Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,851 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 (277091 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (269) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Chrisomila: 8:10am On Jul 22, 2023
duchess90:
Hello

With the current exchange rate N5m is approximately £5000

That doesn't even cover your maintenance funds

There's no Uni with fees of £5000

It might be worth saving more or perhaps checking other affordable countries.

Cheers
so what is your advice sir
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by rossydot: 8:32am On Jul 22, 2023
Good day to everybody in the house. We're currently in UK myself as M.A and my wife as a dependent for over a month now, we want to start POF for our 2kids aged 12 and 8yrs respectively next week so that we will be able to apply for them towards August ending.

However, I need advice on the following questions;

(1). How much should I put for there maintenance for outside London?

(2). About the issues of my tution ballance of £7,200, should I include it in the new POF?

(3). About the issue of Accomodation/ proof of Address, which for now we're currently living in a sheared 2bedroom apartment and the landlord had agreed that we should use the address as proof of address for their application and later get our own 2 bedroom after the approval of their visas since our NI and UK bank statements carry the same address. My question now is, can we use the address or we should get a new 2bedroom before applying for them? Seriously waiting for response. Thanks and God bless.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by zieraw2005(m): 8:36am On Jul 22, 2023
Thanks bro.

We are hopeful

Isiterere:

Why are you panicking? Your dependants application is still within 15 working days, just because you got yours earlier does not mean they will get theirs. Application on an individual basis.
Calm down, be hopeful, and continue further preparation.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by zieraw2005(m): 8:44am On Jul 22, 2023
Chrisomila:
I have HND in Mechanical Engineering Upper Credit and I have #5m I need advice on which cheap schools to apply to and will the 5m be enough for me as a self sponsor to UK or any other countries. No dependant .

That money would be enough for Poland.

I can help you get at admission this October intake.

If you are ready with your transcript and waec.

Then you need to authenticate it at ministry of foreign affairs and education in Abuja. This won't take upto 1 week to be done if you use GIG logistics.

Or you travel by yourself.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Tonymegabush1(m): 9:09am On Jul 22, 2023
Any student heading to Surrey, Guildford here?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by abuhusna1: 9:12am On Jul 22, 2023
omotem:
Pls I need advice,
I have 10yrs study gap. I graduated 2013, I did part time program so I was working while studying. While in school I was teaching in a private school, after my graduation, I got another Job 2014 which I ĺost 2019 towards covid. I registered a business name 2019. So I have been working for myself since 2020 till date. I sell clothes online (whatsapp).
The only evidence I have is my CAC certificate.
Pls what better way to defend this during my application, I'm applying on Monday.

Nothing to defend just ensure your business is showing active on cac website and you should be good
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by abuhusna1: 9:17am On Jul 22, 2023
Opppzy001:
Good morning all, I did my passport renewal since March this year and I was told it has a technical issue in which my POF will matures first week in August and I was told in Ikoyi immigration office that it will be rectify in Abuja. Please I don't know what to do again.
Na Money dem won collect. It happened to me too you need sure link in collection room pay him and he will helph. I spent almost 500k for 10 years passport out of which 150k was for bribing when they said it jumped quality control and it will be done in abuja

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Oladepo812: 9:32am On Jul 22, 2023
Visa Alert! Visa Alert! Visa Alert!

CAS --- 1st of June
Visa Type --- Standard Visa
Who? --- Main Applicant for now
Application Date --- 03 July
Biometric ---10 July
TLS contact --- Ikeja
Transferred to DMC --- 10 July
Received by DMC ---11 July
Transferred to VAC --- 20 July
Received by VAC --- 20 July
Collection Mail --- 20 July
No NSF
BRP mail --- 21 July

Documents Submitted
CAS
Transcript
Deg Cert
WAEC Cert
Bank Statement
Passport Data Page
ATAS Cert(Not for all courses)
TB cert
NYSC Cert
Employment Letter
Promotion Letter
Work ID
CV

Firstly, I thank Almighty God for his mercy. I also appreciate every contributors in this forum for their sincere and selfless support. I joined the platform with almost zero knowledge about the process but here today with the information gathered on this platform, it is a success story.
Key Learnings
*Try to read through most of the pages especially part 8 of this thread, for most of your intended questions might have been answered.
*While reading through, screenshot and save any vital and useful info you come across. You can save these in a dedicated folder or your personal WhatsApp number so that you can read through at your leisure or when you're about to take any major step in the course of the process.
*Don't hesitate to ask for clearity when you're not clear about a response.
Thanks to duchess90, cashmadam, mimilyrics, justwise, et al for your special contribution on this platform.
I wish everyone here the very best in all your endeavors.

12 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Omoboyeo(m): 11:52am On Jul 22, 2023
Pls what is the sentence in your employment letter? Did it show your salary per annum
Oladepo812:
Visa Alert! Visa Alert! Visa Alert!

CAS --- 1st of June
Visa Type --- Standard Visa
Who? --- Main Applicant for now
Application Date --- 03 July
Biometric ---10 July
TLS contact --- Ikeja
Transferred to DMC --- 10 July
Received by DMC ---11 July
Transferred to VAC --- 20 July
Received by VAC --- 20 July
Collection Mail --- 20 July
No NSF
BRP mail --- 21 July

Documents Submitted
CAS
Transcript
Deg Cert
WAEC Cert
Bank Statement
Passport Data Page
ATAS Cert(Not for all courses)
TB cert
NYSC Cert
Employment Letter
Promotion Letter
Work ID
CV

Firstly, I thank Almighty God for his mercy. I also appreciate every contributors in this forum for their sincere and selfless support. I joined the platform with almost zero knowledge about the process but here today with the information gathered on this platform, it is a success story.
Key Learnings
*Try to read through most of the pages especially part 8 of this thread, for most of your intended questions might have been answered.
*While reading through, screenshot and save any vital and useful info you come across. You can save these in a dedicated folder or your personal WhatsApp number so that you can read through at your leisure or when you're about to take any major step in the course of the process.
*Don't hesitate to ask for clearity when you're not clear about a response.
Thanks to duchess90, cashmadam, mimilyrics, justwise, et al for your special contribution on this platform.
I wish everyone here the very best in all your endeavors.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by topie2sure: 12:02pm On Jul 22, 2023
Please i want to 4k pounds to my school for deposit from a dollar domiciliary acct.

The question is, if it’s possible paying from a dollar acct to the school directly who is to receive in pounds.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Oladepo812: 1:25pm On Jul 22, 2023
No.

Omoboyeo:
Pls what is the sentence in your employment letter? Did it show your salary per annum
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Leadbrook: 1:29pm On Jul 22, 2023
Tonymegabush1:
Any student heading to Surrey, Guildford here?

Yes
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Abbey248: 2:44pm On Jul 22, 2023
Hello house

How I respond to this? I don't have Ecctis

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by ElMejor10: 2:55pm On Jul 22, 2023
Hello @duchess90 and other gurus in the house.

Please I have few questions to ask;
1. Is it the same reference letter used to apply for school admission we are to use for student route visa application as well?

2. For someone who had a visa refusal earlier this year, am I to declare it with evidence (the refusal email from UKVI) during my application or it’s okay to just declare it without uploading the refusal email from UKVI?

3. Hope I wouldn’t need any employment letter/reference as I graduated 2019, started NYSC 2021 and finished 2022 (couldn’t go 2020 due to the coronavirus outbreak).. I hope my NYSC certificate can suffice?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Shaffy001: 3:18pm On Jul 22, 2023
Please to gurus who there interview is rescheduled for one or two reason..it takes how long to be rescheduled for the 2nd interview..my BP is rising on daily basis
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by sovicangel(f): 4:28pm On Jul 22, 2023
Please my promotion letter is not ready yet as I just got promoted last month neither have I been given my confirmation letter. Will appointment letter only suffice or I need to add something else? My appointment letter is dated 2020 and my BSc is 2014 @duchess pls help
AdeolaFoods:
[
Am also a federal civil servant, I am only dropping my appointment and promotion letter

quote author=sovicangel post=124571393]Gurus in the house please is reference compulsory for civil servants? I thought employment letter and payslip is enough
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by sovicangel(f): 4:30pm On Jul 22, 2023
Thank you. Will leave the payslip out
fematcommand:
Payslip is not needed don't include that to sabotage your effort.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Loko40: 5:18pm On Jul 22, 2023
Good evening all,

Please I am finding it difficult to start my Visa application process on GOV.UK. If I click on NO on the second question which says DO I HAVE EU PASSPORT, the app will re-send me back to the first question WHERE I WANT TO LIVE. This has been the case since yesterday so I don't think it's network issue. Though I used the link sometimes November 2022 but I didn't complete the process since I didn't later applied for the Visa.

Could it be because of that because I read that access may be difficult if one didn't revisit the process after 10 weeks?

If yes, then what can I do please?

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by f4flakes(f): 5:20pm On Jul 22, 2023
Yaya88:

When did you do your biometrics?

9th of June
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Susdiv: 6:21pm On Jul 22, 2023
Knowledgeispowe:
Please I need your advice, my school is asking to add additional 20% to my POF before they issued CAS due to naira flautication. Ordo I have more than the required amount before now the school required an additional 20% before they can issue CAS. I don't have money to pay for school fee topup which would have been the best idea, can I use my fixed deposit or pension savings kindly advise

What school? That was what my school said
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Opppzy001: 6:24pm On Jul 22, 2023
I asked the officer in charge that if I need to give money he should let me know but he said it's not about money... I am confused

Na Money dem won collect. It happened to me too you need sure link in collection room pay him and he will helph. I spent almost 500k for 10 years passport out of which 150k was for bribing when they said it jumped quality control add it will be done in abujq[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by LiftedMan: 6:50pm On Jul 22, 2023
Oladepo812:
No.

If I may ask also, did it(employment letter) show your monthly pay or it doesn't contain your financial package at all?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Portex: 7:15pm On Jul 22, 2023
Otokitifunmi:
Please help,

My husband is the MA, we did our TB test on Wednesday at IOM, mine was ok but they said they would have to conduct another test on him (sputum test) because they saw something in his chest. Note: he has never had any symptom of TB. They said the result will be out in 10weeks.

He tried to book appointment with other centers and the closest date he got for St. Nicholas was August 24th, meanwhile the deadline for his school (Ulster) is 18th August. What is the way out?

Should he gate crash the hospital maybe he can get another test done before that date?
Who has a contact at St. Nicholas that can help?
I'm just worried because this Sept is the deadline for bringing dependents.

Thanks in anticipation for your response.
1) I will advise you to wait for the test to come out. He should email the school and let them know about his situation. His health is more important than anything. The school’s enrollment deadline is around October, so hopefully the result will be negative. And then you can use super priority.
2) Try another hospital
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Fadd2: 7:34pm On Jul 22, 2023
Goodevening all,

Please i got collection mail yesterday afternoon and up till now no BRP mail yet.

Is this okay what can i do? Although i am yet to visit TLS because it's weekend
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by oladeyle: 7:55pm On Jul 22, 2023
Ensure your surname appears as the depositor on the SOA

Jusn:

@duchess90 and others

Assuming someone can't use the parents pof because of different surname and the person recently finish nysc last year. What can he do if decides to use his own account.

How can he prove the pof incase his queried about it.
Please a response will be highly appreciated
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Oladepo812: 7:56pm On Jul 22, 2023
I didn't include the compensation parts.

LiftedMan:

If I may ask also, did it(employment letter) show your monthly pay or it doesn't contain your financial package at all?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Rhamzy94(m): 8:04pm On Jul 22, 2023

Oladepo812:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by LiftedMan: 8:10pm On Jul 22, 2023
Oladepo812:

Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by oladeyle: 8:21pm On Jul 22, 2023
No, be at alert by Tuesdays 9am they open slot at Qlife

Otokitifunmi:

Qlife does not have available date for July and August

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by atesun: 8:31pm On Jul 22, 2023
Fadd2:
Goodevening all,

Please i got collection mail yesterday afternoon and up till now no BRP mail yet.

Is this okay what can i do? Although i am yet to visit TLS because it's weekend

Check promotion section of your gmail
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by AlayeKondogbia: 8:41pm On Jul 22, 2023
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Monopoly1: 8:46pm On Jul 22, 2023
oladeyle:

No, be at alert by Tuesdays 9am they open slot at Qlife

slots are opened mondays, except it has been changed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (269) (Reply)

Bus Fare Within Nigeria / Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures / Lithuania Student Visa

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.