Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper (31339 Views)

I Just Finished NYSC, My Mom Is So Proud Of Me / After NYSC My Life Got Ruined...click To Know The True Story / NYSC: The Best Place Of Primary Assignment For A Corper In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:16pm On Jul 18, 2023
Love this...

God bless Nigeria.

READ THIS AND BE WISE:

We Igbos are nice people,
That is why we will never allow the cannibals, terrorists and animals among us called ipob, along with their deranged supporters destroy our heritage.

The man I buy car parts from is an igbo man. This is the exact kind of car he drives.

I have been his customer for over 2 years now since I came across him.

I have shared few experiences of my car being bashed. He has been the one selling for me when I need a part.

Why did I keep going to him? He has a very strong customer service behavior. My first day with him, he told me I look handsome. Even though I knew he was trying to be get me smiled, I felt relaxed pricing before I buy and even when I didn’t agree with the price. He said, “Oga, buy from me na abi you no wan make my pikin chop? Na because of you I come market o” Then I was like it’s just a difference of 1500. So I told him, I will check around, if I don’t see any lesser price I will buy from you. He said no problem Oga. So I went to price in few places and I returned because the price was the same or even more.

When I got back to him. He said, Oga, you don finally bring my pikin money. That was not what I was expecting. Many will behave otherwise. He remained friendly still. So I bought and left. That is how I became his customer for life.

But that is not even the story.

My last episode at PWD ikeja made me visit him again and after attending to me, it was already late and I didn’t take my car along.

He asked where I am living. I told him. Then it happens that he lives around my area so few minutes later he closed his shop and we left to the car. So we got to where he parked and this is the type of car he drives. I was surprised! Well, I will keep my reasons to myself.

So we got talking along the way and realized I was talking to a business genius who never stepped on the university ground. He told me he has been in this business since 2009. How he started from selling electronics DVD gadgets to selling motor parts. He said he has 3 shops in different part of Lagos.

Told him about myself, it was then he knew my name and we dived into family discussion. Just at that moment, we got infront of his house. His was before my bus stop.

It was there I had to look at him again. He said this is my house Oga. I was like na you gan gan be Oga. This man literally built a mansion. I couldn’t stop gazing. He said Mr Akeju, I am raising another 8 flats in your area which i will be renting out.

At that point, I was seeing a different man with purpose. As in success as a human being. Even at this revelation, he remained humble still. He invited me to come inside so he could entertain me as we already got along. All I could say is, another time Oga.

And I applied many of what he said to my life.

Here is a man without BSC or MSC who understands business and “customer-retention” than many graduates working in offices.

A man who is constantly thirsty for more success even when success sure.

A man ‘practicalising’ economics even than those who studied economics.

A man who understands that you don’t wear riches, but rather invest it.

He is a case study and there are many like him who makes gold but do not wear gold.

Dear youths, there is more to life than the Venza, Prada, 10k dolls neck chain.

I believe there are many more to learn here..

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by GeneralPula: 1:17pm On Jul 18, 2023
Lol
Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by Ttipsy(f): 1:17pm On Jul 18, 2023
You will
Be fine
Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by seanfer(m): 1:17pm On Jul 18, 2023
OP If you truly Live in Ogun State, then how did you find yourself in Lokoja before getting Abia?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by Adewale1603(m): 1:18pm On Jul 18, 2023
Dey play

3 Likes

Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by seanfer(m): 1:18pm On Jul 18, 2023
Promicah:
I feel overwhelmed by what just happened.

A little background information: I lived and studied in Ogun precisely before my called-up letter came. I saw Abia in my call-up letter and the next thought that crowded my mind was the hatred projected during the just concluded election.

Since I had no connection, I chose my fate and had to skip my reporting date to camp. After losing every hope of redeployment, I decided to follow the next batch.

Our driver stopped in Lokoja and we rested before we continue the next day to Abia.

I had to make a plan that when I have money, I will buy their native wear to disguise myself. Immediately I stopped at the Abia park, I entered the next bus to the orientation camp.

After our three weeks in camp, I reported to my PPA.

Yesterday, I wanted to get a recharge card from a kiosk beside the road and I met an Igbo man. He looked at me and immediately fear gripped me.

He asked me whether I was new in the area, I wanted to lie and say "no". But my mouth betrayed me.

He smiled and bought the item in the attached picture below.

What happened to us? I had to repent. Truly Nigerians are loving people. I couldn't contain my joy.

This is my first time in the southeast and just this singular act from yesterday has changed a lot about how I see Nigerians.

I know there are a lot of agitations but yesterday a Nigerian showed kindness to a Nigerian. It's officially my 1 month and 15 days in Abia.

Sir Nlfpm.od. This is my latest experience.

OP If you truly Live in Ogun State, then how did you find yourself in Lokoja before getting Abia?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by Shikena(m): 1:19pm On Jul 18, 2023
That is true. His people are all over even the smallest towns across Nigeria and are mostly well treated by the locals. I know several families in the south west housing corpers from his side of the country for free even after service. We are human beings first but we all have ancestral homes and we can never change that fact, we should respect others and that way we get multiple folds of respect back.

Diligent1:

Nobody hate your people, but your people no dey control their mouth, den dey show say na dem wise pass.
Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by FreeStuffsNG: 1:19pm On Jul 18, 2023
Promicah:

A little background information: I lived and studied in Ogun precisely before my called-up letter came. I saw Abia in my call-up letter and the next thought that crowded my mind was the hatred projected during the just concluded election.

Since I had no connection, I chose my fate and had to skip my reporting date to camp. After losing every hope of redeployment, I decided to follow the next batch.

Our driver stopped in Lokoja and we rested before we continue the next day to Abia.

I had to make a plan that when I have money, I will buy their native wear to disguise myself. Immediately I stopped at the Abia park, I entered the next bus to the orientation camp.

Yesterday, I wanted to get a recharge card from a kiosk beside the road and I met an Igbo man. He looked at me and immediately fear gripped me.

He asked me whether I was new in the area, I wanted to lie and say "no". But my mouth betrayed me.

What happened to us? I had to repent. Truly Nigerians are loving people. I couldn't contain my joy.

This is my first time in the southeast and just this singular act from yesterday has changed a lot about how I see Nigerians.

I know there are a lot of agitations but yesterday a Nigerian showed kindness to a Nigerian. It's officially my 1 month and 15 days in Abia.

Oju la lakan fi n şo ori o.
Face the main reason you are there. Do not get involved in their local politics and try and learn their language. Pray for peace there, live in peace with your host, respect their elders, leaders and culture as the Yoruba will always do wherever we are.

If the peace is threatened, leave and come back home in one piece.I wish you God speed

6 Likes

Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by Naz34(m): 1:20pm On Jul 18, 2023
JealousCobra:

Ugm is a fiction, bro 😎 they're either armed robbers or political assassins which you can find in all the regions.
you are not far from the truth

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by georgeakins: 1:20pm On Jul 18, 2023
JealousCobra:
😎

Op, if you're jovial they go kill you with enjoyments.

That's Igbo man's tender and caring nature for you be that. But could turn to a lion when deliberately provoked!!

SE is the the safest place to live and do business regardless of what haters are spewing.

That piece was written by an Ibo man.

Iboland is the unsafest place in Nigeria.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by Lanshile(m): 1:21pm On Jul 18, 2023
I also did my 3 weeks orientation in abia(umunna bende) and I really enjoyed relating with the igbos
Igbos are good people and I fell in love with their akpu cos that was my favorite at their Mami market in camp
An Igbo lady also fell in love with me but I'm loyal to my baby girl at home
The guys really treated me special there

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by Shikena(m): 1:21pm On Jul 18, 2023
Thank you! That's all that matters. Give respect and know when to overlook things that are not your business. You will get multiple folds of respect, peace and blessings in return.

FreeStuffsNG:
Face the main reason you are there. Do not get involved in their local politics and try and learn their language. Pray for peace there, liive in peace with your host, respect their culture and if the peace is threatened, leave and come back home.I wish you God speed

2 Likes

Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by INVINCIBLECSP1(m): 1:21pm On Jul 18, 2023
yarimo:
IPOB terrorists creating useless thread claiming to be corper from Ogun state
They have arrived. Haters them. SMH

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by omoadeleye(m): 1:21pm On Jul 18, 2023
JealousCobra:
😎

That's Igbo man's tender and caring nature for you be that. But could turn to a lion when deliberately provoked!!

SE is the the safest place to live and do business regardless of what haters are spewing.

Lmao

1 Like

Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by SemperFid: 1:22pm On Jul 18, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
u igbos n self delusion

So others are sitting at home in their regions?

What is the highest gift ur father has given a stranger?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by OROSUNBOLB(m): 1:22pm On Jul 18, 2023
JealousCobra:
😎

Lol,lion indeed !
Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by Tinububalls: 1:22pm On Jul 18, 2023
If I'm to come back as a black man, I will still choose the Igbo tribe.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by OROSUNBOLB(m): 1:23pm On Jul 18, 2023
georgeakins:

You're right !

2 Likes

Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by yarimo(m): 1:24pm On Jul 18, 2023
INVINCIBLECSP1:

They have arrived. Haters them. SMH
IPOB

4 Likes

Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by ednut1(m): 1:24pm On Jul 18, 2023
I also served in Abia. The people there were nice to us 😅. Stereotypes don kill Nigerians sha

5 Likes

Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by Promicah: 1:26pm On Jul 18, 2023
seanfer:

While waiting for my called up letter, I went to stay with my friend to avoid see finish at home.

From my write up, you will see where I started that I live and studied in Sango Ota to be precise. I know I answered you sir.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by Promicah: 1:27pm On Jul 18, 2023
yarimo:
IPOB terrorists creating useless thread claiming to be corper from Ogun state

Dm me let me show you my birth certificate.
Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by OROSUNBOLB(m): 1:28pm On Jul 18, 2023
seanfer:

That was exactly what came to my mind too ! Op is an Igbo man from Anambra,lol !

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by Microwhy: 1:29pm On Jul 18, 2023
Promicah:

Lesson:: Never take social media wahala to heart..
In my street, we have Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa.. the igbo boys are knocking my gate on Sunday seeking my permission to let my children come play football with them. Me and the parents are very cool but will definitely come to social media and insult the hell out of Obidients..

4 Likes

Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by yarimo(m): 1:29pm On Jul 18, 2023
Promicah:

Dm me let me show you my birth certificate.
Birth certificate ko pregnancy certificate ni

1 Like

Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by ipobarecriminals: 1:29pm On Jul 18, 2023
sad watch ur back and be prayerful .May the God of ur papa/mama protect you from Eluuups yoots

1 Like

Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by discusant: 1:31pm On Jul 18, 2023
Promicah:

What? In Ala Igbo, southeast region, nobody cares whether you are Yoruba or Hausa/Fulani. Every Igbo is busy with how to make life worth living.
Even if you abuse Jesus, no Igbo cares to look at you for the 2nd time over what you said. At worse, they will see you as someone berserk and move on.
There are too many Yoruba architects, builders and labourers in Igbo land. The builders and architects come to Igbo land with their own Yoruba labourers. They can build a two deck building in one month. In fact, Igbos prefer the Yoruba builders to local Igbo builders who will always give one excuse of - wedding or funeral or baptism or .. excuses - to delay the builduing project.
All the hate created between Yoruba and the Igbo end on the social media. The Oni of Ife will always tell you that Igbo and Yoruba have one ancestry.

9 Likes

Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by Omoawoke: 1:31pm On Jul 18, 2023
Nigerians are not evil. I can bet that majority of people that fight themselves online here for tribal reasons are living among those tribes they fight and working together, dating and doing business together

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by fk001(m): 1:32pm On Jul 18, 2023
We have brainless ipob and we have few sensible igbos.

Thank your God that you met with a sensible igbo

1 Like

Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by idonhammer: 1:32pm On Jul 18, 2023
That one dey .

Meanwhile if your name is okanlawon and you served in Dubai maragabat prison in 2002. I am one of the only two Igbo guys in your sell.

I really missed you bro, your type is rare to find in Nigeria.

If by any chance you are on nairaland here, just call my name or the name of my guy to prove that you are the one and I will credit your account with cash.

5 Likes

Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by pachigo001(m): 1:32pm On Jul 18, 2023
georgeakins:

im living in imo state bro don’t let media to be deceiving you igboland is safe just don’t go on the street or open your shop on mondays and you will be fine

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Corper Uses Dancing As A Form Of Punishment For Her Student / Burial Poster Of 24-Year-Old Benue Corper From Rivers State (Photos) / NYSC Corper Survives Ghastly Accident En-route To Abuja (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.