Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,073 members, 7,821,698 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? (15528 Views)

Gentlemen, It Is Not Polite To Borrow Money From A Lady - Grant Harrold / What Should I Buy For My Potential In-laws / How Do I Break Up With Her In A Polite Manner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by SAMUEL1947: 4:10pm On Jul 17, 2023
U can easily quit....why will u call ur father in-law to ask for such?

Don't take stupid advice here

Farthing02:
I’m on the verge of proposing marriage to my girlfriend whom have been dating for 2years now, but the issue is the frequent quarrels we do have over everything.

She disrespects me a lot and this sometimes lead physical confrontations .

This is making me contemplate to secretly call her dad to inquire why he’s separated from my girlfriend's mother, because she was raised by her mother alone alongside two other sisters and the man is happily remarried with other grown up kids.

I really would love to inquire why he left her because they are really bitter against him due to the fact that he neglected them according to what the mother once told me.

1 Like

Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by HEBEI: 4:12pm On Jul 17, 2023
Some people are funny shocked

Your girlfriend disrespect you a lot h
She was brought up by a single mom
They are not happy with her father ....
And

You still want to propose marriage to her

Sorry in advance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by socialmediaman: 4:13pm On Jul 17, 2023
Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by abimic(m): 4:18pm On Jul 17, 2023
Well, placing a call to your supposed father in-law and stating/asking this looks disrespectful.

Well, the information is needless as it's wrong using the life of her parents to judge her.

Weigh your options base on what is obtainable in your relationship. Have at the back of your mind that no one's perfect.

When you feel disrespected, have you guys talked about it, did you tell her you feel hurt and see if she makes amends.

Don't push beyond your sanity can comprehend, anything too hard for your peace of mind, let it go.
Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by Dshocker(m): 4:32pm On Jul 17, 2023
Farthing02:
I’m on the verge of proposing marriage to my girlfriend whom have been dating for 2years now, but the issue is the frequent quarrels we do have over everything.

This is making me contemplate to secretly call her dad to inquire why he’s separated from my girlfriend's mother, because she was raised by her mother alone alongside two other sisters and the man is happily remarried with other grown up kids.

I really would love to inquire why he left her because they are really bitter against him due to the fact that he neglected them according to what the mother once told me.

What do you expect him to tell you, the truth? grin

Oga he will speak in favour of his daughter.

Guy marrying a girl that disrespect you in a relationship, will show you shege in marriage

My hand no dey for anything, single parents by divorce, because e go affect the children character, and na one of them she dey show you so.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by HaneefahRN(f): 4:45pm On Jul 17, 2023
Farthing02:

And what will you do with that info? If you are always quarrelling to the extent of physical altercations then why are you still together?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by chris51(f): 4:48pm On Jul 17, 2023
Farthing02:

Why should this be your business? It's a sensitive and private matter and does not concern you.
Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by chris51(f): 4:48pm On Jul 17, 2023
chris51:

Why should this be your business? It's a sensitive and private matter and does not concern you.
Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by FUTURE20(m): 4:55pm On Jul 17, 2023
The only call you should be making now is calling off the marriage proposal and killing the thought of it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 17, 2023
Go ahead bro. You will definitely hear the truth of matter from the man and he will be convinced that you really loves the lady. The way women brainwash children is so surprising.

Farthing02:

Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by gregng(m): 5:03pm On Jul 17, 2023
The highest request a man needs in relationship/marriage is respect... If u can't get it from ur woman in r/ship walk away... 1000yards....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by Smithwilliams826: 5:05pm On Jul 17, 2023
Farthing02:

If you are a guy, yes.
If you are a girl, visit him secretly.
Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by YouAreNobody: 5:19pm On Jul 17, 2023
larryking78:

Hello bro, good morning. Hope you are fine.
Let me be of help to you
First of all, you are starting your own family so whatever happened to their family is not really the main business. The main business is the you the new generation you are starting. Focus your energy on your work, liberate yourself from poverty and get it straight. The lady doesn't have problem. Ladies are human, not robots, so they too can be confrontational just as you. As long as life is in any thing, man or animal, action and reaction are equal and opposite.

Do you care for her ? Do you pay her bills ? Do you constitute emotional strain in her brain ? Some of these will make her go crazy if not done. So make up to assist her. That's the first assignment.

rubbish talk
Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by YouAreNobody: 5:20pm On Jul 17, 2023
larryking78:
If you are responsible in your first assignment, bery good, next is does she reciprocate your responsibility with submission occasionally ? If yes, then give in to her. Love her and make it your priorities.

Secondly you need to realise that pain is defined as when someone leave their responsibility undone, the other people who are affected will nurse the grief for years. That pain is what they have towards the Father, he left them alone. But you cannot know the truth from both parties because then cause of the incidents may not be let out of the bag. So breath your breathing and pray to God to help you make the right decision. Give the lady a chance if you left her you might regret it that's a possibility though. So sit down, take your time and do the calculation
More rubbish talk
Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by betshopagent(m): 5:24pm On Jul 17, 2023
Farthing02:

Planning to propose marriage to a disrespectful girl? Are you mad? Don't bother answering. You are indeed mad and you have nobody to tell you. embarassed

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by YouAreNobody: 5:24pm On Jul 17, 2023
neutralmind:

This advice get k leg o
That guy might be in a terrible marriage and so wants the OP to join him in his misery

1 Like

Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by frozen70(f): 5:26pm On Jul 17, 2023
Farthing02:

I think you should mind your business by not asking any questions relating to that so that you will not create problems for them because you will leak your conversations to your girlfriend and if tomorrow you guys don't fet along
She will blame her dad for spoiling her marriage plans

Besides all you want the man to tell you is already what you may have known or have been seeing

The real issue is
If you want to marry that girl and be ready to tolerate her, then go ahead

If you don't want her and can't stand her attitude, let her go on time

Dont keep her for nothing then later you walk out of the relationship
you may not find it easy after all

2 Likes

Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by EZENDIZUOGU(m): 5:29pm On Jul 17, 2023
she is not your wife the signs are there for you to see

1 Like

Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by Sleekfingers: 5:34pm On Jul 17, 2023
Red flags everywhere, and you still want to continue.
Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by bikefab(m): 5:37pm On Jul 17, 2023
If you're not comfortable with the girl you're dating, best break up with her and move on with your life. There are lots of good women out there. Needless calling her father
Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by Fatbam005: 5:40pm On Jul 17, 2023
larryking78:

Hello bro, good morning. Hope you are fine.
Let me be of help to you
First of all, you are starting your own family so whatever happened to their family is not really the main business. The main business is the you the new generation you are starting. Focus your energy on your work, liberate yourself from poverty and get it straight. The lady doesn't have problem. Ladies are human, not robots, so they too can be confrontational just as you. As long as life is in any thing, man or animal, action and reaction are equal and opposite.

Do you care for her ? Do you pay her bills ? Do you constitute emotional strain in her brain ? Some of these will make her go crazy if not done. So make up to assist her. That's the first assignment.

LOL. You don't understand family cycle. Like mother like daughter.
Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by NewDea4: 5:43pm On Jul 17, 2023
Farthing02:

Don't bother to call him, dude!

Break up with her and find another partner; otherwise you're going to give birth to another man-hating woman brought up by a single-mother.
Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by MrCuteking(m): 5:50pm On Jul 17, 2023
Farthing02:

If both her name and surname starts from O, that means I know the babe. If she’s the one, I wish you well with a sorry face.
Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by MrCuteking(m): 5:55pm On Jul 17, 2023
If I may ask. What is love when there is no respect?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by DIntegrity: 5:59pm On Jul 17, 2023
Oga, you said she disrespects you alot and you want to get married?

I don't understand you o
Is she not supposed to show outsiders how her man ought to be respected

It's your call..do what you like

One more thing
Calling her father to ask such questions is inconsequential within this context..find another reason.
Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by carlos1(m): 6:07pm On Jul 17, 2023
u still have the opportunity to run far away from her now that u havent married her but here u r asking us if its right to call ur galfriends dad. chai. men and pvssyyyyyyyyyy. tufiakwa

1 Like

Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by kumbhuru: 6:26pm On Jul 17, 2023
Farthing02:

This is making me contemplate to secretly call her dad to inquire why he’s separated from my girlfriend's mother, because she was raised by her mother alone alongsidefs two other sisters and the man is happily remarried with other grown up kids.

Never marry a woman raised by a single mother. You will suffer

1 Like

Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by themanderon: 6:28pm On Jul 17, 2023
Farthing02:

You better run as the relationship is bound to fail. She will soon transfer the hatred she has for her father to you. Her mother has already poisoned her heart against their father and you will soon be cought up in the same mess that her father probably ran away from. Be careful.
At times marrying children raised by single parents especially parents that had a bitter separation is a double edged sword. Most times it doesn't end well.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by Slurity(m): 6:35pm On Jul 17, 2023
Farthing02:

I don't know about other tribe, but don't try that nonsense if the man iis from Yoruba race. Judging from what you said here, you are yet to meet your wife. Your wife to be disrespect you and you still want to marry her, you are dead already.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by Ndipe(m): 6:35pm On Jul 17, 2023
You are in a toxic relationship. If during your courtship, both of you are quarreling and fighting, what will then happen when both of you get married? For the sake of your well-being, don't even contemplate proposing to her, instead, call off the relationship for good.
Re: Is It Polite To Secretly Call My Potential Father-In -Law? by zedegit: 6:39pm On Jul 17, 2023
Reminderz:
you saw a potential big waving red flag and you're still talking about love and marriage?

I love men like you..., it shows you see beyond the dangers... you'll go far in life boss man... cool

Far in life. Seriously? Na high BP fit kpai am o.

Danger signals everywhere.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Would A Woman Wants To Fight Over A Man? / ok / This Sexy Lady's Bow Legs Are The Hottest You Have Ever Seen?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.