Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,132 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:36 AM

IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre (54643 Views)

Fuel @617/litre: Residents Desert Roads In States / NNPCL Further Increases Fuel Pump Price Of Petrol / Subsidy Removal: Fuel Pump Price Rises To 800 CFA In Benin Republic – KPMG’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by chidiokay: 12:37pm On Jul 18, 2023
festacman:
It is scary that President Tinubu who had always insisted that he would remove fuel subsidy from his first day in office, had ZERO plan to contain the effects of such removal. And his only reaction is to fall back to Buhari's MYSTERIOUS money transfer to the poor and vulnerable. This doesn't inspire much confidence.

What makes you think he does not have a plan, becos he hasnt being saying much rite !

Plan is not even the major issue here, the biggest problem is "implementation process" that will be "effective"
All along we always have superb/brilliant policies but Implementation is were we always fail becos we don't have a system in place that will guarantee effectiveness.

Covid 19 for instance, palliatives was granted but some people hoard it and we did even know until God decided to expose them.

Whatever the government dole out will it get to the targeted masses, sharing plan is cheap execution/implementation is the major headache in a country like Nigeria
Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by Orderabove(m): 12:38pm On Jul 18, 2023
it will favour me and my families
Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by Streetdoctor: 12:39pm On Jul 18, 2023
festacman:
It is scary that President Tinubu who had always insisted that he would remove fuel subsidy from his first day in office, had ZERO plan to contain the effects of such removal. And his only reaction is to fall back to Buhari's MYSTERIOUS money transfer to the poor and vulnerable. This doesn't inspire much confidence.
Too early to cry, it will favour me and my family
Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jul 18, 2023
It appears these people are just testing the waters and hoping Nigerians will lap it up as usual. Don't overstretch a hungry and angry man o it will backfire. IPMAN be guided.

Contact me for a clean tokunbo 2013 toyota corolla, with complete papers and clearance. Asking price 5.8m. Negotiable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by Shikena(m): 12:40pm On Jul 18, 2023
Leave my people o, we have our own personal definition for everything including free market

airsaylongcome:

In a free market (one without price controls aka subsidies), there is freedom of entry and exit into the market. Why would the government demand that IPMAN be subject to Major markets in a truly free market? Petrol is now a commodity similar to noodles or biscuit and anyone is free to sell at whatever price they deem fit. That's the reality of subsidy removal
Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by airsaylongcome: 12:40pm On Jul 18, 2023
Diligent1:
Nigeria is buying dollars to import these petroleum products which devalue our Naira, our custom officers should braised up and stop the smuggling of these petroleum products to other countries because it is affecting our Naira.

These other countries should also buy dollars to import their petroleum products, Nigerians are suffering.

I don't understand. Do the crossborder sellers (I don't see them as smugglers) sell their inventory below the ₦617 they buy it in Nigeria? How does the cross border selling affect us since subsidy is no longer in play

3 Likes

Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by Shikena(m): 12:42pm On Jul 18, 2023
Message unnecessary.

realestawe:
It appears these people are just testing the waters and hoping Nigerians will lap it up as usual. Don't overstretch a hungry and angry man o it will backfire. IPMAN be guided.

Contact me for a clean tokunbo 2013 toyota corolla, with complete papers and clearance. Asking price 5.8m. Negotiable.

2 Likes

Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by CodeTemplar: 12:43pm On Jul 18, 2023
MadamExcellency:
Nigeria should start transacting in Dollars. If what drives our economy and market hinges on Forex, especially the Dollars, then we should adopt the use of dollars in the payment of salaries to civil servants.
dollar is printed in american and they won't allow you print N1 to $1.
Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by gaby(m): 12:44pm On Jul 18, 2023
lordm:
and where will the government and private firms get the dollar from? Tinubu will be worse than Buhari

And the next one will be worse than Tinubu. Sadly, that is the story of Nigeria.
.I kept telling people in here that the current administration no matter who heads it will make Buhati's administration seem like Obama's they thought I was just yapping.

This isn't a country.

Everyone who comes to head it, soon gets both confused and frustrated, takes his cut, and always in a hurry to hand over after doing his/her two terms.

Just take out time to study the pattern. Every immediate past administration no matter how treacherous is always hailed as best than any current. No be backsliding be that?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by Image123(m): 12:45pm On Jul 18, 2023
festacman:

Zero plans? Be honest na.
Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by anonymous1759(m): 12:45pm On Jul 18, 2023
sam2023:
We will endure till 2027 to vote for any presidential cand that will reverse to status quo. Atiku and obi exclusive bcs they all categorically said they will remove subsidy. And any palliative in nigeria can work bcs of corruption and lack of nationalism./patriotism. How can an ordinary Nigerian benefit from the savings. None. God save is from these calamity

God bless you jare I’m a Batist but I love honesty. ATiku and Obi supporters are criticizing what their principal planed to do is it not hypocrisy? If Obi had won his supporters will still cover his lapses all in the name of “ corruption is fighting back “ same people that supported Emifiele harsh cashless policy asked us to endure for a better Nigeria are crying wolf .
There’s no harder time in the history of Nigeria aside from the civil war than what Nigerians went through by Emifiele in February and this same hypocrites supported him. If BAT fails to live up to expectations I’ll not canvass for him again but I’ll never support ATiku or Obi because they’ve the manifesto preaching subsidy removal .
I want to be optimistic to wish BAT all the best it’s less than two months he took over too early to criticize or praise him .

1 Like

Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by airsaylongcome: 12:46pm On Jul 18, 2023
Shikena:
Leave my people o, we have our own personal definition for everything including free market

Some of the responses here are baffling I swear. All the government apologists were "forcing" the subsidy removal news down our throats with their smokes and mirrors, alleging that it will eventually come down. Which is just bunkum. We don't produce petrol locally so our local price will be subject to international pricing. Even the Autogas/CNG they peddle as being cheap now, when demand for that skyrockets, so too will it's price. Subsidy removal by this government was simply a re-chaneling of funds to new sets of looters

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by Walz001: 12:46pm On Jul 18, 2023
Blackman with blackheads
E go reach everybody soon
Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by Diligent1(f): 12:46pm On Jul 18, 2023
airsaylongcome:

I don't understand. Do the crossborder sellers (I don't see them as smugglers) sell their inventory below the ₦617 they buy it in Nigeria? How does the cross border selling affect us since subsidy is no longer in play
We buy the petrol in dollars which devalue our naira, and they take the petrol to other countries to sell, when we stop buying things in dollars, our naira will regain its value.
Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by lagonovo: 12:47pm On Jul 18, 2023
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Most Nigerians are no different from IPMAN. They capitalise on everything at almost any corner of the country. Yet they come online and start forming holy. Put the loudest ones on
this thread in power today, and watch them blend effortlessly with the current leaders striking deals all over Abuja and beyond without thinking back. That is Naija ja ja ja for you.

Shikena:
Bros, why are you selling your car for 5.8m in this economy? You are overstretching the hungry and angry! That car should not be more than 2.3m. @realestawe be guided lipsrsealed .

3 Likes

Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by gaby(m): 12:48pm On Jul 18, 2023
Shikena:
Don't mind them.

- If we have Obi, we will save a lot of money and invest it in Nigeria Breweries, Guinness, Hero beer, Alcohol distilleries, and many local palm wine businesses.
- The remaining savings we will keep it for Nigerians at Fidelity Bank where Obi's stake in the bank will make sure our money is secure.
- Also, the accrued interests will be invested offshore in Obi's family name, preferably his daughter, as that worked very well in Anambra where we all trust him and his daughter very well.

The entitled Nigerians won't understand this simple and effective model.

Put Obi there and you'll begin to call Tinubu "Albert Einstein".

I told people that the next administration after Bubu's will make Nigerians hail him dem think say na lie.

Whoever comes in after Tinubu will make Nigerians hail Tinubu that is the history and pattern of Nigeria.

It isn't a country but a poorly set up business enterprise by the British.

Scroll up and read my previous comment before this.

You think say Nigeria na country?

Modified:

Sorry, I just saw the sarcasm in your post.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by Acidosis(m): 12:49pm On Jul 18, 2023
It is well.
Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by Quadribabaalagb: 12:49pm On Jul 18, 2023
ColorationMento:
What we see now the current price is a reflective of the world petroleum market forces. I am optimistic that the price would come down but what is the provision to cushion the effect? This is the question the FG has to implement with immediate effects

Optimism in the face of reality, how did we get here..
Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by yemi1504: 12:49pm On Jul 18, 2023
festacman:

Has he ever inspired confidence?
Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by Shikena(m): 12:50pm On Jul 18, 2023
I got you perfectly well. You missed my sarcasm grin

gaby:

Put Obi there and you'll begin to call Tinubu "Albert Einstein".

Scroll up and read my previous comment before this.

You think say Nigeria na country?

Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by 9gerian: 12:50pm On Jul 18, 2023
True to an extent especially since he has demonstrated a measure of frugality that is highly needed. However, managing the federal government is a different ball game talk is free (not just cheap).

Obi may likely suffer complaints about paucity and unavailability of funds, which may overwhelm him eventually.

Intentions are not enough. You need the skill on income generation through public private partnerships, and the foreign policy directions for a reviving an ailing (and not container) economy. Tinubu is currently handling the country like a CEO or CFO who knows the nation needs to survive by staying liquid and profitable first to stabilize the economy before staff welfare takes priority. Hard choice but necessary. Else, the Sri Lanka situation happens suddenly.

mrdharkchild:
Do you know how much Nigeria will make or save if the cost of government is reduced?

That's is what Obi is coming to do, and that's why Owo-mI-Da Entiltled tribe don't want him in.

Continue to suffer the sins of the politicians.
8k palliative will cushion the effect

1 Like

Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by SemperFid: 12:50pm On Jul 18, 2023
ColorationMento:
What we see now the current price is a reflective of the world petroleum market forces. I am optimistic that the price would come down but what is the provision to cushion the effect? This is the question the FG has to implement with immediate effects

That price you see there is affected by both the price of oil and the naira dollar exchange. That unified exchange rate tinubu did will destroy Nigeria totally

2 Likes

Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by Otuegbe: 12:50pm On Jul 18, 2023
Town hall is different from bulabu

1 Like

Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by topron(m): 12:50pm On Jul 18, 2023
This increase in fuel subsidy will favor me and my family
Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by Shikena(m): 12:51pm On Jul 18, 2023
lagonovo:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Most Nigerians are no different from IPMAN. They capitalise on everything at almost any corner of the country. Yet they come online and start forming holy. Put the loudest ones on this thread in power today, and watch them blend effortlessly with the current leaders striking deals all over Abuja and beyond without thinking back. That is Naija ja ja ja for you.

wink cheesy grin cool lipsrsealed angry
Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by Dyfynezz12(m): 12:52pm On Jul 18, 2023
When a new government enters, no matter how bad it might turn out to be it is at least expected that the citizens will enjoy few months of honeymoon from it. But since Tinubu entered it has been from one suffering to another,and he is not upto 2 months in office. Nawaoh!!

1 Like

Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by kunkelhanspeter(m): 12:52pm On Jul 18, 2023
And some APC F🤡🤡L still think it will get better when fuel that everyone use is selling @ 617
How is it going to get better because from my 32 years experience in Nigeria nothing that has done up in price later come down.
Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by edungene7: 12:53pm On Jul 18, 2023
And Labour are still holding consultations with the FG to cushion the effect of subsidy removal Nigeria is gone for good

1 Like

Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by yemi1504: 12:53pm On Jul 18, 2023
Opanka44:
I used to think Tinubu was better than Buhari. But he's worse than Bubu

We already knew that before he came in. How you are just knowing now is surprising.
Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by LagosFirstSon: 12:53pm On Jul 18, 2023
festacman:
See this Tinubu supporter turn wailer

Racoon boss, come and see o 😂😂

Una go see memeh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by Greattha: 12:54pm On Jul 18, 2023
No problem.

Increase away.

Let them go and collect their 8k

Nigerians will survive.😁

1 Like

Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by yemi1504: 12:54pm On Jul 18, 2023
VenExchangee:
grin
Una never see anything

Abi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lifeless Body Of Aaron Douye Audu, A PDP Agent Killed By Thugs In Bayelsa(pics / Muhammadu Buhari’s United States Visit Will Cost Nigeria, N2.2billion. / Church Of Satan Reacts To ''Satanic Plot'' To Remove CJN Onnoghen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.