Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,849 members, 7,813,884 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:40 PM

Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? (15505 Views)

Gentlemen, It Is Not Polite To Borrow Money From A Lady - Grant Harrold / What Should I Buy For My Potential In-laws / How Do I Break Up With Her In A Polite Manner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by Crystalom35: 3:36pm On Jul 17, 2023
Red flag

1 Like

Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by Segzy19: 3:37pm On Jul 17, 2023
Use your head....

Her anger, disrespect and aggression are red flags.

Avoid her. Otherwise you won't enjoy your marriage. Marriage doesn't change people o...

I don talk my own o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by neutralmind: 3:37pm On Jul 17, 2023
larryking78:

Hello bro, good morning. Hope you are fine.
Let me be of help to you
First of all, you are starting your own family so whatever happened to their family is not really the main business. The main business is the you the new generation you are starting. Focus your energy on your work, liberate yourself from poverty and get it straight. The lady doesn't have problem. Ladies are human, not robots, so they too can be confrontational just as you. As long as life is in any thing, man or animal, action and reaction are equal and opposite.

Do you care for her ? Do you pay her bills ? Do you constitute emotional strain in her brain ? Some of these will make her go crazy if not done. So make up to assist her. That's the first assignment.

Hello, you need to know her family history so you know what to do when issues come up. Why do you think people check family backgrounds before marriage.

What has poverty got to do with this conversation?

A lady who disrespects her husband to be does not have a problem in your own world. CONTINUE

2 Likes

Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by DSC7: 3:39pm On Jul 17, 2023
Nawaooo....

I dey fear single moms,and ladies from broken homes.....

Dem sabi give headache embarassed

@Op... please if your peace of mind is not guaranteed, kindly call off the relationship...Thanks
Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by Omoapena(m): 3:40pm On Jul 17, 2023
Lolz

Man has a different meaning of father in law

It's not necessary to contact your potential father-in-law. Instead, you should focus on evaluating whether you are willing to accept your girlfriend's flaws and work together to resolve any issues in your relationship. If you find that you're unable to do so, it may be best to consider moving on without her.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by Marcus96: 3:40pm On Jul 17, 2023
Fidecoo:

Just on boy friend and girl levels sef she no respect you,
And you still dey prepare for proposing too?
This guy you mumu.
No just only waste time propose ooo,
Go do wedding straight shap shap.
Olodo.

Some of una guys for this forum ,just dey provoke me. Honestly

E dey pain me bro and na why I no dey comment on this kind thing. That guy no well at all. Him see red flags and still dey ask mumu questions

1 Like

Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by phemmyfour: 3:41pm On Jul 17, 2023
Farthing02:
I’m on the verge of proposing marriage to my girlfriend whom have been dating for 2years now, but the issue is the frequent quarrels we do have over everything.

She disrespects me a lot and this sometimes lead physical confrontations .

This is making me contemplate to secretly call her dad to inquire why he’s separated from my girlfriend's mother, because she was raised by her mother alone alongside two other sisters and the man is happily remarried with other grown up kids.

I really would love to inquire why he left her because they are really bitter against him due to the fact that he neglected them according to what the mother once told me.
You're immature. Leave that woman alone, you are not ready for marriage .

There are many orphans and kids raised by single parent doing well in their marriage.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by neutralmind: 3:41pm On Jul 17, 2023
braine:

Abort any marriage mission! Do not marry from a broken home. She has shown you what you will see later. This is a sign from God, bro! No jokes.

Count your loss and move on. Whatever you see now will quadruple in future.

True talk
Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by rayblast(m): 3:42pm On Jul 17, 2023
Mogbe o!!!! Na ur father in-law want dey begin settle una before una even marry una sef? My dear u don't need family most times to settle misunderstanding..Wen it gets too much both parents go begin dey give u ds (abeg no kill my pkin for mi attitude o)
Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by Kreddy: 3:42pm On Jul 17, 2023
How did you plan to ask him on phone?? And you expect him to give you the details??
you can't hear what you want from just one visit, it's to be frequent
Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by okoloto: 3:43pm On Jul 17, 2023
Nothin wey person no go hear for nairaland. Just seat yourself down and ask yourself if you can live with those confrontations for the rest of your life because it is not gonna change instead it will get worst except you are ready to be a vegetable husband for the rest of your life in that marriage. A all yes man so that there won't be problem.

You should be thanking your God that she is not the type that will pretend to get you first before dishing you her characters.
You don't need all these stress bro. Go for someone you are compatible with. Marriage is not all about love because after staying for few years na character you go dey see nobi beauty grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by Jay357: 3:44pm On Jul 17, 2023
Run o

At this stage of your relationship, It should be very rosy and filled with love, it's too early for disrespect, quarrels and physical confrontations,

You're both Young and claim to love each,
Have you tried to imagining how the next 20 years will look like?
When the love has faded, the yansh, boobs and the physical appearances has started depreciating, if you cannot imagine it, let me tell you now, it's going to get worse 10 times over

2 Likes

Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by nairalanda1(m): 3:45pm On Jul 17, 2023
Farthing02:
I’m on the verge of proposing marriage to my girlfriend whom have been dating for 2years now, but the issue is the frequent quarrels we do have over everything.

This is making me contemplate to secretly call her dad to inquire why he’s separated from my girlfriend's mother, because she was raised by her mother alone alongside two other sisters and the man is happily remarried with other grown up kids.

I really would love to inquire why he left her because they are really bitter against him due to the fact that he neglected them according to what the mother once told me.

Why do you want to marry this girl.

You and she are always arguing and fighting.

Break up with her please. Thank you.
Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by Hanndye: 3:45pm On Jul 17, 2023
As boyfriend/ gir friend, one physical confrontation is enough, the rest na see finish.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by messenger4891: 3:45pm On Jul 17, 2023
There are some trait one can not overlooked.
According to you ,you guys are already fighting over everything .
Use your teeth to count your tongue .Meeting her father to enquire won't change the constant disagreement .
Farthing02:

1 Like

Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by Charly68: 3:46pm On Jul 17, 2023
The red flag is clear enough, she can't maintain peace with you if you marry..stop unnecsary investigation...she is unfit to marry you..if you marry her despite the red flag,then be ready for a broken home at the end.. there are women you can't keep under your roof no matter how good you are.. they are toxic and this one you stated is one of them

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by jossytech(m): 3:46pm On Jul 17, 2023
Farthing02:

You men just like trouble, you want to marry this kind of a woman? With all this you're saying. Good luck
Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by Ynix(m): 3:47pm On Jul 17, 2023
Farthing02:

You already saw what you will face in the marriage yet you are still rushing in. What do you want to confirm again. She is from a dysfunctional home and you want to continue. No come dey ask us for advice when start having issues. Wherever there is no peace there can hardly be progresses

1 Like

Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by juman(m): 3:47pm On Jul 17, 2023
but the issue is the frequent quarrels we do have over everything.

You are not compatible.
Let her go.
Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by Patented: 3:47pm On Jul 17, 2023
Farthing02:

Bros you see this thing wey I embolden. Very important in marriage ooooo. If you feel disrespected at this point and the are physical confrontations at this point then there are potential big problems in future. Reason this marriage matter well oooo. It is for the rest of your life and things will likely get worse.

As for secretly speaking to her Dad, like someone said earlier already, pay a personal visit to the man rather than make a phone call.

1 Like

Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by OgbeniOja1: 3:50pm On Jul 17, 2023
She disrespects you alot yet you still one marry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by emkz: 3:52pm On Jul 17, 2023
If a woman cannot respect you, DO NOT MARRY HER.

Many men prefer respect to love. The things a disrespecting wife would do to you would damage you if yoou are not mentally strong.

Let go of a toxic relationship before it ruins you.

I just saw that @patented above echoed my thoughts.

PS: if you think you can change a woman, you are probably naive. She is not yet in a mental position to marry and neither are you. Let her go and convince yourself what you want in a marriage.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jul 17, 2023
Person dey disrespect you , you stil want go propose to am. Oga u get mind oh. Na when she go disrespect you for public in the presence of your papa and mama after mariage na im you go knw wetin you do yoursef.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by President2001(m): 3:55pm On Jul 17, 2023
Don't try that is not by Force she should be the one you marry
Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by Majesty7: 3:56pm On Jul 17, 2023
MaryAye:
How sure are you your supposed father-in-law is happily married. Don't be moved by public show of affections.

Thank you for listing her weaknesses. Now, can you list yours as well or should we consult your fiance to know?

Relax! When you are happily married, the aura, your skin and everything shows and glows. You better change
Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by franchasofficia: 3:58pm On Jul 17, 2023
Fidecoo:

Just on boy friend and girl levels sef she no respect you,
And you still dey prepare for proposing too?
This guy you mumu.
No just only waste time propose ooo,
Go do wedding straight shap shap.
Olodo.

Some of una guys for this forum ,just dey provoke me. Honestly
cheesy grin
Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by abobote: 3:58pm On Jul 17, 2023
You want to marry a girl that disrespects you just after two years .

Go ahead and marry her, then wait till she gives birth, that is when you will see real disrespect

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by Majesty7: 4:02pm On Jul 17, 2023
larryking78:

Hello bro, good morning. Hope you are fine.
Let me be of help to you
First of all, you are starting your own family so whatever happened to their family is not really the main business. The main business is the you the new generation you are starting. Focus your energy on your work, liberate yourself from poverty and get it straight. The lady doesn't have problem. Ladies are human, not robots, so they too can be confrontational just as you. As long as life is in any thing, man or animal, action and reaction are equal and opposite.

Do you care for her ? Do you pay her bills ? Do you constitute emotional strain in her brain ? Some of these will make her go crazy if not done. So make up to assist her. That's the first assignment.

Whole lot of flaws here. Who told you the way she was nurtured doesn't matter? He needs to know the behavior of the person who nurtured her.

Paying bills? So if he doesn't contribute to that, she should show that by being rude? This is not the matter of being a robot or human. This is "character" and it goes a long way.
Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by TeeFriz: 4:03pm On Jul 17, 2023
DON'T MARRY THAT WOMAN. A WOMAN FROM A SINGLE MOTHER IS MOSTLY A RED FLAG. THEY DON'T SEE THE VALUE OF MARRIAGE OR PROPER FAMILY. PLUS SHE IS ALWAYS FIGHTING YOU!!

You see as I write am in uppercases. If you like no hear word.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by hahn(m): 4:03pm On Jul 17, 2023
Farthing02:

Never tolerate disrespect.

It is better you leave her

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by Perfectman91: 4:07pm On Jul 17, 2023
Farthing02:

If she doesn't respect you now that's enough red flag..don't dig your grave
Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by Perfectman91: 4:08pm On Jul 17, 2023
Rokiat:
Why would you want to marry a woman who disrespect you?

Ya all like to married for only love and suffer later.
Smh.

You're good woman for speaking this truth

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reasons For Rejection Of Marriage Proposals / Why Do Men Have To Work Their Socks Off For Women? / "Not All Best Friend Can Actually Be Best Lovers - Relationship Expert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.