Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,419 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband (31282 Views)

My Husband No Dey Knack Me Well- Cheating Wife's Confession To Her Pastor(Video) / DNA Test Saga Has Made Some Ladies Reveal Their Secrets ( Pics Included / "I Travelled For 1 Week & My Husband Turned My Kitchen To This" - Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by grandstar(m): 5:04pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:
I am legally married to this man and we have 3 sons together. Recently he purchased some land which he actually told me about but when I checked the documents of all the land I only saw Mr(his name in full) and not Mr & Mrs (his name and surname) or Mr (his name ) and Mrs (My name ). This really gave me great concern and when I asked him, he told me it doesn't really count because the properties also belong to my children. Later he started accusing me that I am nursing ulterior motive in my heart and maybe I want to take over the properties which is blantly lies. I just want to feel ownership of the land too

Please am I overreacting on this issue truly or my husband is planning something behind me ( maybe remarrying)

Madam if you want to buy land in areas why the land will multiply 10 fold in 6 years time, let me know.

Owning your own is the best security you can have. Please forget your husband. That is a minor issue
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Kobojunkie: 5:05pm On Jul 18, 2023
chris51:
Please relax my dear. God gave you three sons and you are talking about wanting your name to be on land purchased by your husband. The land belongs to him the children and the entire. If you have no ulterior motives you should not be bothered.
Tell that lovely tale to the many women out there with sons who later found themselves abandoned in marriage. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by DKM123: 5:05pm On Jul 18, 2023
Shebi when I tell women to make thier own money and plan for thier own future and they should assume that the man's money and properties belongs to the man, people will say no, they are now ONE.

Dey play. Just dey play.

If the Yul's of this world has still not opened your eyes to reality then I pity you. If the man really saw you and ONLY YOU in his forever future he wouldn't even think twice before making the land and house to be owned by both of you knowing that if something happens to him, his family may drag the land from you and the little kids cos the patriarchal CULTURE permits that and the law respects culture. The only way the law can save you is if YOUR NAME also shows OWNERSHIP. Unless ofcourse your boys are already grown adults and can fight back.

Anyway, you had better focus on making money instead of running home to pound yam and make Nsala soup for him while he is busy using his own time to make money to buy things that BELONG TO ONLY HIM

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by piper7(m): 5:07pm On Jul 18, 2023
Here's my opinion. What belongs to your husband is yours obviously. What I think you should ask your husband is "is the land you are buying family property or personal property?" A man bounded by marriage to his wife still the right to have something his own. So if your husband wants the land to be his personal property, then Ma, there's nothing you can do about it.

1 Like

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Tommydare(m): 5:07pm On Jul 18, 2023
Concerned about will when u no know who go first go?
CLATHRIN:

Make him shaa write will, that is the most important for me. As a man, he has to write a will that includes you and his kids.

As I dey, I no fit marry person wey I no fit trust to write her name for will even if say na one plot of land I get.
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by jmoore(m): 5:07pm On Jul 18, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So marriage is afterall a business agreement where each partner buys entitlement through financial contributions made in the union? undecided
Wetin concern marriage and land? Single people can buy land. If ownership of land dey hungry am, make she go buy land.
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by BabaO2: 5:08pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:
I am legally married to this man and we have 3 sons together. Recently he purchased some land which he actually told me about but when I checked the documents of all the land I only saw Mr(his name in full) and not Mr & Mrs (his name and surname) or Mr (his name ) and Mrs (My name ). This really gave me great concern and when I asked him, he told me it doesn't really count because the properties also belong to my children. Later he started accusing me that I am nursing ulterior motive in my heart and maybe I want to take over the properties which is blantly lies. I just want to feel ownership of the land too

Please am I overreacting on this issue truly or my husband is planning something behind me ( maybe remarrying)
He can't process the land title with Mr & mrs
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Kobojunkie: 5:09pm On Jul 18, 2023
jmoore:
■ Wetin concern marriage and land? Single people can buy land. If ownership of land dey hungry am, make she go buy land.
By law, anything acquired during the marriage is considered marriage is considered marital property. Similar in many ways to property acquired by a business. lipsrsealed
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Tommydare(m): 5:10pm On Jul 18, 2023
Una go old...any man who do such a thing na mumu man. If you buy your own land put your name on it shikena.
Ijelenwanyioma:

You are the only one getting my point. Maybe he plan marrying someone else in the future which I won't be part of his properties again
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by jmoore(m): 5:12pm On Jul 18, 2023
Kobojunkie:
By law, anything acquired during the marriage is considered marriage is considered marital property. lipsrsealed

So why is she angry if the law recognizes it as marital property?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by SweetyMarvel00(m): 5:15pm On Jul 18, 2023
Your name does not need to be included, the land belongs to the both of you, you're his dependent. In Nigerian, it is not valid to put the name of both partners as in Mr and Mrs. One name is ok. As long as you're married to him legally, everything he has/buys while the marriage is subsisting also belongs to you. You don't really need to bother yoursel too much.

1 Like

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Tommydare(m): 5:15pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ok nw. For peace to reign buy your own land 95% of men will never agree to such. I bet if you was a man you wouldn't agree to it as well.
Kobojunkie:
You are right to be concerned given that marriage laws in Nigeria remain nothing to write home about. Sadly, since he has already bought the land in his name there may not be much you can do about it. These sort of issues are best addressed beforehand not afterwards. undecided

And please note that your husband's decision to purchase without including your name is not to be blamed on you. You are married to him and are not just some woman leasing his time. undecided
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Dejijossy(m): 5:16pm On Jul 18, 2023
If the money gotten illegitimately, he will even use your name to buy the land, probably your maiden name. Why worrying unnecessarily?
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by GoodRocks: 5:17pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:

e-diiot troll.

I'll urge that man to send you out of his house ASAP. The way you addressed him shows you're only after his sweat.

Is it your land? did you hustle for the money? Abi na your Papa give am Money to purchase the land? That man should send you packing immediately. Your type fit kill her husband to inherit everything

2 Likes

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Xkale1996(m): 5:19pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:

you no get sense
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Xkale1996(m): 5:20pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:

when my dad bought lands my mum name is not der
But why are you angry

You're even calling your husband this man

You must be stupid
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by GoodRocks: 5:20pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:

He bought it with his money. I didn't contribute to it and even when I offered to give him at least a million (just want my money to be part of it) he said I shouldn't worry

Lies lies and lies. You're a notorious troll. Nobody should take this moniker. The op is a troll
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Intergrated: 5:21pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:

Honestly sir I didn't mean any disrespect. I initially addressed him as my husband in the beginning and calling him "this man" is like saying "this my guy" . Atimes he call me "you this woman" at home too. I am sorry please if it sounds disrespectful but he's a man and still my husband
no excuse ma. The land he bought are for your children. It shouldn't be a big deal.
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by GoodRocks: 5:21pm On Jul 18, 2023
Xkale1996:
when my dad bought lands my mum name is not der
But why are you angry

She's troll. Go and check her other Post and she newly registered her account this year just for the main purpose of trolling

2 Likes

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by GoodRocks: 5:22pm On Jul 18, 2023
Xkale1996:
you no get sense

She's a troll bro. Ignore the account.

1 Like

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Bennycollins: 5:23pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:

Yes he is planning to remarry, and then change name on the documents to include that of his new wife.
How did you even arrive at that thought?

Now let me ask you, and answer with your most sincere heart, If you happen to acquire a property now with your own money, would you buy it your husband name or even include him as a co-owner??
99 percent of women will never, but they must be given a sense of belonging in the man's dealings.
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Xkale1996(m): 5:23pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:

He bought it with his money. I didn't contribute to it and even when I offered to give him at least a million (just want my money to be part of it) he said I shouldn't worry
it also belong to you
Don't confront him again about it
If not he will be thinking
You're trying to kill him
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Xkale1996(m): 5:25pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:

You are the only one getting my point. Maybe he plan marrying someone else in the future which I won't be part of his properties again
come my dad bought Many lands
My mum name is not der
But it also belong to her

U no get sense I swear
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by integrity16(m): 5:26pm On Jul 18, 2023
Madam, since you are LEGALLY married to him, ( I mean through the courts) you have no problems. His house is yours should anything happens in the future.
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Kobojunkie: 5:26pm On Jul 18, 2023
jmoore:
■ So why is she angry if the law recognizes it as marital property?
Same reason why you ate here trying to shut her down. You know then Laws can be changed to favor women more if more and more women would speak up. undecided
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Cutehector(m): 5:27pm On Jul 18, 2023
Umu Amusu...

Look at them. Mchew.
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Innobee99(m): 5:28pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:

Sharp man
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by wunmi590(m): 5:28pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:

You don't need to over react on something that doesn't worth it..

Don't let this scatter your marriage, his house is also yours, as long as you are legally married...

I bought a car for my wife in her name, and the land I bought was only in my name, that doesn't mean I don't love her or include her in the scheme of my future plan...

Please apologies to him, and just use style to tell him you are joking, before he will start keeping things from you..

After the apology, settle it on the other room
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by voltront: 5:30pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:

Some people are bent on validating what they have in mind already... yes she is the only one as stupid as you are... to make you happy, that person he is planning on marrying in the future won't have her name on the documents too.
Man use his money to build property again na wahala. Oya divorce and marry a man that will put your name on his head.
Face the real issues of keeping and raising your family well and avoid irrelevances.
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by DJInfluence: 5:31pm On Jul 18, 2023
You called your husband "this man"!
You lost any sympathy from me at that point.
You are legally married, what he has is legally also yours.

Stop listening to the voices that's trying to cause havoc in your home.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Baby Abandoned In The Bush 2 Weeks After Birth Now Named Oluwapelumi / What's It Like To Have Your Wife/husband Cheat On You? / Woman's Husband And Lover Fight Over Paternity Of Her Baby, She Absconds (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.