Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 - Travel (179) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 (277026 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (269) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by EzekielBams(m): 4:50pm On Oct 05, 2023
When did you do your biometrics?

Thank You
quote author=castiello post=126216858]My people in the house I got a collection mail today it’s a dependent visa I was interviewed my spouse is already in the uk. Now my worries are I did not get any decisions email from DMC please what should I do I only got the collection mail[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by adespecial: 4:54pm On Oct 05, 2023
Pls kindly share the names of the schools cos am also looking for schools with nov intake [qauote author=olamse post=126203893]Pls my people, how feasible is this I saw on fbk....nov/Dec intake in some universities and one can travel with dependents. Is there any one on this? Thanks
[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by biosamak: 5:03pm On Oct 05, 2023
adespecial:
Pls kindly share the names of the schools cos am also looking for schools with nov intake [qauote author=olamse post=126203893]Pls my people, how feasible is this I saw on fbk....nov/Dec intake in some universities and one can travel with dependents. Is there any one on this? Thanks

Can you meet up with Nov school?regent college London but you go do extra ordinary work sha good luck

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by EconFinance: 5:13pm On Oct 05, 2023
Dear people

Who else got an unconditional offer to go study at Leeds Beckett University for January Intake ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by EconFinance: 5:15pm On Oct 05, 2023
EconFinance:
Dear people

Who else got an unconditional offer to go study at Leeds Beckett University for January Intake ?
I'm about applying for my CAS at the school and I need a lil clarification

I have gotten the following

1. Official receipt of payment confirmation by the school
2. A filled up application form for my CAS
3. Bank statement of myself and my parent
One statement each

Is this enough to apply for my CAS?

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by biosamak: 5:38pm On Oct 05, 2023
EconFinance:

One statement each

Thank you

How much is there deposit
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by EconFinance: 5:56pm On Oct 05, 2023
biosamak:

How much is there deposit
They asked for half which was 8 grand
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Helpperboss360: 6:03pm On Oct 05, 2023
I have received the text message now from DHL how long will it take before I see the visa in my location. . I will share my testimony 😀 now I believe everything have been reading here ,😊😊😊Canada show me perper untop scholarship last year😭😭 money waste thank God I switched the race fast to UK.this year

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by castiello(m): 6:35pm On Oct 05, 2023
My biometric was 14th of September and it’s priority but I was delayed because interview was canceled twice

EzekielBams:
When did you do your biometrics?

Thank You
quote author=castiello post=126216858]My people in the house I got a collection mail today it’s a dependent visa I was interviewed my spouse is already in the uk. Now my worries are I did not get any decisions email from DMC please what should I do I only got the collection mail
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Damiloves: 7:19pm On Oct 05, 2023
I did my biometrics on the 14th as well standard and only receive empty Nsf 3 days ago. I might be schedule for an interview as well. Can you please share the questions that was asked during the interview process and what method was use for the interview?

castiello:

My biometric was 14th of September and it’s priority but I was delayed because interview was canceled twice

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Chubby682: 7:41pm On Oct 05, 2023
Good evening to everyone, I just received admission to Queen Margaret University in Edinburgh for January, I am about to pay tuition deposit, please QMU is good school. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by spininaroundsun(m): 8:42pm On Oct 05, 2023
Hello everyone,

I require some assistance with filling out visa application forms for myself and our children. We are dependent on my wife, who is currently in the UK since last week on student visa.

On my application form, should I answer 'Yes and No' to both questions in the screenshots below?, I am so confused here.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 1stdami(m): 9:22pm On Oct 05, 2023
Hi guys,

Can anyone recommend a hotel / guest house that is affordable and close to Lagos airport please. I need to travel down there for an early morning flight.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by ExpertNLer: 9:50pm On Oct 05, 2023
The answer is no for the first one if you guys are in Nigeria
spininaroundsun:
Hello everyone,

I require some assistance with filling out visa application forms for myself and our children. We are dependent on my wife, who is currently in the UK since last week on student visa.

On my application form, should I answer 'Yes and No' to both questions in the screenshots below?, I am so confused here.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Champay: 9:57pm On Oct 05, 2023
Hi guys. Thanks to the mods and everyone for the day to day heads-up.

I have got a friend who recently had to leave the Uk. He rushed in to study one of the IT courses because of the money hype around the course and barely some months into it, he found out that he couldn’t cope. To make matters worse, the lecturers were not helpful (as adduced by a lot of my friend’s colleagues) and they did not start make the course suitable for beginners as promised on their course page.
He got tired and gave up when he saw his first semester result. Upon leaving school, he was reported to UKVI and the school sent him a mail detailing this but UKVI did not send him any mail before he left voluntarily. Now he is back in Nigeria and he wants to reapply for another course that is within his capacity. What are the possible bottlenecks that he might have to face?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Taal17: 10:43pm On Oct 05, 2023
EconFinance:

One statement each

Thank you
CAS comes from your school. It's your school that will say what's required for getting CAS
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Taal17: 10:46pm On Oct 05, 2023
1stdami:
Hi guys,

Can anyone recommend a hotel / guest house that is affordable and close to Lagos airport please. I need to travel down there for an early morning flight.

Look for one close to international airport. Search with google.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by spininaroundsun(m): 11:25pm On Oct 05, 2023
ExpertNLer:
The answer is no for the first one if you guys are in Nigeria

Thank you for your response.

Further clarification, please.

You meant, the answer to the first question should be "no" since we, the dependents are presently in Nigeria and her, the MA is in the UK?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by headofschool: 11:25pm On Oct 05, 2023
Use hotel.ng
1stdami:
Hi guys,

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by ExpertNLer: 1:31am On Oct 06, 2023
Yes. The only time it should be 'yes' is if you have received a previous visa/BRP to be with her in the UK
spininaroundsun:

Thank you for your response.

Further clarification, please.

You meant, the answer to the first question should be "no" since we, the dependents are presently in Nigeria and her, the MA is in the UK?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Advision: 7:06am On Oct 06, 2023
1stdami:
Hi guys,

Just go to the airport very late at night and stay at the passenger waiting area. Get a good place to rest.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by dduchess90(f): 7:46am On Oct 06, 2023
Hello

How long ago was this??

Since he left voluntarily it should be fine, he should ensure he declares it and prepares for an interview
There will be enough scrutiny on his application to confirm he is a genuine student

Cheers
Champay:
Hi guys. Thanks to the mods and everyone for the day to day heads-up.

I have got a friend who recently had to leave the Uk. He rushed in to study one of the IT courses because of the money hype around the course and barely some months into it, he found out that he couldn’t cope. To make matters worse, the lecturers were not helpful (as adduced by a lot of my friend’s colleagues) and they did not start make the course suitable for beginners as promised on their course page.
He got tired and gave up when he saw his first semester result. Upon leaving school, he was reported to UKVI and the school sent him a mail detailing this but UKVI did not send him any mail before he left voluntarily. Now he is back in Nigeria and he wants to reapply for another course that is within his capacity. What are the possible bottlenecks that he might have to face?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by dduchess90(f): 7:48am On Oct 06, 2023
Hello

1. No to question 1

2. If the MA has been in the UK for more than 3months then No to question 2 also, if it’s less than 3months then Yes

Cheers
spininaroundsun:
Hello everyone,

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by dduchess90(f): 7:50am On Oct 06, 2023
Hello

Check your inbox and junk messages

If you haven’t gotten a refusal mail by now then Congratulations

The decision mail will come in shortly

Cheers
castiello:
My people in the house I got a collection mail today it’s a dependent visa I was interviewed my spouse is already in the uk. Now my worries are I did not get any decisions email from DMC please what should I do I only got the collection mail
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Zoey1: 9:01am On Oct 06, 2023
I hope you didnt cancel.
My reasons:
1.Even if you cancel , you will only get IHS as all other fees are none refundable.
2. If you don’t cancel and it comes out positive , you are one step ahead and have a record of getting the visa hence whenever you are applying next you know what you did right the last and can build on that.
3. Even if it’s not successful , it wil show you where to improve on.
4. Canceling might give them the vibe that needed to wothdraw back money kept somewhere and kind of desperate.
That’s my opinion though.
Castalia:
Hello `@dduchess90 and others.

Please I need a little advice on what to do.

school has given till 9th October (next Monday) as final date for enrolment. The clearly stated that there will be no extension.

I have called, I have escalated by mail etc. Nothing positive yet.

Please what do I do?

Do i cancel and withdraw the application?

If I dont cancel, (and visa comes out but I am unable to travel) will I still be able to get a refund of IHS and Application fee? (because as it is, it is very very unlikely that I will make it).

Please advice
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Lordjones: 9:26am On Oct 06, 2023
biosamak:

If your application is up to 15days you can do escalation mail that takes about 15 days for them to respond they set you up for an interview or ask more documents within the escalation period.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Lordjones: 9:28am On Oct 06, 2023
biosamak:

If your application is up to 15days you can do escalation mail that takes about 15 days for them to respond they set you up for an interview or ask more documents within the escalation period.
Hello, do you mean 15 working days or normal day? My application will be 15 working days today, I received 1 empty NSF each for both MA and dependant, did 1 paid mail on tuesday saying decisions has not been made, still no movent from DMC till date. Both MA and depedent are in the same situation, what can i do next everyone?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by biosamak: 9:48am On Oct 06, 2023
Lordjones:
Hello, do you mean 15 working days or normal day? My application will be 15 working days today, I received 1 empty NSF each for both MA and dependant, did 1 paid mail on tuesday saying decisions has not been made, still no movent from DMC till date. Both MA and depedent are in the same situation, what can i do next everyone?

I mean to say 15 working days, and now you can escalate your application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by olamse: 10:21am On Oct 06, 2023
adespecial:
Tees.ac.uk, university of Wolverhampton
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by flopex: 11:02am On Oct 06, 2023
I wanted to give a massive shoutout to everyone who contributed here. I wanted to share my experience through this process. It may give some people hope/and help them prepare for the journey to study in the United Kingdom.

Application Type: Standard
Bio Date: 20th of June, 2023 (Abuja)
CAS Used: Email from University 5th July 2023 (Email stated: CAS used; this means your application has been processed and should receive a decision soon)
Radio Silence (No NSF/Additional Document)
1st Paid call after 15 working days, first escalation (No update/Under consideration)
2nd Paid call after 15 working days, Second escalation (No Update/Under consideration)
3rd Paid call after 15 working days, Third escalation (No update/Under consideration)
Complaint Date: 3rd September 2023 - No response
School resumption date: 18th September 2023 (I still have not heard back from UKVI), last enrolment date: 9th October 2023.
24th September 2023, BRP Mail Visa Successful, dated 20th September 2023 (You can Imagine the relief!)
Waiting for collection mail .....
By 29th September 2023, No collection mail; the following week, I sent a series of emails to update my Uni.
I visited the TLS centre to check if it might be an issue with them emailing or texting me on 3rd October 2023, and I was told my passport was not ready; I met quite a few people with the same issue on that day, BRP email and no collection email, distressed is an understatement.. trust me.
I emailed the Uni to please extend the last day of enrolment for me as I already have the BRP email on 5th October 2023 by 10 am; shortly after sending that email, I got an email from TLS to collect my passport !!
I'm at the airport right now with no sleep as It has been a massive rush!
It doesn't matter if you're applying three months before resumption; please use it if you can afford priority. The gamble and stress/anxiety that comes with waiting is NOT WORTH IT! That being said, I know a few people who used priority and waited two months plus.
God speed.

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by knowledgeBee: 12:05pm On Oct 06, 2023
Obriken:
Good morning everyone, please I want to make an inquiry.

My wife is the MA.
We've been married since 2019 traditionally and did our wedding in an Anglican church, is it a must we do court registry because we're trying to avoid the expense, also time and distance posses another challenge to us.
We've every other thing that can be used as proof of our marriage, na just the registry we want to avoid.

It's urgent please

Understanding Marriage Requirements

Firstly, it's essential to clarify that I'm not a legal expert, but I can offer some general advice regarding marriage and registration.

1. Traditional and Church Marriage:

Traditional and church weddings are meaningful ceremonies that celebrate your love and commitment, but they may not be legally recognized by the government.
2. Legal Registration:

In many countries, including Nigeria, a legal marriage registration is a separate process from traditional or religious ceremonies.
The court registry provides legal recognition of your marriage.
3. Importance of Court Registry:

Registering your marriage at the court offers legal protection and rights to you and your spouse.
It can be essential for various legal matters, like inheritance, property rights, and immigration.
Considering Your Situation

4. Expense and Challenges:

It's understandable that the expenses, time, and distance may pose challenges.
However, the cost and process of court registration can vary, so it's advisable to consult with local authorities to understand the exact requirements and fees.
5. Seek Legal Advice:

To make an informed decision, it's best to consult with a legal expert who can guide you through the process and any possible alternatives.
Contact For Dubai
While addressing your marriage concerns, if you're planning a trip to Dubai for a romantic getaway or any other reason, consider [b]Captain Dunes [/b]tour operator services for a memorable and hassle-free experience in Dubai! They can help you explore the beautiful destinations in the region.

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (269) (Reply)

Bus Fare Within Nigeria / Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures / Lithuania Student Visa

Viewing this topic: Bunki3(m), oohunt, Ticha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.