Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,331 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

Where Can I Legally Relocate To In 6 Months Time? - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Where Can I Legally Relocate To In 6 Months Time? (33368 Views)

Which Nice Country Can I Relocate To Legally With ₦8m? / How Can I Legally Obtain A Chinese Visa. / Anambra Int'l Airport To Be Delivered In 15 Months Time Says APGA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Can I Legally Relocate To In 6 Months Time? by vickydevoka(m): 6:20am On Jul 21, 2023
ahzNigeria:
Well, you don't want UK

However if anyone wants to japaa with study, studying in the UK is a great way to leave this country. You can learn more about this September UK intake for international students (Late application is still ongoing) or you participate in January 2024 UK intake. Check https://ahzassociates.co.uk/september-2023-intake-in-the-uk/ for more info.
Leave uk na, uk is using us
Re: Where Can I Legally Relocate To In 6 Months Time? by Leandah: 7:37am On Jul 21, 2023
Thanks for your input Ayinke.

Canadian EE favours younger and highly educated people which I am not and even at that the wait time in quiet unpredictable, so it won't work for me.

Ayinke93:
Giving yourself the very tight 6 months timeline is a very big recipe for failure in this japa journey. Taking the time even if it's 3 years to do it properly and not run into another world of struggle because of desperation is a better strategy in my opinion. Take your time to research, consider learning French and exploring Canadian express entry. That process alone might take up to 18 months. also, consider learning in demand skills in your country of choice, trust me japa is only sweet when you are not working ridiculous hours doing menial jobs. The rewards of taking these steps far outweighs that you'll get if you desperately escape in 6 months.
Re: Where Can I Legally Relocate To In 6 Months Time? by Leandah: 7:39am On Jul 21, 2023
Can you suggest any EU country that allows students come in with dependants?

Thanks.

CuriousStudent:
Best is via study route

Don't use visa agent. Target eu countries.
Re: Where Can I Legally Relocate To In 6 Months Time? by Leandah: 7:47am On Jul 21, 2023
Thanks. I'll check it out.

lanocfoods:

Someone said nice things about Austria research more on it, in the meantime convert most of your savings to $ it will help appreciate
Re: Where Can I Legally Relocate To In 6 Months Time? by Leandah: 7:51am On Jul 21, 2023
Thank you. I would look into them.

Exceed15:
I do not know your financial strength but thank u ruled out UK. It is not a place to start with your kids. Look at Sweden, Australia, Finland. Their economy is stable, free education for your child , almost zero crime free countries. I pray God guide and see you through.
Re: Where Can I Legally Relocate To In 6 Months Time? by Leandah: 8:04am On Jul 21, 2023
I know right? grin

Well, UK made financial sense before GBP became 1000 to a Naira. Now you need to have more than N20m for a 1 year masters plus living expenses. I wouldn't have been bothered if they had reliable pathways to citizenship but they keep moving their goal post and increasing fees. And the worse now is that I can't even go with my son. That is not an option for me.

Oluwomonext212:
It’s funny the way you said not UK ooo, pls. Why did you say that ? Canada US Australia… except those countries, no any part of Schengen u can go that is better than UK 🇬🇧 Cuz even their citizens goes to UK to work cuz of the exchange rate.

2 Likes

Re: Where Can I Legally Relocate To In 6 Months Time? by Foohuhio: 8:07am On Jul 21, 2023
Leandah:
Thanks Xammie, I have done that already, but you know the living expenses here has greatly increased so you end up spending so much. Thats why I need to leave now.

please how do I convert mine to foreign currency?
Re: Where Can I Legally Relocate To In 6 Months Time? by Leandah: 8:16am On Jul 21, 2023
Just open a domicilliary account with your bank and fund it with foreign currency of your choice.

Foohuhio:
please how do I convert mine to foreign currency?
Re: Where Can I Legally Relocate To In 6 Months Time? by Oluwomonext212(m): 9:08am On Jul 21, 2023
Your reasons are valid ! Canada gives the best when it comes to immigrant naturalization, you get it cheaper and faster than UK. God will make ur wish a success !

Leandah:
I know right? grin

Well, UK made financial sense before GBP became 1000 to a Naira. Now you need to have more than N20m for a 1 year masters plus living expenses. I wouldn't have been bothered if they had reliable pathways to citizenship but they keep moving their goal post and increasing fees. And the worse now is that I can't even go with my son. That is not an option for me.

Re: Where Can I Legally Relocate To In 6 Months Time? by laivwire(m): 9:11am On Jul 21, 2023
airsaylongcome:

You can work with a B1/B2? shocked

You can apply for jobs actually and if you get, change your visa from tourist to work visa

1 Like

Re: Where Can I Legally Relocate To In 6 Months Time? by laivwire(m): 9:27am On Jul 21, 2023
MrDoGood:

Try and apply for a work permit visa in any of the schengen countries. Especially small ones like Poland, Malta and the rest. Netherlands is big and you can get it too. Finland as well. These you can get within 6 months. USA is very difficult to get appointment. You can go first your son apply as dependent. Or you can just process his admissions from there yourself. Is there nobody he can live with for at most a 6 months after your departure?
It's work permit for Schengen you mentioned simply like that? grin

Poland, Hungary, Lithuania not to talk of the other Baltic and Balkan nations are all flooding Scandinavia dragging menial jobs with Africans. With that amount Of can process fast on an individual basis but these countries are only good as transit now. Things are not so easy in the world now

1 Like

Re: Where Can I Legally Relocate To In 6 Months Time? by laivwire(m): 9:32am On Jul 21, 2023
Oluwomonext212:
It’s funny the way you said not UK ooo, pls. Why did you say that ? Canada US Australia… except those countries, no any part of Schengen u can go that is better than UK 🇬🇧 Cuz even their citizens goes to UK to work cuz of the exchange rate.
Says who?
Re: Where Can I Legally Relocate To In 6 Months Time? by femijay8271(m): 9:57am On Jul 21, 2023
Btruth:
Canada. You can talk to me ......

Are you in Canada?
Re: Where Can I Legally Relocate To In 6 Months Time? by femijay8271(m): 10:06am On Jul 21, 2023
Papilagreen:
See topics like these are what I like to add my own cents to.

First of all before you think of relocating to another country you need to plan real good.

If I should be honest with you the 6 months time range you can make it happen but depending on the country of your choosing.

If I will advice you of countries to relocate to these will be my best options for you.

Luxembourg
Sweden
Finland
China
Norway
These countries are my top choice
Second choice
USA
Canada
Australia
Mexico.

So haven't did that I will add this for you..

6 months won't be enough to get you to any of these countries minimum time u need 1 year minimum and it depends on the rout you taking and how you go about it.

I live in America ND America is a good place except for it drugs challenges and gun violence and some policies they implement in their government system of rulership.

My advice take your time plan not just for your self but for your son. What opportunities are you going to expose him to and how best to achieve this..

I relocated to USA in December 2019 and it's the best decision I ever made.
The only thing be say I dey try as much to avoid problems much as I can.
Reason be say anybody for America u wan fight, 98% chance say your opponent get gon chucked in his body somewhere and won't even think twice to empty the clips on your body dem no sabi use hand to hand fight here na gun them know and you can get guns easily here like say na garri u dey go buy for market.

I do have a gun myself but legally for protection and I don't walk with it I keep it at home Incase somebody try to break into my place. In summary na for protection.

Things are hard everywhere for America right now we dey recession too but still on that I dey see 3 square meals eat easy. I dey fit save even if na $20 monthly after all my expenses which includes helping family and friends back home monthly but I don learn to dey give with wisdom sine I now have a child.

To sum it up for you bro.. if you decide to choose the American route, from my experience it will take you nothing less than 1year and 4 months minimum so the earliest you start the better. Still on still the way us embassy dey deny visa now days dey fear me.
My kid bro was denied visa the truth be say na to prep yourself go well because e their questions is phycological u need to be smart to not losegard they ask same questions twice in different approach and you give two different answers you done DENIED VISA..
You have to get your shit right B4 u go by prepping well. Hopefully he will still try again I know people who go like 3 times B4 dem grant them visa mine was one try I got mine. So with some of my friends I helped to get here.

I will always say this... I know of person very close to me wain only sabi say him papa name for English the rest na hand him take demonstrate and dem give am visa ooo. All you need is confidence and prep well for your interview..

And finally before I exit the floor bro you can relocate with your son via study visa to come study ND find your self a job placement to sponsor you for job employment visa ND you good to go. You bring your son with you as a dependant. Very easy just apply for am along with you.

U no need millions to relocate to America but you just need the right information which you have Google for unless you need professional assistance which you can get if you have the right info..

Last last you go dey alright if you are able to make it here. Talking from a guy who came to America with just $250 in his pocket without knowing anybody. And it's the best decision I ever made..
I hope this my one cent was able to help the best way.
If you need more info feel free to reach out I will be glad to assist the best I can.

Ur head dey dere bro.
I'm planning to come over to Canada but to later relocate to USA, what did u think about that?
Re: Where Can I Legally Relocate To In 6 Months Time? by laivwire(m): 10:10am On Jul 21, 2023
Papilagreen:

What do you know exactly about china?
Sometimes you just need get your facts right.
China today is the world power like top 1 countries with great GDP.
The only issue with China is the population as well as the climate conditions aside that nothing.

One advantage of you coming to America as an international student is that you will meet lots of people from different countries.

I met people from different countries ND we still good friend. I have friends from china.japan. Taiwan Norway Finland and Samoa of all of us including Nigerians as well all of us who came here after our studies those who came from China and Japan went back home they said their life there is better because of their culture ND food. The moment they done with their studies they go back.

Most families from China comes from wealth family dating from the old Chinese dynasty and their wealth no be here I get good example like my previous roommate quminng is his name he came to America solely for his doctorate degree and as soon as he was done he went back he hate it here due to the gun violence because for China guns are not allowed by anybody to wield it's against the law.
So abeg try get your into right. Abi u no know say na china dey top the world in terms of tech or innovation?? Even America dey fear china now just fyi America go take china more seriously than Russia when it comes to treath do ur research and get ur facts right..

Where all the products u dey use dey come from.. where u think say the iphone we dey die dey come from mostly the chips etc is made in China but the headquarters in America.. oga abeg try reason with me small B4 u Sy anything about china.

Granted but have you lived there as a black immigrant? Smh.

Hearsay and Online research is far different from experiential learning.
Re: Where Can I Legally Relocate To In 6 Months Time? by Papilagreen: 10:17am On Jul 21, 2023
So you are not in China and you talking Na online u dey follow okay..
That's why u no go know till u go..
laivwire:

Granted but have you lived there as a black immigrant? Smh.

Hearsay and Online research is far different from experiential learning.
Re: Where Can I Legally Relocate To In 6 Months Time? by Papilagreen: 10:18am On Jul 21, 2023
femijay8271:

Ur head dey dere bro.
I'm planning to come over to Canada but to later relocate to USA, what did u think about that?

Nice move for sure
Re: Where Can I Legally Relocate To In 6 Months Time? by femijay8271(m): 10:23am On Jul 21, 2023
Papilagreen:

Nice move for sure

Alright bro.
Re: Where Can I Legally Relocate To In 6 Months Time? by laivwire(m): 10:23am On Jul 21, 2023
Papilagreen:

So you are not in China and you talking Na online u dey follow okay..
That's why u no go know till u go..

Will you happily relocate to China today if you had the chance?

You are advising readers to consider China and I'm asking; have you've lived there? You're basing your assertions on people you met in the US and China's macro economy.

I've not been to China but I can safely conclude your sources of information are not solid enough to advice people to consider China as a migration destination of choice.

No need for banter or hate speech, I'm just adding my input for other readers.

1 Like

Re: Where Can I Legally Relocate To In 6 Months Time? by loliapoopy2013(f): 10:41am On Jul 21, 2023
kelvindj98:
Want to japa in 6 months abi. Here are some beautiful countries you can go to within that timeline. Lebanon, Afghanistan, Tunisia, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Haiti, Honduras, and El Salvador. Thank me later.

Lol, you are wuked
Re: Where Can I Legally Relocate To In 6 Months Time? by bjdon: 10:54am On Jul 21, 2023
Benin City Edo State!
Best place to Japa to grin
Re: Where Can I Legally Relocate To In 6 Months Time? by McGeorge1(m): 10:55am On Jul 21, 2023
Pls I once asked about the requirements for japaring to Ivory Coast 🇨🇮 but no one responded. Please can anyone help? Thanks.
Re: Where Can I Legally Relocate To In 6 Months Time? by yewit37486: 11:07am On Jul 21, 2023
Papilagreen:

Thanks for the wonderful advice baba e be like na watin I go do be that infact I go rack all I can and make life the best I can for my self and my wife and daughter..

So actually when I say 20$ I no mean I save just 20$ monthly..
Infact make I Yan you small update. I don work like work a 9 to 5 job for now.. I used to work and school when I was in Illinois when I was studying for my first master's degree what I do back then infact still do it on my pleasure time whenever am bored at home presently.
But back then when I was fully hustling I school and work. I do have classes 3 times a week and those days I don't work the rest of the days I work like 6 to 8 hours daily I do what is called door dashing and what it means is that you pick up food from restaurants and deliver to people at home or at their work or at school so basically, people who are busy at school or at home or at their place of work and don't have time they place their order on door dash app and we pickup and deliver to them and we get our percentage. Basically I just drive there I pickup the food and I go deliver on a bad day I make 75$ and on a good day I make up to $150 per day.
For now I am presently working on my second masters degree in movie production and cinematography. I already have a master's degree in geology and bro i will tell you my school expenses yearly including school fees and textbook amounts to bout $23,000 I pay off pocket I don't have any scholarship. So I pay off pocket. I pay from what I do doordashing.
My wife works for the Kentucky state government she makes good okay money to keep up with any of our need expenses and we get to save more too. We planning on buying our own house soon and we plan on paying cash not loan or mortgage plan because we know how to plan well let's say I know how to plan I am good with money management my wife on the other hand don't.
Also when u say skills I am a geologist pu profession I get offer for job for here yearly I get paid $98.000 I turned it down
My reasons.
I my daughter is just be turning 2 in September still little and from Kentucky to Florida is far I can't leave my daughter for now

Secondly geology is what I studied back in Nigeria in the university before I came to America that was the course I got admitted here when I got admission for my master's degree program. After I finish am truth be told, I never loved to work full time as a geologist because it's a risky professional but with good pay.. what I love to do is be a move producer and a director ND that what I have always wanted. My family we come from entertainment background it's like it's in our blood.
My elder brother na musician and he is doing great with it in Nigeria him dey make good living from. And me movie and music production has always been my passion that's why I dey film school now and I am happy with what I have gotten so far. So Nigeria make una dey expect me soon I am coming over to take over the entertainment industry..
With that said bros money na money.. last month na only $20 I save for my future project I wan come do for Nigeria previous months B4 that $500 this month I already had 1200 added some months are good some months are bad and every month I dey send Monty to family and friends ooo I get big family for Nigeria so after every every and I don pay my bill here as well for America ND I save $20 that month I will will happily say I try
I hope you get the point now...

Even if it's $20 you save, it is still money, and saving is not just about the amount but the discipline of putting something aside. You don't owe that guy or anyone else any explanation for your finances. You are also supporting family in Nigeria and paying your bills, you are trying already. Just keep at it.
Re: Where Can I Legally Relocate To In 6 Months Time? by Papilagreen: 11:10am On Jul 21, 2023
Last I checked I wasn't bantering with you infact u use the word SMH if am correct..

See my advice to u is try travel experience new places and witness the culture in real life urself so you can talk first hand.

U dey follow news and why people tell u which is cool..
But have you asked yourself why the people relocating there are suffering? Abi u think say na only china immigrants dey suffer? Come see as dem dey suffer here too.. when dem tell una say no cross border without proper documents na people like u go say them dey too deny or the waiting process too long so make u find quick way.. so you go pay roadrunner money e carry u cross desert and river carry u reach border u mange cross enter with no peppers and u wan come dey live life?

Listen those people or factions telling u that china is hard, dem no get papers or legal permit always running n dem dey suffer wella there and dem full here too dem dey always run from authorities cause no paper..

If u get free data try go watch IMMIGRATION NATION..
With that said, I get sure people I know who went to China legally and very okay.. so try get ur facts right next time..
And besides just like America is not for everybody na so china be too so I hope it is a point of clarity to u now.

laivwire:

Will you happily relocate to China today if you had the chance?

You are advising readers to consider China and I'm asking; have you've lived there? You're basing your assertions on people you met in the US and China's macro economy.

I've not been to China but I can safely conclude your sources of information are not solid enough to advice people to consider China as a migration destination of choice.

No need for banter or hate speech, I'm just adding my input for other readers.
Re: Where Can I Legally Relocate To In 6 Months Time? by Papilagreen: 11:12am On Jul 21, 2023
yewit37486:

Even if it's $20 you save, it is still money, and saving is not just about the amount but the discipline of putting something aside. You don't owe that guy or anyone else any explanation for your finances. You are also supporting family in Nigeria and paying your bills, you are trying already. Just keep at it.

Thanks u are full of wisdom..

1 Like

Re: Where Can I Legally Relocate To In 6 Months Time? by LLSAINT(m): 11:22am On Jul 21, 2023
What are you good at doing?
That is your profile

Nteogwuija:

Please, what do u mean by 'build your profile'? Thanks for the response in advance.
Re: Where Can I Legally Relocate To In 6 Months Time? by Love800(m): 11:50am On Jul 21, 2023
Am not a science student. Can i still get the heathcare training?
VULCAN:
If you are ready to humble yourself and do some healthcare training, you can be in New Zealand in less than 6months.

They pay about $30k NZD per year and their cost of living is nice.

2 yrs to Permanent Residency. NZ is bae in your case

But of you don't want that then you can get a business visa for like $5k NZ USD. That can lead to Permanent Residency also

1 Like

Re: Where Can I Legally Relocate To In 6 Months Time? by MrDoGood(m): 1:52pm On Jul 21, 2023
laivwire:

It's work permit for Schengen you mentioned simply like that? grin

Poland, Hungary, Lithuania not to talk of the other Baltic and Balkan nations are all flooding Scandinavia dragging menial jobs with Africans. With that amount Of can process fast on an individual basis but these countries are only good as transit now. Things are not so easy in the world now

Yes.

I'm not an agent, neither do I refer. But with the right information, 6 months is okay. With that amount, he won't spend half for student visa to Malta. But I prefer work permit. Finland is a good and easy one too.

I prefer a country that I can easily get my long resident permit. Or you can call it permanent resident permit.

UK, Canada, USA be killing us with exorbitant school fees like say we go work the money even before graduation. Rubbish
Re: Where Can I Legally Relocate To In 6 Months Time? by Classickj(m): 2:28pm On Jul 21, 2023
Xammie001:

FIRST AND FOREMOST
CONVERT YOUR SAVINGS TO FOREIGN CURRENCY AT ALL COST THEN WE LOOK FOR LOCATION LATER
How can one do this
Re: Where Can I Legally Relocate To In 6 Months Time? by KingPure(m): 4:04pm On Jul 21, 2023
Biola67:

If you’re talking about Germany. Appointment isn’t so easy to see…

You know nothing to less than nothing on what you're saying. If you want to learn, humble and say so.
Re: Where Can I Legally Relocate To In 6 Months Time? by phenzy(m): 4:05pm On Jul 21, 2023
Classickj:

How can one do this

Convert the amount you have into dollar or pounds using the oanda rate
Re: Where Can I Legally Relocate To In 6 Months Time? by laivwire(m): 4:37pm On Jul 21, 2023
MrDoGood:

Yes.

I'm not an agent, neither do I refer. But with the right information, 6 months is okay. With that amount, he won't spend half for student visa to Malta. But I prefer work permit. Finland is a good and easy one too.

I prefer a country that I can easily get my long resident permit. Or you can call it permanent resident permit.

UK, Canada, USA be killing us with exorbitant school fees like say we go work the money even before graduation. Rubbish

I understand but a work permit in schegen countries is not easy to get and the odds of getting an official job to keep you legal for an extended period is really slim. I don't know about Malta though

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Accident That Claimed Nine Lives In Benin (Pictures) / Three Die While Returning From RCCG Convention / White Lady Complains About The Difficulty In Getting Nigerian Permit (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.