Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,537 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? (15547 Views)

Gentlemen, It Is Not Polite To Borrow Money From A Lady - Grant Harrold / What Should I Buy For My Potential In-laws / How Do I Break Up With Her In A Polite Manner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by chiboycue: 7:05pm On Jul 17, 2023
Farthing02:
I’m on the verge of proposing marriage to my girlfriend whom have been dating for 2years now, but the issue is the frequent quarrels we do have over everything.

She disrespects me a lot and this sometimes lead physical confrontations .

This is making me contemplate to secretly call her dad to inquire why he’s separated from my girlfriend's mother, because she was raised by her mother alone alongside two other sisters and the man is happily remarried with other grown up kids.

I really would love to inquire why he left her because they are really bitter against him due to the fact that he neglected them according to what the mother once told me.

It is wise to carry out your investigation after you have done the needful by legally marrying her.

It is wiser to let sleeping dogs lie and focus on building your delicate home after marriage.
Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by Kobicove(m): 7:13pm On Jul 17, 2023
Farthing02:
I’m on the verge of proposing marriage to my girlfriend whom have been dating for 2years now, but the issue is the frequent quarrels we do have over everything.

This is making me contemplate to secretly call her dad to inquire why he’s separated from my girlfriend's mother, because she was raised by her mother alone alongside two other sisters and the man is happily remarried with other grown up kids.

I really would love to inquire why he left her because they are really bitter against him due to the fact that he neglected them according to what the mother once told me.

How long you have dated is irrelevant, you have already started seeing red flags therefore it makes sense for you to end the relationship now

1 Like

Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by Kobicove(m): 7:14pm On Jul 17, 2023
chiboycue:

It is wise to carry out your investigation after you have done the needful by legally marrying her.

It is wiser to let sleeping dogs lie and focus on building your delicate home after marriage.

Build home with someone who has a tendency for violence?

What are you saying sef?
Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by zedegit: 7:15pm On Jul 17, 2023
Mrbenny001:
How will this enquiry change the girl behavior...

It may not change her behavior but he's looking for possible excuse to ditch her. He doesn't want to suffer same fate the man 'suffered'.

Will he even tell him whole truth. Every party tells story that favours them the most.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by eduson002(m): 7:17pm On Jul 17, 2023
Farthing02:

You still want to marry with all this wahala already? You are seriously being manipulated.
Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by Didi2d(m): 7:30pm On Jul 17, 2023
After reading your first sentence 😊, I don't need to read all through.

Bros, call it off now!!!

Disrespect show she doesn't love you, I won't say more. Just call it off now
Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by Didi2d(m): 7:33pm On Jul 17, 2023
marlow1962:
I know why you wn marry her despite the insults and disrespects where she dy heap on you, na because say she get big nyash and succulent breast na em make you no wn leave her, you prefer to die on top her matter than leave and live comfortable life.
I pray say I no go login nairaland one they just to see your agony and pain filled text.

Una go learn the heard way since una no wn they set standards for una self.

😂😂😂😂😂

Funny but true
Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by bukatyne(f): 7:36pm On Jul 17, 2023
Farthing02:

1. You quarrel a lot
2. She disrespect you which sometimes lead to physical confrontation.

Is it that you are a lover of vawlence or your village people are dancing on your matter because I am wondering why you are thinking of proposing instead of:

1. Determining the source of your quarrels/ disagreements and coming to an agreement
2. Determine why she is disrespecting you or if it is your ego playing tricks on you and addressing it
3. Ending the relationship

Abi someone told you that marriage changes people?

1 Like

Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by chiboycue: 7:38pm On Jul 17, 2023
Kobicove:

Build home with someone who has a tendency for violence?

What are you saying sef?

The guy still loves her inspite of her shortcoming. He even sees her father as his future father-in- law meaning he still loves her and wants to settle down with her . The tendency for them to quarrel is there because they are two different human beings with different personalities. What is important is how they quickly resolve their difference and build a life together. That is why I am advising that he channels his energy towards working on her and building his home with her. Love and praying together conquers all.
Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by PrimadonnaO(f): 7:40pm On Jul 17, 2023
Why do you want to marry someone you constantly fight with?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by Aarenasbaba(m): 7:47pm On Jul 17, 2023
coolArindin
Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by DMerciful(m): 7:48pm On Jul 17, 2023
The stick you see cannot blind you. A word is enough for the wise!
Farthing02:

Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by 1stGenAmerican(f): 7:53pm On Jul 17, 2023
Farthing02:

Sir, you admit to having physical confrontations with your girlfriend but feel comfortable enough approaching her father? You say that she disrespects you but haven’t said if you’re disrespecting her or if she has reason to disrespect you—there’s 3 sides to every story. Are you going to tell this man that you’ve put your hands on his daughter? You’re also going to tell this man what you were told about him which is very silly and gossipy. If he neglected his family when your girlfriend was younger then what are you expecting him to do now that she’s an adult?
Why do you even want to propose to somebody that you’re obviously not compatible with? You admitted that your confrontations have crossed the line into fighting so you just need to break up and go your separate ways because these things won’t change after marriage.
Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by Uniquewise: 7:56pm On Jul 17, 2023
larryking78:

Hello bro, good morning. Hope you are fine.
Let me be of help to you
First of all, you are starting your own family so whatever happened to their family is not really the main business. The main business is the you the new generation you are starting. Focus your energy on your work, liberate yourself from poverty and get it straight. The lady doesn't have problem. Ladies are human, not robots, so they too can be confrontational just as you. As long as life is in any thing, man or animal, action and reaction are equal and opposite.

Do you care for her ? Do you pay her bills ? Do you constitute emotional strain in her brain ? Some of these will make her go crazy if not done. So make up to assist her. That's the first assignment.

Will you return to your studies immediately!

Amazing how kids have invaded this space
Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by 1stGenAmerican(f): 8:00pm On Jul 17, 2023
neutralmind:

Hello, you need to know her family history so you know what to do when issues come up. Why do you think people check family backgrounds before marriage.

What has poverty got to do with this conversation?

A lady who disrespects her husband to be does not have a problem in your own world. CONTINUE

Sure he needs to know the family history but what makes you think her father is going to be truthful—who takes the word of a stranger after having one interaction with that person over someone he’s been dating long enough to think about marrying? You don’t believe anything else but you believe that this man you don’t really know is happily married so that means that you’re going to believe anything he says to you.
You trust this man more than you trust your girlfriend—Both of you should move on and date other people.
Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by na2016: 8:14pm On Jul 17, 2023
Farthing02:

Guy don't stress yourself. Don't marry that girl, it will not end well.

1 Like

Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by benqo01(m): 8:24pm On Jul 17, 2023
Farthing02:

KILL THAT INTENTION OF GETTING MARRIED TO HER TRUST ME IT WONT WORK DONT FALL INTO A PIT DO UR SELF A FAVOR AND CALL IT OFF

BE WARNED
Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by jimter44(m): 9:05pm On Jul 17, 2023
Let us clap hands for you! You have not married this lady and you guys are fighting like cat and dog. You be mumu and men supposed lie you down and flog you with 20 strokes of cane. I will advise to forget about this girl

1 Like

Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by Xkale1996(m): 9:19pm On Jul 17, 2023
Farthing02:

Go and meet him don't call him on phone ... Before you carry problem come keep for house
Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by norastan: 10:10pm On Jul 17, 2023
So u feel the father will cast his own daughter my dear blood is not water . What about ur bad sides discuss with her and settle your differences . If u can't cope women are more than men in the world. We muveee
Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by Biola67: 10:38pm On Jul 17, 2023
body go tell you
Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by Ilekokonit: 10:57pm On Jul 17, 2023
Farthing02:
I’m on the verge of proposing marriage to my girlfriend whom have been dating for 2years now, but the issue is the frequent quarrels we do have over EVERYTHING.

You don't know how lucky you are that she is showing you her true colour BEFORE marriage.

You don't need to consult anyone 'cos the handwriting is on the wall - both of you are not compatible.

Marry her at your own risk.
Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by PaulH07: 11:21pm On Jul 17, 2023
Farthing02:

"Run oh" is all I have to say undecided
Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by prophetfire: 12:05am On Jul 18, 2023
Farthing02:

It's like you don't want peace in your life. You are seeing the red flags and you are still asking questions.
Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by deyplay: 12:23am On Jul 18, 2023
Great
Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by Poshioke(m): 12:44am On Jul 18, 2023
No try marry any woman the mother is not with the father, not that the man is death, talking from experience, you pay daring for it and never think while you even marry self.
Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by wisdomkid: 1:18am On Jul 18, 2023
MaryAye:
How sure are you your supposed father-in-law is happily married. Don't be moved by public show of affections.

Thank you for listing her weaknesses. Now, can you list yours as well or should we consult your fiance to know?

Not everything is a gender fight. This is the issue one have with feminists. There's what we call incompatibility in a relationship. He clearly said he wants to marry her after these negative sides he mentioned, which means he is seeing something good in her and don't want a future where they will have issues.

Why must everything downplay to gender roles? Consult his fiance? Is the fiance even ready to marry him? I tire oh
Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by verygoodbadboi: 6:47am On Jul 18, 2023
As a married man myself, na after you marry you go realize say respect is more important than love

1 Like

Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by Otunski: 7:28am On Jul 18, 2023
Guy use your head. You are seeing the red flag yet you still want to go ahead and marry her. Run bro, run .
Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by Amumaigwe: 8:53am On Jul 18, 2023
larryking78:

Hello bro, good morning. Hope you are fine.
Let me be of help to you
First of all, you are starting your own family so whatever happened to their family is not really the main business. The main business is the you the new generation you are starting. Focus your energy on your work, liberate yourself from poverty and get it straight. The lady doesn't have problem. Ladies are human, not robots, so they too can be confrontational just as you. As long as life is in any thing, man or animal, action and reaction are equal and opposite.

Do you care for her ? Do you pay her bills ? Do you constitute emotional strain in her brain ? Some of these will make her go crazy if not done. So make up to assist her. That's the first assignment.

Culled directly from Mills and Boom romance book series.
Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by Coolgent(m): 9:11am On Jul 18, 2023
Farthing02:

Oga leave that Girl alone
Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by larryking78(m): 10:14am On Jul 18, 2023
Amumaigwe:

Culled directly from Mills and Boom romance book series.
Sorry, I typed from my head. you can screenshot the culled directly whatever it is from the book for everyone to see. I don't need to read a book before I advice anyone. I am an adult.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Do I Have A Reason To Be Concerned/ Paranoid? Boyfriend In S. Africa For 2 Weeks / This is Huge...SARS Should Arrest This Man for Drawing This — To Be Deleted Soon / ok

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.