Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,476 members, 7,830,393 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 - Travel (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 (286296 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (274) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by odi1278(m): 2:09am On Jul 31, 2023
Dear team

Thanks for all you do and responding to all questions.
I have two questions
1. I just submitted my application but yet to do biometrics. Please can I still upload documents as I missed about two documents (reference letter from previous employer to cover for gap, nysc certificate, birth certificate of my dependants and more chats) that I should’ve submitted. I did self service.
2. I got separated but not divorced yet, I have an unmarried partner who has twins for me and they are my dependants. I submitted 11 pics, immigration dna, bank transfers to her, email correspondence) will they be refused visa.
Note: I have travelled with my estranged wife to the uk in the past. I stated in my application that I am separated but under dependent I didn’t include her name only the unmarried partner with the twins.
Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Willrobert9398: 5:34am On Jul 31, 2023
Hello house I have 2 questions.
1. I graduated oct 2018, completed NYSC sept 2019. Do I need to explain my study gap? Would it start counting from NYSC completion or Degree graduation.

2. After applying for visa application. Can one remove remove the POF from the account?
Has anyone done this before? What was the outcome. I mean lets say I spent 2m out of 10m I have in my account on something impromtu.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by duchess90(f): 6:19am On Jul 31, 2023
Hello

1.Your study gap is from 2018, NYSC is part of an activity you have done for 1year. Are you employed or self employed? You could add an additional evidence in this regard

2. Your POF is for your study in the UK, any other arrangement is full on deceit and will attract a 10year ban when caught

Also we don't encourage such discussion on this thread

Cheers
Willrobert9398:
Hello house I have 2 questions.
1. I graduated oct 2018, completed NYSC sept 2019. Do I need to explain my study gap? Would it start counting from NYSC completion or Degree graduation.

2. After applying for visa application. Can one remove remove the POF from the account?
Has anyone done this before? What was the outcome.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by duchess90(f): 6:21am On Jul 31, 2023
Hello

1. You can upload your documents at TLS and pay for assisted service

In my opinion , being separated is not a legal status,you are still legally married if you aren't divorced. You can't have your wife's details on previous visa application and submit a different name as unmarried partner

I will still proceed to advise below when you get it right:

Include the birth certificate of your children to show the unmarried partner is their mother

With your partner you have to provide enough evidence to show your relationship is substantial, these should include bills paid together,rent ,joint statement etc.

If their mother is refused the kids will automatically be refused.

Back to my initial point, separated doesn't say anything about your legal status.

Cheers
odi1278:
Dear team

Thanks for all you do and responding to all questions.
I have two questions
1. I just submitted my application but yet to do biometrics. Please can I still upload documents as I missed about two documents (reference letter from previous employer to cover for gap, nysc certificate, birth certificate of my dependants and more chats) that I should’ve submitted. I did self service.
2. I got separated but not divorced yet, I have an unmarried partner who has twins for me and they are my dependants. I submitted 11 pics, immigration dna, bank transfers to her, email correspondence) will they be refused visa.
Note: I have travelled with my estranged wife to the uk in the past. I stated in my application that I am separated but under dependent I didn’t include her name only the unmarried partner with the twins.
Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by duchess90(f): 6:30am On Jul 31, 2023
Hello

Not needed

Just your company registration and tax documents

Cheers

gthots:
So for one with a study gap with proof of registered business, will there be any need to share extensive details with the ECO about the activities of the company? For example, sharing links to social media pages or channels where services (e-books & online classes) of the business can be purchased.

Any guidance or advice is welcome cool
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by duchess90(f): 6:33am On Jul 31, 2023
Hello

You will need a physical card at TLS

Cheers
tolats:
Thank you for your prompt response. The application has been submitted already and there’s no way the priority could be added, at least I’m not seeing it on the TLS portal again. That’s why we’ve decided to add it at the TLS centre. I may be wrong though. Will physical card be needed or just the card details to make the payment? A pound debit card is available but not physically. What do you advice?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by duchess90(f): 6:35am On Jul 31, 2023
Hello

Is it your account?

If you need to make financial transactions please do so

Cheers
EconFinance:
Dear Partners

Will it be problematic if I keep sending monies into my account that I want to use the statements for POF?..

Because that's what I have been doing
But it's small sums of money
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by duchess90(f): 6:39am On Jul 31, 2023
Hello

1. If it is stated in your CAS then upload it

2. The address is insignificant, your affidavit to correct your date of birth is more important,upload that too

Cheers
awesinic:
greetings everyone! @ Duchess

is it really required/compulsory for one to upload second school certificate (Waec/ Neco) among the documents to be uploaded during application?

there's an error on my waec result on date of birth, i had corrected it with affidavit long time back, just now again i discovered the Address on it them is different for what have been using now also for the application.

so i option not to upload it and however i need to check if it's really necessary or not.

your kind response!

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by duchess90(f): 6:41am On Jul 31, 2023
Hello

Optional

Usually,the ECO will request to see the MAs statement to confirm the funds were not recycled and yes it has to be up to date

If you do decide to submit both include a cover letter to explain what SOA refers to your dependant

Remember your POF is for your study/use in the UK

Cheers
Yemmymo:
Hello

@duchess and everyone

Please does MA need to submit updated SOA at the point of dependent application, even though dependent's POF was running when MA submitted their application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by duchess90(f): 6:42am On Jul 31, 2023
Hello

Use an up to date statement from 21st June till date

Cheers
missetuk:
Good day all,
My school requested for POF before issuing CAS,
I sent them a statement of account from the 21st of June to 20th of July.
CAS was issued in the 26th. My appointment is for biometrics is for the 2nd. Can I print a more recent statement or should I upload same thing that was sent to the school
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by LarbieNesky: 6:59am On Jul 31, 2023
Justpat:

Hello for your issue, you seem to have exhausted the allowed card transaction limit on your gtb card hence no other payment is going through successfully. You may need to use a different card to pay the remaining payment. There are usually monthly/quarterly/ annual limits on cards for web transactions. Cheers

Thank you very much for your input. However, I contacted the bank severally and I was told the card has no limit. In fact, they confirmed the declined transaction(which I have done like about 8times) didn't hit their system at all. The last successful payment was the one they saw. Option of using another card is worth trying too, I hope to try that today and I pray it works out. Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by gthots: 7:08am On Jul 31, 2023
Thank you for your prompt response, I appreciate it.

Please when you say tax document is it for the company or the individual?

Also, the applicant started a Distance Learning MBA in 2021 and has written the last 4 papers in June 2023 but waiting for the final result. Can this be included to support the study gap? Kindly note that there is no official transcript just student copy results for the last 4 semesters.

The proposed course of study is MSc Entrepreneurship and Innovation.

duchess90:
Hello

Not needed

Just your company registration and tax documents

Cheers

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by skayT: 7:37am On Jul 31, 2023
Hello My people

Please does TLSContact centre accept soft copies of supporting documents(e.g marriage pictures, WhatsApp chat history etc which are usually in soft copies) from applicants to help upload when one pays for assisted service?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Karishma(f): 7:42am On Jul 31, 2023
Good morning guys,
I am new here so I have a couple of questions, please bear with me.

1. I am living in Nigeria, working after completing NYSC a few months ago, but I have applied for a 2 year masters in the UK for winter entry. My sponsor is my sister who is in the UK. How do we go about using her as my sponsor?

2. When showing proof of fund, considering my program is a 2 year program, am I to show the full 2 year fees as available at time of application, or is showing proof of fund for 1 year of the fees adequate?

3. Based on the current clime in terms of visa sponsorship, what is the duration of the postgraduate visa after completing masters? Is it still 2 years as before? Or has it been reduced to 6 months?

4. Anyone going for winter entry here? What’s the timeframe for schools to process applications please as it’s almost August and I applied two months ago but have not heard back from the schools.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Paparaxo(m): 7:44am On Jul 31, 2023
You have to print all your supporting documents in standard A4 paper.

skayT:
Hello My people

Please does TLSContact centre accept soft copies of supporting documents(e.g marriage pictures, WhatsApp chat history etc which are usually in soft copies) from applicants to help upload when one pays for assisted service?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Paparaxo(m): 7:58am On Jul 31, 2023
1, Being your sister, and your sponsor, there’re limitations to what she can “officially do for you”. She can help with payments of tuition, accommodations and all. But sadly you can’t use her bank statements for visa purposes. She can however transfer the required sum in your account and then you use your bank statement.

2, You’ll only show tuition deposits and maintenance fees for 1yr.

3, Post study work visas still remains 2 years. That hasn’t changed.

4, You should know most schools are super busy at the moment as they’re giving priority to 2023 Sept applicants. But just keep applying, and to as many school as possible. The earlier the better.

Karishma:
Good morning guys,
I am new here so I have a couple of questions, please bear with me.

1. I am living in Nigeria, working after completing NYSC a few months ago, but I have applied for a 2 year masters in the UK for winter entry. My sponsor is my sister who is in the UK. How do we go about using her as my sponsor?

2. When showing proof of fund, considering my program is a 2 year program, am I to show the full 2 year fees as available at time of application, or is showing proof of fund for 1 year of the fees adequate?

3. Based on the current clime in terms of visa sponsorship, what is the duration of the postgraduate visa after completing masters? Is it still 2 years as before? Or has it been reduced to 6 months?

4. Anyone going for winter entry here? What’s the timeframe for schools to process applications please as it’s almost August and I applied two months ago but have not heard back from the schools.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Karishma(f): 8:02am On Jul 31, 2023
Thanks for your reply, she did start transferring some of the funds to me earlier in the year to build my account, but stopped after the exchange rate started climbing rapidly. The amount she transferred to me has depreciated already so that was why we decided to leave the amount in her account in the UK.
What will you advise when it comes to time to apply for visa, should she still transfer it to me? And how do I then prove to the ECO that I got the funds cause I would then have to disclose that it’s from my sister? Is there a way of keeping the money so it remains at the pounds value?

Paparaxo:
1, Being your sister, and your sponsor, there’re limitations to what she can “officially do for you”. She can help with payments of tuition, accommodations and all. But sadly you can’t use her bank statements for visa purposes. She can however transfer the required sum in your account and then you use your bank statement.

2, You’ll only show tuition deposits and maintenance fees for 1yr.

3, Post study work visas still remains 2 years. That hasn’t changed.

4, You should know most schools are super busy at the moment as they’re giving priority to 2023 Sept applicants. But just keep applying, and to as many school as possible. The earlier the better.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by EconFinance: 8:11am On Jul 31, 2023
duchess90:
Hello

Is it your account?

If you need to make financial transactions please do so

Cheers

It is my account

It's an account where I have been making periodic transfers into for years now
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Sandrylala: 8:18am On Jul 31, 2023
Good morning everyone.
I have done my bio last week but yesterday i took a good look at the Tls checklist and discovered the Sponsor evidence is Striked as well as travel and resident document. But i submitted CAS and Passport, assisted service.
Is it how it should be?. I'm worried.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Isiterere(m): 8:23am On Jul 31, 2023
Karishma:
Thanks for your reply, she did start transferring some of the funds to me earlier in the year to build my account, but stopped after the exchange rate started climbing rapidly. The amount she transferred to me has depreciated already so that was why we decided to leave the amount in her account in the UK.
What will you advise when it comes to time to apply for visa, should she still transfer it to me? And how do I then prove to the ECO that I got the funds cause I would then have to disclose that it’s from my sister? Is there a way of keeping the money so it remains at the pounds value?

Your sister cannot be your sponsor, you cannot use her bank account as POF.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by duchess90(f): 8:26am On Jul 31, 2023
Hello

Yes please

Include the student copy of results

Cheers
gthots:
Thank you for your prompt response, I appreciate it.

Please when you say tax document is it for the company or the individual?

Also, the applicant started a Distance Learning MBA in 2021 and has written the last 4 papers in June 2023 but waiting for the final result. Can this be included to support the study gap? Kindly note that there is no official transcript just student copy results for the last 4 semesters.

The proposed course of study is MSc Entrepreneurship and Innovation.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by duchess90(f): 8:27am On Jul 31, 2023
Hello

Then it shouldn't be a concern

Cheers
EconFinance:

It is my account

It's an account where I have been making periodic transfers into for years now
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by duchess90(f): 8:28am On Jul 31, 2023
Hello

You shouldn't be

Cheers
Sandrylala:
Good morning everyone.
I have done my bio last week but yesterday i took a good look at the Tls checklist and discovered the Sponsor evidence is Striked as well as travel and resident document. But i submitted CAS and Passport, assisted service.
Is it how it should be?. I'm worried.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Marioboyz: 8:30am On Jul 31, 2023
duchess90:
Hello

You shouldn't be

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Sandrylala: 8:50am On Jul 31, 2023
God bless you for this. So it is normal the checklist is like that ?. Because the lady even stappled the copy of my passport bio page to the checklist and said i would bring it for passport collection. And i submitted Cas for scanning and I'msure she scanned everything because i watched her do it. Just on the checklist the sponsor evidencewas striked not marked for original or copy
duchess90:
Hello

You shouldn't be

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Portex: 8:50am On Jul 31, 2023
Karishma:

You can use a Dom account
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by EconFinance: 8:54am On Jul 31, 2023
duchess90:
Hello

Then it shouldn't be a concern

Cheers
Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Thortp(m): 8:59am On Jul 31, 2023
Search for NIGERIAN TO DERBY on telegram

Meemacca:
Hello everyone. Does anyone know how long it takes for University of Derby to issue CAS after submission of the form? You response is well anticipated.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Paparaxo(m): 9:06am On Jul 31, 2023
Oh I would suggest you open a pound account with your bank since she’s in the UK. That way she can transfer the funds in pounds without worrying about exchange rate. Gives you more peace of mind too. The transfer can be made in one lump sum. However, when printing your bank statement, you start counting from the day after you received the lump sum(this prevents you from having to explain how you got the money). UKVI accepts bank statements in any currency. So long it’s in your name, parents or legal partner’s name.

Karishma
post=124774299:

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Karishma(f): 9:14am On Jul 31, 2023
Thanks, I think we will start working on this now then so it can be in the account for sometime before I have to show POF.

Thanks everyone for the answers.

Paparaxo:
Oh I would suggest you open a pound account with your bank since she’s in the UK. That way she can transfer the funds in pounds without worrying about exchange rate. Gives you more peace of mind too. The transfer can be made in one lump sum. However, when printing your bank statement, you start counting from the day after you received the lump sum(this prevents you from having to explain how you got the money). UKVI accepts bank statements in any currency. So long it’s in your name, parents or legal partner’s name.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by olagamalin(m): 9:23am On Jul 31, 2023
Hello Guys,

Pls I have an urgent question. I came into the UK as a single student, and recently I went back to Nigeria to marry.

How do I notify the Home Office about my change of martial status, so I can start processing my wife's dependant visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Sandrylala: 9:33am On Jul 31, 2023
You mean it is not an error ? That is how it should be ?
duchess90:
Hello

You shouldn't be

Cheers

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (274) (Reply)

Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures / Lithuania Student Visa / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.