 10:49pm On Jul 12, 2023
Can't be me. When I notice the slightest red flag, I'm out. That's probably why I'm still single.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ever Been In Relationship With A Narcissist, Share Your Experience. by Anny69: 10:53pm On Jul 12, 2023
Saintinoo:
This is not a female bashing thread

COOL10:

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Been In Relationship With A Narcissist, Share Your Experience. by Rexie96: 11:47pm On Jul 12, 2023
My woman is.. thatz why i steadily give her infevtion and treat myself right away...

She is sometimes a devil in human form.. put me through hell on earth , almost losing my sanity, lost business oppurtunities and many more.. best purnshment is watvhing her battle infections..

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ever Been In Relationship With A Narcissist, Share Your Experience. by Perfectman91: 12:49am On Jul 13, 2023
I'm in hell with a woman who bore 2 kids for me, most women esp the Nigerian counterparts are demons. Done with the bitch and may stay single for the rest of my life

Make money, care for your kids and enjoy life!

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ever Been In Relationship With A Narcissist, Share Your Experience. by purples25(f): 2:09am On Jul 13, 2023
Rexie96:
My woman is.. thatz why i steadily give her infevtion and treat myself right away...

She is sometimes a devil in human form.. put me through hell on earth , almost losing my sanity, lost business oppurtunities and many more.. best purnshment is watvhing her battle infections..

You're actually the narcissist. Doing horrible stuff like secretly and deliberately infecting someone. I hope she escapes you. Since you can't just leave her alone.

That aside. This thread is eye opening. So these are the characteristics of a narcissist. It's true actually.

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ever Been In Relationship With A Narcissist, Share Your Experience. by poshestmina(f): 2:54am On Jul 13, 2023
It shouldn't be a women bashing thread because narcissists are not only women.

They are the worst emotional manipulators on earth . they'll rather die than admit and take responsibility of their wrongs .
He'll cheat and would blame me for not giving him attention and his mental health blah blah .

Gaslighting . Playing the victim card.
Gets very aggressive when angry and of course Domestic violence.
He'd beat me up so bad and then force me to stay indoors so "I don't spoil his image".

The relationship ended with Nysc.
Started begging me and going for Therapies.

Only my brothers know what they said or did to him ,I didn't hear from him again till date.

Toxic souls and if you stick around them for a long time ,you become as toxic as them.
They'll drain you mentally , emotionally, spiritually and in every possible way if you let them.

Now,once I notice that attitude from anyone , even a female friend or colleague ,I cut them off immediately!!
Those people will make you feel mad and frustrated and that's how they derive their own happiness.

105 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Ever Been In Relationship With A Narcissist, Share Your Experience. by Aaaaarghmed(m): 3:41am On Jul 13, 2023
Avoid dem and ignore, be strong enough to walk away without looking back..ghosting is best.I dated one,if she upload pic,I will compliment, if I upload pic,she will find fault in the photo,I stopped viewing and even complimenting her photo.after much issues all the time and disrespect,I sent her a short msg and walked away,she was expecting me to come back,wen she see say this time I no joke, after 2 months the mumu sent me a long msg insulting me,very long message, obviously, she was pained.i read the msg and ignored till date.she was waiting for me to reply,nah. I know how to treat a narcissist very well .lol.na my work

100 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ever Been In Relationship With A Narcissist, Share Your Experience. by helinues: 5:03am On Jul 13, 2023
The problem nowadays is people don't start with friendship anymore, they just jumped into relationship.

If you have gone through the friendship process, you would have seen such traits before considering going into a relationship with such person. Friendship is the process of getting to know more about each other's, likes and dislikes, do's and dont's..

Most people don't have love map.

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ever Been In Relationship With A Narcissist, Share Your Experience. by Aaaaarghmed(m): 8:48am On Jul 13, 2023
helinues:
The problem nowadays is people don't start with friendship anymore, they just jumped into relationship.

If you have gone through the friendship process, you would have seen such traits before considering going into a relationship with such person. Friendship is the process of getting to know more about each other's, likes and dislikes, do's and dont's..

friendship yes,but sometimes people change.Just like getting married to someone and you sometimes cannot believe they are capable of doing somethings.both genders.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Been In Relationship With A Narcissist, Share Your Experience. by helinues: 8:51am On Jul 13, 2023
Aaaaarghmed:
friendship yes,but sometimes people change.Just like getting married to someone and you sometimes cannot believe they are capable of doing somethings.both genders.

Old habits hardly die, most of the changes are for worst cos life frustration would add to it .

So if you have gone through the process of friendship, you would have seen all those traits but the main problem there after seen those traits, someone who is not ready to change himself can not change others. You can't give what you don't have.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ever Been In Relationship With A Narcissist, Share Your Experience. by SWaccomodator: 8:53am On Jul 13, 2023
helinues:

Old habits hardly die, most of the changes are for worst cos life frustration would add to it .

So if you have gone through the process of friendship, you would have seen all those traits but the main problem there after seen those traits, someone who is not ready to change himself can not change others. You can't give what you don't have.

Go get a life first before blabbing what does not exist on a faceless forum

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Been In Relationship With A Narcissist, Share Your Experience. by Aaaaarghmed(m): 8:53am On Jul 13, 2023
helinues:

u get point,sometimes the traits will be minimal and you will feel,well,everyone has their flaws.you no go like gbaga make e no be like say you too dey select or any small k leg you don move.you go like just stay dey observe ..before everything go crash for your head like broken bottle.lol

4 Likes

Re: Ever Been In Relationship With A Narcissist, Share Your Experience. by helinues: 8:58am On Jul 13, 2023
Aaaaarghmed:
u get point,sometimes the traits will be minimal and you will feel,well,everyone has their flaws.you no go like gbaga make e no be like say you too dey select or any small k leg you don move.you go like just stay dey observe ..before everything go crash for your head like broken bottle.lol

Nobody is perfect, so having expectations of others to be perfect na the first thing people dey miss.

We don't learn a thing cos if we do, our current mistakes in life are repeated ones but in a different form.

A lady goes into 4 relationship in a year but by December, she's single again, if she did not go into any relationship, she wouldn't have missed a thing

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Been In Relationship With A Narcissist, Share Your Experience. by SWaccomodator: 9:00am On Jul 13, 2023
helinues:

Nobody is perfect, so having expectations of others to be perfect na the first thing people dey miss.

We don't learn a thing cos if we do, our current mistakes in life are repeated ones but in a different form.

A lady goes into 4 relationship in a year but by December, she's single again, if she did not go into any relationship, she wouldn't have missed a thing

Shatap

11 Likes

Re: Ever Been In Relationship With A Narcissist, Share Your Experience. by Rexie96: 9:37am On Jul 13, 2023
purples25:

You're actually the narcissist. Doing horrible stuff like secretly and deliberately infecting someone. I hope she escapes you. Since you can't just leave her alone.

That aside. This thread is eye opening. So these are the characteristics of a narcissist. It's true actually.

Fool.. wat do u know lol, a chicken like you would have been dead if u dated dat woman ome month

4 Likes

Re: Ever Been In Relationship With A Narcissist, Share Your Experience. by Nasri100(m): 9:41am On Jul 13, 2023
poshestmina:

They are the worst emotional manipulators on earth . they'll rather die than admit and take responsibility of their wrongs .
He'll cheat and would blame me for not giving him attention and his mental health blah blah .

He'd beat me up so bad and then force me to stay indoors so "I don't spoil his image".

Only my brothers know what they said or did to him ,I didn't hear from him again till date.

Toxic souls and if you stick around them for a long time ,you become as toxic as them.
They'll drain you mentally , emotionally, spiritually and in every possible way if you let them.

Now,once I notice that attitude from anyone , even a female friend or colleague ,I cut them off immediately!!
Those people will make you feel mad and frustrated and that's how they derive their own happiness.

I know When he beat you up one evening like that so bad that there was a dark patch close to your eyes, and tried to make up, i know he looked into your eyes and asked - Do you still love me?

Tears rolled down your cheeks and you said - YES i still love you and still gave him the best s e x that evening.

You for continue to stay for the relationship till he beats you to stupor.

I know people will cry and moan and say its a mental thing but you should have never stayed with someone that beat and even cheat on you!

But women will be women.

6 Likes

Re: Ever Been In Relationship With A Narcissist, Share Your Experience. by Sonnobax15(m): 1:59pm On Jul 13, 2023
lipsrsealed
May such bannies never come our way,🙏

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Been In Relationship With A Narcissist, Share Your Experience. by Proserpina: 2:05pm On Jul 13, 2023

1 Like

Re: Ever Been In Relationship With A Narcissist, Share Your Experience. by youngreezy(m): 2:05pm On Jul 13, 2023
All I know is I put myself first before anyone including my mother sef,if that's been narcissistic den I'm fine with it......your mental health comes first above every other thing,no allow people call you names and make you change just to please them abeg......

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ever Been In Relationship With A Narcissist, Share Your Experience. by Saintinoo(m): 3:11pm On Jul 13, 2023
helinues:

Who will ever think you will make such meaningful comment, you are truly right. Friendship stage would have exposed the monster in her. Thanks.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Been In Relationship With A Narcissist, Share Your Experience. by Saintinoo(m): 3:14pm On Jul 13, 2023
Rexie96:

I started thinking I am the one with the problem. Mehn it was hell ooo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Been In Relationship With A Narcissist, Share Your Experience. by Saintinoo(m): 3:26pm On Jul 13, 2023
poshestmina:

You are right, it is a both gender something.

In my case, she waits for me to complain about things she does, then when next we have an argument she accuses me of being that thing, e.g, she have an uncontrollable anger, when I complain about her anger issue, next time she accuse me of having an uncontrollable anger.

She does not really appreciate things I do for her, she has this materialistic mentality but disguise as someone who is not.

Like I mentioned up there, she yell at me when she is angry.

She insults and shame me when we have an argument.

When she is angry, if I am dying, she derives joy from it, she totally lack empathy when she is angry.

She loves being in control and always gets threatened when I mentioned mention being a man.

I don't wish my worst enemy such woman.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Been In Relationship With A Narcissist, Share Your Experience. by meobizy(f): 3:30pm On Jul 13, 2023
Nairaland no get the IQ points to debate on this topic. Sometimes I believe you children rip questions from western forums to post here. A medium where users steal comments from other platforms to post as their thoughts will never amount to much.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Been In Relationship With A Narcissist, Share Your Experience. by othermen: 3:31pm On Jul 13, 2023
She’s still in your head.
You admitted that she love bombs you today and do otherwise tomorrow, the rest of what you said is about her attitude when there’s disagreement.
Might just be borderline.

1 Like

Re: Ever Been In Relationship With A Narcissist, Share Your Experience. by Kingcalls: 3:31pm On Jul 13, 2023
Every guy has at least one time in their life dated a narcissist... most women are narcissists ..that's y wives at mother in laws are always at war... it never happens with husbands and father in laws... most women have one time in their life hit a man , not same with men

But women manipulatively have thrown that word to be like its only identified with men... just like they throw the word misogyny, while truly most women are misandrists ... for every misogynist , there are a thousand misandrist

19 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ever Had A Near Rape Experience? / Which City Has The Most Big Booty Women In Nigeria? / You Belong To The World’s Rarest Personality-type If You Have These Abilities.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.