Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,013 members, 7,821,548 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. (38933 Views)

What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? / Things I Saw In A Coded Bar/motel, Bothering Me About Marriage! / What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by eleniyan2020: 3:50pm On Jul 23, 2023
IyanuDeb:
are you people always assuming you will get married to a village wife when you are saying all these? What happens when you get married to a doctor? She you will still be telling her to enter kitchen morning, afternoon and evening undecided
no ma...
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by ajimo54(m): 4:55pm On Jul 23, 2023
ibrutex:
To the married men and women in the house , let's give them some, not on papers experience which you will never be told before marriage...

Some of these I learnt through a friend....

A) If you (husband) have 5k and the woman has 3k , sum it together in marriage arithmetic , total cash available in that house is 5k, thanks.

B) As a man be prepared to enter kitchen, expecially those early morning cooking, or else be ready to visit mama put..

Keep it rolling......

Modern day marriage will not last based on that fact that women have been taught that they have rights equal to man. However, old time marriages last till now because our mothers respected our fathers!

1 Like

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by cayorday89(m): 5:01pm On Jul 23, 2023
gabmanuel:

I think if people should just be behaving the way they were during Dating/courtship, there won't be much issues.

NB: There can be 1% exception.
This line of yours, I have always thought about it, what exactly is special about the word marriage if not it been an official recognition of intimate friendship, for me it's just a word especially for those who cohabit and tolerate one another for many years even with one or two children involved suddenly starts having issues the moment it is now termed marriage officially. Seen many cases and I still can't wrap my head around it.

1 Like

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by LeoFish92(m): 5:52pm On Jul 23, 2023
alllivesmatter:
Nice Thread. 34 and I don't even have a girlfriend. Let alone a fiancee.

Omo. Wetin dey sup. What happened to your previous relationship?
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Lincton: 6:42pm On Jul 23, 2023
Ensure you remove the word "anger" from your life, in order to enjoy your marriage because it can lead to 'danger'
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Rhozabeth(m): 8:12pm On Jul 23, 2023
gabmanuel:
1... A woman's money is her money, but a man's money is the money for the house/family

2... A woman will almost always chose her siblings and her children over you.

3... A woman will always be comfortable with her family members staying around, but will never be all happy if it's the other way round.

4... Never tell your wife about all the money you have, because her demand will increase.

5... As a man, be ready to spend and double your hustle because you must provide ooo, whether nah Tinubu or Obi wey be president.

6... Be ready to always tolerate and forgive, never allow any issue with your spouse to cross 24hrs, irrespective of who was wrong, peace is paramount.

7... You will be considered lucky if the both of you are ready to learn, relearn and take corrections , because in marriage, you will keep seeing new things from both parties.

I think if people should just be behaving the way they were during Dating/courtship, there won't be much issues.

NB: There can be 1% exception.

What I don't know is if u are married. But u nailed it. U were on point!

1 Like

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by alllivesmatter(m): 9:17pm On Jul 23, 2023
LeoFish92:

Omo. Wetin dey sup. What happened to your previous relationship?

Lol..you'd be surprised...haven't actually been in an actual relationship...at best...the highest lasted for 3 to 4 months.

It's always drama upon drama upon drama.
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by DonroxyII: 9:50pm On Jul 23, 2023
chima47:
As a single person, people will always ask you when will you settle down, meaning when will you marry. Don't be deceived, marriage has unsettled many who were settled singles.
Gisos grin ...
You like playing with words cheesy ...

Laslas, We go dey Alright!

1 Like

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by DonroxyII: 9:56pm On Jul 23, 2023
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by DonroxyII: 10:09pm On Jul 23, 2023
willoly:
If you are lucky to marry a wife you are complete, but if unfortunately you marry that woman then you are completely finished. Just pray, where your wisdom can't reach, prayer will cross you over.
Olohun .. This is the Hack Many Do Not Know .... Prayer with Smart Hustles is the Hack to Marital Breakthrough No Be to Rely On Person Sense alone ... Two Lions With Cubs Packed Inside On House Na Fires But With God, Every One go Understand Their Duties & Sempefy!

Ko si were Where God dey Reign ... But if U no Call Am E no go show & If U no Call Genuinely E still no go show grin
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by DonroxyII: 10:13pm On Jul 23, 2023
Graficient:
Most of you should just keep quiet. Attend seminars, get books about marriage and relationship, read and learn now and stop buying some of these nonsense.
Build your finances and have specific life goals before you look for a partner that you are not only physically compatible with but you two can align your goals and work together as a team.
Build capacity, learn about the fear of God, learn understanding, tolerance, patience, how to love and respect. Don't jump into marriage thinking you will be able to learn everyday without the basic foundations. You might just crash before you start.
E took Elon Musk Considerable time to Launch SpaceX Successfully But Do You Know same guy noh see marriage Manage Despite Multiple Women

Imagine ooo ... Marriage No be Beans for those not well Prepared.....

E be like person wey wan start Businesses without Business Sense .... you Yaff Failed Yakata !

Marriage is a Commitment By Both Parties that E Must Work By water By Soul !

2 Likes

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Tayorshd87: 10:29pm On Jul 23, 2023
sylve11:
When a man is young , he tries to please his parents,

When he gets married, he tries to please his spouse

When he becomes a father, he tries to please his children,

When he grows old, he tries to please God.

One day, he comes to discover that his life had never been his own. sad cool

And that's the epilogue of life because we actually spring from some source and into which we.shall return 😢
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by femifezzy(m): 2:27am On Jul 24, 2023
This thread is interesting, we'd learn
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by LeoFish92(m): 7:48am On Jul 24, 2023
alllivesmatter:

Lol..you'd be surprised...haven't actually been in an actual relationship...at best...the highest lasted for 3 to 4 months.

It's always drama upon drama upon drama.

Lolz. You sure say you go marry like this?
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by alllivesmatter(m): 6:31pm On Jul 24, 2023
LeoFish92:

Lolz. You sure say you go marry like this?

I'm positive I will ... Insha Allah... Always told myself that I'll marry a well known friend and settle with the devil I know.
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Majorbankz007: 8:29am On Aug 15, 2023
Pronto64 I see you try reaching me by mail regarding hair growth stuf. Kindly see my WhatsApp in bio
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Emmanuel30a: 10:25am On Aug 15, 2023
ibrutex:
To the married men and women in the house , let's give them some, not on papers experience which you will never be told before marriage...

Some of these I learnt through a friend....

A) If you (husband) have 5k and the woman has 3k , sum it together in marriage arithmetic , total cash available in that house is 5k, thanks.

B) As a man be prepared to enter kitchen, expecially those early morning cooking, or else be ready to visit mama put..

Keep it rolling......
Mumu mugu imun gun...,etc; asks your father, grandfather, mother and grandmother, forefathers and "fore,afore,dore & adore/before" mothers... You can always/also asks Muniru Nuru Sikiru ati beebeelo... Muniru and Ambali...etc...
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by gabmanuel(m): 8:33pm On Nov 06, 2023
Rhozabeth:

What I don't know is if u are married. But u nailed it. U were on point!

I am newly married.
I talked from personal experience and what I learnt from others before I entered marriage life.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Do I Confront My Husband About This Issue? / 62-Year-Old Mother Of 5 Weds 75-Year-Old Man In Delta State / Housewife Destroys Flat Screen Television Over Issues With Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.