Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,700 members, 7,831,184 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband (31275 Views)

My Husband No Dey Knack Me Well- Cheating Wife's Confession To Her Pastor(Video) / DNA Test Saga Has Made Some Ladies Reveal Their Secrets ( Pics Included / "I Travelled For 1 Week & My Husband Turned My Kitchen To This" - Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Styluss: 5:32pm On Jul 18, 2023
Okay, thanks, I am a woman grin
07kjb:

You are not a man
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by spokesboy: 5:33pm On Jul 18, 2023
You seem to be shopping aggressively for a bad advice and you will get them soon. Just one response in favour of your pettiness and you are happy to accept it. Please continue but spare Nairalanders of the consequences of your bad decisions and actions. A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE!
Ijelenwanyioma:

You are the only one getting my point. Maybe he plan marrying someone else in the future which I won't be part of his properties again
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by jmoore(m): 5:34pm On Jul 18, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Same reason why you ate here trying to shut her down. You know then Laws can be changed to favor women more if more and more women would speak up. undecided
You said nothing. If the law says such a property is marital property, then no need to be bothered about the name written on it .
Much wailing about nothing.
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Dyfynezz12(m): 5:35pm On Jul 18, 2023
iammo:
sad

You scared your husband... He bought his own property with his own money and he is still alive and you want to claim it

He must be thinking you want to end his life, I am sure he would exclude you from his will

He won't even make you his next of kin

😂😂😂. No mind dy woman
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by kevwemike: 5:36pm On Jul 18, 2023
Maybe u want to kill him if he put ur name
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Kobojunkie: 5:37pm On Jul 18, 2023
jmoore:
■ You said nothing. If the law says such a property is marital property, then no need to be bothered about the name written on it .
Much wailing about nothing.
That the law recognizes it as marital property does not mean the law divides it fairly in the case of dissolution. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:37pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:
I am legally married to this man and we have 3 sons together. Recently he purchased some land which he actually told me about but when I checked the documents of all the land I only saw Mr(his name in full) and not Mr & Mrs (his name and surname) or Mr (his name ) and Mrs (My name ). This really gave me great concern and when I asked him, he told me it doesn't really count because the properties also belong to my children. Later he started accusing me that I am nursing ulterior motive in my heart and maybe I want to take over the properties which is blantly lies. I just want to feel ownership of the land too

Please am I overreacting on this issue truly or my husband is planning something behind me (maybe remarrying)

... unless you contributed to the money used to buy the land, i dont see where the problem is. that is land that your husband bought, and therefore it is in his name. if anything happens in the future, let it be stated that the land was bought with HIS money, not both yours.

and even if he was planning on getting a 2nd wife, you still have claim to a property HE is purchasing.
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Babaprogramme: 5:39pm On Jul 18, 2023
I quite understand your feelings. It is because many people live life of deception. However, you should know your husband much more people you are asking for counsel from. Is he the type of the man you're trying to present? Do you suspect any foul play? Answer to these questions will be of help to you.
Another thing I will like to tell you is to be careful of worry about what is not, it can cost you irreparable damage in your marriage. I don't know if you know that having Mr. & Mrs. .....on the land document does not guarantee that your Mrs. is the one captured by the document. Learn to present your concern logically to your husband, I mean in a way that will not bring any indictment. Trust him if he can be trusted and a responsible type. But if not (just by your judgement) learn to trust yourself and give yourself future without being distributed.
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Dyfynezz12(m): 5:39pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:

You are the only one getting my point. Maybe he plan marrying someone else in the future which I won't be part of his properties again
See as u dy give urself headache,man wey u don born 3 boys give.
Last last na those ur boys go inherit him property and mayb for him old age na u go still enjoy their money pass the man.
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by kenex4ever(m): 5:41pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:

since you are legally married, any other wife after you wont be recognized by law
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by jmoore(m): 5:42pm On Jul 18, 2023
Kobojunkie:
That the law recognizes it as marital property does not mean the law divides said properly fairly in the case of dissolution. undecided
Then contribute money to purchase property.

1 Like

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by mukthar2000(m): 5:44pm On Jul 18, 2023
I don't just know why some women are so selfish and jealous of their kids when it comes to properties issues, forgotten that anything that belong to the kids belonged to them as well.

My wife was once reacted to me this way when I bought a land and use our kid as next of kin while she bought her own land fi b4 my me , still she was asking me why her name was not appeared on he documents and why using our kid as next of kin. Ooooboy since then I learned another lesson from her oo,

Though is good to buy land on ur wife and kids name in case of some bad of bad mother or father in-law that might likely want to clame all their son properties from ur wife forgotten that she has kids to care for when her husband is not more alive.
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Kobojunkie: 5:47pm On Jul 18, 2023
jmoore:
■ Then contribute money to purchase property.
So marriage na business deal after all? undecided

1 Like

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by KIDfurniture(m): 5:48pm On Jul 18, 2023
You re very very ….
What stops you from working hard and having your own land. I will buy only in my name with with the court marriage . I will support my wife when she is ready to build and she can put it in her name only. Who cares

Ijelenwanyioma:
I am legally married to this man and we have 3 sons together. Recently he purchased some land which he actually told me about but when I checked the documents of all the land I only saw Mr(his name in full) and not Mr & Mrs (his name and surname) or Mr (his name ) and Mrs (My name ). This really gave me great concern and when I asked him, he told me it doesn't really count because the properties also belong to my children. Later he started accusing me that I am nursing ulterior motive in my heart and maybe I want to take over the properties which is blantly lies. I just want to feel ownership of the land too

Please am I overreacting on this issue truly or my husband is planning something behind me ( maybe remarrying)
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Rhozabeth(m): 5:49pm On Jul 18, 2023
This is a sign of insecurity. And yes u are overreacting. If it was you that bought it, will you include your husband name in the documents?
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by KIDfurniture(m): 5:49pm On Jul 18, 2023
Be careful oh..

mukthar2000:
I don't just know why some women are so selfish and jealous of their kids when it comes to properties issues, forgotten that anything that belong to the kids belonged to them as well.

My wife was once reacted to me this way when I bought a land and use our kid as next of kin while she bought her own land fi b4 my me , still she was asking me why her name was not appeared on he documents and why using our kid as next of kin. Ooooboy since then I learned another lesson from her oo,

Though is good to buy land on ur wife and kids name in case of some bad of bad mother or father in-law that might likely want to clame all their son properties from ur wife forgotten that she has kids to care for when her husband is not more alive.
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by tooth4tooth: 5:56pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:

He bought it with his money. I didn't contribute to it and even when I offered to give him at least a million (just want my money to be part of it) he said I shouldn't worry
I think you've done some things in the past that's making him feel insecure with you.

It boils down to stinginess, self centeredness , rudeness to mention but few.

1 Like

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by danniekute(m): 6:00pm On Jul 18, 2023
You are a thief!!!
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by cococandy(f): 6:02pm On Jul 18, 2023
A Nigerian woman married to a Nigerian man living in Nigeria and isn’t concerned about dual ownership of family resources is not only naive but irresponsible to herself.

All she needs to do is to come on NL and see how you guys reacted when Yul betrayed his wife of decades long relationship and her brain should reset. If it doesn’t reset, then she’s foolish

jmoore:
You have trust issues.

There is nothing wrong in what your husband did. You did not contribute a kobo for the purchase of the land.

If I am your husband, I will also accuse you of having an ulterior motive.

You claim you have I million and you can't buy a land in a good location with that amount. A village today can become a good location in the next 20 years. If you have money as you claim, go and use it and buy your own land.

My Dad registered all his properties in his own name and my mother never complained about it.

3 Likes

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Armanipounds: 6:03pm On Jul 18, 2023
First question is wether or not your financial proceeds constitute part of the funds for buying the land? If the answer is affirmative, then you have a right to have your name included in the case you both part ways and the marriage cannot stand, the court can help you by reclaiming some part of your stake in the land, but if your answer is negative... Madam you have no cause for action, as your husband acted within his legal right and ambit...

Stop overthinking things
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by qtx(m): 6:03pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:

Please am I overreacting on this issue truly or my husband is planning something behind me ( maybe remarrying)

My dear talk to a lawyer and he/her will convince you that if that document is written with Mr and Mrs lagbaja, if anyone challenges you people in court the person will collect that land from you people. Becuase there is nothing like Mr and Mrs for landed documents in court. You better allow your hubby put them in his name and make you next of kin or put them in your childrens names. Anyway you gain.
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by jurjes(f): 6:03pm On Jul 18, 2023
My husband has never included my name in anything he bought, marriage of close to two decades with three children. I give myself peace by hustling to have my own, no energy for long talk

1 Like

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Saao(m): 6:05pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:

you don't have regards to him and you want him to include your name. Did you contributing in the purchase? You brought nothing but u want to get everything.
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Saao(m): 6:07pm On Jul 18, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Never mind. A Lagos court has already decided on this kind of issue. You both own it. If he dare try to sell it or transfer the ownership without your consent, it is the buyer/beneficiary who will lose his/her money.
Read up on that case https://www.nairaland.com/7708832/lagos-court-grants-wives-equal
He is ignorant of your part ownership of it so just keep watching him. It's not yet time to let him know. For now, let peace reign in your home. Don't let it tear down your heart and home. Just let it go. You already won.
Check my signature for free stuffs!
just the play. Same Lagos they said no one should collect rent more than one year and we currently paying 2 to 3 years.
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Kobojunkie: 6:08pm On Jul 18, 2023
jurjes:
■ My husband has never included my name in anything he bought, marriage of close to two decades with three children. I give myself peace by hustling to have my own, no energy for long talk
Here's an honest question for you to ponder. What is the difference between you and someone who is, say, a sidechick, a gal friend or a babymama living with her babydaddy? undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Hamphat: 6:08pm On Jul 18, 2023
He already knows how you are planning to kill him ma'am 🤐🤐
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by DrFunmisticGlow: 6:10pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:

did you contribute money to the land?
If not, it's his property.

If I were you I would also work hard, get an income and buy properties in my name too.
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by habss: 6:13pm On Jul 18, 2023
I no understand did u contribute any money for the land buying?
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by paskal16: 6:14pm On Jul 18, 2023
Even me sef no go go put my wife’s name
Una be snake….no one knows what really goes on in you women’s minds
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by ejimatic: 6:15pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:

. Your name does not have to be there.However there are clauses in the document that will make the property the inheritance of his wife or wives and all his children when dies at the old age.
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by jmoore(m): 6:15pm On Jul 18, 2023
cococandy:
A Nigerian woman married to a Nigerian man living in Nigeria and isn’t concerned about dual ownership of family resources is not only naive but irresponsible to herself.

All she needs to do is to come on NL and see how you guys reacted when Yul betrayed his wife of decades long relationship and her brain should reset. If it doesn’t reset, then she’s foolish

Who is 'you guys? If I ask you to show me where I supported Yul, you can't.
Enough of the transfer of aggression.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Help: My Grandma Is Missing / What's It Like To Have Your Wife/husband Cheat On You? / Baby Abandoned In The Bush 2 Weeks After Birth Now Named Oluwapelumi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.