Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,933 members, 7,835,113 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

'$50m Power Plant In Lagos’ll Drive Economic Growth’ - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / '$50m Power Plant In Lagos’ll Drive Economic Growth’ (20020 Views)

Chinese Company Will Build $50m Daura Varsity For Free-Amaechi / Ambode Performs Pre-launch Of $50m Factory In Lekki Free Zone / Timi Frank Reveals 'How Oshiomhole Collected $50m From APC Aspirants' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: '$50m Power Plant In Lagos’ll Drive Economic Growth’ by NOwazobia: 8:09pm On Jul 17, 2023
When people try to chest beat about how their state economy will be improve as a result of a propose project, you will think that it will affect their standard of living and benefit the life of the people living there.

But no! It is only on paper and the rest goes to politicians pocket.

It is only in Nigeria that I have seen economic development doesn't affect the lives of the people who are the life of the economy.

This country is two big for one dead and his cronies to rule.
Re: '$50m Power Plant In Lagos’ll Drive Economic Growth’ by lexy2014: 8:11pm On Jul 17, 2023
FacilitatorLekk:

Hater spotted, go hide in your cave.

Lekki port in Lagos will drive economic growth.

Blue rail will drive economic growth.

Now this power plant will drive economic...

How many drivers does Lagos have? Up till now, why haven't they been unable to drive this economic growth?
Re: '$50m Power Plant In Lagos’ll Drive Economic Growth’ by lexy2014: 8:15pm On Jul 17, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
I saw this coming wink

It makes no sense for power generation plants to be far away and gencos now need to spend billions to ship it to Lagos then transfer the cost to consumers when you can have the generation plants near to the discos and consumers without such costs.
Expect more of this huge investment in all the value chains and consumers can now have multiple options of service providers like GSM. The Gencos are up for serious competition and maybe outcompeted.

Transmission Company of Nigeria ( TCN) may be the biggest loser.

In all, once again, this is the best time to invest in Yorubaland.
God bless Nigeria for ever!

Is this your blue rail working?

With all the fan fare, why isn't it working?

Since "this is the best time to invest in Yorubaland", how much have you personally invested in Lagos (Yorubaland) yourself?
Re: '$50m Power Plant In Lagos’ll Drive Economic Growth’ by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jul 17, 2023
lexy2014:

How many drivers does Lagos have? Up till now, why haven't they been unable to drive this economic growth?
That's why they say you people have a genetic disorder, must you hate?

Children of perdition.

6 Likes

Re: '$50m Power Plant In Lagos’ll Drive Economic Growth’ by lexy2014: 8:18pm On Jul 17, 2023
FacilitatorLekk:

That's why they say you people have a genetic disorder, must you hate?

Children of perdition.

Re: '$50m Power Plant In Lagos’ll Drive Economic Growth’ by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jul 17, 2023
lexy2014:

The symptoms of hate is showcasing all over your region, still una keep up. Dumb headed, hate filled bigots.

6 Likes

Re: '$50m Power Plant In Lagos’ll Drive Economic Growth’ by Gajagojo: 8:20pm On Jul 17, 2023
lexy2014:

A state occupying less than 1% of Nigeria's land mass. Has a higher GDP THAN
Rivers,
Akwa Ibom
Delta
,Imo,
Anambra
and Abia combined

GDP includes TOTAL OIL PRODUCTION OF NIGERIA

Yes you heard right
Lagos GDP exceeds
TOTAL OIL PRODUCTION OF NIGERIA
If it was driving growth nko?
Another envious Emeka

6 Likes

Re: '$50m Power Plant In Lagos’ll Drive Economic Growth’ by Kusu12: 8:22pm On Jul 17, 2023
All these Igbos-obidots are easily irritated by any goodnews concerning Lagos. But failed to be concerned about alaigbo underdeveloped.

4 Likes

Re: '$50m Power Plant In Lagos’ll Drive Economic Growth’ by deji17: 8:23pm On Jul 17, 2023
mrvitalis:
30MW power plant for 50 million dollars

Make una dey lie una hear

How much did winners build there 15mw power plant with

Where is Nigerian society of engineers when lies like this are flying around

There is really a gas pipeline to Lagos so what's the excuse... 20 million dollars can deliver this project

How come it's only people that don't have money that have ideas on how much things should cost, what to spend money on, etc? If you have 20 million dollars to invest , why not invest it and make all the extra profits?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: '$50m Power Plant In Lagos’ll Drive Economic Growth’ by Gajagojo: 8:24pm On Jul 17, 2023
Kusu12:
All these Igbos-obidots are easily irritated by any goodness concerning Lagos. But failed to be concerned about alaigbo underdeveloped.

very bitter folk

3 Likes

Re: '$50m Power Plant In Lagos’ll Drive Economic Growth’ by Gajagojo: 8:26pm On Jul 17, 2023
How much is a plot of land in Victoria Island?

How many plots will this project require?
A football field is about 8 plots

1 Like 1 Share

Re: '$50m Power Plant In Lagos’ll Drive Economic Growth’ by hakeemhakeem(m): 8:31pm On Jul 17, 2023
mrvitalis:
30MW power plant for 50 million dollars

Make una dey lie una hear

How much did winners build there 15mw power plant with

Where is Nigerian society of engineers when lies like this are flying around

There is really a gas pipeline to Lagos so what's the excuse... 20 million dollars can deliver this project

But didn't you consider the one for winner and Lagos as whole there likely to be sub station across the state.other expenses like land accusations, equipment differences and compensation if need be

2 Likes

Re: '$50m Power Plant In Lagos’ll Drive Economic Growth’ by mrvitalis(m): 8:33pm On Jul 17, 2023
hakeemhakeem:

But didn't you consider the one for winner and Lagos as whole there likely to be sub station across the state.other expenses like land accusations, equipment differences and compensation if need be
There is already an existing distribution channel with substations
Re: '$50m Power Plant In Lagos’ll Drive Economic Growth’ by omohayek: 8:34pm On Jul 17, 2023
jmoore:
6.4 billion dollars = 14,400 megawatts in Egypt.

13 Million dollars should give 30
megawatts.

But in Nigeria, they are using 50 million dollars to give 30 megawatts.
And what exactly does it matter how much a private energy vendor spends on its privately owned plants? You and that "Mr Vitalis" buffoon never cease to amaze with your lethal combination of total ignorance with political jaundice.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: '$50m Power Plant In Lagos’ll Drive Economic Growth’ by Shimran(m): 8:34pm On Jul 17, 2023
jmoore:
6.4 billion dollars = 14,400 megawatts in Egypt.

13 Million dollars should give 30
megawatts.

But in Nigeria, they are using 50 million dollars to give 30 megawatts.

Some times ago, I also thought of this same analogy. I later come to realize that, for e.g, Egypt and Nigeria are two different locations geographically. Availabilities of Construction materials and machineries matters. Also, availability of professional bodies to carry out the construction also matter; hence the differences in the costs.

Just my opinion 😉

1 Like 1 Share

Re: '$50m Power Plant In Lagos’ll Drive Economic Growth’ by chickenjefp: 8:35pm On Jul 17, 2023
Solebo also said the project has two phases: a distribution aspect that involves more than five dedicated feeder networks which allow power to be taken directly to the customers and the building of the Independent Power Plant (IPP) itself.[b][/b] i

2 Likes

Re: '$50m Power Plant In Lagos’ll Drive Economic Growth’ by Gajagojo: 8:46pm On Jul 17, 2023
Victoria Island is not a virgin land
Just securing land,and meeting the safety and planning regulations will cost millions of dollars BEFORE you break ground and start construction.
They may have to buy and demolish existing buildings and put in place safety installations because VI was not designed for power plants in its planning code

Crucially it is their money and. they can spend it now they like

There is nothing to say that the existing provider has to stop business
They will not be selling to everyone and it is not compulsory to buy from them so why the hate from IPOB?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: '$50m Power Plant In Lagos’ll Drive Economic Growth’ by lexy2014: 8:48pm On Jul 17, 2023
Gajagojo:

A state occupying less than 1% of Nigeria's land mass. Has a higher GDP THAN
Rivers,
Akwa Ibom
Delta
,Imo,
Anambra
and Abia combined

GDP includes TOTAL OIL PRODUCTION OF NIGERIA

Yes you heard right
Lagos GDP exceeds
TOTAL OIL PRODUCTION OF NIGERIA
If it was driving growth nko?
Another envious Emeka

Offpoint. That isn't what I asked.

Re: '$50m Power Plant In Lagos’ll Drive Economic Growth’ by lexy2014: 8:49pm On Jul 17, 2023
FacilitatorLekk:

The symptoms of hate is showcasing all over your region, still una keep up. Dumb headed, hate filled bigots.

That still leaves my questions unanswered.

Where is my region?

Where is d hate you referring?
Re: '$50m Power Plant In Lagos’ll Drive Economic Growth’ by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jul 17, 2023
lexy2014:

Where is my region?

Go and ask your chief hater Obi, then after that ask Charly boy.

1 Like

Re: '$50m Power Plant In Lagos’ll Drive Economic Growth’ by mamaafrik(m): 8:51pm On Jul 17, 2023
Afrogist247:
Hmn. Interesting.

Guys get your Gas Carburetor 2.0-3.6kva at 18k and 3.8-12kva at 28k from me.. Opportunity for resellers ready to buy 10-50pieces available. Whatsapp me on Zero Eight one four nine eight zero zero six four five.
Your location??
Re: '$50m Power Plant In Lagos’ll Drive Economic Growth’ by lexy2014: 8:55pm On Jul 17, 2023
Gajagojo:

Lagos economy is growing. It is now over $100 billion
That is double what it was 10 years ago
Can you tell us how many countries in the world have achieved that?
your premise that they have been unable to drive growth is untrue

When an unintelligent person asks spiteful questions he will never be satisfied

Offpoint. That isn't what I asked.

Re: '$50m Power Plant In Lagos’ll Drive Economic Growth’ by lexy2014: 8:57pm On Jul 17, 2023
FacilitatorLekk:

Go and ask your chief hater Obi, then after that ask Charly boy.

Where is my region?

Can you show me the discussion we had were I told u that obi is my "chief hater"?

Which obi are you referring to?
Re: '$50m Power Plant In Lagos’ll Drive Economic Growth’ by lexy2014: 8:58pm On Jul 17, 2023
Gajagojo:

Lagos economy is growing. It is now over $100 billion
That is double what it was 10 years ago
Can you tell us how many countries in the world have achieved that?
your premise that they have been unable to drive growth is untrue

That still leaves my question unanswered.

Re: '$50m Power Plant In Lagos’ll Drive Economic Growth’ by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 17, 2023
lexy2014:

Where is my region?

Can you show me the discussion we had were I told u that obi is my "chief hater"?

Or you ask that woman with chimpanzee face grin

2 Likes

Re: '$50m Power Plant In Lagos’ll Drive Economic Growth’ by erico2k2(m): 9:01pm On Jul 17, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
I saw this coming wink

It makes no sense for power generation plants to be far away and gencos now need to spend billions to ship it to Lagos then transfer the cost to consumers when you can have the generation plants near to the discos and consumers without such costs.
Expect more of this huge investment in all the value chains and consumers can now have multiple options of service providers like GSM. The Gencos are up for serious competition and maybe outcompeted.

Transmission Company of Nigeria ( TCN) may be the biggest loser.

In all, once again, this is the best time to invest in Yorubaland.
God bless Nigeria for ever!
You seem to forget , They can join national grid from anywhere in the country and if you think otherwise, those states with two power plants or more might put thier feet down ie Delta state??/
Re: '$50m Power Plant In Lagos’ll Drive Economic Growth’ by lexy2014: 9:02pm On Jul 17, 2023
FacilitatorLekk:

Or you ask that woman with chimpanzee face grin

Where is my region?

Re: '$50m Power Plant In Lagos’ll Drive Economic Growth’ by FreeStuffsNG: 9:06pm On Jul 17, 2023
erico2k2:

You seem to forget , They can join national grid from anywhere in the country and if you think otherwise, those states with two power plants or more might put thier feet down ie Delta state??/
If you generate electricity and can't get the SW states consumer market, you are playing with debts that may make you fold up wink

The largest power generation plant is in Lagos, Egbin. This is a direct competition against them yet Egbin is just few kilometres away in Ikorodu. Those in wherever do not have chances niyen. Consumers want the cheapest, if you bring electricity from afar, it adds to the cost. Lagos, Ogun, Oyo are the biggest consumers.

It makes no business sense for the consumers in VI or Ikeja to pay for cost of shipping electricity from Ikorodu let alone faraway wherever outside Lagos. This was why Asiwaju then as Governor in 2000 protested against the needless wastage!
Re: '$50m Power Plant In Lagos’ll Drive Economic Growth’ by georgeakins: 9:11pm On Jul 17, 2023
mrvitalis:

What exactly is expensive in a gas turn?

Burner, compressor or turbine or the amateur?

Lmao turbine is just opposite of a fan... I studied mechanical engineering

There is nothing in gas turbine that can't be made in Aba... We no just serious for this country

There is no how this project would be more than 20 million dollars

U can even buy 30mw turn on a truck

...And your region is still the most underdeveloped in Nigeria.
Why do you like fooling yourselves in that cursed region?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Police List 15 Major Electoral Offences Voters Must Avoid / Retired Generals Warn Military To Stay Out Of Politics / Jonathan's Son-In-law, Godswill Edward, With Alimodu-Sheriff (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.