Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,770 members, 7,831,476 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband (31283 Views)

My Husband No Dey Knack Me Well- Cheating Wife's Confession To Her Pastor(Video) / DNA Test Saga Has Made Some Ladies Reveal Their Secrets ( Pics Included / "I Travelled For 1 Week & My Husband Turned My Kitchen To This" - Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Gamesmart: 4:34pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:
I am legally married to this man and we have 3 sons together. Recently he purchased some land which he actually told me about but when I checked the documents of all the land I only saw Mr(his name in full) and not Mr & Mrs (his name and surname) or Mr (his name ) and Mrs (My name ). This really gave me great concern and when I asked him, he told me it doesn't really count because the properties also belong to my children. Later he started accusing me that I am nursing ulterior motive in my heart and maybe I want to take over the properties which is blantly lies. I just want to feel ownership of the land too

Please am I overreacting on this issue truly or my husband is planning something behind me ( maybe remarrying)

What proportion of the cost of the land did you pay for?

1 Like

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by bolademi(m): 4:34pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:
I am legally married to this man and we have 3 sons together. Recently he purchased some land which he actually told me about but when I checked the documents of all the land I only saw Mr(his name in full) and not Mr & Mrs (his name and surname) or Mr (his name ) and Mrs (My name ). This really gave me great concern and when I asked him, he told me it doesn't really count because the properties also belong to my children. Later he started accusing me that I am nursing ulterior motive in my heart and maybe I want to take over the properties which is blantly lies. I just want to feel ownership of the land too

Please am I overreacting on this issue truly or my husband is planning something behind me ( maybe remarrying)

If the property is for investment he can use his personal name. If the property is for family use he can use both his name and ur name.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:

If you contributed part of the money for the land then you should worry else you are overreacting to trivial issues

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Kobojunkie: 4:35pm On Jul 18, 2023
ElValiente:
■ I guess this is one of the 19 years pls ladies, that maried after jss 3 or waec exams as posted by Okey Aliyu some times ago. They want to quickly born and be a grandma at 30 too. So they can be doing testimony in the church to peppee others. The monica says it all. Ijelenwanyi. Lol Anambra nwoke. Entitlement nonsense. Calling your husband This man. grin
She want to quickly born? Did she marry herself or what? undecided

1 Like

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by emerged01(m): 4:35pm On Jul 18, 2023
slimjohn2k5:
Your first comment calling your husband 'this man' shows u r overreacting and worry from bad advise.

You have kids, even if your name is not on his will, your kids name are so y worried?

Exactly! Calling her husband this man means a lot is going on in her mind. OP should learn how to control her anger.

The fear of some family members can warrant such thoughts in a woman. I cant blame her for having that kind of thought but there is a better way to go about it. She and her children needs to be protected by all means from dangerous family members in the event of eventuality.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:36pm On Jul 18, 2023
222Martins:

Do you know that if i open a company called Nairaland LTD and buy a N1B property with it. That property cannot be touched in a divorce lawsuit because it doesn't belong to me? You need to go and study corporate Law. That is the same Law Oba Otudeko is using to Outsmart Ecobank.

Assets of 500k and above can be transferred to a Trust, get in touch with United Capital Trustee.

You don't need to have millions or billions

4 Likes

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by ppogba: 4:36pm On Jul 18, 2023
I did not bother to read the epistle.
All I can say is, if indeed you are truly married and decides to bring your marital issue for public discussion on Nairaland, just go and return your marriage certificate because you are not qualified.

1 Like

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Kobojunkie: 4:36pm On Jul 18, 2023
FrancisDiote:
■ If you contributed part of the money for the land then you should worry else you are overreacting to trivial issues
So the marriage na business partnership after all since you believe she is only entitled if she is a contributing partner? undecided

1 Like

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Saintmary(f): 4:36pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:

He bought it with his money. I didn't contribute to it and even when I offered to give him at least a million (just want my money to be part of it) he said I shouldn't worry

Use that your one million to buy your own land.

You can get legit land in either Ogun or Oyo states with that money if you reside in Lagos for proximity sake. Just get people you can trust.

2 Likes

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by 07kjb: 4:36pm On Jul 18, 2023
negaiyke:

From experience, I know that whenever a woman wants to report an issue, she will only tell the part that would draw peoples sympathy...

Look you're an Igbo lady (I guess from your profile name caption).. Any Igbo man knows that you must always add your wife's name to properties, if not, when you gone, in-laws would flex muscles and leave your wife and kids nothing.

Since your case is different, I believe that maybe:
1. You have taught him a lesson from a previous case of joint ownership of properties (maybe you guys bought a car or any items together before that he now regrets doing).
2. You have done same to him before now (you bought something without carrying him along)... you may deny here but in your heart you should know.
3. You may be warming up to people that scares him (say maybe a troublesome in-laws or friends) as such Oga wants to play safe

My recommendation:
1. Land or properties title can be changed or updated any time, just work to build back your husband's trust.
2. Stop or keep away from whatever gave him that scare of including you to his common wealth.

They have three sons together stop saying rubbish

I see this woman scattering her home,I see heart been poisoned

If she doesn't take her heart off from what she shouldn't be worrying about,she is gonna regret her life

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by aigbokiejohnson(m): 4:37pm On Jul 18, 2023
You are actually overreacting. Pls, be calm
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by advanceDNA: 4:37pm On Jul 18, 2023
MrDoGood:

Must the man die before the wife?

I see nothing serious here.

Nearly all women want their husband to die before them......i dont know if its just about getting properties...or its just a case of being free to chop another peniś.....either way...i dont get the mind set.........and i feel its another proof most women dont really love their man......its all transactional for them...

if i love someone dearly...i swear down..i wouldnt want to bear the pain of losing them.. i'd rather go first......

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by CaIImeTrinity: 4:38pm On Jul 18, 2023
1Sharon:
Maybe he believes you're not his family.
stop vomiting rubbish from your dirty mouth you this foolish dumb slowpoke
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by flystrategist: 4:38pm On Jul 18, 2023
Either most of the replies are written by singles, kids or Nigerians in unhealthy marriages. It’s definitely a bad sign for a man to buy a property and not include either his wife or kids name in the document.

I grew up in a home where using the kids name for purchases was a norm, but I opted to always add my wife’s name on purchases and she does the same too.

I’m not saying the man in the question has a bad motive, but what he did is definitely a bad practice “ in my own opinion”

8 Likes

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:39pm On Jul 18, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Two wrongs don't make a right! undecided

Unfortunately all the female textile dealers buying properties in my area are buying in their names.

They are quite flexible with their asset ownership, joint ownership of their primary residence and some investments, then individual ownership by the couples of some assets and Investments. A number of them are actually getting married the third time or more

2 Likes

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Karlifate: 4:41pm On Jul 18, 2023
MrKings1:
SEEMS U DID SOMETHING DATS Y UR SCARED. LOL

IF UR GUD WITH UR HUBBY DAT SHOULDNT BE AN ISSUE.

GO SORT OUT UR SELF.

💯

She neither state whether they've been combining resources before nor mentioned other things the husband has done for in time past.

All of a sudden, land ownership became an issue.

Like WTF man

1 Like

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by DeLaRue: 4:41pm On Jul 18, 2023
Op is right to be concerned.

The husband's action suggests that he feels he needs to protect himself.

Unfortunately, these days, because of the many negative stories we are bombarded with in the media, many men are not 100% certain their wives will be with them forever.

This feeling is rampant but unspoken. Widespread divorce is shaking men's confidence.

If you line up 100 married men, and ask those who believe their wives will NEVER leave them to step aside, you'd be lucky to find 10 men.

20 years ago, that figure may have been 70 out of 100.

Nothing is certain anymore.

I advise the Op to also keep some savings/assets on the side. Anything can happen anytime.

3 Likes

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by jaxxy(m): 4:41pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:

How many things have u bought with ur money or even his money that u have put Mr and Mrs or his name? undecided

Aslong as u didn't contribute to the project u can't demand anything u can only state ur opinion and hope they see reason.

Anything outside that is suspicious.

2 Likes

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Karlifate: 4:42pm On Jul 18, 2023
Holluwhakemmy:
not someone else's own her husband. Thanks

The same "husband" she referred to as "this man"

LMAO! 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Kobojunkie: 4:42pm On Jul 18, 2023
emmanuelewumi:
Unfortunately all the female textile dealers buying properties in my area are buying in their names.
They are quite flexible with their asset ownership, joint ownership of their primary residence and some investments, then individual ownership by the couples of some assets and Investments. A number of them are actually getting married the third time or more
I said what I said with the understanding that OP is likely a full-time housewife who wishes to maintain her current marriage.. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by sebeydiah(m): 4:43pm On Jul 18, 2023
He bought it with is money not your money is not a must or compulsory for him to add ur name on the receipt

It's your character that answers all abeg no good do bad thing to the man because of your selfish jealousy😡

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by mauchiz: 4:43pm On Jul 18, 2023
07kjb:

They have three sons together stop saying rubbish

I see this woman scattering her home,I see heart been poisoned

If she doesn't take her heart off from what she shouldn't be worrying about,she is gonna regret her life

The man might be scared of her, thinking she wants to kill him and possess his property.
Aunty face your lane, just work hard.
Be careful with it, try not to worry your husband about it.
Just put it as an advice to your husband not quarell or making issues about it.
Let this issue stop on nairaland so it will not scatter your home.

3 Likes

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Calitoscassius(m): 4:44pm On Jul 18, 2023
Go buy your own land or property, you are only married to him, you are not his business partner.. grin grin he probarbly has being buying land or properties before he married you. grin

1 Like

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by MTNnews: 4:44pm On Jul 18, 2023
You are the most foolish woman I ever encountered in my life.

Ijelenwanyioma:

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by bukkysam(f): 4:44pm On Jul 18, 2023
Nairaland resemble your husband family house?
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by omoabike: 4:44pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:

He bought it with his money. I didn't contribute to it and even when I offered to give him at least a million (just want my money to be part of it) he said I shouldn't worry
Save your own money and buy a piece of land with it.
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by PepeXKermit: 4:45pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:

Lmao.you want to contribute 10 percent of the total cost of a property so that you can lay claim to it on that amount? Women are funny beings. The man knows through yku, this is why he put you in your place. The properties belong to his kids and not you.

1 Like

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by ppogba: 4:45pm On Jul 18, 2023
222Martins:

Do you know that if i open a company called Nairaland LTD and buy a N1B property with it. That property cannot be touched in a divorce lawsuit because it doesn't belong to me? You need to go and study corporate Law. That is the same Law Oba Otudeko is using to Outsmart Ecobank.

Some of you should be taking your your ignorance mixed with stupidity to your village square so that the accolades you crave will not elude you.

Who told you that it is corporate law that Otudeko is using to outsmart Ecobank?

Do you know the details of the Otudeko/ Ecobank case or you are just forming C Ronaldo from the little pieces you pick in the media?

Perhaps, it will be right to assume that nobody knows anything about corporate law in the whole of Ecobank legal department.

I am not surprised. This is Nairaland.
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by danielandersonj: 4:45pm On Jul 18, 2023
Thief!
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by 07kjb: 4:45pm On Jul 18, 2023
Styluss:
My dad did exactly thesame. He bought 3 plots of land in his name and left my mom out of it. I wasn't even informed as it was none of my business till my mom called to report him. I am the first son, I just called my dad to ask if he has a plan to marry another wife? he said no, and then I advised him to change the name on all the documents for the family's sake and future, it cost him extra 50k but it was done regardless.
I was surprised that he obliged. He even bought a plot for my mom alone recently.
If you have grown-up kids, use them to your advantage.

However, If you have small kids, protect your home first, dont drag what will cause your family chaos. If you are legally married to him, its all for the family.

You are not a man

1 Like

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by austyne22ex(m): 4:46pm On Jul 18, 2023
It is ur insecurities that will end ur marriage...

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Baby Abandoned In The Bush 2 Weeks After Birth Now Named Oluwapelumi / What's It Like To Have Your Wife/husband Cheat On You? / Woman's Husband And Lover Fight Over Paternity Of Her Baby, She Absconds (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.