Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,387 members, 7,815,828 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper (31332 Views)

I Just Finished NYSC, My Mom Is So Proud Of Me / After NYSC My Life Got Ruined...click To Know The True Story / NYSC: The Best Place Of Primary Assignment For A Corper In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by Calitoscassius(m): 2:01pm On Jul 18, 2023
Op is not from Ogun like he claimed, Op is an IGBO man try to make us believe that SE is safe. grin liar! IGBOs hate yorumslim, South wasterners, Agabo republicans and Afonjaas. And afonjaas hate IGBOs.

Free Mr Kanu! Free Biafrans! The people murdering Alaigboians are the zoo army and police.

Simon Ekpa is God!
Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by ikeno(m): 2:01pm On Jul 18, 2023
Igbos are very accommodating and hospitable.
When I lost my dad to the cool hand of death few years ago, may is soul continue to rest in peace. Some of my closest friends accompany me for the burial in Anambra. Friends like Ade, John, wale and muritala. They all had so much fun that there was never a dull moment all through their stay. they stayed for close to 2weeks before returning to Lagos.

The media and social media are just tearing us apart as Nigerians. Now there's so much hatred.

3 Likes

Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by NaijaNaWaa: 2:01pm On Jul 18, 2023
Promicah:
I feel overwhelmed by what just happened.

A little background information: I lived and studied in Ogun precisely before my called-up letter came. I saw Abia in my call-up letter and the next thought that crowded my mind was the hatred projected during the just concluded election.

Since I had no connection, I chose my fate and had to skip my reporting date to camp. After losing every hope of redeployment, I decided to follow the next batch.

Our driver stopped in Lokoja and we rested before we continue the next day to Abia.

I had to make a plan that when I have money, I will buy their native wear to disguise myself. Immediately I stopped at the Abia park, I entered the next bus to the orientation camp.

After our three weeks in camp, I reported to my PPA.

Yesterday, I wanted to get a recharge card from a kiosk beside the road and I met an Igbo man. He looked at me and immediately fear gripped me.

He asked me whether I was new in the area, I wanted to lie and say "no". But my mouth betrayed me.

He smiled and bought the item in the attached picture below.

What happened to us? I had to repent. Truly Nigerians are loving people. I couldn't contain my joy.

This is my first time in the southeast and just this singular act from yesterday has changed a lot about how I see Nigerians.

I know there are a lot of agitations but yesterday a Nigerian showed kindness to a Nigerian. It's officially my 1 month and 15 days in Abia.

Sir Nlfpm.od. This is my latest experience.

There's abundance of good people in every tribe and country. As an Igbo man, I can tell you that I've received more life changing favours from other tribes particularly Northerners. Not much from Yorubas probably because I've not lived with them (Note: I lived in Lagos for years but you know in Lagos, it's kind of different).

1 Like

Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by victorazy(m): 2:01pm On Jul 18, 2023
INVINCIBLECSP1:
Igbos are good people. Forget about what people say about them. Just be nice and do your business and you will enjoy your host. That's Igbo for you. Except for few idiots among them, they're nice people.
My prayer is for God to bless me with a good Igbo wife. I want an Igbo blood in my family.
Haters please don't quote me.

See ur mouth angry you want Igbo wife but you squiz face when ur sister brought Igbo boy!
Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by Lovalovaphunmz(f): 2:03pm On Jul 18, 2023
that was how my landlords fiancรฉ frustrated my life the very moment i got to their house. i was posted to umuahia for my youth service, the house i rented had like 2 two rooms specifically for corpers that my landlord used to rent out to corpers... this yeye woman wanted to kill me simply because the husband saw that i am a small statured girl and i wont be able to push truck they used to buy water. the man out of pity of seeing me go thru stress anytime i fetch water decided to run bore hole water from the neighbor to our house with the agreement that i will be paying a particular amount for the water, this woman challenged the husband that why would he because of one person run water in the house, and that was why this woman decided to frustrate my life, each time my friends come to greet me, na war. there was this day the second coper in the house which is a guy called to tell me that he heard the woman trying to plan some things for me, I ran to inform the police, they called her husband who is a soldier and told him to caution his wife, it was a very rough experience. After the husband cautioned her, this woman said me i want to cause separation between her and her husband, this woman started using juju for me. it took Gods grace that i didnt die in that house before my mom came to withdraw me from the house. na Jesus corpers lodge i go stay till i finish the service.... infact, i used to love Igbo pple a lot that i determined to marry from the igbo tribe but when i saw that experience, i changed my mind totally..... if u are a lady, pls don't move or relate too much with ur landlady's husband and if u are a man, pls be careful with their daughters, they are dangerously dangerous when it comes to matters like this.
Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by Emperormartin(m): 2:03pm On Jul 18, 2023
MTNnews:
Have igbos changed their mentality hating Hausa Fulani Kanuri Ikwerre Yoruba etc abi only your papa own monopoly to hate.

Continue wallowing in hatred.

Your brother has seen the light...

You need to travel and see things with your eyes.

Even if your brother comes back after service year he won't mingle with someone like you
Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by Ofemmanu1: 2:06pm On Jul 18, 2023
JealousCobra:
๐Ÿ˜Ž

Op, if you're jovial they go kill you with enjoyments.

That's Igbo man's tender and caring nature for you be that. But could turn to a lion when deliberately provoked!!

SE is the the safest place to live and do business regardless of what haters are spewing.
*yinmu*..

There is one vile cheap ass bitchh madafucker in my department.
She just dey pick offense with everyone.
Last week, that basterrd say to me 'You are very stupid".
I just went straight to HR because I no wan panel beat a madwoman at work.

Later bitch was fuming, she'd had me eliminated if it was in Alaigbo.

I served in Kaduna 2011, when BH terrorists and Fulani basterrds were having a field day.
I met some really good people in there, I finished my service @October 2012, but because of the love I have for the people, I returned back to Lagos December, same year.
I over stayed!
Mind you, that doesn't mean everywhere in Kaduna was peaceful.
Prayers from Grandma kept me tho.

@OP,
stay safe bro.

Oodua a gbe e o.

1 Like

Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by zedegit: 2:07pm On Jul 18, 2023
computer0810:
U will come back and tell us hw terrible dey r after ur 1 year service๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Wait till u experience osu character

Nothing like that. It was in Lagos, that one olosho accused me of being a thief but she spoke their language, I fled out of fear, without even asking what happened some Alaye boys gathered me and blew me in my left eye. Some were even trying to rob me. Till today, it's affecting me. They are all cursed.
Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by bashlek(m): 2:09pm On Jul 18, 2023
JealousCobra:

Ugm is a fiction, bro ๐Ÿ˜Ž they're either armed robbers or political assassins which you can find in all the regions.
And ya family failed to come out every Monday ?
Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by KingMack(m): 2:10pm On Jul 18, 2023
Promicah:

A little background information: I lived and studied in Ogun precisely before my called-up letter came. I saw Abia in my call-up letter and the next thought that crowded my mind was the hatred projected during the just concluded election.

Since I had no connection, I chose my fate and had to skip my reporting date to camp. After losing every hope of redeployment, I decided to follow the next batch.

Our driver stopped in Lokoja and we rested before we continue the next day to Abia.

I had to make a plan that when I have money, I will buy their native wear to disguise myself. Immediately I stopped at the Abia park, I entered the next bus to the orientation camp.

Yesterday, I wanted to get a recharge card from a kiosk beside the road and I met an Igbo man. He looked at me and immediately fear gripped me.

He asked me whether I was new in the area, I wanted to lie and say "no". But my mouth betrayed me.

What happened to us? I had to repent. Truly Nigerians are loving people. I couldn't contain my joy.

This is my first time in the southeast and just this singular act from yesterday has changed a lot about how I see Nigerians.

I know there are a lot of agitations but yesterday a Nigerian showed kindness to a Nigerian. It's officially my 1 month and 15 days in Abia.

Chai na Umuahia dem post you go๐Ÿ˜ญ
Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by Blaze14k: 2:10pm On Jul 18, 2023
Diligent1:

Nobody hate your people, but your people no dey control their mouth, den dey show say na dem wise pass.

Your statement says alot.. black americans do same thing both no one criticize the way they behave. Even some white folks want to be like them. Buh in Africa its the opposite
Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by seborrhic: 2:12pm On Jul 18, 2023
Speakz:
Happens a lot.

Corpers also come to the North thinking everywhere is very violent.
NYSC remains one of the best things ever invented in Nigeria.
Still having nostalgia of going to stay one month in the North.
It's like nostalgia someone that used to go regularly to his/her village has,you just feel like going back there to relieve the good times you had.
Boko Haram came and made things scary,but the north and the people there is just a fun place.
Same way if you are from other regions and visit a different region in Nigeria,it's just fun, particularly if you go with an open mind.
Miscreants and some politicians are the ones promoting ethnic division and hatred to a larger extent than it actually exists.
Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by Ofemmanu1: 2:14pm On Jul 18, 2023
zedegit:

Nothing like that. It was in Lagos, that one olosho accused me of being a thief but she spoke their language, I fled out of fear, without even asking what happened some Alaye boys gathered me and blew me in my left eye. Some were even trying to rob me. Till today, it's affecting me. They are all cursed.

Tell us another thing.

Everybody knows agberoism is SE is too notch.

1 Like

Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by nwadiuko1(m): 2:14pm On Jul 18, 2023
What I don't understand is how Lokoja came in between Ogun State and Abia...please explain
Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by Stinty: 2:15pm On Jul 18, 2023
I know u might be from the south west but u know what, igbos started this online bullying thing immediately nnamdi kanu started ipob and started pushing for biafra, I could recall back then in 2015 if you come on line you see one Nigeria no division even yourself can do ur due delligence here on nairaland by going to those old threads then go on the comment sections and see how united Nigerians were then
Promicah:

Dm me let me show you my birth certificate.
Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by blacksam01: 2:15pm On Jul 18, 2023
Promicah:

@ OP , are ochendu boiz hostel still giving trouble in the camo....th Abia camp is full of lafter everyday about ochendu boiz...

i cant forget my experience there wahalahi
Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by 8stargeneral: 2:16pm On Jul 18, 2023
That's to tell you that east don't have problem with other tribes

We love and accommodate people
Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by lolu2019: 2:18pm On Jul 18, 2023
yarimo:
IPOB terrorists creating useless thread claiming to be corper from Ogun state
he is saying the truth.i served in Abia too.and I schooled in Ogun.he is saying the truth.i slept in an hotel free of charge.i also ate for free during voters card sharing.
Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by TakeNigeriaBack: 2:19pm On Jul 18, 2023
It shows that there are still sensible Igbos left in Nigeria. Not all are madt like the pigs that support obi.
Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by ODUBEZE: 2:22pm On Jul 18, 2023
Diligent1:

Nobody hate your people, but your people no dey control their mouth, den dey show say na dem wise pass.
And so Why not use your mouth and shoe that you are wiser
Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by Luu40: 2:22pm On Jul 18, 2023
I'm happy seeing this story.

I'm Hausa and have no issues with any tribe in this country. In fact I love meeting new people very well.

I hope the SE and our zones become safer. Nigeria use to be a very good country. I pray we see more of that in the months to come.
Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by danilho(m): 2:25pm On Jul 18, 2023
Promicah:
I once explained to someone up there that I stayed in Lokoja with a friend while waiting for my called up letter.

I decided to use the lokoja route because I bought some of the things I will be needing in camp and kept it in my friends house. So, wisdom mandate I go get those things and continue my journey. For brevity, I skipped that part when Writing my missive.

Stop all these lies bro. You stayed in Lokoja with a friend, meaning your bus took off from Lokoja. How did the bus that moved from Lokoja stopped at Lokoja to continue the journey the next day. I hail ooo
Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by drdeath: 2:28pm On Jul 18, 2023
Promicah:

Be careful.I served in Abia state.
They are cannibals.Once again,be very careful.
Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by kbams241: 2:29pm On Jul 18, 2023
JealousCobra:
๐Ÿ˜Ž

That's Igbo man's tender and caring nature for you be that. But could turn to a lion when deliberately provoked!!

SE is the the safest place to live and do business regardless of what haters are spewing.

Ogbeni erase that last part jor
Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by Almaigaa: 2:31pm On Jul 18, 2023
JealousCobra:
๐Ÿ˜Ž

Lies

1 Like

Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by Greenscientist: 2:32pm On Jul 18, 2023
Except for Muslims.

I served in Abia
Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by AKWATGOLD1(m): 2:32pm On Jul 18, 2023
Your story surprised me. If i get you you said that you study and live in Ogun State and travelled to Abia State through Kogi. Please how come?

Your route should be through Benin-Ore expressway to Onitsha and find your way to NYSC Orientation Camp in Bende LGA in Abia State.

Promicah:

Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by Menclothing: 2:32pm On Jul 18, 2023
Bad people
Good people
Are in every state and tribe in Nigeria have lived in 23 states in Nigeria

Have visited 27 states

Judge personality one by one no race is the same
Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by idanone(m): 2:33pm On Jul 18, 2023
Promicah:

I did my nysc in abia state, make I know lie I fell in love with igbos more, every where we go corper corper corper every time, more over my primary school teacher was an igbo woman 2 decade and 2 years now I still remember her name. Very nice mother. MR nsoro, UBE primary school bundu water side river state. Set 2002. I swear I wanted Peter obi to be President.
Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by Zhirinovsky: 2:33pm On Jul 18, 2023
Igbos are generally like that but they receive the exact opposite elsewhere in Nigeria esp the southwest.

During my final year in sch I came back home to an eastern city. I met a new yoruba corper in the neighbourhood from lagos poly. We quickly made this guy one of us and a parley. Always made sure he felt free and didn't feel out of place because of the language differences. some months towards his pop he slept with his student ( a minor), I still remember how we stood by this guy in that trying time, even when the girl's parents were threatening fire n brimstone. Many times we hid him from the girls father.

Fast forward to a Yr later, I was posted to serve in Lagos, I met firsthand hatred and bile from the yorubas. firstly I was perplexed how most yoruba landlords refuse renting me a house cos I am igbo even after seeing that I am a poor corper who will mostly stay fr a year. For God's sake I'm trying to forget most experiences.

Yes, some of them are nice and good people but there is this fear they can be easily influenced to turn on you in critical times.

At a time I limited the number of yorubas I interacted with to friends and 'family' from the church. Yes, I met some nice yorubas in the church.
Promicah:

Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by Sijo01(f): 2:34pm On Jul 18, 2023
Promicah:
I once explained to someone up there that I stayed in Lokoja with a friend while waiting for my called up letter.

I decided to use the lokoja route because I bought some of the things I will be needing in camp and kept it in my friends house. So, wisdom mandate I go get those things and continue my journey. For brevity, I skipped that part when Writing my missive.

Thank God I saw this. Was about to ask how you found yourself in Lokoja from Ogun state enroute Abia state. undecided
Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by babywhite(f): 2:34pm On Jul 18, 2023
Op hope you enjoyed umunnato camp..that's my village

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Corper Uses Dancing As A Form Of Punishment For Her Student / Burial Poster Of 24-Year-Old Benue Corper From Rivers State (Photos) / NYSC Corper Survives Ghastly Accident En-route To Abuja (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.