Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,473 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? (73385 Views)

Can 25 Million Naira Build This? / Can 11 Million Naira Build This Kind House? / Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by Killermamba: 6:00pm On Jul 18, 2023
jmoore:
The worker shared a photo of a fine house on Twitter with the caption: "With 5M, I can build this 2 bedroom house for you if you already have a land."
Na paco him wan take build am?
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by Ladiesdream: 6:02pm On Jul 18, 2023
Fxwarrior:

Are you saying the worker was catching cruise?

Contact him and have him build it. Save us this argument.
I prefer you contact him. He can't give you anything than an uncompleted building with 5m. it's cruise bro, when you own a house you will understand.
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by FuckSilly: 6:02pm On Jul 18, 2023
brainhgeek:
I still want to know the purpose that decking is serving?
Shey na eyes or sense dey pain you?
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by Sharpsharp00123: 6:02pm On Jul 18, 2023
Revolution2022:
A direct labour can build that house with less than 5m.I am currently supervising a 3 bedroom duplex for my brother in the village.I source for direct labour who mould blocks.The next phase is the roofing.2 carpenters i engaged with gave me a quotation of 1m and 800 thousand respectively.Na money i dey wait for my brother to send for work to commence.country hard right now.
many of those people don’t understand

The thing is that if u do it yourself it’s possible but a developer will always tell u it’s not enough so as to see his own cut

3 Likes

Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by MrsTwrite(f): 6:05pm On Jul 18, 2023
I don't like the house.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by Ladiesdream: 6:05pm On Jul 18, 2023
MrDoGood:

Are you a house owner?

Not just owning a house, are you an engineer?

It's better you don't argue and just learn from them.
How much do you think a block is sold for?

You won't spend up to 700k on blocks. A 2 bedroom can take max 2,200 blocks.

Note, you won't even use all.

yes I am a house owner, and I know how much I spent on building. Before I started building I use to reason just like how you are analyzing.

I pray with time God provides money for you to start a house you will remember this post.

1 Like

Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by Smithwilliams826: 6:05pm On Jul 18, 2023
Is it bullet proof? Can it fly?
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by iykepromotions: 6:06pm On Jul 18, 2023
I doubt.
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by JuicyStar: 6:06pm On Jul 18, 2023
Yea na… in fact inside the 5m, u fit buy two cars put inside the garage. E be like say u no dey Nigeria
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by OKORONKWOBRIGHT(m): 6:06pm On Jul 18, 2023
No # 10 to 12 million
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by brainhgeek(m): 6:09pm On Jul 18, 2023
FuckSilly:

Shey na eyes or sense dey pain you?

Maybe you have a hard luck understanding dimensions.
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by danzaki63: 6:09pm On Jul 18, 2023
Yes, you can, only if you use Clay, mud and other local materials, with a mix of little cement.

1 Like

Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by okoroemeka(m): 6:10pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ladiesdream:
5 million will only roof that house. 7 million additional will finish the house to taste. Totalling 12m
don't comment on what you don't know,that roof itype is what makes the building to be cheap because it is angled in such a way you cannot see the roofing material or less standing on a heidht above the house,that means cheap aluminum sheets that are durable but not beautiful looking can be used to roof such house with 50-60% less wood,50 pieces of 2 by 4 and 100 pieces of poleline will roof that house,that is roughly #100k wood,nailand others #50k, aluminum#250k,labour #100k,why will it cost #5m are you using masonia wood to roof it?

1 Like

Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by FuckSilly: 6:10pm On Jul 18, 2023
Maryam1234:

Let him come and experiment on my land Biko.

I will do payment on delivery grin
How much dey your account?
U go fit transfer 5m to a fix bank account then the transfer will be done automatically on completion,
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by Ladiesdream: 6:13pm On Jul 18, 2023
okoroemeka:
don't comment on what you don't know,that roof itype is what makes the building to be cheap because it is angled in such a way you cannot see the roofing material or less standing on a heidht above the house,that means cheap aluminum sheets that are durable but not beautiful looking can be used to roof such house with 50-60% less wood,50 pieces of 2 by 4 and 100 pieces of poleline will roof that house,that is roughly #100k wood,nailand others #50k, aluminum#250k,labour #100k,why will it cost #5m are you using masonia wood to roof it?
5 million is from foundation to roof. Nothing more, that's with management. Check my post I explained it
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by Emma1Oj(m): 6:14pm On Jul 18, 2023
IconicR:
It can't
It can. 4milla self go build am.

1 Like

Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by Counterfeit: 6:15pm On Jul 18, 2023
You're a blatant liar!! Roofing should cost about 1.5 million, to two million naira, depending on the size of the building. 7 - 8 million naira including the fittings, can finish that house.

Ladiesdream:
5 million will only roof that house. 7 million additional will finish the house to taste. Totalling 12m
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by ArahCharles: 6:16pm On Jul 18, 2023
jmoore:
The worker shared a photo of a fine house on Twitter with the caption: "With 5M, I can build this 2 bedroom house for you if you already have a land."
this is useless. Just a liability in disguise. Just for sleep.
We appreciate it if it's a hotel.
But 4m can build it
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by Snakedoctor1: 6:18pm On Jul 18, 2023
jmoore:

But what kind of building plan is that? Why the space below. Besides are the buildings not different ?
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by SALIMAN(m): 6:21pm On Jul 18, 2023
I have been seeing this picture on Twitter .. if it worth building it no ish
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by YorubaPrince: 6:21pm On Jul 18, 2023
Na dis kain situation you go sabi who be Landlord and who be Tenant. grin grin grin

Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by okoroemeka(m): 6:23pm On Jul 18, 2023
emmybobo1:

Do you know that building soak away alone is up to 800k
what nonsense is this,pls if you built your house by proxy and didn't personally supervise it don't scarce other people,a normal soakaway for such sized building will be 4ft wide ,8ft length and 8ft deep,the labour to dig the hole will be roughly #25-35k,200 blocks @#270is#54k,rod#15-20k,plank#20k +#15k labour,,5 bags of cement #25k and 10 bags of gravel,are you burying money inside the soakaway for it to consume #800k ,also note that in some locations the soil is very stable that #7-8k rod will be used to just cover the top,the ground base will not be plastered,just the top slab will need rod and concrete

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jul 18, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
many of those people don’t understand

The thing is that if u do it yourself it’s possible but a developer will always tell u it’s not enough so as to see his own cut
Sorry it is a 3BEDROOM bungallow.Contractors charges triple and at the process they will look for cheap labourers to maximise profit.The beauty is that i dont demand workmanship from him.He send me money to carryout what needs to be done and i look for the professional to do it.If he want to outsmart me i dump him.The villagers have connived against me because i dont allow them to take advantage of me.Frankly,building materials are costly in the village than in the city because the dealers spend more in bringing them from the city.
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by sonnie10: 6:24pm On Jul 18, 2023
noyd911:
Ok. Let's do the calculation,

Elemental valuation (estimate)

Substructure ( foundation) = 800k

Super structure ( building) = 2M

Roof covering = 1.2m

We don clock 4M already, shey na 1M the poster take do finishes ni undecided

That house has about 10 window (with net and burglary) @ 30k each 300k
4 doors external doors @ 50 = 200k
4 internal doors @ 30k is 120k
Electrical (wires, distribution box, socket, switches and Labour) 300k
Plumbing ( sink. Toilet, shower, piping, wash hand basin, mirror ) 200k
Ceiling ( with board and strut) 200k
Tiles (150 square meters) @ 4k per square is 600k
Fix of tiles Labour , sand and cement #150k

Painting (materials and labor) internal and external #200k

Total #2.270M

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jul 18, 2023
emmybobo1:

Do you know that building soak away alone is up to 800k
wetin you won buy put inside.With a direct labour,it wont cost more than 100k

1 Like

Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by Walz001: 6:29pm On Jul 18, 2023
Right now it won't

LET'S not exaggerated

That is decking and we have foundation carrying the 2 bed room

Iron now is 12mm 5500 and 16mm is like 10k for pillars
Block is not 400 9inch and 3506inch we need nothing less than 3000pieces
Sand
Filling sand
Cement
Window alone is casement 50k for one
Then the roofing will go for 1m
Then we have stone to cast and pillar like 40tons
Calc wow it's not enough

1 Like

Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by mercysamuelson(m): 6:30pm On Jul 18, 2023
Even for village, #5m no fit build dis kind house. If you know you know. Na only foundation and blocks up to lintel e go fit do. To build house for Naija no easy again if person no get good job and side hustling. Cement alone na gbese.
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by Walz001: 6:32pm On Jul 18, 2023
okoroemeka:
what nonsense is this,pls if you built your house by proxy and didn't personally supervise it don't scarce other people,a normal soakaway for such sized building will be 4ft wide ,8ft length and 8ft deep,the labour to dig the hole will be roughly #25-35k,200 blocks @#270is#54k,rod#15-20k,plank#20k +#15k labour,,5 bags of cement #25k and 10 bags of gravel,are you burying money inside the soakaway for it to consume #800k
yes he is right if you check well and probably a water lodge area
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by Dejijossy(m): 6:33pm On Jul 18, 2023
I doubt it.
Tilling of a 2 b/r flat not <600k
Roofing with rafter not <2M
Foundation cost
The pillars and decking for the garage with the present cost iron rods, cement and granvite.
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by President2001(m): 6:36pm On Jul 18, 2023
It can never build it
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by khing00600: 6:40pm On Jul 18, 2023
adamma24:

Jmoore... shutup ur mouth....that house is more than 5 million naira to build...cos u dont know how expensive or costly building materials are right now...

If he has a land already, 5 million should be enough to finish it but not to this taste

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA / Lady Poses In Her Flooded Home In Yaba / 3 Bedroom Design On A Half Plot By A Female Nairalander. Come Let Rub Minds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.