Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,062 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

Should The South East Be Allowed To Leave? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should The South East Be Allowed To Leave? (3007 Views)

Should South East Be Annexed To Cameroon? / Why Fulani Herdsmen Must Be Allowed To Live Anywhere – Senator Uzodinma / Fayemi: "Fayose Will Only Be Allowed To Vote On Election Day & Go Back" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should The South East Be Allowed To Leave? by Nobody: 10:34am On Jul 19, 2023
AfricanColumbus:

Ok boss
my point is...let's keep information on this topic accurate. It might be hard but it helps our cause.
For instance you said our GDP is 49 billion. If our population is 30 million as you also said, then how's our per capita GNI 3000?
Little issues like this are being observed by people
Re: Should The South East Be Allowed To Leave? by AfricanColumbus: 10:37am On Jul 19, 2023
Razgas:
my point is...let's keep information on this topic accurate. It might be hard but it helps our cause.
For instance you said our GDP is 49 billion. If our population is 30 million as you also said, then how's our per capita GNI 3000?

You didn't read the details properly. If it doubles, check it against a population of 30 million.

You quickly react without crosschecking.
Re: Should The South East Be Allowed To Leave? by Wahabfuture: 11:02am On Jul 19, 2023
Razgas:

When you finish your gibberish don’t forget to close the thread, both of you are not Igbos. Be proud of your origin
Re: Should The South East Be Allowed To Leave? by Nobody: 11:03am On Jul 19, 2023
AfricanColumbus:

You didn't read the details properly. If it doubles, check it against a population of 30 million.

You quickly react without crosschecking.
but why would you talk about it doubling? Do countries double their GDP over a few years? Except a country experiencing an economic miracle. If it doubles, would our population still be static?
These are my points. I believe they are simple and straightforward
Re: Should The South East Be Allowed To Leave? by Wahabfuture: 11:08am On Jul 19, 2023
You mean Ewedu your country grin cheesy
Re: Should The South East Be Allowed To Leave? by AfricanColumbus: 11:14am On Jul 19, 2023
Razgas:
but why would you talk about it doubling? Do countries double their GDP over a few years? Except a country experiencing an economic miracle. If it doubles, would our population still be static?
These are my points. I believe they are simple and straightforward

You said the GNI was wrong before cheesy

Why won't the GDP double? The GDP of the current Southeast states cannot remain at 49 billion if it becomes a country. There would be local production immediately. There will be movement of businesses, industries etc to the Southeast.

Don't you realise most of the Southeast economy is actually outside the Southeast? Many of these businesses will move back. How can the Southeast economy remain static at the declaration of the region as a country of its own? That's impossible.
Re: Should The South East Be Allowed To Leave? by Saltinny: 11:16am On Jul 19, 2023
Wahabfuture:
You mean Ewedu your country grin cheesy

Both of them are Intellectual foolish
Allow them to continue fooling themselves, we are waiting for them to come implement it, 🤣🤣🤣
Re: Should The South East Be Allowed To Leave? by Wahabfuture: 11:30am On Jul 19, 2023
Saltinny:

Both of them are Intellectual foolish
Allow them to continue fooling themselves, we are waiting for them to come implement it, 🤣🤣🤣

Please leave the two market women from Ewedu region to continue with their masturbation.
Re: Should The South East Be Allowed To Leave? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jul 19, 2023
AfricanColumbus:

You said the GNI was wrong before cheesy

Why won't the GDP double? The GDP of the current Southeast states cannot remain at 49 billion if it becomes a country. There would be local production immediately. There will be movement of businesses, industries etc to the Southeast.

Don't you realise most of the Southeast economy is actually outside the Southeast? Many of these businesses will move back. How can the Southeast economy remain static at the declaration of the region as a country of its own? That's impossible.
it would grow I agree. But doubling is another matter. Anyway let's leave it. Most of the other stuff in your post I agree...my issue is just the population.
We neither need nor have too much population
Re: Should The South East Be Allowed To Leave? by ba7man(m): 1:02pm On Jul 19, 2023
Rikkely:

I keep telling people If Igbos leave, Nigeria will never remain the same again, there's no much difference between Yorubas and core North
Why are you trying to convince people of your relevance?? We see you as parasites no matter whatever you say.

Go!!!..... Nobody seems to like you guys globally no matter whatever you think or say you are.

2 Likes

Re: Should The South East Be Allowed To Leave? by deji17: 1:03pm On Jul 19, 2023
Yes!
Re: Should The South East Be Allowed To Leave? by DomPerignon: 1:12pm On Jul 19, 2023
spearman:
Hmmm... that Ibo passport... eh.
E get why.
Ibos can never leave Nigeria voluntarily. That is why they draw a crazy and impossible map of Biafra with Niger Delta hallucination.
Las las, Ibos will have to be expelled from Nigeria. Even at that they will still refuse to go. No shame. No pride. No confidence.

Ojukwu declared Biafra because Gowon carved out old Rivers and old Cross River from it.

Ibos had already done the unthinkable on Jan 15, 1966 to prevent these aforementioned regions from leaving the old eastern region.

Ibo man will shamelessly beg to remain in Nigeria than be expelled with their five Ibo states.

1 Like

Re: Should The South East Be Allowed To Leave? by AfricanColumbus: 1:26pm On Jul 19, 2023
Razgas:
it would grow I agree. But doubling is another matter. Anyway let's leave it. Most of the other stuff in your post I agree...my issue is just the population.
We neither need nor have too much population

Okay. You have given good points.
Re: Should The South East Be Allowed To Leave? by AfricanColumbus: 1:27pm On Jul 19, 2023
deji17:
Yes!

Can the Southeast survive on its own?
Re: Should The South East Be Allowed To Leave? by DomPerignon: 1:30pm On Jul 19, 2023
When the SE is expelled do you think they can sustain any of the HDI you mentioned ?

For one, they won't be able to sustain their import based business model as the Biafran central bank will not have Forex flows to support such imports. Then when you consider that they won't have access to Nigerian market this spells doom for their business model.

What of food imports from Nigeria?

Biafra will have to pay in either naira or dollars. Nigeria will not accept useless Biafran fiat currency.

What of infrastructure ? Most of the gains they enjoy from this is either through direct federal govt funded projects or in the case of state projects, subventions from the federal govt.

The only Forex flow into Biafra will be from diaspora remmitance and it will be looted and the Biafran currency devalued and debased to hide this .

Biafra will be a shit hole and descend to unimaginable chaos, anarchy and degradation .

The UN food agency as well as other relief groups will be the major source of food and medicine in Biafra.

1 Like

Re: Should The South East Be Allowed To Leave? by DomPerignon: 1:31pm On Jul 19, 2023
AfricanColumbus:

Can the Southeast survive on its own?

See my post above.

You still believe you will get access to Nigerian markets and Forex flow coupled with federal subvention.

Remove all these first and pounder how your Biafra will look like.
Re: Should The South East Be Allowed To Leave? by orisa37: 2:14pm On Jul 19, 2023
NO. UNTIL THEY DO THINGS THE RIGHT WAY. MEANWHILE ADOPT FAPRES FOTCS AND CTC FOCS TRFG AND WE OBSERVE THEIR PERFORMANCES.
Re: Should The South East Be Allowed To Leave? by AfricanColumbus: 4:06pm On Jul 19, 2023
DomPerignon:

See my post above.

You still believe you will get access to Nigerian markets and Forex flow coupled with federal subvention.

Remove all these first and pounder how your Biafra will look like.

The Southeast should go
Re: Should The South East Be Allowed To Leave? by AfricanColumbus: 4:12pm On Jul 19, 2023
DomPerignon:
When the SE is expelled do you think they can sustain any of the HDI you mentioned ?

For one, they won't be able to sustain their import based business model as the Biafran central bank will not have Forex flows to support such imports. Then when you consider that they won't have access to Nigerian market this spells doom for their business model.

What of food imports from Nigeria?

Biafra will have to pay in either naira or dollars. Nigeria will not accept useless Biafran fiat currency.

What of infrastructure ? Most of the gains they enjoy from this is either through direct federal govt funded projects or in the case of state projects, subventions from the federal govt.

The only Forex flow into Biafra will be from diaspora remmitance and it will be looted and the Biafran currency devalued and debased to hide this .

Biafra will be a shit hole and descend to unimaginable chaos, anarchy and degradation .

The UN food agency as well as other relief groups will be the major source of food and medicine in Biafra.

The HDI will increase if the educated Southeast population in other regions leave to Biafra.

The FG does not import on behalf of the Southeast businesses. The Southeast busineses have enough forex for their businesses.

This is not a point. There are means of currency exchange everywhere.

The FG has little infrastructural investment in the Southeast.

Businesses get forex remittance from abroad directly without government involvement.
Re: Should The South East Be Allowed To Leave? by DomPerignon: 4:14pm On Jul 19, 2023
AfricanColumbus:

The HDI will increase if the educated Southeast population in other regions leave to Biafra.

The FG does not import on behalf of the Southeast businesses. The Southeast busineses have enough forex for their businesses.

This is not a point. There are means of currency exchange everywhere.

The FG has little infrastructural investment in the Southeast.

Businesses get forex remittance from abroad directly without government involvement.

You are dreaming.

You think FG will continue subsidizing your region ?

All those FG and state projects that were built with loans, you think FG will continue paying for them ?

You don't even know why so many Nigerians who hate your ass are now clamouring for your Biafra .

1 Like

Re: Should The South East Be Allowed To Leave? by AfricanColumbus: 4:16pm On Jul 19, 2023
DomPerignon:

You are dreaming.

You think FG will continue subsidizing your region ?

All those FG and state projects that were built with loans, you think FG will continue paying for them ?

You don't even know why so many Nigerians who hate your ass are now clamouring for your Biafra .

What FG projects? The Second Niger bridge?

Biafra can handle its ongoing state projects.

1 Like

Re: Should The South East Be Allowed To Leave? by XAUBulls: 4:19am On Jul 24, 2023
spearman:
Hmmm... that Ibo passport... eh.
E get why.
Ibos can never leave Nigeria voluntarily. That is why they draw a crazy and impossible map of Biafra with Niger Delta hallucination.
Las las, Ibos will have to be expelled from Nigeria. Even at that they will still refuse to go. No shame. No pride. No confidence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should The South East Be Allowed To Leave? by XAUBulls: 4:22am On Jul 24, 2023
Rikkely:

You want to leave your fellow Igbos to those evil people? there are Igbos in 13 state of Nigeria, let's return 1% Igalas in Anambra and my state Enugu, they are not up to more than 1 village in Enugu state.
Re: Should The South East Be Allowed To Leave? by udemzeus(m): 8:58am On Nov 03, 2023
Who ever wrote this trash is a fool, do you know that all the gas that Nigerian and Africa needs to become industrialize is in the SE, Coal and many others lies in the SE Limestone. IN fact the SE will eventually supply electricity to Nigeria, una dey craze

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

These 3 Men Are Undisputed Political Lords Of Igbo Land & The Most Popular / Yinka Craig Is Dead! / Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon (big Grammar Parliamentarian) Speaks With Sahara Reporte

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.