Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,473 members, 7,812,463 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre (54653 Views)

Fuel @617/litre: Residents Desert Roads In States / NNPCL Further Increases Fuel Pump Price Of Petrol / Subsidy Removal: Fuel Pump Price Rises To 800 CFA In Benin Republic – KPMG’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by Ibadan3310: 1:30pm On Jul 18, 2023
Paint of garri now 1600 #TINUBU DE PLAY
Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by jaxxy(m): 1:31pm On Jul 18, 2023
Hmmm this is not how to remove Subsidy ooo
Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by SirLakes: 1:33pm On Jul 18, 2023
Yoruba ronu are not affected.....we meuvvv grin grin

1 Like

Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by onyxo76(m): 1:33pm On Jul 18, 2023
topron:
This increase in fuel subsidy will favor me and my family
which fuel subsidy again? you dey this country so?

1 Like

Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by Poske95(m): 1:36pm On Jul 18, 2023
MadamExcellency:
Nigeria should start transacting in Dollars. If what drives our economy and market hinges on Forex, especially the Dollars, then we should adopt the use of dollars in the payment of salaries to civil servants.

Exactly....and why are the damn economists quiet when what we are seeing is the impoverishment of the mass who put the wealth together.
Last week, I told the onion seller at Oyingbo market that it's because we don't want to let the true market forces take it's full effect.
IA perishable item without any added value - from farm to market is made to cost so much.
Are the prices not dropping...?!
Why....?!
Drop in demand.......!!!!!
So easy......
Let Govt. secure and properly police the land....leave the rest to us
Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by Deefirm: 1:37pm On Jul 18, 2023
It baffles me that people still reason the way you reason, NNPC mega station are what? Can't you see the prices on their meter? Ode!!!

Okealaaye:
It's time Government took a strong stand against the shenanigans of this so-called IPMAN. Get them registered under the Major Marketers as subordinates at once. Things were not done this way when we're growing up. Nothing like Independent Marketers then, yet everyone moved around smoothly. Why should a human organisation albeit a sadistic one, seasonally hold the rest of us in bondage? We must call a truce with Reason at once.
Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by airsaylongcome: 1:37pm On Jul 18, 2023
nedekid:

Who told you we export nothing? We export oil, gas etc.
Go to just rite, shoprite and you will see 80% of products there are locally manufactured. Go all over west Africa an see Nigerian goods. All over Europe, UK, usa, enter shops and see Nigerian made products.
If you have been to turkey, I bet you won't say their economy is in shambles.

Please name some of these so-called locally manufactured products. Is it Indomie that requires wheat from Ukraine? Or Milo that Nestlé imports raw materials for? And for these so-called "locally manufactured" products how many imported products are cheaper? Toothpaste made in China and imported to Nigeria is cheaper than toothpaste "Made in Nigeria".

And for Turkey, fine country doesn't mean good economy. Inflation wants to kill them, rent in Istanbul has gone up by 257% let's not even talk about the cost of food and all.

3 Likes

Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by airsaylongcome: 1:39pm On Jul 18, 2023
Diligent1:

These countries you mentioned, I don't think they buy goods from other countries through dollars and the goods are smuggled to other countries.
I want you to know that when you are buying dollars, you pay some charges.

I'm not sure I understand your economics. Or tey line of your thoughts
Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by Microwhy: 1:39pm On Jul 18, 2023
festacman:
It is scary that President Tinubu who had always insisted that he would remove fuel subsidy from his first day in office, had ZERO plan to contain the effects of such removal. And his only reaction is to fall back to Buhari's MYSTERIOUS money transfer to the poor and vulnerable. This doesn't inspire much confidence.
You're 100% very correct.. that was the discussion on my way to office today.
Cash transfer shows Tinubu is not actually prepare to cushion the effect of his harsh economic policies. I'm Batified but hopes is fading as regards his palliative plans.

1 Like

Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by Greystone: 1:42pm On Jul 18, 2023
IPMAN or whatever u call ursef…

Your Fada

Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by gaby(m): 1:46pm On Jul 18, 2023
Shikena:
I got you perfectly well. You missed my sarcasm grin

Lol...i just got it...

1 Like

Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by thedio(m): 1:46pm On Jul 18, 2023
Dotherightthing:
Makes sense!

Local production must start ASAP

Dangote, where are you
And u think Dangote will solve the prob....dey play... last time I checked Dangote increases the price of cement whenever naira fall

3 Likes

Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by tofolo(m): 1:47pm On Jul 18, 2023
MadamExcellency:
Nigeria should start transacting in Dollars. If what drives our economy and market hinges on Forex, especially the Dollars, then we should adopt the use of dollars in the payment of salaries to civil servants.
minimum wage is 30k the dollar as at today is about 830 divide 30k by 830 you get $36.1 as salary, the best way is to increase minimum wage.
Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by LLSAINT(m): 1:56pm On Jul 18, 2023
100% on point

festacman:
It is scary that President Tinubu who had always insisted that he would remove fuel subsidy from his first day in office, had ZERO plan to contain the effects of such removal. And his only reaction is to fall back to Buhari's MYSTERIOUS money transfer to the poor and vulnerable. This doesn't inspire much confidence.
Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by obrian888: 1:58pm On Jul 18, 2023
When we were telling them before Feb 25th they say we are talking nonsense, okay let them cope with the pressing economy, how do you expect a known dru8g dealer, one of the most dangerous human being called politician, rule a State and became one of the richest politician in our history, rule without hardship. let us get ready because more suffering is coming, Lagos in particular that a bus will load from Ojodu Berger to VI AT N500 in the morning and after close of work the price changes to N700 or if there is rain fall, price changes immediately. Lagosian who want to kill everybody except they vote for their candidate, oya o make una continue to stand on his manhood.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jul 18, 2023
Shikena:
Bros, why are you selling your car for 5.8m in this economy? You are overstretching the hungry and angry! That car should not be more than 2.3m. @realestawe be guided lipsrsealed .

For the record I'm not a man. That car as of 2020 was 3.3m with clearance. The honest truth is that there are people who are willing and able to afford it and also its negotiable ok? Why are you yelling at me as if I'm IPMAN that jacked up prices?

1 Like

Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by jubrilELsudan: 2:00pm On Jul 18, 2023
TINUBU KILL US OOOOOO.....WE ARE YOUR MOSQUITO

Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by Jeffyblaq(m): 2:03pm On Jul 18, 2023
There have been a serious protest on-going in Kenya at the moment for a week now Just cos of hike of food prices...

The masses gat no option than to burst everywhere..

Insensitive governance of the worst order.

Itz very pathetic 😔

1 Like

Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by maasoap(m): 2:04pm On Jul 18, 2023
nairalanda1:
Well, the 50 years of protection from the actual price of petrol is over.
It shouldn't because all other nations producing crude oil are still subsidising for their citizens. We're simply paying the price of corruption in Nigeria.
Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by Nteogwuija(m): 2:09pm On Jul 18, 2023
Davidtalo121:
That's probably why they're thinking of×6 of the minimum wage. Not bad tbh. If it gets passed. All eyes on soludo now

You guys sound selfish and myopic whenever you talk about increasing minimum wage. The civil service in Nigeria accounts for less than 5% of our population.

What happens to the rest of the population?

2 Likes

Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by maasoap(m): 2:10pm On Jul 18, 2023
obrian888:
When we were telling them before Feb 25th they say we are talking nonsense, okay let them cope with the pressing economy, how do you expect a known dru8g dealer, one of the most dangerous human being called politician, rule a State and became one of the richest politician in our history, rule without hardship. let us get ready because more suffering is coming, Lagos in particular that a bus will load from Ojodu Berger to VI AT N500 in the morning and after close of work the price changes to N700 or if there is rain fall, price changes immediately. Lagosian who want to kill everybody except they vote for their candidate, oya o make una continue to stand on his manhood.

I don't understand why many of you keep saying this nonsense at all. Tell me any of the three leading presidential candidates who didn't vow to remove petrol subsidy? Politics time is over, let's talk governance

2 Likes

Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by ojonugba2014(m): 2:15pm On Jul 18, 2023
This is just the beginning.
God ABEG let this government favour me and my family

1 Like

Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by mp3ree: 2:18pm On Jul 18, 2023
Okealaaye:
It's time Government took a strong stand against the shenanigans of this so-called IPMAN. Get them registered under the Major Marketers as subordinates at once. Things were not done this way when we're growing up. Nothing like Independent Marketers then, yet everyone moved around smoothly. Why should a human organisation albeit a sadistic one, seasonally hold the rest of us in bondage? We must call a truce with Reason at once.

They more of a cartel

1 Like

Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by WHITELIGHTER: 2:19pm On Jul 18, 2023
gassbee:
I tot they said d price wil soon start dropping

It's dropping upwards

1 Like

Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by Folzye(m): 2:21pm On Jul 18, 2023
This is just the beginning, e still dey go #1000 per litre grin

1 Like

Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by samwillyco1(m): 2:31pm On Jul 18, 2023
BAT said it before, that he was going to start from where PMB stopped and some people went on to vote for him. Now everybody is complaining apart from few politicians, suffer no dey tire Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by bonnyhope: 2:31pm On Jul 18, 2023
Reference:
I hope folks will not begin to break into parked cars to steal fuel.

If the car get furl abi
Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by brainhgeek(m): 2:32pm On Jul 18, 2023
Raise the pump price to #1000/liter, we don't care as long as no as you make the minimum wage #100,000
Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by enemyofprogress: 2:34pm On Jul 18, 2023
Asiwaju has finally solved Nigeria's traffic problem, especially that of Lagos traffic!

3 Likes

Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by bdon123(m): 2:35pm On Jul 18, 2023
nairalanda1:
Well, the 50 years of protection from the actual price of petrol is over.
Its over,tank God i can afford to pay 630...d only problem now all my relations wey no go let me rest due to xtreme hunger in d land.its well

1 Like

Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by nairalanda1(m): 2:38pm On Jul 18, 2023
bdon123:

Its over,tank God i can afford to pay 630...d only problem now all my relations wey no go let me rest due to xtreme hunger in d land.its well

The thing is, it is either we choose the torture of a thousand screams, or we delay till the torture of a million screams catches up with us.

And to be honest, I really want there to be a subsidy, I would love it if we could give fuel at N30 per liter to people earning less than N30000 per liter and allow them have an allowance of 50 liters of free fuel. I really really wish we could...but we are not at a point where we can.

Yesterday we spent on subsides like there was no tomorrow...now the bill has come in.

2 Likes

Re: IPMAN Gives Reasons For Increase In Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎617 Per Litre by Eriokanmi: 2:39pm On Jul 18, 2023
festacman:
That's a good example of putting the cart ahead of the horse. He's told his followers that he wanted to fulfill his lifetime ambition of being president. This is different from being a leader. No leader wouid allow hus followers to suffer . I warned them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Where Is Nigeria's President, Muhammadu Buhari? - BBC / Muhammadu Buhari’s United States Visit Will Cost Nigeria, N2.2billion. / El-Rufai's Son Shares Photo Of His Father And Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.