Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper - NYSC (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper (31343 Views)

I Just Finished NYSC, My Mom Is So Proud Of Me / After NYSC My Life Got Ruined...click To Know The True Story / NYSC: The Best Place Of Primary Assignment For A Corper In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by GorillaApp(m): 2:36pm On Jul 18, 2023
Curtisaxel10:
You talked about hatred projected during the last elections but let me kindly remind you that no single Yoruba was harmed, beaten, or harassed in any way here in the Southeast despite the horrible treatment our people recieved in Lagos. We are a peaceful people.

You are welcome to my lovely state. I assure you, you have nothing to fear. Feel free and enjoy yourself. We have many Yorubas living and working in peace here without being harassed or asked to return to their state of origin. I'm sure you must have met some of them.

If your PPA is in the state capital, I would be honored to host you in my humble abode sometime. Nnooo nwannem. You are welcome.
Bless you bro. I Have a room reserved in my compound for corp members and they are not to pay.the last person was from kogi and another Benue and also akwa ibom. They don't pay

1 Like

Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by spyder880(m): 2:36pm On Jul 18, 2023
I wonder why people deceive people that south east natives are not friendly, it's only on the internet that I hear that, on the ground here I have more than 15 people that are not from this region working for me.

I have a man travelling from the south west to meet me for a new contract today.

Nigerians has been harassed and confused with negative propaganda.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by Chiefpriestt: 2:36pm On Jul 18, 2023
yarimo:
IPOB terrorists creating useless thread claiming to be corper from Ogun state
You always sound like a mad man all the time. Life must be very hard for you

1 Like

Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by OROSUNBOLB(m): 2:36pm On Jul 18, 2023
Promicah:
I once explained to someone up there that I stayed in Lokoja with a friend while waiting for my called up letter.

I decided to use the lokoja route because I bought some of the things I will be needing in camp and kept it in my friends house. So, wisdom mandate I go get those things and continue my journey. For brevity, I skipped that part when Writing my missive.

Okay.

But if we take a cursory look at the extract below from your story,something is not adding up ! I think this is a cooked up story intended to portray igbos as being nice but we know better,man ! You wrote : "I stayed in Lokoja with a friend while waiting for my called up letter",right ? Now, how does that sound if you place it by the side of this (your statement as well) : "Our driver stopped in Lokoja and we rested before we continue the next day to Abia" ??.

Emeka,you're a liar !

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by spyder880(m): 2:36pm On Jul 18, 2023
GorillaApp:

Bless you bro. I Have a room reserved in my compound for corp members and they are not to pay.the last person was from kogi and another Benue and also akwa ibom. They don't pay

Happens everywhere in my village, I have never seen a corper that paid rents.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by Angelfrost(m): 2:37pm On Jul 18, 2023
georgeakins:

That piece was written by an Ibo man.

Iboland is the unsafest place in Nigeria.

It can't be a coincidence that people who make such statements don't travel... They only know about places from Nairaland and social media! Lol!

No one who has traveled Nigeria, and lived in several regions will ever say Igboland is unsafer than other parts of Naija! Not One!!!

Even Hausas living and doing business in Anambra, Imo, Abia, etc, will be shaking their heads at such stupidity!!! grin

If only you people will step out from that Lagos, Ibadan or Abeokuta... Just try venture out to Benin or even Ondo at least! Just try...!

2 Likes

Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by Gentew(m): 2:40pm On Jul 18, 2023
JealousCobra:
😎

Op, if you're jovial they go kill you with enjoyments.

That's Igbo man's tender and caring nature for you be that. But could turn to a lion when deliberately provoked!!

SE is the the safest place to live and do business
regardless of what haters are spewing.

THE SAFEST PLACE TO DO BUSINESS INDEED! LOL

DON'T LET IPOB HEAR THIS..... THEY WILL FORCE YOU AND YOUR INVESTMENT TO OBEY "SIT AT HOME ORDER"

1 Like

Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by Mayeldah(m): 2:43pm On Jul 18, 2023
Don't let BATists make you think Ibos are bad people, its a strategy that anyone that want rule Nigeria and keep stealing its resources uses

They make other tribes hate Ibos just to steal their votes. Some yorubas and Northerners are culprits here.

Ibos are good people.

BTW, I am not Ibo

1 Like

Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by Babisha10(m): 2:47pm On Jul 18, 2023
ZUKKYY:
Igbos na lovely people, the welcome visitors with two hands
Not visitors from Northern part of the country..
Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by danilho(m): 2:48pm On Jul 18, 2023
OROSUNBOLB:

Okay.
Bro, you said okay. The guy said he stayed in Lokoja with a friend, prior to the time he was mobilize for NYSC. It simply mean that he started his journey to NYSC camp from Lokoja. How can a bus driver moved from Lokoja and decide to stop in the same Lokoja to rest and continue the journey the next day

Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by haslaw(m): 2:50pm On Jul 18, 2023
Promicah:
I feel overwhelmed by what just happened.

A little background information: I lived and studied in Ogun precisely before my called-up letter came. I saw Abia in my call-up letter and the next thought that crowded my mind was the hatred projected during the just concluded election.

Since I had no connection, I chose my fate and had to skip my reporting date to camp. After losing every hope of redeployment, I decided to follow the next batch.

Our driver stopped in Lokoja and we rested before we continue the next day to Abia.

I had to make a plan that when I have money, I will buy their native wear to disguise myself. Immediately I stopped at the Abia park, I entered the next bus to the orientation camp.

After our three weeks in camp, I reported to my PPA.

Yesterday, I wanted to get a recharge card from a kiosk beside the road and I met an Igbo man. He looked at me and immediately fear gripped me.

He asked me whether I was new in the area, I wanted to lie and say "no". But my mouth betrayed me.

He smiled and bought the item in the attached picture below.

What happened to us? I had to repent. Truly Nigerians are loving people. I couldn't contain my joy.

This is my first time in the southeast and just this singular act from yesterday has changed a lot about how I see Nigerians.

I know there are a lot of agitations but yesterday a Nigerian showed kindness to a Nigerian. It's officially my 1 month and 15 days in Abia.

Sir Nlfpm.od. This is my latest experience.

I would advice you to tread with absolute caution and also beware of Greek gifts

My elder sister did her NYSC in the Abia State, During her time in that state, a medical Doctor from South West was lured, killed and eaten by the locals because cannibalism is still being secretly practiced in those places.

Ask anyone you trust to tell you about isiala ngwa
Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by georgeakins: 2:50pm On Jul 18, 2023
Angelfrost:

It can't be a coincidence that people who make such statements don't travel... They only know about places from Nairaland and social media! Lol!

No one who has traveled Nigeria, and lived in several regions will ever say Igboland is unsafer than other parts of Naija! Not One!!!

Even Hausas living and doing business in Anambra, Imo, Abia, etc, will be shaking their heads at such stupidity!!! grin

If only you people will step out from that Lagos, Ibadan or Abeokuta... Just try venture out to Benin or even Ondo at least! Just try...!

No one lives in Ibo land except the Ibos.
It is a deserted, cursed land.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by GorillaApp(m): 2:51pm On Jul 18, 2023
spyder880:

Happens everywhere in my village, I have never seen a corper that paid rents.
Just to let them know that Igbos are one of the best folks to have around

1 Like

Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by UNDFTD: 2:52pm On Jul 18, 2023
Promicah:

A little background information: I lived and studied in Ogun precisely before my called-up letter came. I saw Abia in my call-up letter and the next thought that crowded my mind was the hatred projected during the just concluded election.

Since I had no connection, I chose my fate and had to skip my reporting date to camp. After losing every hope of redeployment, I decided to follow the next batch.

Our driver stopped in Lokoja and we rested before we continue the next day to Abia.

I had to make a plan that when I have money, I will buy their native wear to disguise myself. Immediately I stopped at the Abia park, I entered the next bus to the orientation camp.

Yesterday, I wanted to get a recharge card from a kiosk beside the road and I met an Igbo man. He looked at me and immediately fear gripped me.

He asked me whether I was new in the area, I wanted to lie and say "no". But my mouth betrayed me.

What happened to us? I had to repent. Truly Nigerians are loving people. I couldn't contain my joy.

This is my first time in the southeast and just this singular act from yesterday has changed a lot about how I see Nigerians.

I know there are a lot of agitations but yesterday a Nigerian showed kindness to a Nigerian. It's officially my 1 month and 15 days in Abia.

Igbo-speaking Biafrans are the MOST open-minded people you would ever meet not minding all the propaganda, lies, and cheap blackmail against them. You can NOT be very closed-minded and have the guts to travel anywhere and establish yourself. It's only when you're open-minded that you have the spirit to leave your comfort zone and then travel to far away land to explore. One thing you need to understand about the Igbos is that they abhor injustice no matter who is the perpetrator. An Igbo person would fight his own kinsman to defend a stranger or visitor in their land because [b]it's the culture that you protect and defend your visitor! [/b]So, it's NOT surprising that this corper had such an experience.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by haslaw(m): 2:52pm On Jul 18, 2023
ZUKKYY:
Igbos na lovely people, the welcome visitors with two hands

Same way mai suya welcomes meat abi
Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by Angelfrost(m): 2:53pm On Jul 18, 2023
georgeakins:

No one lives in Ibo land except the Ibos.
It is a deserted, cursed land.

So you say... You are all-knowing! grin
Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by archbishop007(m): 2:53pm On Jul 18, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Bros op from ogun state to Lokoja then abia hmmm...bros op...brother op...bros op

Anyway Igbos are loving people ❤️ ❤️

As a Bini I love them to the moon and back

My aunty from my father's side( the sister to my father) is married to igbo man

My uncle from my mother side( one of the twin brother to my mother) is married to one imo woman

Abi! You reason am like that too....no be Israelites journey be dat? Ogun state to Ondo...from there you don dey enter east already. It's well
Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by josilcool(m): 2:55pm On Jul 18, 2023
Most these things we read on social media is different from what we see in reality, I have been to north and south south, there's nothing like hatred as long as you respect one another, my best friends when I was in Cross River and also in Edo are Igbo, we just talk about situation of things in the country and move on.
Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by juwoonn(m): 3:01pm On Jul 18, 2023
I served in 2008 in Echumofana area of Cross Rivers State. The community gave us the yam my colleagues and I ate throughout our one year stay... my landlord and landlady gave us food almost everyday... pounded yam, akpu with good fish, bushmeat and fresh vegetables. These people are wonderful... but we endured blackout for that one year period.
Promicah:

A little background information: I
Yesterday, I wanted to get a ...
Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by OROSUNBOLB(m): 3:02pm On Jul 18, 2023
danilho:
Bro, you said okay. The guy said he stayed in Lokoja with a friend, prior to the time he was mobilize for NYSC. It simply mean that he started his journey to NYSC camp from Lokoja. How can a bus driver moved from Lokoja and decide to stop in the same Lokoja to rest and continue the journey the next day
I knew,albinito,that the guy was a liar ! I was still responding to him when I mistakenly clicked on "submit" button. I have however,modified,completed my thoughts and resubmitted.

You're a very smart person,I like that,bro !

1 Like

Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by Karlifate: 3:04pm On Jul 18, 2023
Etosha:
I have lived in Edo, Kogi, C. River, Bayelsa, and now Imo state. I can tell you that good people can be found everywhere just as bad people can be found in every tribe.

💯
Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by Medley02(m): 3:04pm On Jul 18, 2023
I served in Anambra state in 2019, and I must tell you that for the whole 11 months I spent there, my landlady gave both raw and cooked foods for me (I HAD MORE THAN ENOUGH MONEY TO BUY WHAT I NEEDED O, BUT SHE WAS REALLY A VERY NICE WOMAN) all through my staying. Can you now tell me to hate anyone from that region? CAPITAL NO!!

when I was leaving Igbo Ukwu in 2020, omo I felt like crying embarassed

My landlady died a year after I left Anambra state. May her soul rest in peace.

I can't hate the Igbo brothers for no reason mehn.

In every tribe/region there's always a demon and an angel.

Let's live life and shun hatred for one another.

Peace, I wish you.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by bionixs: 3:05pm On Jul 18, 2023
You think Igbos have that time and they found everywhere in Nigeria. Let one person pick a quarrel with you there, the moment they discover that you are a stranger, you have already scored 45% in the fight before it gets started . I pity those who swallow the trash spread by omoniles who only know their SW villages and Lagos , in the name of hate
Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by JealousCobra(m): 3:11pm On Jul 18, 2023
Naz34:
you are not far from the truth

grin
Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by bionixs: 3:12pm On Jul 18, 2023
jmoore:
Abia is safer than Lagos.

If you allow the online propaganda to deceive you, na you sabi.

I know some Yoruba families in our street in Aba. Forget the online banters.

When did you hear a Yoruba man was attacked in southeast because he is Yoruba?
idiots won’t answer you
Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by enemachris(m): 3:13pm On Jul 18, 2023
The Igbos are very good people, same thing with the Yoruba people. I have lived with people from both tribes for many years now. It's really worrisome to see the unpredictable things people say about them most especially on this forum. I wonder if the people saying all this things even know the tribes very well. You guys should stop defacing other tribes and promoting hate. No tribe is bad, we only have bad people. Just the same way the bad once on this forum keeps promoting tribalism, ethnicity and religious card.

1 Like

Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by JealousCobra(m): 3:13pm On Jul 18, 2023
Gentew:

THE SAFEST PLACE TO DO BUSINESS INDEED! LOL

DON'T LET IPOB HEAR THIS..... THEY WILL FORCE YOU AND YOUR INVESTMENT TO OBEY "SIT AT HOME ORDER"

See Dem haters na Dem grin
Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by JealousCobra(m): 3:14pm On Jul 18, 2023
kbams241:

Ogbeni erase that last part jor

See dem grin
Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by greggng: 3:14pm On Jul 18, 2023
Promicah:

One reason why I tend to forgive most yorubas is cos they only journey they ve embarked on is within there western states. Someone of them that being to other states and even worked there have respect for them . There behaviour differentiate them with those that doesn't travel .is true lagos was a former capital of Nigeria and for same reason lots of investment was brought in here ...naturally it should attract people from all the states . Take away lagos which other south Western state is doing well?The rest are on same level with other states or lower .

Igbo man will sleep on the flour and give a stranger his bed ...They are very accommodating. The only reason why Igbo man kept quiet in the face of many provocations is cos of there investment . He who lives in a glass house doesn't throw stone ..However there limit to which anyone can push them .A certain pastor just told his agent not to give any Igbo man accommodation...ironically the majority of students in his school are Igbo children. Some igbos are threaten to pull there kids out of the pastor school cos they never expected a pastor to be doing this

How did we get here .,During the end sars protest ..rumor started going on thst igbos spearhead the protest to destroy lagos ..They implanted this in the heart of yoruba youths ...This incident nearly cause a fight btw igbos and yorubas . But you and I know this is part of the divide and rule game by those whose knee are on the neck of lagosians . Again , they lost election in lagos and Abuja...they deviced another means to get supporters ...they started playing ethnic politics...They even called there brother omo ale cos igbos are supporting him. The annoying part was that fani kayode was hailing the move despite having an igbo wife that gave birth to 4 kids for him . To some youbas anything goes in as much as the achieve there aim. Election is over...we all are now feeling the heat .Igbo man can never suffer cos there destiny is not tie to the government ...They are business men , hustler ..An igbo man is willing to stay on the traffic to sell anything that will bring money ..

Just last week same govt some of you are supporting was planning to purchase bullet proof cars worth billions of naira ....same govt is adki g for loan despite removal of subsidy..we now have govt where the poor subsidies for the rich .You guys will surely miss buhari .

Very soon it will no longer be an ethnic thing cos hunger and hardship doesn't have ethnic coloration .

1 Like

Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by kenchop: 3:15pm On Jul 18, 2023
I'm in porthacourt and have good friends from all tribes, the funny thing is the two Yoruba guys I have as friends are not even friends, they hate themselves. They love and relate better with the Igbos than with themselves. There are good people and bad people everywhere.
Just kill the mind set of hate in your life and you will be ok.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by FlintDrone: 3:17pm On Jul 18, 2023
Okay
Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by nony43(m): 3:18pm On Jul 18, 2023
Promicah:

Oga enjoy your stay. Nobody get your time na your people carry everything for head.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Burial Poster Of 24-Year-Old Benue Corper From Rivers State (Photos) / NYSC Corper Survives Ghastly Accident En-route To Abuja (PHOTOS) / Corper Dies In Accident On His Way To Imo State For PPA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.