Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

'$50m Power Plant In Lagos’ll Drive Economic Growth’ - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / '$50m Power Plant In Lagos’ll Drive Economic Growth’ (20019 Views)

Chinese Company Will Build $50m Daura Varsity For Free-Amaechi / Ambode Performs Pre-launch Of $50m Factory In Lekki Free Zone / Timi Frank Reveals 'How Oshiomhole Collected $50m From APC Aspirants' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: '$50m Power Plant In Lagos’ll Drive Economic Growth’ by mrvitalis(m): 8:29am On Jul 18, 2023
Allisgud:
if the stable power has started working u will only pay for what u use if u have prepaid metre.shikena
Smh

Ask yourself how dangote has been able to pay almost all the loan he took to built the refinery because even finishing it

In fact no worry oga
Re: '$50m Power Plant In Lagos’ll Drive Economic Growth’ by plaindealer: 8:40am On Jul 18, 2023
Nnannapat:
I don't really need to argue with you, the article clearly stated the funding partners, and yes my money is connected to the project because FBN is involved and I hold some fractions of their shares, Bank of industry is also partly owned by me.

I don't need to be connected directly to the project or have a plan to build my own power project before I can be qualified to ask questions where necessary, it is my right to do so, since our national institutions is involved in the project.

Your money is not connected anywhere regardless of how many times you repeat that insane claim, it's a private project and it's privately funded.

The project is not even off the ground, but hateful, negative, and bitter and evil-minded people like you are already talking about AMCON and the project failing, AMCON is for failed businesses so why is it that the only thing on your mind is the project failing and subjected to AMCO?

Do you hateful and bitter people not have any positive bone in your body or everything about your life and existence is about failure, doom and gloom?

First, it was the cost is too high when in fact you don't know the current price of turbin or even transformer, the length and the specification of a transmission cable and the construction cost, but want to ignorantly assert wht is too high?

Some of you are either trolls or just eternally too bitter and disgruntled for any sane and progressive society.

2 Likes

Re: '$50m Power Plant In Lagos’ll Drive Economic Growth’ by plaindealer: 8:49am On Jul 18, 2023
Nnannapat:
I don't really need to argue with you, the article clearly stated the funding partners, and yes my money is connected to the project because FBN is involved and I hold some fractions of their shares, Bank of industry is also partly owned by me.

I don't need to be connected directly to the project or have a plan to build my own power project before I can be qualified to ask questions where necessary, it is my right to do so, since our national institutions is involved in the project.

Nnannapat:
I am Igbo and we surely know what we want.

It never fails, bitter, hateful, negative, and backward-thinking people cannot achieve meaningful things in life because they are too consumed with negative thoughts instead of good and positive thoughts and mentality.

As they say, If doom and gloom you see all your life, then doom and gloom is what you become.
Re: '$50m Power Plant In Lagos’ll Drive Economic Growth’ by Gajagojo: 9:16am On Jul 18, 2023
RenaissanceGuy:
Didn't you see this: ❝the Debt Providers: FBN Quest, Bank of Industry (BOI), Infra Credit❞ ??
So what?
Re: '$50m Power Plant In Lagos’ll Drive Economic Growth’ by BABYBULLETIN: 9:24am On Jul 18, 2023
Gajagojo:

STOP talking like an illiterate OMATA

Who is borrowing here is the question?
That guy,took his time to explain things u seem not to understand..yet u call him an illiterate..Those who have have nothing to offer,or say would rather insult...It not an illiterate,u have nothing in ur brain,You just a sick man dieing in pain..you are more of a clown than literate.

1 Like

Re: '$50m Power Plant In Lagos’ll Drive Economic Growth’ by RenaissanceGuy: 9:53am On Jul 18, 2023
Gajagojo:

So what?
Then why still asking where the loan is coming from, as if the post said the builders would use their personal fund to construct the power plant??
Re: '$50m Power Plant In Lagos’ll Drive Economic Growth’ by lexy2014: 10:41am On Jul 18, 2023
Gajagojo:

Lagos economy is growing. It is now over $100 billion
That is double what it was 10 years ago
Can you tell us how many countries in the world have achieved that?
your premise that they have been unable to drive growth is untrue.

Lekki port in Lagos will drive economic growth.

Blue rail will drive economic growth.

Now this power plant will drive economic...

1. How many drivers does Lagos have?

2. Up till now, why haven't they been unable to drive this economic growth?
Re: '$50m Power Plant In Lagos’ll Drive Economic Growth’ by Gajagojo: 10:41am On Jul 18, 2023
RenaissanceGuy:
Then why still asking where the loan is coming from, as if the post said the builders would use their personal fund to construct the power plant??

Are you Outstandingmam:?
Is this your other moniker?

If not do not jump in to the middle to start asking silly questions If you do not understand the context

I never asked where the loan is coming from
I asked who is borrowing
They are different things
Re: '$50m Power Plant In Lagos’ll Drive Economic Growth’ by nedekid: 11:24am On Jul 18, 2023
Gajagojo:

It is better to keep quiet if u do not understand what is being talked about?

The question was Who is borrowing

You are talking about AMCON

What is the connection

I do not ha e patience with ignorant folk want to pretend they know anything

Who is borrowing here and how much?

Do you have that information? If not shut up
Have you finally "released" from your ranting like a rabid canine?
Re: '$50m Power Plant In Lagos’ll Drive Economic Growth’ by lexy2014: 11:32am On Jul 18, 2023
Gajagojo:

your premise that they have been unable to drive growth is untrue

Re: '$50m Power Plant In Lagos’ll Drive Economic Growth’ by budaatum: 11:34am On Jul 18, 2023
plaindealer:

To start with, your post was a rant simply because it is common sense that if you must opine that the cost is high, then you must have a detailed explanation and deep knowledge to share with us from your own experience in the power industry from the cost of labor, pre-project infrastructures, cost of fees and permits, cost of equipment, cost of importation and transportation of equipment, power management cost, cable and transmission cost, cost of power transformers, billing and power management cost and so on, once you are able to show us your own detail facts, then compare against this project for us to see.

See, all you people do is just run your mouth, you know nothing about anything, I cannot go to your house and say your house cost too much to build when in fact I know nothing about your house or the kind of material you used, your personal specifications whatever personal detail that the onlooker from outside cannot see.

Thanks for plain dealing with those who know not that they know not.

"Deep knowledge and own experience in the power industry" will likely gulp a quatre of the investment to date, since hiring such people ain't cheap.

#muddyeyes
Re: '$50m Power Plant In Lagos’ll Drive Economic Growth’ by RenaissanceGuy: 12:25pm On Jul 18, 2023
Gajagojo:

Are you Outstandingmam:?
Is this your other moniker?

If not do not jump in to the middle to start asking silly questions If you do not understand the context

I never asked where the loan is coming from
I asked who is borrowing
They are different things
It's a public forum, where everyone is entitled to comment on another person's comment. You were sounding like you'd boxed them into a corner and I simply provided an evidence to counter your comment.
Re: '$50m Power Plant In Lagos’ll Drive Economic Growth’ by Gajagojo: 12:30pm On Jul 18, 2023
RenaissanceGuy:
It's a public forum, where everyone is entitled to comment on another person's comment. You were sounding like you'd boxed them into a corner and I simply provided an evidence to counter your comment.
I asked a question it was not a comment

If you cannot answer or comprehend
Find something productive to do
Re: '$50m Power Plant In Lagos’ll Drive Economic Growth’ by lexy2014: 12:35pm On Jul 18, 2023
Gajagojo:

2. Up till now, y haven't they been unable to drive this economic growth?
Re: '$50m Power Plant In Lagos’ll Drive Economic Growth’ by lexy2014: 12:45pm On Jul 18, 2023
Gajagojo:

Now this power plant will drive economic growth...

Re: '$50m Power Plant In Lagos’ll Drive Economic Growth’ by lexy2014: 12:51pm On Jul 18, 2023
Gajagojo:

"Lekki port in Lagos will drive economic growth."

"Blue rail will drive economic growth".

How many drivers does Lagos have?

Up till now, why haven't they been unable to drive this economic growth?
Re: '$50m Power Plant In Lagos’ll Drive Economic Growth’ by lexy2014: 1:00pm On Jul 18, 2023
Gajagojo:

Re: '$50m Power Plant In Lagos’ll Drive Economic Growth’ by Extremekofoshi: 1:00pm On Jul 18, 2023
Gajagojo:

If they lie how is it your problem?
They are a private company

The market is now liberalized

Go and build yours for 5 million dollars

The best reply ever.
Re: '$50m Power Plant In Lagos’ll Drive Economic Growth’ by lexy2014: 1:00pm On Jul 18, 2023
Gajagojo:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Wike Defends Obaseki’s ₦60 Billion Printing Claim / Direct Primary: Governors Angry Over Uncertainty To Produce Successors / Police List 15 Major Electoral Offences Voters Must Avoid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.