Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,684 members, 7,816,788 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? (73400 Views)

Can 25 Million Naira Build This? / Can 11 Million Naira Build This Kind House? / Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by Gaskiya77: 5:38pm On Jul 18, 2023
What about the interior plan?
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by Fountain23: 5:38pm On Jul 18, 2023
THOSE WHO SAID HE MUST BE PRESIDENT ARE NOW COMPLAINING . MY IGBO BROTHERS AND SISTERS. WE WILL SURVIVE ANY GOVERNMENT.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by talented321: 5:38pm On Jul 18, 2023
When next if u have eye problem go and meet your uselesr family peopls let them take u for treatment, and stop quoting people anyhow on nairaland.
Very very useless man.
Buddha3:

Ah, so you had to abuse me to make your point?

Eh ma binu, Ogbeni!

I was under the illusion that I was engaging a sane human being. E no clear me early say na person wey dey trek for sun since 2pm you be.
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by Fxwarrior: 5:39pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ladiesdream:
5 million will only roof that house. 7 million additional will finish the house to taste. Totalling 12m

Are you saying the worker was catching cruise?

Contact him and have him build it. Save us this argument.
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by joyandfaith: 5:40pm On Jul 18, 2023
jmoore:
The worker shared a photo of a fine house on Twitter with the caption: "With 5M, I can build this 2 bedroom house for you if you already have a land."

It depends on floor plan, nature of tiles/ roofs/ceilings and other furnishings.
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by 12345bbt: 5:40pm On Jul 18, 2023
[quote author=acorntree post=124475921]

With 5m it's possible only that it may not be posh like this. House design get different level , someone can build a small house with 1m and someone else with 100m. The size, quality , sophistication is the difference. Houses are not the same just like cars are not the same, someone using kabukabu will say he has a car whereas if you see expensive tear rubber car , you will surely see the difference. With substandard building material you can even build that house there with 2m, only that it won't last. Just use gutter sand to mold block. Use 1bag of cement with 10pan of sand and 2 pan gravel, house foundation have started.😁😁😁😁
You answered it all
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jul 18, 2023
talented321:
When next if u have eye problem go and meet your uselesr family peopls let them take u for treatment, and stop quoting people anyhow on nairaland.
Very very useless man.

Your papa!!

See face like burnt offering for Anglican church!
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by sholay4star: 5:41pm On Jul 18, 2023
Biola67:

With your village wood bah

Well, I don't know elsewhere but where I reside, 5m will build that house and yes, with my village wood. You'll be surprised if I tell you the amount spent on this project so far including land purchase.

1 Like

Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by noyd911(m): 5:42pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ok. Let's do the calculation,

Elemental valuation (estimate)

Substructure ( foundation) = 800k

Super structure ( building) = 2M

Roof covering = 1.2m

We don clock 4M already, shey na 1M the poster take do finishes ni undecided

1 Like

Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by Babastrong(m): 5:42pm On Jul 18, 2023
With/1million/i/will/achieve/it. i/stay/in/village/sha.
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by ehissi(m): 5:43pm On Jul 18, 2023
jmoore:
The worker shared a photo of a fine house on Twitter with the caption: "With 5M, I can build this 2 bedroom house for you if you already have a land."

The real question now is type and quality of materials, how them wan take mix cement, what ratio will be used? Is he not going to use iron rod in that house? WHy build a house that can collapse at anytime in the name of saving cost?

But then again, if the bulk of the building will be raised using materials other than cement.......it could be possible. Even the thin roof slab suggest the convention of a typical Nigeria builidng wasnt used here........so we can say it may be possible if the bulk of the housed was framed out of materials other than cement like wooden slabs......
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by Fxwarrior: 5:43pm On Jul 18, 2023
Nazgul:
Lol...that 5m is a bait he's dangling at prospective customers, if you fall for it, you'll spend more cos 5m would not build it.

But 5m would go a very long way which he knows that's why he wants you commit your 5m to him, cos once you've done that, you'll pay whatever amount he asks you to pay for completion.

He will sign agreement before he starts. Failure would lock him up.
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by Maryam1234(f): 5:43pm On Jul 18, 2023
jmoore:

Let him come and experiment on my land Biko.

I will do payment on delivery grin
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by urbanitesRE(m): 5:44pm On Jul 18, 2023
jmoore:

https://www.nairaland.com/7769339/unmatched-affordable-housing-unit-ikorodu
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by emani03(m): 5:44pm On Jul 18, 2023
Dreamer !! 5 million doesn’t have value like before o

jmoore:

How much was cement last year? The difference is not much.

We are talking about 2 bedroom.
Change go remain for the 5 million.
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by Psammmy(m): 5:45pm On Jul 18, 2023
This same house that caused a firestorm on twitter, Na nah e reach here

quote author=jmoore post=124469757]The worker shared a photo of a fine house on Twitter with the caption: "With 5M, I can build this 2 bedroom house for you if you already have a land." [/quote]
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by Manson1(m): 5:46pm On Jul 18, 2023
See our just concluded 3bedroom bungalow construction if you're about starting your building project.. Link in my signature. Plus we offer building designs and construction services nationwide
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by Biola67: 5:47pm On Jul 18, 2023
sholay4star:

Well, I don't know elsewhere but where I reside, 5m will build that house and yes, with my village wood. You'll be surprised if I tell you the amount spent on this project so far including land purchase.
There’s NOTHING you want to tell me about a building that I don’t know.
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by MrDoGood(m): 5:47pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ladiesdream:
my brother if you don't own a house you built from the scratch personally under your supervision to ensure that no one cheats you, you won't understand.

That house the least you can build with minimal finishing is 12m, don't allow anyone to deceive you.

Are you a house owner?

Not just owning a house, are you an engineer?

It's better you don't argue and just learn from them.
How much do you think a block is sold for?

You won't spend up to 700k on blocks. A 2 bedroom can take max 2,200 blocks.

Note, you won't even use all.

1 Like

Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by alamscolo(m): 5:48pm On Jul 18, 2023
It cannot use ogun, like I mean cha to build it with 5m, if e sure for the person make e comē sign MOU make i go loan the money to build am for me, e dey whine?
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by Menclothing: 5:48pm On Jul 18, 2023
Someone close built 3 bedroom for 9m tastefully comfortable

3 Likes

Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by AreaFada2: 5:49pm On Jul 18, 2023
brainhgeek:
I still want to know the purpose that decking is serving?
I tire o. It's not even a car park underneath. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by MrDoGood(m): 5:49pm On Jul 18, 2023
jmoore:

Finally, this thing don land here from Twitter.

People still living with their parents will be talking trash.

He said build and not buy furniture.
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by Sharpsharp00123: 5:52pm On Jul 18, 2023
Sirchiboy:

Uncle I was looking up to you in this forum.
You fall my hand bringing yourself down.
I always see you as a mentor and great adviser.
to every action there’s an equal n opposite reaction

No b everytime we go let everything slide
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by iLoveYouToo(m): 5:52pm On Jul 18, 2023
Una don carry this house reach here undecided
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by abobote: 5:53pm On Jul 18, 2023
Noooo
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by qtx(m): 5:54pm On Jul 18, 2023
jmoore:
The house has cool finishing but looks too fragile o grin
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by dquantum21: 5:54pm On Jul 18, 2023
Looks like a GTB branch

1 Like

Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by JoseB: 5:57pm On Jul 18, 2023
It's possible den..but definitely not now that the prices of building materials has sky rock..
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by Nolevel666: 5:57pm On Jul 18, 2023
jmoore:

How much was cement last year? The difference is not much.

We are talking about 2 bedroom.
Change go remain for the 5 million.

For which place?

Unless inside one forest
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by okoroemeka(m): 5:59pm On Jul 18, 2023
talented321:
Depend on the location, because only building fit reach 7 to 12m, plus furniture that house should 12 to 20m, my opinion sha.
an experienced contractor will build such house with #5m and have #500k change or more,that roofing is the game changer he can use very cheap not fanciful aluminum sheets,the roof cannot cost more than #500k,#12m is too much

1 Like

Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 18, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
oga 5 million will finish that house abeg

Are u a developer?

Na agent wen won chop money dey give u unreasonable price, with 5 million I will do that for myself but if na client wan give me I go talk say e no go reach
A direct labour can build that house with less than 5m.I am currently supervising a 3 bedroom duplex for my brother in the village.I source for direct labour who mould blocks.The next phase is the roofing.2 carpenters i engaged with gave me a quotation of 1m and 800 thousand respectively.Na money i dey wait for my brother to send for work to commence.country hard right now.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Lady Poses In Her Flooded Home In Yaba / DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA / 3 Bedroom Design On A Half Plot By A Female Nairalander. Come Let Rub Minds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.