Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,310 members, 7,829,737 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? (29351 Views)

Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than Educated Ones / My Marriage Of 10 Months Is Gradually Crashing / My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by starstaz(m): 6:33am On Sep 02, 2023
IconicR:
GM
How are you

Fine, Like a Sweet Wine 🍷

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by qtguru(m): 1:52pm On Sep 02, 2023
Me I hate fight. I'm always tired.
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by OboOlora(f): 1:52pm On Sep 02, 2023
Uneducated people don’t know about the legal process of divorce and the perks for women.

Come abroad, both uneducated and educated de pursue the husband once they know the house would be theirs and child support go choke lol

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by SpatialKing(m): 1:53pm On Sep 02, 2023
Very useless and deceitful deduction

1 Like

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by matm: 1:53pm On Sep 02, 2023
U mean lawyers? B/c everyone tries proving knowing better than the other.
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by frog12: 1:53pm On Sep 02, 2023
education makes some people think they are too big to listen to people

Xscape1993:
That is not my point. My point is that some people are educated, but no good behaviour or attitude to last long in marriages. Simple.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by truthfinder319: 1:54pm On Sep 02, 2023
What do you mean by education?
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by Elidrisy20: 1:55pm On Sep 02, 2023
Educated one's na pride dey kee dere marriage

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by gbolswag(m): 1:55pm On Sep 02, 2023
Priorities
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by 007Marvel(m): 1:55pm On Sep 02, 2023
Well because like everything in life education has its own flaws! Education was supposed to make people more reasonable, exposed and inclined to life principles but people just so happens to twist the exposure that comes with it, leading to them thinking they know too much which is not good for a union like marriage.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by Kobojunkie: 1:56pm On Sep 02, 2023
IconicR:
Seriously I've seen more marriages of uneducated couples lasting very long than the educated ones, what could be the reason for this?
They, particularly, the women, subscribe to holding on stewpidly to the marriage even at the cost of their own lives. You see, to a lot of the uneducated, marriage happens to be their one and only achievement in life --- something to boast of ---- and so they resort to all manners of foolishness so they can clock as many years as possible in it. All this at the detriment of their own sanity too. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by 7arrows: 1:56pm On Sep 02, 2023
IconicR:
Seriously I've seen more marriages of uneducated couples lasting very long than the educated ones, what could be the reason for this?

Because over sabi dey worry the educated ones and that destroys the marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by gbolswag(m): 1:57pm On Sep 02, 2023
Educated people set standards and its s major problem in marriage....people who set standards have pride and ego..definitely it cant work

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by judedwriter(m): 1:57pm On Sep 02, 2023
IconicR:

Unfortunately they don't teach how to love in schools....

You choose to love. Once you choose to stop loving in a marriage, it evaporates.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by lawrenzooo: 1:57pm On Sep 02, 2023
Xscape1993:
If you look at the rate of failed marriages in our society today, you will know that education has nothing to with successful marriages, but good morals do.
well the rate among educated folks tend to be higher.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by Cjizzy(m): 1:58pm On Sep 02, 2023
You should post divorce statistics na.. Show the numbers for uneducated and educated couples separation..
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by dododawa1: 1:58pm On Sep 02, 2023
Everything depends on
GRACE.
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by Kobojunkie: 1:58pm On Sep 02, 2023
gbolswag:
Educated people set standards and its s major problem in marriage....people who set standards have pride and ego..definitely it cant work
That isn't true at all. Some of the most egotistical people are the uneducated whose egos deny them wisdom at every turn. You only need to examine your neighbours in Nigeria to see this for yourself. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by toxtimmy: 1:58pm On Sep 02, 2023
Between education and common sense which one is better?...

Clue... With common sense you can achieve anything in the world you wish to work hard and smart for..... However, you with all the education in the world and without common sense you are like a big ship 🚒 on land instead of in water (aka useless) .

IconicR:

1 Like

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by Kobojunkie: 1:58pm On Sep 02, 2023
dododawa1:
Everything depends on
GRACE.
Stop lying! undecided
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by ALABACONNECT(m): 2:00pm On Sep 02, 2023
Welcome to a "woke" generation.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by BoldBrainz(m): 2:00pm On Sep 02, 2023
IconicR:

You see how you had a work related problem few days ago, then went ahead to create a nairaland thread seeking a support base, despite the fact you were the one on the side of fault?

That is how educated and enlightened women like you end up very opinionated and defiant in marital homes, thereby giving rise to spates of arguments where you'll always fight to assert your right and "strong head" on your spouse.

There's no way matrimonial homes like that are meant to last. Women of these days are so thick-headed in marriages that they practically make men to assume the roles of pacifiers and peacemakers, until the day the man feels he has had enough!

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by Chibuzoripob: 2:00pm On Sep 02, 2023
sad With all the their yeye kneeling down to beg,they still either kill themselves/separate .Back in those days,we dnt go around kneeling & denge dey pose for pre wedding and we still dey kampe(some do fight or argue) πŸ’‘ still dey kampe. Nowadays, one argument nah divorce ho follow next/one jumped inside the rivers

1 Like

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by SQLmastar(m): 2:01pm On Sep 02, 2023
Xscape1993:
If you look at the rate of failed marriages in our society today, you will know that education has nothing to with successful marriages, but good morals do.
Education gives the women an epiphany of good and evil. And trust me, evil is more pleasing on the eyes than good. Therefore education is one of the ingredients to stir up a broken marriage.
On the other hand, take a look at the northerners, whose women only know about food and making babies. They rarely leave marriages.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by FireUpNow(m): 2:02pm On Sep 02, 2023
Na wetin you study dey make marriage last abi? Most of the failed marriages are as a result of lack of morals and marriage built on faulty foundations as well as lack of contentment

1 Like

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by 7arrows: 2:02pm On Sep 02, 2023
IconicR:
Does education makes people have bad behavior?

No really. But in most cases it brings out the pride and ego in the women. They don't have patience, they don't respect all in the name of equal rights, they argue like there's a prize to win, if they suspect the hubby of cheating they will say oh two can play that game they too start cheating. Omo the list is endless. The less educated are very humble, they know the values of marriage and their place in the home

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Sep 02, 2023
BoldBrainz:

You see how you had a work related problem few days ago, then went ahead to create a nairaland thread seeking a support base, despite the fact you were the one on the side of fault?

That is how educated and enlightened women like you end up very opinionated and defiant in marital homes, thereby giving rise to spates of arguments where you'll always fight to assert your right and "strong head" on your spouse.

There's no way matrimonial homes like that are meant to last. Women of these days are so thick-headed in marriages that they practically make men to assume the roles of pacifiers and peacemakers, until the day the man feels he has had enough!
My friend and not me
You chose to impose it on me and I don't know how to put up further defense
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by bonnyhope: 2:03pm On Sep 02, 2023
IconicR:

I too know and exposure to social media could be the reason....uneducated ones have little of that

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by Quebec91(m): 2:03pm On Sep 02, 2023
Nailed it

But Education remain Education. It can be formal or informal. Formal is the school one and informal is the Moral Upbringing by Parents
Xscape1993:
Education is quite different from good behaviour.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by Jsucre(m): 2:03pm On Sep 02, 2023
Poor people always believe fate. Simple
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by MySolace: 2:03pm On Sep 02, 2023
Origin:
Abeg carry your myopic world view away from here. So many uneducated ladies with 2-3 prior marriages but you are using famous divorces to judge.

And in this archaic and myopic view you all believe that divorces are caused by women? That marriage successes are based on the efforts of the wife....

That Mr A will read and it is Mr B that will pass the exams? That as educated as you are you would base the success of a marriage on an uneducated woman. Or that you would choose an uneducated woman as the mother of your kids.

I love all women in whatever shapes they come and would hope that even if one falls for an uneducated woman one would do their utmost to make them educated.
U just dey rush things...
Slow down and make ur points clearer

1 Like

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by oluwalonprovide(m): 2:04pm On Sep 02, 2023
Because the educated ones always believes they have right of want or need but the uneducated believes so much in need of each party (the father playing fatherly role of authority and the mother playing the role of submission).

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

83-Day-Old Marriage Dissolved In Ibadan / How To Find If A Child Is Yours Or Not Without A DNA Test / House Wife Stabbed To Death By Mother-In-law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.