Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,265 members, 7,815,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Should The South East Be Allowed To Leave? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should The South East Be Allowed To Leave? (3013 Views)

Should South East Be Annexed To Cameroon? / Why Fulani Herdsmen Must Be Allowed To Live Anywhere – Senator Uzodinma / Fayemi: "Fayose Will Only Be Allowed To Vote On Election Day & Go Back" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should The South East Be Allowed To Leave? by Nobody: 12:29am On Jul 19, 2023
AfricanColumbus:

The Igbo population may be double what you project. You underestimate the population. But it is not a problem. As you said, there are empty lands to develop good residential areas. It's very doable.
I underestimate nothing. If anything I have over estimated it with the 25 million.
Most of our people don't realise what 1 million is. If you visit new York, you will see people. Yet they are all less than 9 million people. If it were Nigeria, the gov of new York will tell you NYC has 20 million people. I have flown over Nigeria many times on plane and I keep asking myself the same question every dawn time. Where are the 200 million people living!
If you fly, all you will see is thick bushes and a few towns. Our population is overbloated because of oil sharing formula. Our actual population that would be in line with our 1953 census by the British and in line with the growth rate of other African countries will be 150 million.

Igbos in Nigeria are said to be 18% and that includes igbos in Niger Delta. 18% of 150 million is 27 million. Minus the igbos of Niger Delta and you get around 24 or 25 million for South east.
Re: Should The South East Be Allowed To Leave? by Nobody: 12:31am On Jul 19, 2023
Rikkely:

Return all Igbo land to us and take your Igala land in Anambra and take one village from Kogi state in Enugu state, why are you so cunny? must we be in the same country together?
simple minded people like you should not be in these types of conversations. Cheers
Re: Should The South East Be Allowed To Leave? by AfricanColumbus: 12:45am On Jul 19, 2023
Razgas:
I underestimate nothing. If anything I have over estimated it with the 25 million.
Most of our people don't realise what 1 million is. If you visit new York, you will see people. Yet they are all less than 9 million people. If it were Nigeria, the gov of new York will tell you NYC has 20 million people. I have flown over Nigeria many times on plane and I keep asking myself the same question every dawn time. Where are the 200 million people living!
If you fly, all you will see is thick bushes and a few towns. Our population is overbloated because of oil sharing formula. Our actual population that would be in line with our 1953 census by the British and in line with the growth rate of other African countries will be 150 million.

Igbos in Nigeria are said to be 18% and that includes igbos in Niger Delta. 18% of 150 million is 27 million. Minus the igbos of Niger Delta and you get around 24 or 25 million for South east.

If Nigeria is 150 million, the Igbos can never be 25 million in that population. The 18% measure is bogus.
Re: Should The South East Be Allowed To Leave? by Rikkely: 12:51am On Jul 19, 2023
Razgas:
simple minded people like you should not be in these types of conversations. Cheers

serious minded people like you, what have you archived other than making fool of yourself here with everyday stupid articulation grin
Going though your profile i realize you want to compete with Wole Soyinka, I hope your family have not wasted their money on you
Re: Should The South East Be Allowed To Leave? by Nobody: 12:53am On Jul 19, 2023
AfricanColumbus:

If Nigeria is 150 million, the Igbos can never be 25 million in that population. The 18% measure is bogus.
I don't think so.
Most igbos marry in their 30s and these days, stop at 4 kids max. Have I lied?
More hausa and yoruba marry in their 20s and in the case of their Muslims, marry more than once. Have I lied?

Besides, what is our people's obsession with large population? I need to know this. Do you think a Qatari or Emirati will want a larger population in their country?

Re: Should The South East Be Allowed To Leave? by Rikkely: 12:54am On Jul 19, 2023
Razgas:
I don't think so.
More hausa and yoruba marry in their 20s and in the case of their Muslims, marry more than once. Have I lied?

Besides, what is our people's obsession with large population? I need to know this. Do you think a Qatari or Emirati will want a larger population in their country?

I married in my early 20's fool
Fool stop talking what you know nothing about, talk about your family
Re: Should The South East Be Allowed To Leave? by AfricanColumbus: 12:57am On Jul 19, 2023
Razgas:
I don't think so.

No obsession. Just stating facts.

Those percentages are bogus.
Re: Should The South East Be Allowed To Leave? by Rikkely: 1:00am On Jul 19, 2023
AfricanColumbus:

Both of you are kid and sick in the head, read again that nonsense both you wrote there, you think Igbos are in your fathers age by marring at age of close to 50 years, una dey sick for head
Re: Should The South East Be Allowed To Leave? by Nobody: 1:01am On Jul 19, 2023
AfricanColumbus:

we can state those 'facts' when demanding more from the Nigerian state not when discussing how Biafra can work. Those 'facts' are the reason why our people are not yet on board with a south east only Biafran State. They do not realise what we have. Gas, right population, right land mass, access to river ports etc. That's the facts we want in these types of discussions not tales of how we are larger than Spain in population.
Re: Should The South East Be Allowed To Leave? by Rikkely: 1:03am On Jul 19, 2023
AfricanColumbus:

Those percentages are bogus.

Two useless fools
Re: Should The South East Be Allowed To Leave? by Igboid: 1:04am On Jul 19, 2023
Razgas:
I don't think so.

You haven't looked at it from another angle.
Yorubas and Hausas marry early when they don't have financial muscle.
End result is that they lose lots of children to childhood diseases that money for medical care could have prevented.
The Igbo marry late, but he had built solid financial foundation and could see his children through healthcare challenges and raise them to adulthood.
Niger Republic, Chad and co have Islam and polygamy too, yet those countries are scantly populated. Incase you bring up desert factor, Gambia is an Islamic country too, with polygamy and all, yet not well populated.

Having polygamy and too many kids, doesn't translate to having enough Adults in the end.

3 Likes

Re: Should The South East Be Allowed To Leave? by Rikkely: 1:05am On Jul 19, 2023
Razgas:
we can state those 'facts' when demanding more from the Nigerian state not when discussing how Biafra can work. Those 'facts' are the reason why our people are not yet on board with a south east only Biafran State. They do not realise what we have. Gas, right population, right land mass, access to river ports etc. That's the facts we want in these types of discussions not tales of how we are larger than Spain in population.

Take your time to listen to yourself again, are you making any sense? no Igbo man or woman will listen to your stupidity
Re: Should The South East Be Allowed To Leave? by Rikkely: 1:07am On Jul 19, 2023
Igboid:

End result is that they lose lots of children to childhood diseases that money for medical care could have prevented.
The Igbo marry late, but he had built solid financial foundation and could see his children through healthcare challenges and raise them to adulthood.

Why are you making sense with that lost child? even now it has changes, you are talking of early 90's
Re: Should The South East Be Allowed To Leave? by Rikkely: 1:24am On Jul 19, 2023
Igboid:

Niger Republic, Chad and co have Islam and polygamy too, yet those countries are scantly populated. Incase you bring up desert factor, Gambia is an Islamic country too, with polygamy and all, yet not well populated.

Having polygamy and too many kids, doesn't translate to having enough Adults in the end.

Two of them are not Igbos but useless yorubas or hausas, I will be watching for his next thread, he will collect beyond expected
Re: Should The South East Be Allowed To Leave? by Wahabfuture: 1:49am On Jul 19, 2023
Razgas:

You are a big fool for making that statement, are you alright?
Re: Should The South East Be Allowed To Leave? by Nobody: 1:58am On Jul 19, 2023
Igboid:

OK so what do you reckon is the percentage population of the three major tribes
Re: Should The South East Be Allowed To Leave? by PaellaPaella: 1:59am On Jul 19, 2023
Razgas:
I don't think so.

Dude I am beginning to think you have mental issues, what is your problem with figures? are you coursed with counting numbers?
Re: Should The South East Be Allowed To Leave? by PaellaPaella: 2:01am On Jul 19, 2023
Razgas:
OK so what do you reckon is the percentage population of the three major tribes

Stop making a fool of yourself educated illiterate
Re: Should The South East Be Allowed To Leave? by Nobody: 2:17am On Jul 19, 2023
iammo:
cool

Foolishness at it's peak... Abeg leave and stop making noise

IGR least after NorthEast
Most underdeveloped
No Sea Port
Economic migrants to other region

if you know how uneducated you guys sound whenever you mention IGR.
That's tax!

1 Like

Re: Should The South East Be Allowed To Leave? by PaellaPaella: 2:21am On Jul 19, 2023
Razgas:
That's tax!

Illiterate stop disgracing your lineage here, what is your problem?
Re: Should The South East Be Allowed To Leave? by PaellaPaella: 2:26am On Jul 19, 2023
Razgas:
That's tax!

You sound very educated whenever you mention IGR, Fool you will never prosper in your life
Re: Should The South East Be Allowed To Leave? by Wutinky: 2:35am On Jul 19, 2023
Razgas:
That's tax!

Foolish man, read your comment again or are you drunk today?
Re: Should The South East Be Allowed To Leave? by Wutinky: 2:45am On Jul 19, 2023
Igboid:

The guy you quote is not an Igbo person, that is honest truth
Re: Should The South East Be Allowed To Leave? by BabaRamota1980: 2:53am On Jul 19, 2023
I thought voted yes already, but I just discovered I hadnt.

YES
YES
YES

I dont like the word "allow". I prefer "kick". They should be "kicked" out.
Re: Should The South East Be Allowed To Leave? by Wutinky: 2:58am On Jul 19, 2023
BabaRamota1980:

YES
YES
YES

Like how they kicked you out in Ilorin you ancestral land? slaves grin grin

1 Like

Re: Should The South East Be Allowed To Leave? by Wutinky: 3:02am On Jul 19, 2023
BabaRamota1980:

YES
YES
YES

Soyinka has been warned to stay out of northern problem respect your host oooo grin grin
Re: Should The South East Be Allowed To Leave? by AfricanColumbus: 8:05am On Jul 19, 2023
Razgas:

Lies are preferable so the Southeast can "hide" her potentials?
Re: Should The South East Be Allowed To Leave? by AfricanColumbus: 8:07am On Jul 19, 2023
BabaRamota1980:

YES
YES
YES

The Southeast will not be kicked out. A mutually agreed separation is better.
Re: Should The South East Be Allowed To Leave? by Nobody: 8:30am On Jul 19, 2023
AfricanColumbus:

Lies are preferable so the Southeast can "hide" her potentials?

1. Over population is not a potential.
2. Our last census in 2006 said we are 16.2 million. Our first census of 1953 said the old eastern region was 7.2 million and that igbos in it accounted for 66%. That includes igbos now in Rivers and cross rivers States. Which means we were 4.7 million in 1953. Most African States have multiplied their 1953 census by 4. The worst (like Nigeria) multiplied by 5. If igbos for some reason also multiplied by 5, we would be 23.7 million today, including igbos in Rivers and cross rivers States. Official projections say we are 21.7 million. Which statistical calculations gave you 30 million?
3. My posts are based on sourced facts and emperical evidence not what I guessed or hoped. Until we begin to do it as a people (Nigeria included), we won't get much right. No people develop without planning with reliable data
Re: Should The South East Be Allowed To Leave? by AfricanColumbus: 9:26am On Jul 19, 2023
Razgas:

1. Over population is not a potential.
2. Our last census in 2006 said we are 16.2 million. Our first census of 1953 said the old eastern region was 7.2 million and that igbos in it accounted for 66%. That includes igbos now in Rivers and cross rivers States. Which means we were 4.7 million in 1953. Most African States have multiplied their 1953 census by 4. The worst (like Nigeria) multiplied by 5. If igbos for some reason also multiplied by 5, we would be 23.7 million today, including igbos in Rivers and cross rivers States. Official projections say we are 21.7 million. Which statistical calculations gave you 30 million?
3. My posts are based on sourced facts and emperical evidence not what I guessed or hoped. Until we begin to do it as a people (Nigeria included), we won't get much right. No people develop without planning with reliable data

But there's really no reliable data anywhere. So speculation and estimates to the higher or lower limits are okay.
Re: Should The South East Be Allowed To Leave? by Nobody: 9:53am On Jul 19, 2023
AfricanColumbus:

But there's really no reliable data anywhere. So speculation and estimates to the higher or lower limits are okay.
the 1953 census was done by the British. They had been doing census for over 1000 years before that. And in multiple countries too. So yes my numbers are reliable...yours? Not so much.
Re: Should The South East Be Allowed To Leave? by AfricanColumbus: 10:27am On Jul 19, 2023
Razgas:
the 1953 census was done by the British. They had been doing census for over 1000 years before that. And in multiple countries too. So yes my numbers are reliable...yours? Not so much.

Ok boss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Okay, Since Everybody Is Crying "Marginalization" In Nigeria. . . . . / Picture: The Real Face Of The Man That Made The Anti-muslim Film / Lopsidedness At Kano Customs Training College Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.